Homecoming Part 6

Summer's Bay

Thank you for reading :)

26th December was my 4 year anniversary of starting this fan fiction. Thank you to everyone who reads and comments, and to those who read and do not comment. I never expected to still be excited about writing this fan fiction 4 years later. I still have so much in store..hopefully some twists and turns that you don't see coming :)

Happy New year!

Chapter 537

Barnett Residence- Summer Bay

Nick folded his arms as he watched Shane sigh and look at the floor with a disappointed and upset look on his face then he looked up at Nick

“Dad wants to talk to you” Shane said and handed Nick the phone then he went into nicks room and flopped back on the bed and stared at the ceiling.  He only caught bits and pieces of the conversation from what Nick was saying, but he could imagine what his dad was saying. Probably telling Nick how disappointed he was in him and that he would be grounded for ever when he got back home.

“I’m sure it wont be that bad” Shane opened his eyes to see Shaunna standing by the door

“You don’t know my dad” Shane said and he closed his eyes again. “When your brother gets off the phone, tell him I’m off to see Mrs Ross” Shaunna said

“OK” Shane said without opening his eyes and sighed.

“Alright..I’ll call you later…love to mum” Nick said and he put the phone down and sighed then he walked into his bedroom

“Shane” Shane opened his eyes to see Nick standing by the door

“Don’t worry, I’m going to pack my stuff” Shane said and got up from the bed

“Wait” Nick said and Shane looked at him and sat on the bed

“What you did was very stupid” Nick said

“I had no other choice” Shane said

“There is always a choice” Nick said

“Look, I don’t want a lecture, you don’t want me here, I’ve embarrassed you in front of all your copper mates. don’t worry, I’ll go back home and face all the consequences” Shane said and he got up again

“Just sit down and shut up” Nick said and he pushed Shane on the bed. You think you’re such a grown up don’t you? Think you know all the answers to everything don’t you?” Nick said and Shane looked at him

“Dad was angry, but I got him to agree to you staying here for the school holidays” Nick said and Shanes face lit up

“You did that? You really did that?” Shane said with a huge grin on his face then his smile disappeared

“Whats the point, I have to go back after the holidays so what is the point, I might as well go back now” Shane said disappointed and laid back on the bed and sighed…

Beach- Summer Bay

Background music- Emma’s theme

“This is us when we went on our dads boat” Lucinda said as she pointed at a photo in the scrap book. Emma listened attentively as Lucinda told the story about each of the photos in the scrap book as they sat on the beach. Duncan was now taking a nap on the blanket that covered the sand.

“This is us when we used to come and spend the summers in Summer Bay” Lucinda said

“who is that?” Emma said pointing to a girl standing next to David

“Oh, that’s Allison, I don’t remember her last name, but she used to live around here and had the biggest crush on David. He parents owned a dairy farm so sometimes we would go there and milk the cows” Lucinda said and smiled as her mind filled with so many wonderful memories growing up with her brother. Emma studied every detail in the photos trying to remember each one, so that she can tell a story in the future.

“I remember this one” Lucinda said after she turned the page of the scrapbook and began to giggle. “We were in a play and performed at the church hall” Lucinda said then as she turned the pages there were more photos of David doing different activities. The more Emma saw of David, the more she became overwhelmed. She knew that any minute she would burst into tears, because the photos reminded her of how much she missed him

“If you don’t mind, do you mind taking us back home” Emma said and turned away to wipe a tear that ran down her cheek

“Is there something wrong?” Lucinda said as Emma racked her brains trying to come up with an excuses

“I left Duncans cup at home” Emma said

“We can use a plastic cup, I can go one from the diner” Lucinda was interrupted

“No..he cries if he doesn’t have that cup to drink from” Emma said knowing she sounded stupid, but she culdnt think of anything else to say

“Oh, ok then..no problem” Lucinda said as she gathered the scrapbook, and sandwiches they ate and put them into her bag. Without noticing a photo fell out and Emma pushed it into her pocket as she got up then picked up Duncan

“I had a good time, thanks” Emma said as she put Duncan on her shoulder

“Thanks for coming with me” Lucinda said

“You’re welcome” Emma said and she followed behind Lucinda and wiped anpther tear from her eye…

Background music ends

Simpson Residence- Summer Bay

Background music- Have you ever been alone instrumental

“Don’t go too far” Frank said as he watched Sophie and Sally ride their bikes. He smiled as he watched Sophie and remembered how nervous she was when he said he was going to take the training wheels off. Frank turned and looked inside the engine of Marilyn’s car and began testing different things to see if he could figure out the problem with her car.

“Any luck” Frank looked up to see Marilyn walking towards him holding a tray

“I think it’s the carburetor, it might need a clean. If so, then I need to go down the shop to get some cleaner” Frank said

“Oh, how much will that cost, Ill give you the money” Marilyn said as she put the tray down on the table in the front garden.

“Don’t worry about it, its only a couple of dollars” Frank said

“Well, to repay you for your kindness, I made some lunch for you and the girls” Marilyn said

“Thanks” Frank said and smiled

“Do you mind if I go inside and wash my hands?” Frank said

“No, not at all” Marilyn said as she smiled at Frank

“Sophie, Sally” Marilyn said after she got up and waved. A few seconds later, Sophie and Sally rode up on their bikes

“I made some lunch for us” Marilyn said as Sophie and Sally parked their bikes as Frank came out of the house

“Now you both know you have to wash your hands” Frank said pretending to be upset and Sally laughed and her and Sophie went inside.

“I hope you don’t mind a leftover ham and cheese quiche” Marilyn said

“No, that’s great” Frank said as he sat down.

“Frank are you sure I cant pay you for working on my car?” Marilyn said

“I haven’t done anything to it yet” Frank said and smiled

Adam sighed as he got nearer to Marilyn’s house. He didn’t know why he was going there, he had meant to go to the diner to see Shannon, so he didn’t know how he ended up here. He didn’t know what he was going to say to Marilyn... he just wanted to see her. As he got closer, he noticed that she was sitting outside with somebody. They looked like they were laughing and joking..maybe on a date. Adam hid behind a tree and poked his head around the corner. He didn’t know why he was feeling jealous. He was with Shannon, he moved on, it was his choice to move on. As he took a closer look he noticed that she was with Frank, the bloke who beat Ben at cards and he sighed then he turned around and walked away..

“All clean” Sally said as she showed her hands to Frank then went and sat down at the table

“Good girl, Sophie?” Frank said and Sophie opened her hands and showed Frank

“Good girl” Frank said and Sophie motioned that she wanted him to pick her up and she hugged him. Sometimes she did that. She just wanted to be hugged by her mum or her dad. Marilyn smiled as she watched Frank kiss Sophies head and whisper that he loved her. She nodded and closed her eyes and hugged her dad and remembered when she never had anyone to give her a hug and tell her they loved her, and now she had a new mummy and daddy who loved her and she loved them so much.

Grant yawned as he walked out of his room. When he got back from the diner he watched a movie and slept late. He woke up and went to have a surf then fell asleep again. As he walked to the kitchen, he noticed that the front door was open. He walked towards the door and was just about to shut it when he noticed Frank sitting down hugging Sophie then he moved the curtain and he noticed Marilyn smiling and talking to Frank and Sally eating her lunch. He stood for a few seconds and watched them. He watched how Marilyns face lit up..he watched as she in a way that he had not seen for a long time. If he didn’t know better, he would assume they were a couple having lunch…

Background music end

Routledge Residence- Summer Bay

Pippa parked the car and looked at the house. It had a lot of memories, some very unpleasant as she thought about how Morag treated Bobby. Pippa sighed then she got out of the car and walked towards the front door. She rang the doorbell and waited. A few seconds letter the door opened. A teenage girl opened the door. Pippa remembered that Dr Routledge had a daughter, this was probably her. She did look like him

“Hi, my name is Pippa Fletcher, I am looking for Dr Routledge” Pippa said

‘Ok, hold on” The girl said and she walked over to the bottom of the steps

“DAD THERE IS SOMEONE AT THE DOOR FOR YOU” The teenage girl said and she walked away. A few moments later Dr Routledge came down the stairs

“Hello Pippa, come in” Dr Routledge said with a smile. This was an unexpected visit, but it was one which pleased him anyway

“Pippa stepped into the entryway as Dr Routledge closed the door and she followed him into the living room

“Can I offer you a drink?” Dr Routledge said

“Oh no thank you, I can’t stay long” Pippa said and smiled

“How is your father?” Dr Routledge said

“Doing much better, thank you. I hope you don’t mind me coming over” Pippa said

“Not at all…by the way, congratulations” Dr Routledge said and smiled at Pippa

“Thank you” Pippa said and smiled back

“Dad where are my headphones?” The teenage girl said as she came into the living room

“Probably in the same place you left it, in the garden” Dr Routledge said as the teenage girl rolled her eyes

“Pippa, this is my daughter, Angel” Dr Routledge said

“Hello” Angel said and smiled

“Nice to meet you” Pippa said and smiled and Angel walked out of the living room

“Is Angel visiting you school holidays?” Pippa said

“Yes, but we are not staying, we are leaving soon, going to the gold coast to visit some family” Dr Routledge said as he stared at Pippa

“Sounds wonderful. I wont keep you, I just wanted to let you know that I am back and ready to get to work” Pippa said

“Great, well as I said I will be gone for the week, but if I give you the details of the contractor, would you mind finding out the progress of the office, and when we can move in?” Dr Routledge as he walked over to his desk and began looking for the contractors details

“Yes, I can do that” Pippa said

“What should I do if he says the office is ready to move in?” Pippa said and Dr Routledge looked at her

“ No rush, take the week off, you deserve it for coming top of the class” Dr Routledge said and Pippa looked at him shocked

“Top of the class?” Pippa said and Dr Routledge nodded

“I’m surprised” Pippa said

“Well you shouldn’t be, you worked really hard and deserve it” Dr Routledge said

“Thank you..for your support as well” Pippa said as she noticed Dr Routledge staring at her

“Don’t mention it” Dr Routledge said as he handed Pippa the paper, still staring at her.

“Thank you..I will call first thing..I better get going” Pippa said and she began to walk to the front door

“When are you starting your course?” Dr Routledge said as Pippa opened the front door

“I need to check tomorrow, but I believe it starts next month” Pippa said as she stepped out of the house

“I know you will be top of that class too” Dr Routledge said

“Thanks…have a nice holiday” Pippa said as she turned around

“Thank you, see you when I get back?” Dr Routledge said

“Yes of course..bye” Pippa said and she smiled and she walked towards her car and got in. She started the engine and turned to look at Dr Routledge who smiled and waved. She waved then drove away as he watched her car disappear into the distance…

Beach- Summer Bay

Bobby was brought back to reality when the football touched her feet. She looked at the ball then to her left to Sam asking her to throw the ball back. Bobby smiled then she picked up the ball and threw it back to Sam who was playing football in the near distance with his dad. Bobby turned her attention to ocean and pulled her knees up and rested her elbows on her knees.

Background music – Frank and Bobby’s theme

Flashback

Bobby- Hello Sweetheart did you sleep ok

Sophie- Nodding

Bobby- Lets find you something to wear because daddy is taking you and Sally out on your bikes ok?

Sophie- Nodding

Bobby- Do you like your jeans and this yellow t-shirt with your yellow runners?

Sophie -Nodding

Bobby – Alright then, go and have a shower and I’ll make you some breakfast ok?”

Sophie- Nodding…Mummy I love you

Bobby- Oh Sophie I love you so much..me and your daddy love you so much

Flashback ends

Bobby sighed and wiped the tear that ran down her cheek. She was so happy that her daughter trusted her enough to start talking. If someone told her this time last year that she would be raising a daughter with Frank she never would’ve believe it, but here they were

“I’m worn out” Greg said as he sat next to Bobby on the sand. Bobby smiled as he reached for some water. “Its really nice when we spend time as a family” Greg said after he wiped his mouth

“Yeah, its nice” Bobby said

“Next time we should have the whole family here, bring Sophie as well” Greg said

“Yeah” Bobby said

“I have to get used to the idea that I have a little girl as well. I really want her to know that I am her dad” Greg said as Bobby looked at him

“Greg” Bobby was interrupted

“I know that she knows Frank is her dad, but we are going to have a future together, and I want her to know I am also her dad as well…maybe I can take Sophie and Sam out sometime” Greg said as Bobby looked at him. He was right, even though Frank is her dad, she had to know that Greg will also be her dad one day as well because Greg and Sam were her future and she was not going to do anything to jeopodize their future

“Yeah, that will be nice” Bobby said and smiled as Greg leaned forward and kissed her on the lips. Their kiss was broken when they felt a ball hit both of their faces

“You little scoundrel..I’m going to get you” Greg said

“Me too” Bobby said and they both got up from the sand and ran after Sam..

Frank started the engine and it began to turn over.

Oh Frank” Marilyn said excitedly and began to clap her hands then Frank turned the engine off and got out of the car

“Thank you so much” Marilyn said and jumped into Franks arms which surprised him

“Sorry…I didn’t mean to do that” Marilyn said embarrassed as Frank smiled

“Its alright..anyway,  I better get the girls back to the caravan park. They must be worn out from all the bike riding” Frank said

“Are you sure you don’t want another drink or something else to eat?” Marilyn said

“No thanks…the car should be running great now, but if you have any other problems, just let me know, or bring it over to the boat yard” Frank said

“Thank you so much” Marilyn said and smiled

“See you later” Frank said and he smiled then he walked over to where Sophie and Sally were and Marilyn watched as they disappeared into the distance. Marilyn closed the car door, and locked it then she went into the house and closed the door

Grant was sitting on the couch playing a melody on his guitar

“Frank gone?” Grant said

“Yes he fixed the car…I didn’t know he was such a great mechanic” Marilyn said with a big smile on her face as Grant looked at her

“He’s also an excellent father..the way he is with Sophie, she just loves him to bits” Marilyn said as Grant looked at her as Marilyn spoke more about how Frank fixed her car. As he played the melody on his guitar he sighed. He knew where this could potentially head, because he knew that Bobby was still in love with Frank

“Frank didn’t want to take payment for fixing my car, but I think I will take him lunch tomorrow to say thank you” Marilyn said

“I thought giving him lunch today was to say thank you” Grant said

“I know, but a left over quiche is not a real way to say thank you ” Marilyn said and smiled and she walked up the stairs leaving Grant wondering if Marilyn was making a mistake…

Background music ends

Great chapter

Sophie starting to talk to Bobby and Frank

Nick convinced his father to let Shane stay

Angel being Ian's daughter

Marilyn reading to much in to Frank helping her fix her car.

Happy New Year :)

Update again soon :)

Thanks for reading :)

Chapter 538

“Alright, I’ll see you Wednesday Tammy..alright sweetheart see you then..bye” Grant said and he put the phone down and smiled. Since it was school holidays, Tammy and Viv’s dad said they can come down for the day, so he was going to pick them up from the station

Knock on the door

“Hello Mr Fisher…Bobby isn’t here” Grant said

“Hello Grant, I was hoping to have a word with you…can I come in?” Donald said

“Yes, sure” Grant said and he moved out of the way for Donald to entered the house

“Do you want a drink or anything?” Grant said

“No, thank you..I wont be staying long. I wanted to find out if you wanted your old job back at the school?” Donald said and Grant looked at him in shock

“But I thought I couldn’t?” Grant said

“Well, as I’m sure you know, Megan Woods has decided at last minute to not return for the next term” Donald said as Grant looked at him. The last time he saw Megan, she didn’t say anything about leaving

“I know you are a good teacher and all the students like you” Donald said

“Thank you for the compliment, but I don’t want to get into any more trouble with the department of education” Grant said

“I spoke to the head of the department on Thursday and they reviewed your case. I was out of town that and just got the message upon my return. Since all the allegations were proven to be unfounded and you had a clean record here, they are willing to allow you back on a probationary period” Donald said as Grant looked at him. He was both shocked and happy. As long as he could remember he always wanted to be a teacher and it broke his heart that things changed when his past was discovered.

“Why don’t you think about it over the holidays, I’m sure you have to discuss it with your new employer” Donald said

“Ok, I will” Grant said

“Good, I need an answer at least by Thursday” Donald said as he walked towards the door and he was interrupted by Marilyn who walked by in a short dress.

“Hello Mr Fisher” Marilyn said with a wide smiled

“Hello Marilyn” Donald said wondering why she would walk around the house with such a short dress on

“Thanks again Mr. Fisher” Grant said and Donald nodded and walked out of the house. Grant shut the door and leaned on the back

“Yes” Grant said to himself and smiled

“Whats the matter?” Marilyn said as she walked out of the bathroom

“Mr Fisher offered me my old job back” Grant said and smiled

“Oh Grant that is wonderful” Marilyn said and she hugged Grant. Looks like today has been lucky for both of us” Marilyn said and smiled. Grant smiled then his smile disappeared as he watched Marilyn walk away..

Ross Residence- Summer Bay

“This is really good” Shaunna said as she ate the shepherds pie on her fork. Lately she found any excuse to go over to Mrs Ross’ place and eat dinner. Not only did it save her money, but she got to ask lots of indirect questions about the Fletchers.

“You mentioned that your brother and Tom Fletcher were good friends” Shaunna said as she looked at Celia

“Yes, they were. I know that Alfred was devastated when Tom passed away…we all were. He was such a great man…” Celia said

“Really how so?” Shaunna said

“Well, they fostered Bobby that was a grand job if there ever was one.…funny really, The Fletchers fostering Bobby who just so happened to be in the car when Tom died” Celia said as Shaun looked at her wondering why that name always came up...

Background music Frank and Bobby’s theme

Greg, Sam, Marilyn and Grant tucked into the chicken pie, mash potatoes and vegatables. One of the perks of working for the resort is that she was always able to get dinner for free.

Greg looked up from his plate to see Bobby playing with the food on her plate

“This pie is great Bobby” Greg said and Bobby didn’t respond

“Bobby” Greg said and gently nudged Bobby

“Sorry did you say something?” Bobby said

“I was just saying the pie is good..you would know if you ate yours” Greg said pointing at Bobbys untouched food

“Sorry, just miles away” Bobby said and smiled

“Something wrong?” Grant said

“No, Sophie called me mummy this morning and it brought back a lot of memories” Bobby said without realizing what she said

“Memories about what?” Greg said as Bobby racked her brains trying to come up with an excuse as Grant looked at her

“Oh just when Frank and I would wonder when she would start talking that’s all” Bobby said to Greg and smiled

“You and Frank have done an excellent job with Sophie” Grant said

“I agree, you are both great parents, I said the same to Frank when he came here this afternoon” Marilyn said

“Frank was here?” Bobby said immediately as Grant looked at her

“Yes, I saw him with the girls and he offered to come over and fix my car” Marilyn said and smiled as Bobby looked at her..

“A great father, a great mechanic, a great card player, a great accountant…is there anything that Frank isn’t good at?” Greg said and laughed

“I guess not” Marilyn said and smiled as Grant looked at her

“Well I’m not good at most things, but I do know something that I am better than Frank at doing, and that is making Bobby happy ..isnt that right?” Greg said and he kissed Bobby as she smiled awkwardly and looked at Grant..

Background music ends

Caravan Park- Summer Bay

Nick parked the car and Shane turned and looked at him

‘Do I really have to do this?” Shane said

“Yes you do…it’s the least you can do after ripping this place off” Nick said

“I didn’t rip this place off” Shane said trying to convince himself as Nick looked at him then he got out of the car. Shane sighed and followed. Nick knocked on the door and a few moments later, the door opened

“Good evening Mrs Fletcher, I hope this is not a bad time” Nick said

“No, not at all..come in” Pippa said and Nick walked into the house and Shane followed behind him. Nick looked at Shane then Shane looked at Pippa

‘I’m sorry for breaking into this place” Shane said as Pippa looked at him

“And” Nick said as he looked at Shane

“And for breaking into the caravans " Shane said reluctantly

“And just to prove how sorry he is, Shane will come here everyday for the next week to work off the debt” Nick said and Shane looked at him in shock

“Well we do have a lot of work to do here” Pippa said as she looked at Shane who looked disappointed

“He’ll be here at 8am sharp and will be here for as long as you need him” Nick said as Shane looked at him with a disappointed look on his face

“Ok” Pippa said as Shane looked at her

“Goodnight” Nick said

“Goodnight” Pippa said and smiled at Nick then she closed the front door as Frank came down the stairs holding Sophie. She was already fast asleep

“Who was that?” Frank said

“Nick, he said his brother will be coming here everyday to work to apologize for what he did” Pippa said

“That’s the least the mongrel should be doing. He was probably the one who attached Carly” Frank said

“No, I don’t think so, that happened before he even arrived in Summer Bay” Pippa said

“Well there is plenty of work around here for him to do, Ill be making sure of that...and we need to look into getting some security cameras around here. I have the number for the sales rep, I just need to call him to get an estimate” Frank said as he put Sophie on the couch

“Do you want some tea?” Pippa said

“No thanks, I better take Sophie home soon, its getting late. Bobby’s got Sophie and Sam into the creche at the resort for the holidays since we are both working, but I am taking Sophie to Playschool on Wednesday and to the psychologist appointment ” Frank said

Background music- Have you ever been alone instrumental

“I didn’t ask you, how did it go with Beth?” Pippa said as Frank sat down opposite her

“Well, she was upset, but she understood that Sophie is my priority. I just can’t leave her so she can end up calling Greg dad” Frank said as Pippa looked at him

“You should hear her talk Pippa, she is still so shy, but it feels so good when she calls me daddy” Frank said and smiled

“You and Bobby have done a wonderful job with her” Pippa said

“Yeah, makes me wonder how different things would’ve been if Bobby and I did have the baby that we were planning and I never moved to the city. I don’t think I would’ve been able to leave my child” Frank said as Pippa looked at him feeling slightly guilty about know the secret that Frank didn’t know

“Anyway, I am sure everything worked out for the best. Leaving Summer Bay wouldn’t be fair to Sophie, and it wouldn’t be fair to Beth considering I can’t love her the way that she wants” Frank said as Pippa looked at him and noticed he was wearing his old watch and she smiled. She was happy to have her son home.

Westin hotel- Melbourne

Beth closed the hotel room door and sighed. She removed the band that held her hair up in a ponytail and let her hair fall to her shoulders. She was staying in the hotel for one night because she was picking up the keys for the new flat tomorrow. The new flat she was supposed to be sharing with Frank. Beth sat on the bed and reached for her bag that sat at the end of the bed and she pulled out a notebook. She sighed and picked up the phone that sat on the table next to the bed. She inhaled deeply then exhaled and began to dial the numbers. She closed her eyes as the phone began to ring then she heard a male voice say hello

“It’s me” Beth said as she opened her eyes

Macklin Residence- The City

“Well?” Brett said and sat at the desk in his luxury flat

“He wouldn’t leave” Beth said and Brett sighed

“I thought you said things were going great between the two of you?” Brett said annoyed

Westin hotel- Melbourne

“They were..then out of the blue he said he was staying” Beth said as a tear ran down her cheek

“Where are you now?” Brett said

Westin hotel- Melbourne

“At a hotel in Melbourne. I’m picking up the keys for the flat tomorrow” Beth said and she wiped the tear that ran down her cheek

“Well at least one good thing came out of this” Brett said

Westin hotel- Melbourne

“Yes, I suppose so” Beth said

“You sound disappointed..you didn’t fall in love with Frank did you?” Brett said curiously

Westin hotel- Melbourne

“No..it was just business” Beth said trying to convince herself

“Good..I know you are better than that- falling for a guy like that” Brett said and laughed

Westin hotel- Melbourne

“Why do you hate Frank so much?” Beth said after a short pause

“You did fall in love with him didn’t you?” Brett said annoyed

Westin hotel- Melbourne

“No..Im just asking why you would go to all this trouble” Beth said

“That’s none of your business” Brett said annoyed then he looked at his watch

“Look, Ill be over your way next month, lets catch up” Brett said

Westin hotel- Melbourne

“Ok” Beth said reluctantly

“You need to start showing a bit of gratitude, you will be starting the job of your dreams soon, and you got your own flat and its all thanks to me” Brett said

Westin hotel- Melbourne

“Sorry, I’m just a bit tired that’s all from all the driving” Beth said and silently sighed

“Well you better get some sleep then…I’ll talk to you soon” Brett said and he put the phone down and sighed. He opened his desk draw and took out an old company photo and searched for a familiar face until he found it

“Its didn’t work this time Frank, but next time it will..I’m going to destroy you” Brett said and smiled then he put the photo in the desk draw, got up and walked away

Westin hotel- Melbourne

Beth exhaled then she put the receiver down and laid on the bed and stared at the ceiling

Flashback

Beth- Brett I didn’t know you were back in town, your mum didn’t say anything

Brett- I just got back not long ago…you look great, what are you doing now?

Beth- I’m working at a school in a little seaside town..you should see it Brett, its really nice

Brett- Really, what’s it called?

Beth- Summer Bay

Brett- Summer Bay?

Beth- Yes, have you heard of it?”

Brett- Yes, I have actually…so have you met many of the locals?

Beth- Well..I did met one guy..I think

Brett- Why am I not surprised, as beautiful as you are, you can get any guy you want

Beth- its not very serious though..Frank and I just met. Besides I’ll only be there for a few more months then I have to figure out what is next.

Brett- Frank..Frank Morgan?

Beth- Yes, do you know him?

Flashback ends

To this day Beth is still mad about the decision she made that day…going over to the Macklins house to drop off something for Bretts mum from her mum…agreeing to be involved in a scheme that Brett had cooked up, and even though she got a great job and flat..she was all alone.

Bretts family were the only family who didn’t stop speaking to her family when her father accidently lost everyone’s money in a scheme. In fact it was Mr Macklin, Bretts dad who helped out when she was in uni so she always felt like she owed them.

Flashback

Brett- So how is it going?

Beth- I gave him the job offer

Brett- What did he say?

Beth- He went home to think about it

Brett- Good- its way too good of an offer for him to refuse

Beth- I dont know about this Brett, what if he doesn’t take it?

Brett- He will

Beth- What if he doesn’t?

Brett- I’m sure you will do more than enough to convince him

Beth- Why are you doing this?

Brett- I have my reasons

Flashback ends

Beth turned to her side and stared out of the window. Yes she got her dream job and she will be moving into an amazing flat tomorrow, but none of that mattered because she fell in love when she wasn’t supposed to..she went along with a scheme where she shouldn’t have and now she was alone with no one to blame but herself…

Background music ends

Edited by Summer's Bay

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for reading :)

Chapter 539

Stewart Residence- Summer Bay

Background music- Alf and Ailsa’s theme

Alf yawned as put the milk into his tea. He felt some arms around him and he smiled

“Careful..what might the kids think” Alf said and smiled as he turned and faced Ailsa

“They will think that we are happy and in love” Ailsa said and smiled then her and Alf kissed

“The weekend wasn’t long enough” Ailsa said as she put her arms around Alf and smiled. She stared at him. She fell in love with him all over again this weekend.

“I know..we need to go away again but for longer…I have been promising to go and see my folks..maybe we can have that much deserved honeymoon” Alf said as he put his cup on the table and put his arms around Ailsa who nodded and smiled

“Sounds like a great idea” Ailsa said and smiled

“I love you Ails” Alf said as he stared at his wife. She was perfect. He had made may mistakes, but he was glad that she forgave him and they were a family again

“Me too love” Ailsa said and smiled. This was going to be a new beginning for her and Alf. Anything that happened in the past was going to stay in the past….

Background music ends

“So, are you going to take it?” Bobby said as she looked at Grant who had just told her that he just got offered his old job back at the school. Grant looked at Bobby

“If I say yes, does it change anything between us?” Grant said

“Well I have to put an ad in the paper for your room” Bobby said trying to be serious then she smiled

“Of course not. I always knew that this job would only be temporary. You did us a huge favour for sticking around for so long” Bobby said

“No, thank you. You were in my corner when nobody else would have anything to do with me” Grant says

“Yeah, I know what that feels like..but I happy for you” Bobby said

“I feel like I’m letign you down” Grant said

“Don’t worry, we will figure something out, I will talk to Ailsa about it later” Bobby said

“I can still do Saturdays if you want me” Grant said

“Thanks” Bobby said  as she opened the letter on the table and began to read it and sighed

“bad news?” Grant said and Bobby looked at him

Background music- Frank and Bobby’s theme

“Dear Roberta, we are pleased to inform you that you have been invited to attend an interview on GMTV in London England in March to discuss your accomplishments, and promote the New South Wales business council. Please contact your administrator for further details” Bobby said and sighed

“That’s great, you’re going to England” Grant said excited

“I suppose” Bobby said as she put the letter back into the envelope

“I don’t understand” Grant said confused

“Frank and me always planned that when we had enough money, we would go to England for a second honeymoon” Bobby said as she looked down at the envelope on the table

“Great timing because Wednesday would’ve been out wedding anniversary” Bobby said and sighed

“Oh, but that doesn’t mean you still cant go” Grant said

“I have no choice…just like I didn’t have any choice and I had to go to New York last year” Bobby said

“Maybe you can go with Greg” Grant said and Bobby looked at him.

“It wont be the same” Bobby said out loud before she could stop herself then Marilyn came down the stairs

“I better go and wake Sophie and Sam up” Bobby said

“Good morning Bobby” Marilyn said and smiled

“Morning” Bobby said as she walked past her and went up the stairs

“Wow look at you” grant said and he whistled

“Oh this old thing” Marilyn said and smiled

“No work today?” Grant said

“Of course I am going to work” Marilyn said and smiled

“Couldve fooled me, you look like you’re going on a date” Grant said

“I just felt like dressing up today that’s all” Marilyn said as she poured some hot water into a cup and smiled…

Background music ends

Caravan Park- Summer Bay

Shane knocked on the door and sighed. He couldn’t believe that he had to spend his school holidays here. He looked behind him wondering if he should just go then the door opened and he turned around to see the bloke who caught him in the house

“Hi..I’m Shane…I’m here to” Shane was interrupted

“I know who you are, I caught you, you remember?” Frank said annoyed as he looked at Shane

“Here is a list of what you have to do today” Frank said and he took a list of the notice board. Shane sighed as Frank ran down the list of things he had to do today. It was going to take him all day, but he knew that was the point

“Do I even get time off for lunch” Shane said trying to joke but Frank didn’t laugh

“The cleaning stuff is in the shed and the water tap is next to the shed” Frank said and he shut the door. Shane sighed and he walked around the back and noticed that the water tap was next to a closed shed which must be the one that housed the cleaning stuff. Shane looked at the tap and turned it on but the water splashed up into his face

“That’s just great” Shane said and he quickly turned the tap off and wiped the water off his face and sighed. It was going to be a long week, but at least he wasn’t going to prison, so that was better than nothing…

Background music- Greg and Bobby’s theme

“What if someone wants to use the bathroom?” Fiona said as her and Greg stood in the bathroom kissing

“Relax..nobody is here” Greg said as he kissed Fiona’s neck

“You are a bad influence Mr Marshall, I am supposed to be working” Fiona said as she enjoyed Greg kissing her

“You are…doing a few extra duties for the boss” Greg said and Fiona laughed as Greg kissed her.

“Do you think you can get away tonight?” Fiona said

“Not sure, I’ll try” Greg said then they heard the door close and stopped kissing

“I thought you said no one was here” Fiona said in a whisper.

“They all went out” Greg said as he heard footsteps

“Stay in here” Greg said as he opened the bathroom door and quickly stepped out and came face to face with Nick

“Oh G’day” Greg said as he smiled at Nick

“Not working today?” Greg said

“I’m working tonight. I just took Shane over to the caravan, make sure he actually got there” Nick said as Greg smiled

“No more hiding for him” Greg said and Nick shook his head and walked towards his room then he remembered that he had to phone his parents. He turned the corner then he saw Fiona coming out of the bathroom then his eyes widened as he saw Greg lean forward and kiss her and follow her back into the bathroom…

Background music ends dramatically

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for reading. Sorry for the delay, been busy.

Chapter 540 :)

Beach- Summer Bay

Sandra put her arms around Revheads neck as they kissed

“I thought you were breaking up with me” Sandra said after she pulled away

“Why?” Revhead said

“Its just that we haven’t seen each other much lately” Sandra said

“Ive just been busy thats all” Revhead said

“ How about after work, maybe we can go and watch a movie or something?” Sandra said

“I can’t tonight, I promised my dad I would help him with something” Revhead said

“Oh..ok, what about tomorrow?” Sandra said

“Tomorrow is no good either” Revhead said as Sandra looked at him

“Well let me know when you can fit me into your busy schedule” Sandra said and walked away. Revhead sighed. He thought about going after her but then he would have to explain to her why he really couldn’t see her. He didn’t want to lose her but hopefully when his debt was paid off he would have all the time in the world for her…

Army Barracks Hospital- Brisbane

“Sorry I’m a bit late, there was some traffic..ill go to lunch later” Sarah said as she tied her hair back into a ponytail. Her supervisor looked at the clock on the wall “Ok..here are the patient assignment or the day” The supervisor said as she gave Sandra a clipboard

“And by the way, these flowers arrived for you a few minutes ago” the supervisor said as she pointed to a bouquet of flowers on the table. Sarah opened her eyes surprised as the supervisor walked away. Sarah looked at the flowers, they were beautiful. She noticed the little card attached to the flowers and carefully opened it

Sarah,

I don’t know what I did, but whatever it is I am 1000 times sorry.

Please give me another chance.

Ill be at the diner at 1.30..I would love to see you and say sorry in person, but I will understand if you don’t come

Martin

Sarah sighed. Maybe she overreacted when she met Martin. It wasn’t his fault..and she did like him..maybe she owed him and explanation…

Bayside Diner- Summer Bay

Ailsa opened the top draw in the office and put the receipts in the draw and closed the door

Knock on the door

Ailsa looked up to see Grant standing by the door. 

“Do you have a minute?” Grant said and Ailsa felt her stomach flutter. She promised herself that she was going to focus on her marriage with Alf. For the most part they had a great weekend away. Something that they needed to do.

“Yes, of course” Ailsa said

“I don’t know if Bobby had a chance to tell you, but Donald offered me my job back at the school, and I decided to take it” Grant said and Ailsa had mixed feelings, she knew it was a good idea, because she was going to concentrate on her marriage with Alf, but…

“No, she didn’t but that has better career prospects than working in a diner…congratulations” Ailsa said and smiled

“Thanks..if its alright, ill work until the end of the week. Bobby said its alright if I continue on the weekends” Grant said

“Yes, that is fine” Ailsa said as she looked at Grant. Normally they would be tearing each others clothes off by now, but she promised herself

“How was your weekend away?” Grant said after an uncomfortable pause

“Yes, nice..thank you. Felt like a second honeymoon..we needed the time away” Ailsa said as Grant looked at her

“Good, I’m happy for you. Well, I better get back to work” Grant said and smiled

“Thanks” Ailsa said and smiled then she watched Grant walk out of the office and sighed then she remembered the great weekend she had with Alf and smiled as she thought of their future together…

Nick stared at the ceiling. It had been a crazy few days. He still couldn’t believe that his brother was hiding under his nose and he didn’t even know. But that wasn’t want was bothering him. He coulnt get over seeing Greg and Fiona. All the times Greg would go on about Bobby and Frank and here he was doing the same thing. Even though it was none of his business, he felt stuck in the middle because Bobby had always been a good mate to him. Nick turned to his side and closed his eyes hoping to erase what he saw fron his memory…

Sands Resort- Summer Bay

“Oh sweetheart, its alright” Bobby said as she knelt down and hugged Sophie. She got a call from the creche saying that Sophie was crying, so she rushed to the creche as fast as she could.

Bobby wiped the tears from Sophie cheeks

“Do you want to stay here?” Bobby said and Sophie shook her head no. She didn’t like it here, she wanted to be with her mum and dad.

“Ok sweetheart, you can come and stay with me ok?” Bobby said and Sophie nodded

“I’m sorry..I guess she might be a bit overwhelmed ” Bobby said to the creche supervisor then she looked around to see Sam enjoying himself

“That’s alright, The space will be open if Sophie changed her mind” the creche supervisor said

“Thanks” Bobby said

“Here, I packed some books and toys for Sophie while you work” the creche supervisor said as she gave bobby a bag

“Oh thank you. I’ll bring these back before I go” Bobby said as she took the bag from the smiling creche manager, and she walked out of the creche with Sophie. Sophie held onto her mums had tight as they walked the short distance to Bobby’s office. Bobby took the key out of her pocket and opened the office door.

“Alright, let me make a space for you” Bobby said as Sophie looked around as Bobby put a table in front of the couch and put a blanket on the couch. She took out the books and toys and put them on the table

“Ok Sophie, can you sit here while I do some work?” Bobby said and Sophie nodded and she walked over to the couch and sat down

“Good girl” Bobby said and she kissed Sophies head. She picked up one of the books and began to flick through the pages.

“Right let me get on with those menus” Bobby said to herself. She turned her computer on and she looked up to see Marilyn walking past

“Hey Maz” Bobby said and rushed to the door

“Oh hi Bobby” Marilyn said

“Listen, do you want to get some lunch later with Sophie and me?” Bobby said

“Oh…thanks but I just had some last minute bookings so I will be working for lunch” Marilyn said

“Alright then, Ill see you later” Bobby said and she went back into her office. Marilyn walked towards the salon and began to feel guilty for lying to Bobby. She didn know why she did it, she should’ve just been honest. Its not like her and Frank were going out on a date, she was just taking him lunch to say thank you…its not like she had any feelings for him or anything. They were just friends, and friends can give each other lunch Marilyn thought to herself and smiled…

Caravan Park- Summer Bay

“I’m sorry Lance” Finlay said as she sat next to Lance in his mobile home.

“I don’t understand, I thought we liked each other” Lance said

“I do like you..just not like boyfriend girlfriend” Finlay said

“But you did before” Lance said and Finlay sighed and she got up from the couch

“Yeah, that was before, but things are different now” Finlay said

“Is it another bloke?” Lance said after a few moments silence

“No” Finlay said as she tried to avoid looking at Lance

“Look, I better get back, I need to move my things back into the caravan” Finlay said as Lance looked at her

“We can still be friends” Finlay said as she opened the sliding door then looked back at Lance. Lance sighed then he reached for a can of beer on the table and opened it.

“Ill see you later” Finlay said then she stepped out of the house and closed the door and smiled, because now she was free to get the man she really wanted.

Lance drank the beer and sighed. First it was Marilyn now Finlay. Women always left him. When he had money, that was the only reason why they liked him. His best friend left, then his girlfriend just dumped him. Lance drank some more of the beer again then looked around the quiet mobile home and realized that he was lonely….

Great chapter

hmm Revhead is up to no good I'd say

Hooray Alisa and Grant made it without having sex.

I hope Sarah gives Martin the time of day.

Poor Sophie being scared /overwhelmed at creche.

poor Lance poor guy 

Update again soon :)