Homecoming Part 6

Summer's Bay

Thanks for reading :)

I edited some of the last chapter, so you might want to re-read before you read this new chapter..

Chapter 532

Mason Bistro- Brisbane

Martin looked at his watch, Sarah was 15 minutes late. He racked his brains trying to remember if he had the time wrong, or the wrong location. He drank some of his coffee and looked out of the window and sighed.

“Sorry I’m late” Martin turned to see Sarah taking off her jacket and sitting opposite him

“No worries, I just got here” Martin said and smiled as he looked at Sarah. She looked even better than he remembered

“What can I get you “The waitress said as she came over to the table

“Oh just a coffee please” Sarah said as she smiled at the waitress who nodded and walked away

“So, how’s the leg?” Sara said as she pushed her hair behind her ears

“Getting better every day” Martin said as he lifted his plastered leg up. Sarah smiled then she looked up as the waitress put her coffee on the table

“Thanks” Sarah said and smiled as Martin looked at her

Background music- Romance theme *

“You sure you don’t want anything else? Let me see I think I can afford for us to share a sandwich” Martin said as he reached into his pocket and took out two pennies as Sarah laughed. Martin always made her laugh. That is what she liked about him

“No, the coffee is fine thanks” Sarah said and poured some milk into her coffee.

“So what else do you do on your day off?” Martin said as he watched Sarah sip her coffee. Even though he didn’t know her well, there was something that he liked. Martin sighed silently as he remembered Megan. He really thought he was in love with Megan, he even thought he was going to marry her but she never felt the same as him

“Well me and my flat mate, we clean our flat then we go and shop for food then maybe go and watch a movie if she doesn’t have plans with her boyfriend. When she does I stay home and watch TV with my cat cuddles” Sarah said and smiled

“Cuddles…I wouldn’t mind meeting Cuddles one day..animals love me” Martin said and smiled. Sarah smiled.

“What about you?” Sarah said

“Right about now wishing I was lying on a beach somewhere” Martin said and sighed

“Well the Sunbird beach is only 40 minutes from here” Sarah said

“Yeah, but it probably isn’t as good as the beach we have at home in Summer Bay” Martin said and smiled

“I bet its better” Sarah said and giggled

“Ok, since you want to bet…we have to check out both places. I’ll go to Sunbird, then you have to come to Summer Bay…is that a deal?” Martin said and he put his hand out and Sarah started giggling

“Come on, you’re the one who made the bet” Martin said as he looked at Sarah who was giggling. She didn’t know Martin well, yet here she was, potentially going away with him. Sarah nodded

“Ok” Sarah said then she shook Martins hand as she giggled. Martin noticed how soft her hands were and how beautiful her eyes were when she smiled

“I dunno about you, but I think I’m going to have some of that apple pie over there…excuse me, two slices of apple pie please” Martin said and the waitress nodded. Sarah was about to protest then she decided against it. She was enjoying Martins company. Shortly after the waitress returned with two slices of apple pie. “I should think of what I am going to get when I win the bet” Martin said as he ate some of his apple pie

“I wouldn’t get too over confident if I was you” Martin said

“Oh yeah?” Sarah said

“Yeah” Martin said and Sarah giggled

“the food is great, the people are friendly..hey, you will see a familiar face. Lt Lucini will still probably be there” Martin said and Sarah froze as she stared at Martin

“Something wrong with your apple pie? tastes good to me…I should’ve asked for custard as well..excuse me can I have some custard please…do you want some custard?” Martin said as he looked at Sarah who looked like a possum caught in headlights

“I’m leaving” Sarah said and she got up and put her jacket on as Martin looked at her confused

“Why? You just got here” Martin said

“I don’t want to see you again” Sarah said and she picked up her bag and walked towards the entrance

“Wait..what did I say?” martin said as he struggled to get up but was too late, Sarah had already walked out of the Bistro. Martin sighed and he sat down. He knew what he said. Mentioning Lt Lucini. He knew it was a stupid thing to do, but he thought Sarah would’ve opened up and said why she had a problem with him. Martin looked at the waitress as she put the custard on the table. He wasn’t even hungry anymore. He was annoyed and probably just ruined a potential relationship. He had to find out what Lt Lucini did to Sarah that made her frightened of him, but he didn’t know how he was going to do it…

Background music ends

Beach- Summer Bay

“Bobby look we caught a fish” Sam said excited

“Thats great Sam!” Bobby said and smiled as Greg  took the fish off the line and put it in a bucket

“So that’s three fishes, I think we did good didn’t we mate” Greg said

“Yeah” Sam said excited

“Alright, lets wash our hands and have some lunch” Greg said as Bobby put the sandwiches on the table

“What are you doing?” Greg said

“Putting the sandwiches out” Bobby said

“No you don’t. I told you that you don’t have to do anything. Just sit down and relax” Greg said

“Ok ok” Bobby said and she put her hands up and sat down. She turned around and looked at the at how far they were from the beach and signed. Even though it was peaceful she couldn’t help thinking about what Steve said.

Flashback

Frank- This is a bit sudden, you wanting to leave

Steve- I’ve been thinking about it for a while

Sally- Steve are you going to come back

Steve- Maybe one day Sal

Sally- but why do yo have to go?

Steve- I just do Sal

Bobby- If its going to make you happy, then I say go for it

Steve- Thanks Bobby

Flashback ends

“Bobby” Bobby looked up to see Greg giving her a plate

“Sorry, I was miles away. This looks great, thanks” Bobby said and smiled. She wasn’t really hungry. She knew why Steve was going, he felt responsible for Thomas dying.

“Is there something wrong?” Greg said

“No, nothing” Bobby said

“I thought it might have something to do with what Steve told you” Greg said

“No, its just been a long week” Bobby said

“Well hopefully us spending time together as a family will cheer you up” Greg said as he sat next to Bobby and kissed her cheek

“Yeah, it will” Bobby said and smiled..

Shaunna blew her whistle as the kids came running back onto the sand from the water

“Well done. Now we’re going to take a break for lunch, then we are going to do some basic first aid” Shaunna said and the kids in front of her nodded and rushed over to where their lunches and towels were

“Hello Shaunna” Shaunna turned around to see Celia walking towards her

“Hello Mrs Ross” Shaunna said

“I just wanted to come along and see how everything was going” Celia said

“Yeah, good” Shaunna said

“I must admit, I was surprised when Haydn said he wanted me to make him a packed lunch because he was going to junior lifeguaurds” Celia said and Shaunna smiled to herself

“He mustve heard from his school mates how fun it was going to be” Shaunna said

“Yes, that is probably what it was…oh before I forget, I brought you some lunch as well” Celia said

“Oh you didn’t need to” Shaunna said but secretly she was happy because Mrs Ross made the best sandwiches

“Oh yes I did. I didn’t want you to go without” Celia said and she smiled. She really like Shaunna.

“Thank you” Shaunna said and smiled

“You’re welcome..I’ll see you later” Celia said and she walked away as Shaunna smiled.

Caravan Park- Summer Bay

Steve quietly opened the backdoor, closed it behind him and walked around to the back porch and sat down and sighed. He did it…told his family he was going. Now that it was out in the open he didn’t know how he felt because now it was a reality..he was really going. Steve rolled his eyes as he watched Ben park the car. He didn’t know what Carly saw in him, he was a scum bag, and she had turned into a scumbag since marrying him

“I’ll give you a dollar to clean my car” Ben said as he walked up to the house

“Get lost” Steve said

“You’ve been asking for a really good hiding” Ben said and Steve got up

“Yeah from who?” Steve said

“From me you little drop kick” Ben said as he and Steve bumped chests

“Go on then..I’m not afraid of you” Steve said

“Yeah” Ben said as he got annoyed then he started to laugh. Steve reminded him of new army  recruits that thought they were brave

“Go on, take a shot I’m not afraid of you scumbag” Steve said

“Hey , whats going on here?” Steve and Ben both looked behind them to see Frank holding Sophie. Sophie wanted to ride her bike for a little bit before she had some cake. Steve looked at Frank then he opened the back door and walked into the house

“Nothing, just playing around” Ben said and smiled

“Trust Steve to pick his timing” Carly said biting a into a sausage roll as she stood in the kitchen.

“Carly” Pippa said and looked at her

“Well he could’ve waited until after the party..but he just wanted the attention on him” Carly said

“He did say if he didn’t say it now, he probably wouldn’t have the courage to say it later on” Pippa said as she dried the mixing bowl

“Hope I didn’t miss all the food” Carly sighed as she heard Ben come into the house

“Hello Ben. No we have some left over..have you finished work for the day?” Pippa said as she walked out of the kitchen

“No, I asked someone to cover so I can take a lunch break. Happy birthday Sally, I hope you liked your present” Ben said as Sally sat at the table eating cake

“Yes thanks” Sally said with cake in her mouth

“Happy birthday Frank” Ben said as Frank and Sophie came into the house.

“Thanks” Frank said

“You’re birthday present is you letting me beat you at a game of cards” Ben said and Frank laughed

“Maybe another time” Frank said and he walked into the kitchen

“Did you have a good time riding your bike?” Pippa said and Sophie nodded

“shes getting really good, I think I need to take the training wheels off soon” Frank said

“Well let me slice you some cake” Pippa said and smiled as she walked out of the kitchen and Frank followed. Sophie sighed as Frank sat opposite her. Sophie was such a baby Sally thought to herself. She always made Frank pick her up. She wasn’t a baby like Sophie, and she didn’t like Sally anymore…

Nowra beach resort- Nowra Australia

“Oh love this is wonderful” Ailsa said as she opened the curtains in the hotel room. The view was spectacular.

“Only the best for you love” Alf said he opened a bottle of champagne. Ailsa turned around when she heard the cork pop. Alf poured some of the champagne into a glass and gave it to Ailsa then he poured some for himself.

Background music- Alf and Ailsa’s theme ***

“Sometimes all this feels like a dream. I remember the first time I saw you. I never thought I could love again..not after losing Martha, but I was wrong. I know I can be difficult at times, and I’ve got so many faults..I am so grateful that you still love me. Eveything I put you through with Debra..and finding out I have other kids..I never expected you to come back to me. It tore me apart to know that I could’ve lost you forever. I love you more than anything Ails..and I always will” Alf said and he opened his bag out and took out a a box and gave it to Ailsa

“Oh love…the resort was enough” Ailsa said and she opened the box and gasped. It was a beautiful necklace

“Please let me put it on for you” Alf said and Ailsa gave him the necklace and Alf put it on her

“It looks beautiful on you..just like I  knew it would” Alf said and Ailsa smiled

“I love you Ails” Alf said and Ailsa smiled

“I love you too” Ailsa said

“You better…you’re stuck with me” Alf said and Ailsa laughed as he hugged her…

Background music ends

Caravan Park- Summer bay

Steve looked up as he heard a knock on the already open bedroom door

Background music- Fletcher family theme

“Do you mind if I come in.. I brought you some cake” Pippa said

“ok” Steve said as Pippa came into the room. She put the cake on the edge of the bed

“Thanks” Steve said and sat up as Pippa sat next to him

“How are you?” Pippa said

“Well I did it” Steve said

“Yes you did..so now its official” Pippa said smiling even though she was hurt

“Do you hate me Pippa?” Steve said

“of course not darling..I know why you have to go. If this is going to make you happy then I am happy for you” Pippa said and smiled

“Thanks” Steve said and Pippa hugged him as her smile disappeared…

Sophie carefully put the dried plate on the table. She was helping her auntie Carly with the dishes.

“You’ve been a good helper, thank you Sophie” Carly said and smiled at her

“Oh I think your dad is finished, do you want to go and get his plate so we can wash it” Carly said and Sophie nodded

“HE’S NOT HER DAD” Sally said and she pushed Sophie onto the floor. She fell hard and began to cry. Frank stood up and rushed over to pick his crying daughter up

“THAT WAS VERY NAUGHTY SALLY GO TO YOUR ROOM NOW AND STAY THERE” Frank said annoyed

“But” Sally was interrupted

“I SAID NOW” Frank said as hugged Sophie and kissed her eye.

“Its ok sweetheart, you’re going to be just fine” Frank said as Sally ran up the stairs crying

“Does anything hurt?” Frank said as Sophie pointed to her bottom

“Ohhh you’re going to have a sore bum, but you are going to be just fine ok” Frank said and Sophie nodded as she laid her head on her dad’s shoulder.

“Sal, whats the matter?” Pippa said as Sally rushed past her on the stairs and ran into her room.

“Is she alright?” Carly said as she sat next to Frank and gave him a napkin

“Shes going to be fine” Frank said as he wiped Sophies cheeks

“What happened?” Pippa said

“Sal just told Sophie that Frank isn’t her dad and pushed her onto the floor” Carly said

“I just sent her to room” Frank said

“Oh dear…is Sophie hurt?” Pippa said

“Just a bit of a sore bum, but she’s going to be just fine” Frank said

“I better go up and see why Sally did that” Pippa said

“I can tell you why…she’s a spoilt brat” Carly said and Pippa gave her a disappointing look and she walked away…

Background music- Sally’s theme  **

Pippa exhaled as she got to the top of the stairs and lightly knocked on Sallys bedroom door

“Can I come in?” Pippa said as Sally sat on the bed and wiped the tears from her cheek. Pippa sat on the bed next to Sally

“What you said to Sophie wasn’t very nice..she was crying..and she hurt her bum” Pippa said

“Bottom” Sally said and Pippa rolled her eyes

“Its true..Frank is not her dad” Sally said

“Sweetheart, you remember when Sophies other dad was really mean to her?” Pippa said and Sally nodded

“Well he went away so Mrs Malloy said that Frank and Bobby should take care of Sophie and be her new mummy and her daddy because Sophie didn’t have anybody to look after her. She didn’t have a mummy or a daddy to take her to school, or be kind to her,” Pippa said

“So why is Frank with her all the time, he doesn’t even read me a story anymore” Sally said

“Oh sweetheart, you have me, and Steve, and Carly to read you a story. Sophie didn’t have anybody read her a story, and now that she has a new mummy and daddy, they want to do everything to make her happy. That’s why Frank wants to go to her house and read to her, so she can be happy” Pippa said as Sally began to process what Pippa was saying. She remembered when she was in the foster home, nobody read her a story, until she came to live with Tom and Pippa and Tom would read her a story. Sally felt embarrassed by what she did.

“I’m sorry..I didn’t mean to push Sophie” Sally said and she burst into tears

“Its alright sweetheart, I know you didnt” Pippa said and she hugged Sally and smiled..

Background music ends

Army Hospital- Brisbane

“Back already” Martin turned around to see one of the hospital porters behind him.

“G’day..I just came for a visit” Martin said

“Oh yeah?” The porter said

“Yeah..is Sarah working today?” Martin said

“Sarah..we have three Sarah’s here” The porter said

“Sarah Thompson” Martin said

“No I haven’t seen her today, probably her day off” The porter said and Martin sighed

“Why, you interested in her?” The porter said

“Oh she’s just a mate” Martin said

“Probably better off that way if you know what I mean” The porter said

“Why does she have a boyfriend?” Martin said

“Na, I haven’t seen her with anybody, not after the last bloke. ” The porter said

“Know him do ya” Martin said

“Know him? Hes the biggest scumbag walking the earth..he’s one of your lot” The porter said as he swept the floor

“Go easy…we’re not all bad” Martin said then the porter stopped and looked at him

“You are if your name is Lieutenant Ben Lucini” The porter said and continued to sweep as Martin stood in shock…

* I’ll be using this romance theme

** Going forward ill use this theme for all the young kids..Sam, Sophie..Sally and call it Kids emotional theme) 

*** Alf and Ailsa's theme 

Edited by Summer's Bay

Great chapter 

Poor Sophie I remember in the show I was not born then but I’ve seen it in old clips, when Bobby accidentally knocked Sally on her bottom.

Oh Sarah was dating Ben oh dear.

Update again soon :)

Edited by Kristen

Thanks for reading. Been a busy, but I will have a chapter by the end of the week!

Spoilers for the future..

- A character will move out of the beach house (Simpson residence)

- Three characters will be leaving Summer Bay in the near future

- Two big secrets will come out 

- A character will end up in jail (Somewhat connected to one of the secrets that will come out)

Any guesses?

:)

Edited by Summer's Bay

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for reading. Sorry for the delay, been really busy. 

I hope you enjoy :)

Chapter 533

Stewart Shop- Summer Bay

Sandra looked at her watch then out of the window. She was expecting Maurice to meet her after work like he normally did. Usually he was there before the shop shut, but today he wasn’t.

“You can turn the sign to close now Sandra” Celia said as she came out of the back

“Ok” Sandra said as she walked to the front door. Sandra turned the sign, and looked out of the window. She still didn’t see Maurice’s car.

“Can you just put these boxes in the back then we can go” Celia said

“Ok” Sandra said and she walked to the counter and picked the boxes up and took them to the stockroom. When she walked back to the shop floor, Mrs Ross was putting her jacket on.

“Thank you for your hard work today” Celia said

“You’re welcome” Sandra said

“I assume Alfred will take care of your wages when he gets home” Celia said

“He paid me already” Sandra said as they walked to the front door

“Alright then..well see you tomorrow” Celia said as she locked the door

“Ok, bye” Sandra said as she watched Mrs Ross walk away. Sandra looked at her watch again then looked around and sighed and began to walk home.

Caravan Park- Summer Bay

Frank opened the bathroom door and walked the short distance to his room.

“Happy Birthday” Frank turned around to see Finlay standing behind the door. She closed the door and let the towel that was draped around her fall to the floor

“What are you doing?” Frank said

“I want to give you your birthday present” Finlay said as she walked towards Frank

“I’ve told you already that this is not a good idea, What if Steve comes in?” Frank said

“I saw him go out” Finlay said as she kissed Franks neck and attempted to pull at the towel wrapped around his waist. Frank pulled back

“Look this is not a good idea.. you better leave” Frank said and Finlay sighed

“I want you so much..and I know you want me” Finlay said as she rubbed her naked body on Frank, and he moved back. Finlay sighed as she looked at Frank then she walked over to the towel on the floor and picked it up and wrapped it around her then she opened the door, made sure no one was around and she walked out and closed the door. She rushed into the spare bedroom and closed the door behind her and smiled to herself. She knew that Frank wanted her, he didn’t deny it. She knew that  it was only a matter of time before they would be together…she knew it, and she couldn’t wait.

Smart Residence- Summer Bay

Colleen took the last roller out of her hair and began to style it. She wasn’t the best at doing her hair and makeup, so it was nice when Nola Dibble did a rinse and put curlers in for her.

“What you all done up for?” Lance said as he walked out of his room

“Am I not allowed to get my hair done?” Colleen said and put on some lipstick

“I dunno, depends why you are doing it. I hope its not for Mr Fisher again” Lance said

“Never you mind, and no, Donald and I are just friends” Colleen said

“Oh..I’m going to work..see you later” Lance said then he walked out of the mobile home and closed the door. Colleen put a little bit more lipstick and smiled at herself in the hand held mirror.

“No, tonight its not Donald..I’ve moved on to someone else” Colleen said and smiled at herself

Caravan Park- Summer Bay

Frank buttoned the cuff of his shirt as he walked down the stairs.  His birthday hadn’t been bad, it was probably one of the best that he had in a long time. He got to spend the entire day with his daughter, and now he was going to go to dinner with Beth.

“You look nice” Pippa said as she looked up from mending Steve’s button

“Thanks” Frank said and Sophie looked round. She was sitting on the couch watching a repeat of Playschool. She like the presenter with the black hair, he looked just like her dad. 

“Sweetheart get you things, I have to take you home” Frank said and Sophie nodded.

“So where are you and Beth going tonight?” Pippa said as Frank sat at the dining table.

“Just to dinner” Frank said

“Why don’t you invite her over for dinner next week or something?” Pippa said

“No..I don’t want to confuse things with Sophie” Frank said

“It can just be us” Pippa said

“She’s going back to the city next week, her contract here is over” Frank said

“Oh that’s a shame, I guess that means we are going to be seeing less of you” Pippa said

“What do you mean?” Frank said

“You will be spending time in the city…with Beth” Pippa said

I don’t know…long distance relationships don’t work” Frank said as Sophie stood next to him. Frank put his arm around her and kissed her forehead

“You ready?” Frank said and Sophie nodded. Pippa smiled. Frank was such a caring father, and he loved Sophie very much. Pippa looked to her left when she heard some footsteps. It was Sally.

Background music- Home and Away kids’ theme

“Sophie I’m sorry for pushing you on the floor, I didn’t mean to make you cry ” Sally said and she handed Sophie a homemade card. Sophie opened it and looked at the card. She liked the card

“I’m sorry Frank” Sally said as a tear ran down her cheek

“I’m sorry for yelling at you” Frank said and he smiled and gave Sally a hug

“We better get going” Frank said and he got up and put Sophie’s rucksack on his back as Sally and Sophie looked at each other

“Can we be friends?” Sally said and Sophie nodded. Pippa and Frank smiled

“Alright we better go…I’ll see you later” Frank said and Sophie held his hand

“Have a nice evening” Pippa said and smiled

“Thanks” Franks said and he and Sophie left the house.

“I’m very proud of you sweetheart” Pippa said to Sally

“How about a little bit of birthday cake before bed?” Pippa said and Sally smiled

“Ok” Sally said and smiled

Background music ends

Stewart Residence- Summer Bay

Duncan laughed as Emma made funny faces. She spent the whole day with him, and she had a really good time. He appeared to like the animals at the shelter, and he definitely liked the ice-cream that he, Emma and Lucinda ate as they sat at the beach

“So what do you think?” Sandra said

“About what?” Emma said as she continued to make faces at Duncan who was laughing

“Me and Maurice” Sandra said

“I dunno, just talk to him about whatever” Emma said

“How can I talk to him when I don’t even see him?” Sandra said and she leaned back on the chair and crossed her arms

“I dunno, call him or something” Emma said

“Maybe he is being distant because we haven’t..you know had sex” Sandra said

“Maybe he just has other things to do, like helping his parents or seeing his mates or something” Emma said

“No, I think he doesn’t think I am mature enough” Sandra said

“Having sex doesn’t make you mature” Emma said

“I know, but that’s what you’re supposed to do with your boyfriend” Sandra said

“Yeah when the time is right” Emma said and silently sighed

“I’ve decided, the time is right for me and Maurice” Sandra said and smiled to herself. She was going to see Maurice at work on Monday and tell him she was ready

“Are you sure this is what you want to do?” Emma said

“1000% sure” Sandra said and smiled

“Well, just be careful ..you know..you don’t want to get pregnant or anything” Emma said

“I am definitely not that stupid” Sandra said and she laughed and got up from the chairas Emma sighed…

Ross Residence- Summer Bay

Celia watched as Haydn stuffed his face with his dinner. This was the first time that he had actually sat at the table and ate

“Thanks for inviting me to dinner Mrs Ross this pie is excellent” Shaunna said

“You are quite welcome. The pie is an old family recipe. My grandmother used to make it for us when we were younger” Celia said and smiled. She really enjoyed Shaunna’s company. It reminded her of having Ruth around.

“Oh I nearly forgot the dessert” Celia said and she got up and opened the fridge and took out the

fruit flan and put it on the counter. I think I would gain so many kilos eating your food if I didn’t work out all day” Shaunna said as she looked at the flan

“Haydn do you want some desert?” Celia said

“Yes please, but I just need to go to the bathroom first” Haydn said then he got up and went to the bathroom

“So did he behave himself today?” Celia said

“Yes, he was great” Celia said

“He has completely changed; I am not sure what got into him” Celia said as she cut the flan while Shaunna smiled to herself…

Simpson Residence- Summer Bay

Background music- Frank and bobby’s theme

Frank kissed Sophies head and tucked her teddy bear next to her and carefully pulled the blanket up to her chest as it was a bit chilly. Frank looked at Sophie and smiled then he slowly walked out of the room and pulled the door to a close. He could hear Greg reading to Sam as he walked down the stairs.

“Happy birthday Frank” Marilyn said as he came down the stairs

“Thanks” Frank said as Bobby walked out of the kitchen

“Sophie went out like a light. I didn’t even get to the end of the book. She didn’t have a nap this afternoon, so she must’ve been really tired..Is it alright if Sophie comes to the caravan park tomorrow? I want to take Sophie and Sally out on their bikes” Frank said

“Ok” Bobby said as she looked at Frank. He looked really good. She could faintly smell his aftershave, and he was wearing a shirt that she didn’t recognize.

“Anyway, I better go” Frank said a

“Alright” Bobby said

“See you later” Frank said

“Yeah, bye” Bobby said and Frank left the house

“Marilyn are you sure you don’t mind babysitting tonight? I mean I can ask Greg” Bobby said

“Oh no, I’m just going to put a face mask on, watch a movie and eat some popcorn” Marilyn said as Greg came down the stairs

“Sam is out for the count, I didn’t even get to the end of the story” Greg said

“Frank said the same about Sophie, I think they are both worn out” Bobby said as she walked into the kitchen

“Shame you have to work tonight..I was hoping we could spend the evening as a family” Greg said as he put his arms around Bobby

“I know” Bobby said

“I had a really good time today..just me you and Sam…hopefully next time we can take Sophie with us” Greg said and Bobby smiled.

“Yeah that will be nice” Bobby said. Even though she would never take Sophie away from Frank, she was happy that Greg loved Sophie too

“I cant wait until we have our own children too” Greg said and he kissed Bobby then she laid her head on his chest. She had Greg and Sam in her life, they were her future, and she was not going to do anything to jeopardize their future together…

Background music ends

Nowra beach resort- Nowra Australia

Background music- Alf and Ailsa’s theme 

Ailsa rested her head on Alf’s chest as they danced to the music being played by the live band.

It was nice being here with Alf and away from Summer Bay. As Ailsa thought about the nice day they were having, guilt kicked in. She remembered how upset she was ,almost on the verge of divorcing Alf when he had the affair with Debra, and here she was doing the exact same thing with Grant..well not really. She didn't love Grant, and she wasn't about to run off with him. What they had was physical. Ailsa thought to herself and sighed

“Whats the matter love?” Alf said

“No, nothing” Ailsa said

“Are you sure?” Alf said

“Everything is fine love” Ailsa said and she gently kissed Alf on the lips and rested her head on his chest. This is where she wanted to be..with Alf, and she promised herself that as far as she was concerned, anything she had with Grant was over…..

Thompson Residence- Brisbane

Sarah watched as the phone rang. She picked a tissue from the box in front of her as her cat curled by her feet. She wiped the tear that ran down her cheek as the answering machine started

“Hi, leave a message…beep”

“Sarah, it’s Martin… I have been racking my brains trying to figure out what I did or said at the diner that upset you…whatever I did.. I’m sorry… you are the last person that I would want to hurt..i really want to see you again..apologize in person...please give me another chance…beep”

Sarah sighed as the answering message ended. What she heard sounded very familiar..maybe they were all like that..they must be if they said the same thing. Sarah sighed and picked up the envelope on the table in front of her and took out the photos as more tears ran down her cheek..

Bayside diner after dark- Summer Bay

Colleen smiled as Grant kept looking in her direction. She couldn’t believe that a man half her age would be interested in her. She tried to ignore the compliments he gave her and the looks and winks, but now she was certain that he really wanted her. She swayed along to the song he was singing and smiled. She had never heard of the song but it must’ve have been popular because everyone at the diner was enjoying it. Colleen pushed a curl behind her ear and clapped as Grant finished playing the guitar then he walked towards the booth. Colleen used her tongue to wipe any lipstick she had on her teeth and sat up straight. Tonight was definitely going to be her lucky night “You were great Grant” Colleen said and smiled seductively at Grant.

“Thanks Mrs S” Grant said and he walked over to the booth behind Colleen and began talking to some tourists from England. Colleen was shocked as she looked behind her. All the time he was looking in her direction, he was looking at the tourists behind her. So getting her hair and make up done was all for nothing. She felt like such a fool. She knew exactly how she must've looked like to Grant.

“What can I get you Mrs Smart? Lucinda said

“Mutton dressed up as lamb” Colleen said

“Excuses me?” Lucinda said confused

“Oh never mind” Colleen said and she turned and looked at Grant talking to the tourists and she sighed and walked out of the diner.

Background music ends

Sands Resort- Summer Bay

Background music- Endless love

My love, There's only you in my life

The only thing that's right

Bobby looked at the clipboard in her hand as she walked out of the banquet room. There was a big event happening tonight which meant the resort was going to be very busy. Bobby rushed in the kitchen and liaised with the chef to make sure that everything was going ok. She remembered that she had to get the menu for tomorrow and walked out of the kitchen. She was just about to walk towards her office when she froze and watched as a waiter led Frank and Beth to a table in the dining room.

My first love
You're every breath that I take

Bobby watched as Frank touched Beth’s lower back as they walked to the table. Beth looked beautiful Bobby though to herself. She was wearing a silver halter slip dress and her loosely curled hair fell on her naked back.

You're every step I make

Beth smiled at the waiter as he gave her then Frank a menu. Bobby didn’t know how long she watched them for then Beth looked up and Bobby moved behind a pillar. She didn’t know if she saw her, but she rushed away from the entrance of the dining room and to her office. She opened the door. The room was dark. She closed the door behind her, leaned on the door, closed her eyes and sighed..

And I
I want to share All my love with you
No one else will do And your eyes
Your eyes, your eyes They tell me how much you care
Ooh yes, you will always be My endless love

Harris Residence- Summer Bay

Knock at the door

Fiona quietly pulled her sons door to a close and looked at her watch as she walked to the front door. She wasn’t expecting any visitors. She got a pleasant surprise when she opened the door

“Hi, I wasn’t expecting to see you tonight” Fiona said as Greg walked into the house

“Yeah, but Bobby had to work tonight, so I thought I would come and say hello” Greg said as he put his arms around Fiona

“Hello” Fiona said and smiled then she leaned forward and they began to kiss.

Two hearts
Two hearts that beat as one
Our lives have just begun

Sands Resort- Summer Bay

“I hope you don’t mind that we came here” Beth said with a smile

“No, not at all” Frank said and smiled as the waiter put their drinks on the table

“I think a toast is in order” Beth said

“Ok, what are we toasting to?” Frank said

“To you…the birthday boy..and to the future” Beth said and Frank silently sighed as he watched Beth raise her glass of wine

“to the future” Frank said reluctantly

“I have a feeling that tonight is going to be a night full of surprises..and here is the first one” Beth said as she gave Frank a gift bag. Frank took out the card from the bag. He opened the envelope. The card had one single heart in the middle with the words happy birthday written on the top. Frank opened the card and read it

Frank

We’ve only just began. I love you

Beth

Frank sighed silently as he read the card then he looked up at Beth who was smiling

“I hope you like it” Beth said and smiled as Frank took the box out of the gift bag

“I’m sure I will” Frank said as he carefully unwrapped the present. His eyes opened wide when he opened the box. It was a very expensive watch. He had seen Brett Macklin wear something similar

“So do you like it?” Beth said excited as Frank looked up at her

“Its lovely, thanks” Frank said and he got up and kissed Beth on her cheek.

Forever
(Ohhhhhh)
I'll hold you close in my arms
I can't resist your charms

“Can you wear it now?” Beth said

“I’m already wearing a watch” Frank said

“You have to wear your birthday presents on your birthday” Beth said as she took the watch out of the box. Frank sighed as he took off his watch. He remembered when Tom and Pippa gave it to him for his 18th birthday. He watched as Beth put the new watch on his wrist. Frank carefully put his old watch in the box and back into the gift bag

“It looks really good on you” Beth said and smiled and winked

And love Oh, love
I'll be a fool For you
I'm sure. You know I don't mind
Oh, you know I don't mind

Bobby tried her hardest not to look into the dining room as she worked, but it was very hard. She could see that Frank and Beth were having a really good time. It was his birthday, he was allowed to have a good time. What he did with his life was none of her business. She had Greg and Sam in her life now, they were her future, and she wasn’t going to do anything to jeopardize their future..

Cause you, you mean the world to me
Oh I know, I know, I've found in you
My endless love

Harris residence- Kiama

Greg thrusted a few times then he collapsed on the bed next to Fiona. She laid on his chest as he put his arm around her. She could hear his heart beating and she smiled as she ran her finger along his chest. She knew this was wrong, being with someone who had a girlfriend, but it didn’t matter…tonight he belonged to her..

And love
Oh, love
I'll be a fool
For you
I'm sure
You know I don't mind
Oh, you know I don't mind

Sands Resort- Summer Bay

“The food here is really really good” Beth said before she put some of the forever dessert into her mouth “I can eat this dessert all day” Beth said as Frank watched her eating the dessert that Bobby made for him

“Yeah, its great to see how far this place has come along” Frank said

“What do you mean?” Beth said

“Oh just that I used to work for the company that helped build this resort” Frank said as he looked around the room remembering when the resort project first started, and getting lost in his thoughts as he reminisced about the past

“Here” Frank looked up to see Beth handing him an envelope

“What is this?” Frank said

“Surprise number two” Beth said as Frank curiously took the envelope

“I was going to wait until later to give it to you, but I cant wait” Beth said. Frank carefully opened the letter and read it. It was a job offer in Melbourne working as an accountant. The pay was fantastic way more than he made at the Macklin corporation, and the position started next week

“So…what do you think?” Beth said excited

“I don’t know what to say” Frank said

“I know I should have told you but, a few weeks ago I got a call from a friend of my dad who told me about an assistant headmistress position in Melbourne. I didn’t even think I would get it, but luckily I did. I just also happen to tell this friend of my dad about the amazing boyfriend I have, and he told me that he had a position for an accountant at his firm, and based on my glowing reference he decided to give you the job. I already have a place lined up for us, and your job comes with a car” Beth said

“This is all really sudden..” Frank said. He was right, it was sudden. He really didn’t expect this job offer. Based on the details he was reading, the job was a dream job. He started feeling some familiar feelings..the feelings he felt when he found out that he got the job at the Macklin corporation in the city. He remembered how that opportunity was a fresh start for him, how he had so many hopes and dreams for the future..

Beth watched as Frank read the letter in his hands

"So what do you say?" Beth said 

"I I don’t know what to say" Frank said 

“Say you will go to Melbourne with me” Beth said and smiled as Frank looked at her…

And, yes, You'll be the only one
Cause no one can deny, This love I have inside
And I'll give it all to you, My love, My love, my love
My endless love

Background music ends

Edited by Summer's Bay

• 2 weeks later...
On 17/10/2021 at 02:45, Sunny Girl said:

Beth hasn't even been with Frank for long at all. 

What the..?? 

I have a feeling that she'll get a bit of a rude awakening from Frank.. 

Cheers as always @ Summer Bay.

Maybe…or maybe not… ?

Thanks for reading all!

Been a bit busy, but I hope to have a chapter up by the end of the week ?

Thanks for reading :)

Chapter 534

Cameron Residence- Summer Bay

Shannon and Adam ate in silence. She looked up from her food and noticed that he was looking out of the window

“Is there something wrong?” Shannon said and Adam looked at her. She had been feeling the distance between them even though Adam said there was nothing wrong

“No” Adam said and he began eating his spaghetti

“I thought maybe the food was bad” Shannon said

“No, its fine” Shannon said

“A friend of mine is having a party tonight, I said we would go by later” Shannon said

‘So you didn’t think to ask me first?” Adam said

“We haven’t been out in ages I thought we could do with a night out” Shannon said. She was right. They didn’t do anything other than eat , sleep and have sex

“Well you can go if you want, I need to do some work at the school in the morning” Adam said and he continued eating his food as Shannon sighed…

Thompson residence- Brisbane

Background music- Sad theme *

Sarah opened her eyes. She looked down she was still hugging the photo album and the room was dark. She rubbed her eye and leaned forward and turned on the lamp next to the couch. She looked over at the phone, the message indicator was still flashing because she hadn’t deleted the message from martin yet. She sighed as she opened the photo album again and looked at the photos. She remembered each one…the day they were taken and how happy she was. She looked in her eyes, she was happy. She remember the day it all started..the day her life changed…

Flashback

Ben- So am I going to live?

Sarah- You are going to be just fine. You need to come and have your dressing changed in a few days

Ben- Only if you promise to do it

Sarah- Ok

Ben- You have such a pretty smile..can I repay you for you rkindness…by taking you out for a coffee

Sarah-I’m not sure

Ben- Why? Do you have a boyfriend?

Sarah- No

Ben- I just want to say thank you…that’s all..I promise

Sarah- Ok

Flashback ends

Sarah couldn’t stop the tears as all the memories came flooding back..the first slap..the first punch..the sorry’s…the blame…the screams of no…it all came flooding back. Sarah’s cat jumped onto the couch and rested on Sarah’s leg. As if the cat knew her owner needed some comfort. Sarah gently stroked her cat with one hand then she closed the photo album and put it on the table next to the lamp. She thought the nightmares where all over…but now they were back again because of Martin. Sarah vowed never to speak to him again and hoped that all this would go away…

Army Barracks- Brisbane

Martin lay on his bed staring at the ceiling when the door knocked and Jesse his flatmate poked his head around the corner

“Hey we’re headed down to the pub…you coming?” Jesse said

“Nah mate..not tonight” Martin said and sighed. He was still bothered by what happened with Sarah. He called her a couple of times and left a message apologizing even though he didn’t know what he did. He was also remembering what the porter at the hospital said about Sarah and Lt Lucini.

“You sure?” Jesse said

“Yeah, I’m a bit tired, will have an early night” Martin said

“Righto, see you later” Jesse said and he closed the door. Martin sighed as he heard Jesse and a few others leave the flat and close the door. Martin sighed trying to make sense of everything. He knew that Sarah and Lt Lucini were together, but he couldn’t understand why Sarah got angry with him. Martin sighed and turned himself onto his side and closed his eyes. Maybe things would be clearer in the morning…

Yabbie Creek RSL- Yabbie Creek

The man sitting opposite Ben sighed as he put his cards on the table

“Looks like I win again” Ben said and smiled as the man took the money from his pocket and put it on the table. Ben smiled as he picked up the money and counted $40. He looked over at the bar and saw an attractive blond in a leather skirt looking at him. She smiled at him and he smiled back. The night was getting better he thought to himself as he walked towards her…

Bayside diner after dark-Summer Bay

Carly stood behind the toilet door and drank the last of the vodka in the small bottle.

“Carly we need some change” Lucinda said as she knocked on the door

“Ok, Ill be out in a minute” Carly said and sighed. She wished she didn’t have to go out there..she wished that she didn’t have to live this life….

Background music ends

Stewart residence- Summer Bay

Emma looked at Duncan who was fast asleep in his cot. She gently stroked his cheeks and smiled. She had a really good day looking after him. He was such a happy child. He looked like both his parents

*knock on the window*

Emma looked up to see Shane waving at her. She walked over to the window and opened it

“What are you doing? How did you know I live here?” Emma said in a whisper

“I was driving past with my brother and he told me” Shane said. He was lying and hoped Emma believed him

“What are you doing around here?” Emma said

“I was just going for a walk” Shane said. Again he was lying. He was hungry and needed money and was trying to find an empty house to break into

“I would let you in, but it’s a bit late” Emma said

“No worried…I better go anyway” Shane said

“When are you going back home?” Emma said

“That’s none of your business” Shane said

“Fine” Emma said and went to close the window

“Listen…I’m sorry” Shane said as he looked at Emma. When the moonlight hit her face, he noticed how beautiful she was

“Have you eaten?” Emma said

“No, I’m starving” Shane said

“Ok, just go around the back, Ill bring you out some food” Emma said as Shane looked at her

“Thanks” Shane said and smiled as Emma closed the window. As he walked to the back of the house he thought about what Emma said..about him going home. As far as he was concerned, he was going to stay here, he didn’t know how long he could go on for, but he was going to make it work because he wasn’t going back home again…

Barnett residence- Summer Bay

Shauna parked her bike and put the chain on. She opened the front door and closed it behind behind her. She turned on the light and walked towards the kitchen. She opened the fridge and put in the left over pie that Mrs Ross gave her. She really enjoyed spending time with her. She also got to hear lots of stories about the Fletchers as well. Shauna smiled to herself and picked up the phone and dialed

“Hi…its me… I know I was supposed to phone earlier but I had things to do…yeah she’s back..this is a small town..everyone knows everyone’s moves…no I haven’t seen her yet..I think its too soon to say anything yet.. What do you expect me to say?..I cant just come out with it..alright..ill let you know when there is an update..ok…bye” Shaunna said then she put the phone down and walked into her room. She turned the light on and put her rucksack on the bed. It had been a long day, but she was glad the junior lifeguard programme was a success. She was also glad to see that Haydn was behaving himself. Shaunna sat on the bed and took out her scrap book from the table next to the bed. She opened it and lread on her notes. She smiled when she looked at the newspaper clipping of Pippa Fletcher. She turned over the page and looked at the newspaper clipping of Bobby and her smile disappeared. As far as she was concerned it was Bobby’s fault…and she was going to pay…

Sands Resort- Summer Bay

Bobby put her apron on the back of her office door. She picked up her keys from the desk then she opened the door, walked out and locked the door behind her. As she walked towards the exit of the resort, she felt emotionally drained. She tried to push it out of her mind that Frank and Beth were having a romantic dinner to celebrate his birthday. Bobby sighed. It didn’t matter anyway because she had Greg and Sam in her life…they were her future

“Oh you have got to be joking” Bobby said as she got to her mini van. She had a flat tire…again for the fourth time. She bent down and looked at the tire and she looked around to see if she had driven over any glass or anything, but the road was clear. Bobby stood up and sighed then she walked back to the resort to call the AAA…

Harris Residence- Kiama

Fiona poured hot water into two cups and smiled when she felt Greg put his arms around her and kiss her neck. I had to come and find you when I opened my eyes and realized you were not there” Greg said as he kissed Fiona’s ear. Fiona turned around and put her arms around Greg then she leaned forward and kissed him.

“I thought you would like some coffee before you go” Fiona said

“Go…I didn’t say I was going anywhere tonight  Greg said and Fiona smiled and leaned forward and they kissed passionately. Greg unwrapped Fiona’s dressing gown and she let it fall to the floor leaving her standing naked in the kitchen. They continued to kiss passionately as Greg led Fiona to the dining table, laid her on the top and entered a place he knew very well…

Nowra beach resort- Nowra Australia

Alf collapsed on the bed next to Ailsa as they both panted out of breath. Alf smiled to himself. This was the first time in weeks that little Alf was back in good working order. Ailsa rested her head on Alfs chest and he put his arm round her. It had been a while since they made love, but tonight felt like old times. She felt so connected to Alf in a way she hadn’t felt for a long time.

“Where are you going?” Ailsa said as Alf got out of bed

“My bladder needs emptying” Alf said and Ailsa smiled as she watched him put on his dressing gown and walk away. Alf turned on the bathroom light and used the toilet. He flushed the toilet and washed his hands and smiled to himself. He dried his hands on a towel and began to flex and pose in the mirror. He honestly felt like a new man who could go on for ten more rounds. Alf smiled then he turned around and walked out of the bathroom and took his dressing gown off

“I hope you are ready for round two” Alf said and got into bed

“At this rate I don’t know if I can keep up” Ailsa said

“Well we have a lot of making up to do” Alf said and he began to tickle Ailsa pulled the covers over them…

Stewart residence- Summer Bay

Sandra lay on her bed and read a magazine. She then got up from the bed and opened the wardrobe. She took out several different clothes that were on hangers and held them up to her. She shook her head no at each on the she closed her wardrobe and went over to Emma’s. Emma had some really cool clothes Sandra thought to herself, and she pulled out a really nice top. She looked in the mirror and smiled. This was going to be the top she was going to wear for her and Maurices special nice…and she couldn’t wait…

Ulladulla- Australia

Revhead and Brax ran as fast as they could while holding the safe. They both jumped into a waiting van“Go go go” Brax said and the car tires screeched as they sped away. After a few minutes Brax and Maurice took off their ski masks

“See I told you it would go smoothly” Brax said as he looked at the safe next to him and Maurice sighed.

“The next one will be a piece of cake” Brax said

“The next one? I told you I would only do one” Revhead said

“You do as many as I tell you to” Brax said

“Hey that wasn’t the deal” Revhead said

“And me sitting in a prison cell wasn’t part of the deal either” Brax said and Revhead sighed

“Look I’m trying to go straight” Revhead said

“Aren’t we all?” Brax said and laughed

“It’s not a joke” Revhead said annoyed as Brax laughed…

Simpson Residence- Summer Bay

Background music – Have you ever been alone **

Frank sighed as he sat in the car outside of Bobby’s house. He looked at the clock on the dashboard, he had to have been sitting there for at least an hour. He looked at the letter in his hand. He didn’t know how many times he had read the letter in the past hour. It said the same thing over and over again. It was a job offer as an accountant for a firm in Melbourne. The job came with a car, an amazing salary and some wonderful perks. Frank sighed. If someone had given him this job offer a few weeks ago he would’ve taken it, no questions asked, but now things were different…

Flashback

Beth - Is something wrong? You have been really quiet since we left the restaurant

Frank- I guess I’m still in shock about the job offer…It wasn’t something I was expecting

Beth- Frank its going to be so good. The flat I got has two rooms, so we can both have family and friends to come and visit. The beach is not too far

Flashback ends

Frank sighed. He didn’t stay at Beths place long. He knew that she wanted him to stay, she told him she had another surprise for him, and she got dressed in sexy lingerie. However all through that and Beth talking about how good it was going to be, all Frank could think about was the most important person in his life right now and the guilt of possibly leaving her.

Flashback

Beth- Say you will go with me Frank..I promise you, This is just the beginning frank, you and I are going to have a great life in Melbourne…I love you

Flashback ends

Frank sighed. Beths words brought back a lot of memories for him

Roo- Hello Macklin corporation

Frank- Roo its me, can you talk?

Roo- Yeah, Tom has just gone out to get some lunch

Frank- Are you alright?
Roo- As well as can be expected

Frank- Is Bobby still giving you a hard time? I told her none of this is your fault

Roo- No, not Bobby, but everyone else..the looks…the stares…the whispers

Frank- Why don’t you come to the city..there is nothing stopping us from being together and making a life

Roo- Frank, I don’t know

Frank- What is there not to know? You’re not happy there. I got a flat, a car..it will be so good. We love each other, we can make things work here

Roo- Are you sure you love me?

Frank- I wouldn’t be asking you to come and be with me if I didn’t

Roo- Ok..I’ll think about it

Frank- Do you love me?

Roo- You know I do

Frank- So there is no need to think about it..just say you will come and be with me…

Flashback ends

Frank sighed as he rested his head on the headrest. He remembered how excited he was when he was leaving Summer Bay. He remembered packing his things away in the Macklin office in Summer Bay, and the day he got his new car at the Macklin office in the city. He remembered getting the keys to his own flat in the city and phoning Tom and Pippa to tell them about it. He remembered when Roo arrived in the city..he remembered how in love they were…he remembered getting the promotion to New York, and asking Roo to marry him. Frank sighed. All of that felt like another lifetime.

Flashback-

Beth- Do you have to go?

Frank- Yeah, I have a lot to think about

Beth- I understand, it’s a big move for you

Frank- Yeah it is

Beth- Ill save some space in the car for your suitcases

Frank- I better go..Thanks for dinner..and everything

Beth- You’re welcome…I hope you don’t think your birthday is over

Frank- What do you mean?

Beth- You didn’t get to open all your presents tonight..Ill save them for when we get to Melbourne…I love you…

Flashback ends

Frank sighed. Anytime Beth told him that she loved him, he felt guilty because he didn’t feel the same way. He felt guilty for letting things go further than they should have, but he was lonely. If only Bobby admitted that she loved him, this never would’ve gone anywhere with Beth…and most importantly he wouldn’t be facing the dilemma he was right now about the job.

Frank sighed and put the job offer letter in the envelope. As he put the letter in the envelope, he looked at his wrist..at the new watch that Beth gave him. He had to admit , it was a nice watch, and probably cost her a lot of money. Frank sighed then he looked straight ahead and noticed that the light in Bobbys room turned on. He looked around then he got out of the car. His heart beat as he walked towards the door. Frank inhaled then exhaled and lightly knocked on the door. He heard footsteps coming down the steps

“Who is it?” Bobby said

“Its me” Frank said and he waited for Bobby to open the door

“Frank…is something wrong?" Bobby said as she tied her dressing gown. She just came out of the bath when she heard the knock on the door

“No…is Greg around?” Frank said

“No, he’s at his place” Bobby said

“I know its late, and I’m sorry for coming over, but is it alright if I see Sophie?” Frank said

“She’s asleep” Bobby said

“I know, but is it alright if I still see her?” Frank said

“Yeah, come in” Bobby said

“Thanks” Frank said and he walked up the stairs. Just like Frank knew Bobby better than anyone else, she knew him better than anyone else. There was something troubling him…she could feel it. She walked up the stairs behind Frank and went into her room to put her night clothes on.

Frank gently opened Sophies door. She was fast asleep holding on to her teddy bear. Frank sat gently on the edge of the bed. He gently caressed her cheek and smiled. He couldn’t believe how much he loved her only after knowing her for a few weeks. When she looked at him, it made his heart melt. He would do absolutely anything for her…protect her from anyone…give her the world…and now he was faced with a dilemma of possibly leaving her when she needed him the most. The room was a bit chilly so Frank got up and closed the window and the curtains then he went back over to Sophie and pulled the covers up a little. Seeing his daughter laying so innocently made him feel so guilty about even having to make a decision to leave.

“I love you so much sweetheart” Frank said and gently kissed Sophies forehead. Just as he was about to get up Sophie opened her eyes

“I love you daddy” Sophie said in a soft and sleepy voice and closed her eyes again. Frank exhaled as a tear formed in his eye. He wiped his eye and rested his head on Sophies head and smiled then he kissed her forehead again and quietly walked out of the room.

Frank closed the bedroom door, leaned against it and sighed as Bobby came out of her room dressed in her pyjamas. Frank smiled at her

‘whats wrong?” Bobby said confused

“We made a breakthrough” Frank said as Bobby looked at him

“Sophie?” Bobby said exited and Frank nodded

“She spoke to me” Frank said

“Oh Frank” Bobby said and before she knew it she grabbed onto him and exhaled. Frank sighed. Feeling Bobby next to him felt amazing. He didn’t want her to let him go. Bobby hugged Frank tight…tight and longer than she should have..but holding onto him felt so good..especially after hearing that their daughter spoke.

“Our daughter is going to be ok” Frank said and kissed the top of Bobby’s head. It brought her back to reality and she let go of Frank and moved back. She looked at Frank and she could see some disappointment in his eyes. 

“I better go” Frank said and began to walk down the stairs. Bobby walked behind him

“So what did she say?” Bobby said when they got to the bottom of the stairs

“I told her that I loved her, and she said I love you daddy” Frank said as Bobby exhaled and put her hand on her heart.

“Thank you” Bobby said and Frank looked at her

“For what?” Bobby said

“For being a patient and caring father. I know we have had our ups and downs, but thank you for being here for Sophie. I think it would break Sophies heart if you ever decided to not be her dad…or not see her” Bobby said as Frank stared at her.

“Night” Frank said and he opened the front door

“Frank” Bobby said and Frank looked at her

“Is everything alright?” Bobby said

“Yeah….fine..night” Frank said and he walked out of the house and closed the door. Bobby looked the door and opened the curtain. She watched as Frank got into the car and drive away. She could tell that something was wrong with him, but that part of her life was over…she had Greg and Sam in her life and that was her future….

As Frank drove to the caravan park, he thought about what life would be like in Melbourne, how he would be back in the grind of things. He thought about how much money he would make, and how he would be able to send some back to help Pippa, and also send some to Sophie. He thought about Sophie coming to stay with him when she was on school holidays…then his mind went back to Beth, and the fact that she never once mentioned Sophie.

Frank sighed as he thought about Greg being around Sophie…and her eventually calling him dad. Maybe she would forget him altogether. Frank sighed as he parked the car outside the house. He walked the short distance to the front door and let himself in. The house was quiet which meant that everyone was asleep. Frank walked into the kitchen and opened the fridge. He took out some juice and began to drink it when he heard a noise. He closed the fridge and quietly walked towards the backdoor. He could see a shadow and someone trying to open the backdoor. Frank looked around and remembered that Pippa kept a cricket bat in the pantry. Frank tiptoed into the pantry but he didn’t want to turn the light on. He heard a creaking of the door opening and he tiptoed out of the pantry and waiting in the corner. He heard the burglar walk into the kitchen. He saw them put on a torch light and walk over to the desk. Frank tiptoed behind the burglar and grabbed him from behind then they began to fight. Frank punch the burglar and he fell onto the couch but managed to slip out of franks grasp. He tripped on the dining table and a glass on the table fell to the floor. Frank grabbed his leg and they began to struggle on the floor. Frank overpowered the burglar when the light came on

“What is going on?” Pippa said shocked

“This dropkick was trying to burgle the house…phone the police” Frank said and Pippa rushed over to the phone

“Please don’t phone the police..I didn’t take anything…honest”  The burglar said through his balaclava as Frank sat on him

“Well  you should’ve thought about that before you broke in here..I bet you’re the same one who broke into the caravans” Frank said and the burglar was quiet

“The police are on their way” Pippa said

“Whats going on?” Sally said as she came downstairs

“Go back to bed sweetheart” Pippa said

“Is that a burglar?” Sally said excited

“I’ll explain later, got back up to bed, and ill be up to tuck you in” Pippa said as there was a knock on the front door

Pippa rushed to the front door as Sally hid around the corner

“That’s was quick” Pippa said after she opened the door

“I was in the area already” Nick said as he saw Frank kneeling on someone on the floor

“What happened? Nick said

“I just got home, and found this block breaking in” Frank said

“Alright lets get you up” Nick said and he sat the burglar on the dining chair

“First we better find out who you are” Nick said and he took off the burglars balaclava and got the shock of his life

“I don’t believe it” Nick said as Frank looked at him

“Do you know him?” Frank said

“Yeah..he’s my brother” Nick said and Shane sighed

Background music ends

*I’ll be using this as the sad theme

**Using this version of have you ever been alone for this chapter