Homecoming Part 6

Summer's Bay

On 14/02/2022 at 05:29, Red Ranger 1 said:

Hmm, Frank doesn't seem to be short of female admirers! Sophie does need to stop being so attached to Frank and Bobby...

Well in her defense, she's only a few weeks removed from Al Simpsons care, and we know he treated her horribly and to the point that she stopped speaking. She's now learning this new experience of a loving family, and what its like to be loved since its something she's never experience with Al, or in the children's home she was in. 

Thanks for reading. I will have a new chapter up by the end of the week :)

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for reading :)

Chapter 541

Surf Club- Summer Bay

Ben quickly out the bag of 20c coins into his pocket and closed the cash register just as Alf walked through the door

“G’day Alf” Ben said and smiled

“Yeah, G’day” Alf said

“Something wrong?” Ben said

“I forgot that I had to get over to Yabbie Creek, when I was supposed to get over to the wholesaler” Alf said

“I can do that….besides, isn’t that what a manager is supposed to do..you know do all the shopping” Ben said

“Yeah, you’re right. That means we need to get someone in on a part time basis, because I cant have you leaving here, especially not now since all the kids are off school” Alf said

“How about I put the word out and find someone?” Ben said

“Good idea..however in the meantime I better get over to the wholesalers…see you later” Alf said

“See you later…oh by the way, Carly will give you the rent” Ben said and smiled. Alf nodded and walked away as Ben’s smile disappeared. Ben put his hand in his pocket and took out the bag of money and threw it in the air and caught it and smiled

Caravan Park- Summer Bay

“Ok thank you” Pippa said and put the phone down and wrote some notes on the notepad in front of her. Dr Routledge did ask her to get an update on when they would move in, into the new office. Pippa inhaled then exhaled and put the pen down. She couldn’t believe that this was her life. If someone had told her that she would be practicing again as a nurse, she wouldn’t believe it.

Background music- Fletcher family theme

Pippa looked at the photos on the desk and picked up the photo of her and Tom on their wedding day and smiled. She remembered the day that Tom asked her to stay at home and look after the kids while he worked. At first she wasn’t happy, but she loved Tom, and they had both wanted a family for so long that she didn’t want to jeopardize the opportunity to have a family. Pippa looked at the ceiling when she heard Christopher cry. She put the phot back on the desk and got up and began walking upstairs. The house was unusually quiet with Sally gone to camp for a few days. When Pippa got to her room door she noticed that Christopher had stopped crying and Steve was holding him, and he laid his head on Steves shoulder. Pippa stood by the door and sighed. Steve would be gone soon, and there was nothing she could do about it.

“I thought you had gone out” Pippa said

“No, I was just sorting through my things..you know to start packing” Steve said as Christopher lifted his head and looked at him…as if he knew what was going on

“Only a few weeks left” Pippa said trying to sound upbeat even though she was disappointed

“Yeah” Steve said

“Anyway, I better get Christopher something to drink” Pippa said and she took Christopher from Steve and smiled then walked out of her room. Steve walked out of the room behind her and into his room. Pippa was right, he only had a few weeks left and he would be leaving to go to England to live with his aunt and uncle Steve thought to himself and he sat down on his bed and sighed. Soon he would be away from here…away from the guilt he felt, so that he can start a new life.

Background music ends

Stewart Residence- Summer Bay

Duncan giggled as Emma made faces at him as she put him into his pushchair. She enjoyed spending time with him, and didn’t hesitate to offer her assistance when Ailsa said she needed a babysitter for the week. Duncans regular sitter had gone on holiday, and since it was school holidays, she had the time. They were off to the beach, but their first stop was the caravan park to see if Finlay wanted to come since Sandra was working at the shop with uncle Alf.

“Alright Duncan, lets get going” Emma said as there was a knock on the door

“Hi Emma” Lucinda said

“Hi, I thought you had left already” Emma said

“I was just leaving now, and wanted to know if you wanted to come with me..you know since you have school holidays” Lucinda said. This is something Emma would’ve wanted so much. This was an opportunity to know much more about David, and his life and his family

“Ahh..thanks but I said to aunt Ailsa that I would look after Duncan this week. His sitter is on holiday” Ema said trying not to sound disappointed

“Oh, that’s a shame..maybe next time” Lucinda said as Emma pushed Duncan out of the house and locked the door

“Yeah” Emma said as she put the key in her pocket.

“Can I give you a lift anywhere?” Lucinda said

“No its ok…I was just going over to the caravan park” Emma said

“I can take you” Lucinda said

“No..thanks..besides the walk will do me some good. I’m trying to lose weight” Emma said

“Don’t be silly, you look great” Lucinda said

“Thanks” Emma said

“Alright then, I cant cant tempt you with a lift, so I will see you when I get back..oh by the way, I’ll be sure to bring back the video of me, Ruth and David as kids” Lucinda said as she got into the car and closed the door

“Yeah that would be great..thanks” Emma said

“Ok, well have a good holiday” Lucinda said

“You too” Emma said as Lucinda drove away just in time for a tear to run down her cheek.

Barracks hospital- Brisbane

“NURSE THOMPSON!” Sarah jumped and turned around to see the matron standing behind her

“Will it take you all day to get those needles?” The Matron said

“No, sorry Matron” Sarah said and she grabbed the needles she needed and walked out of the supply room.

Background music- Emotional background music

This is how it had been since she got to work, and saw the note and flowers from Martin. She decided that she was going to see him, she at least owned him an explaination since he was being so nice and kind, however it meant talking about her past and she wasn’t ready to do that because she knew she wasn’t over it..or how she would get over it..

Army Barracks- Brisbane

Martin couldn’t concentrate as he typed the data into the spreadsheet on the computer. He sighed and leaned back in the chair. All he could think about was Sarah. He wished he knew what he did to her, and why she didn’t want to be near him. He remembered the flowers he sent to and he looked at his watch. He had a few hours before he made his way to the diner hoping that she would meet him there…

Background music ends

Caravan Park- Summer Bay

“Ok thanks” Emma said and she turned Duncans pushchair around and began to walk away. Mrs Fltecher said that Finlay wasn’t working today, and had gone to Yabbie Creek which meant she was going to go to the beach by herself which she didn’t mind because she got to spend time with Duncan

Background music- Emmas theme(Sophies theme)

“G’day” Emma turned around to see Shane and had a shocked look on her face.

“What are you doing here? I thought you were in hiding” Emma said confused

“I was…until I got found out” Shane said as he put the bucket of water he was holding on the floor

“So what are you doing here?” Emma said

“It’s a long story” Shane said as he looked at Duncan

“Your kid?” Shane said as he looked at Emma. She looked at Duncan then at Shane

“No, my cousin. I’m just looking after him this week for school holidays” Emma said

“Oh right…I was going to say you are a bit too young to have a kid” Shane said and laughed at Emma looked at him

“I have to go” Emma said and turned around and began to walk away

“Hey, now that I am not in hiding anymore..do you want to go to the movies or something” Shane said as Emma looked at him

“No thanks..like I said I have to babysit” Emma said

“Not now, in the evening or something” Shane said

“No thanks” Emma said and she walked away

“Stuck up Sheila” Shane said and shook his head the he picked up the bucket and walked away. Emma sighed. She heard with Shane said. She wasn’t stuck up..maybe if things were different, she would probably go out with Shane, but not now. Emma sighed and wiped the tea from her cheek and walked away..

Background music ends

Good chapter 

8 hours ago, Red Ranger 1 said:

Good that Sarah's going to see Martin. Emma should probably tell someone soon...

I agree with RR1 completely.

Ben is still a grade A jerk
Update again soon :)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks for reading, sorry for the delay in updating :)

Chapter 542 

Caravan Park- Summer Bay

Pippa unclipped the peg from the bedsheet and began to fold the sheet. She smiled to herself. She still couldn’t believe that she passed her exams and was now an actual nurse. Well technically she was always a nurse, but now she was a nurse again. Pippa giggles to herself as she tried to make sense of what she just thought. Pippa dropped the folded sheet in the basket on the floor and when she looked up she noticed Lance walking aimlessly while kicking a rock on the floor. 

“Hello Lance” Pippa said and Lance looked up and walked over to her 

“G’day Mrs F” Lance said and sighed

“Is everything ok?” Pippa said as Lance looked at her

“Yeah” Lance eventually said

“Are you sure?” Pippa said and lance began to nod then he shook his head instead. Christopher is taking a nap, I was just about to make a cuppa, why don’t you come in and join me?” Pippa said

“Ok” Lance said and he bent down and picked up the laundry basket and followed Pippa into the house

Background music- Emotional background music

Sarah looked at the clock, she was scheduled to go on lunch in 10 minutes. The coffee shop was only five minutes away, so she had enough time to get there and meet Martin. She was feeling both excited and frightened and wondered if she was doing the right thing by giving him an explanation. 

“Nurse Thompson go and assist on the second floor” The matron said and she walked over to Sarah who was entering a patients details into the computer. Sarah quickly looked at her watch

“But I have to go to lunch in ten minutes” Sarah said 

“Well you can have your lunch later, you are needed on the second floor” The Matron said then she walked away. Sarah sighed and she got up from the desk and put the patient’s file in the filing cabinet and sighed then she walked away

Coffee Shop- Brisbane

Martin looked at his watch and then sat down at a table by the window. He knew he was early, but it was better to be early than be late he thought to himself as the waitress walked over to him

“What can I get you?” The waitress said 

“Just a coffee thanks, I’m waiting for someone,” Martin said proudly as the waitress nodded and walked away to get his coffee. Martin looked out of the window and smiled to himself. Today was going to be a good day, he just felt it..

Caravan Park- Summer Bay

Pippa watched as Lance stared into the teacup and sighed

“Are you going to tell me what’s wrong?” Pippa said and Lance looked up at her

“Nuffin ever goes right for me” Lance said 

“What do you mean?” Pippa said

“Just everyfin. I’m a loser..I know that’s what people ‘round here think” Martin said

“You’re not a loser, we have never thought that” Pippa said

“So why cant I keep a girlfriend?” Lance said and Pippa smiled

“Oh” Pippa said and paused “I thought things were going well with you and Finlay?” Pippa said

“That’s what I thought then she dumped me” Lance said as the door knocked. Pippa looked up to see Shane at the door

“I finished all the work Mrs Fletcher, is it alright if I go and have some lunch?…I wont be long” Shane said as he looked at Lance

“Alright,” Pippa said and smiled 

“Thanks,” Shane said and he rushed away. Pippa looked at Lance and he sighed

“When the time is right, you will find the right person” Pippa said

“Like you and that reverend bloke?” Lance said and Pippa smiled

“Yes” Pippa said and Lance sighed

“No I wont” Lance said

“Of course you will, there are so many nice young ladies in Summer Bay” Pippa said

“Yeah, but they don’t want me..Finlay, Marilyn, Rhonda. I loved Marilyn, and my best friend Martin isn’t even here..I have nobody” Lance said and Pippa gently rubbed his arm

“You always have us” Pippa said and lance looked up

“Thanks Mrs F..I better go” Lance said and he got up

“Will you be alright?” Pippa said

“Yeah..when is Sal getting back?” Lance said 

“She will be back from Camp on Saturday,” Pippa said 

“Ok…thanks Mrs F” Lance said 

“You’re welcome” Pippa said and Lance walked out of the house and sighed

Coffee Shop- Brisbane

Martin drank the last of his coffee and looked out of the window then he looked at his watch. Sarah was 15 minutes late, but it didn’t matter, he knew she was going to come, he felt it in his heart.

“Are you ready to order?” Martin turned around to see the waitress by his table

“Not yet, Ill just have another coffee” Martin said and smiled as the waitress turned around and walked away shaking her head

Sarah looked at her watch and sighed. Even though she had been on the second floor for 30 minutes it seemed like she had been up here for hours. There was nothing to do, so she didn’t understand why Matron would tell her to come up here.  She had to find a way to get to the coffee shop.

“Hailey, can you do me a favour please?” Sarah said as one of the senior nurses came to the nurses station

“Yeah, what is it?” Hailey said

“I’m supposed to be on my lunch break now, and matron sent me up here, can you cover for me, I need to meet someone. I will get back as quick as I can” Sarah said. Hailey looked at her watch

“Its quiet up here, so go for your lunch” Hailey said 

“Thanks I owe you one” Sarah said and smiled as she rushed towards the exit. She had no time to go and get her jacket, she was just going to run to the coffee shop since it wasn’t that far

Coffee Shop- Brisbane

Martin drank the last of the second cup of coffee and sighed. Sarah wasn’t coming. He felt like such a fool. “Are you ready to order now?” The waitress said as she walked towards the table

“No, Ill just pay for the coffees” Martin said and he put his hand in his pocket and took out some money to cover the cost of the coffee and also a tip then he got up from the table and walked out of the coffee shop and sighed. 

Background music ends

Ross Boatshed- Summer Bay

“Hi Frank” Frank looked up from the accounts receivables he was working on to see Marilyn

“G’day…are you having trouble with the car?” Frank said 

“No its running fine” Marilyn said with a smile

“Oh” Frank said 

Background music- Have you ever been alone

“I just wanted to bring you some lunch to say thank you again,” Marilyn said and she put a mini hamper on the table next to Frank

“You didn’t need to do that, yesterdays lunch was fine” Frank said 

“I know, but you said me so much money, lunch is the least I could do” Marilyn said 

“Well thanks, you saved me a trip to the diner…lets see what we have here” Frank said as he put his pen down and looked inside the mini hamper

“I better get back to the Resort” Marilyn said 

“You sure you wont join me, looks like there is enough food to feed an army” Frank said 

“Well I wouldn’t mind a sausage roll,” Marilyn said and she picked one up and took a bite, and smiled. Afterall she did bring enough food for two people

As Greg approached the boatshed he could hear a woman's voice, and started getting annoyed thinking that Bobby was going against her word and visiting Frank with that spoiled brat Sophie. As he got closer he raised his eyebrows in surprise. Frank and Marilyn were having lunch. Definitely, nothing he was expecting. He watched through the bushes as Marilyn put her hand on Franks's arm and giggled. Then he began to walk toward the shed

“G;day Marilyn” Marilyn turned around and looked at Greg like a deer caught in headlights “Hi Greg,” Marilyn said feeling guilty. Even though nothing was going on between her and Frank, she felt guilty about lying to Bobby earlier. 

“I better get back to the resort,” Marilyn said 

“You haven’t finished your lunch yet” Frank said before stuffing a sausage roll into his mouth

“Oh I am fine thank you, besides, I am watching my weight” Marilyn said and smiled

“Ok then..thanks again,” Frank said 

“You’re welcome,” Marilyn said

“Bye Frank, Bye Greg” Marilyn said and she rushed away. Greg turned and watched her walk away then smiled to himself thinking that he couldn’t wait to tell Bobby…

Coffee Shop- Brisbane

Sarah panted as she reached the coffee shop door. She opened the door and looked around, but she didn’t see Martin. She looked at her watch and realized that she was over 35 minutes late. She sighed. “What can I get you?” The waitress said

“I was meeting someone here..a guy. He would’ve been wearing army uniform” Sarah said 

“Oh, you just missed him. He left about five minutes ago..what can I get you?” The waitress said

“Umm..nothing..thanks,” Sarah said and she walked out of the coffee shop and closed the door and sighed

Background music ends

Great Chapter

Lance going to Pippa for advice

Greg thinking Bobby was with Frank instead of Marilyn.

The matron being rude and making Sarah miss her lunch with Martin

Update again soon :)

• 1 month later...

Thanks for reading :)

Sorry for the delay, Ive been really busy. Enjoy :)

Chapter 542

Beach-Summer Bay

Background music Emma’s theme (Sophie’s theme)

Emma put Duncan in his pushchair. After the running around on the beach and eating lunch he was fast asleep. She sat back down on the blanket that covered the sand. She buried her toes into the warm sand as she looked at Duncan and began to imagine if David was here, what they would be doing..how he would react to the news. Then tears filled her eyes and she began to cry. She felt so cheated. Life was suddenly starting to get better then the rug was pulled from under her and she was right back to where she started”

“G’day”

Emma turned around to see Shane behind her. He had a look of shock on his face when he saw her crying

“Whats the matter?” Shane said

“Nothing, rack off” Emma said and she got up and grabbed the blanket she was sitting on, stuffed it into her back and her and Duncan left. Shane watched as she walked away. He knew that it was nothing that he did, yet he was sad to see her upset. He remembered when she was a good mate to him and gave him some food and didn’t dob him in. He also felt guilty about thinking that she was stuck up when maybe she had a problem. Shane sighed and he sat on the sand and took out the burger he brought and bit into it and sighed.

Background music ends

Barnett Residence- Summer Bay

The door closing woke Nick up. He looked at his watch. He had to get ready for work soon. He yawned and opened his bedroom door and walked into the living room to see Greg opening the fridge

“G’day” Greg said with a smile on his face as he took a beer out, and opened it.

“Yeah G’day” Nick said as he walked into the kitchen as Greg walked out. Soon after the door opened again and Shane came into the house.

“G’day” Shane said and was just about to sit on the couch

“I don’t want your dirty clothes all over the couch” Nick said and Shane looked down at his dirty t-shirt.

“I cant wait until all this is over, that Frank guy is a slavedriver” Shan said as he dragged his feed to the bathroom

“Hey, don’t be long in there, Bobby is expecting me for dinner” Greg said as he sat on the couch and picked up the remote and began flipping through the channels. As Nick made himself a cup of coffee, he felt conflicted. He couldn’t forget what he saw happen between Greg and Fiona because Bobby had been a great mate to him. However it was really none of his business.

“I better go and get ready for work” Nick said as he stirred his coffee and walked out of the kitchen

“Righto” Greg said. The minute Nick disappeared, Greg picked up the phone and began to dial Fiona’s number

“Hey…its me” Greg said and smiled…

Cameron Residence- Summer Bay

Shannon twirled the spaghetti around her fork and dipped it into the sauce and put it into her mouth. As she chewed, she looked up at Adam who was enjoying his meal. Things were not supposed to be like this. She had so many plans when she moved in. They planned that this year she was going to save money, and next year when she goes to art school in Paris, he would come with her and get a job out there so they can be together. Now it appeared that none of that was going to happen because they hardly spoke to each other. As they both ate, the quiet was getting loud, so loud that it was unbearable.

Background music- Have you ever been alone

“I’m going to stay at my parents house for a few days” Shannon finally said and Adam looked up at her

“Why?” Adam said

“I dunno, I feel as though there is an invisible wall up between us, and maybe we need some space to decide if we want to be together” Shannon said and sighed. She felt like a weight had been lifted when she said that.

“Look, I know I’ve been distnt, but there is just so much to do at the school with it being half term, and the inspection shortly” Adam said

“What about after school?” Shannon said. She wasn’t even hungry anymore. She got up from the table and walked over to the kitchen area of the boat and put the leftovers into a plastic container and put it in the fridge.

“Im going for a walk” Shannon said and she grabbed her jacket and walked off the boat. As she walked, she wondered if what she said was the right thing. She didn’t want to go and stay at her parents place. She wanted to be here with her boyfriend, the one she loved

“It’s a bit late for a pretty girl like you to be walking around ” Shannon turned around to see Shaunna on her bike

“Hi” Shannon said dejected.

“Everything alright?” Shaunna said as she got off her bike and walked alongside Shannon

“Yeah, I just felt like going for a bit of a walk” Shannon said

“Yes, Ive heard that “me and the boyfriend are not getting along, so I need some space from him” speech one too many times” Shaunna said and Shannon started laughing

“See, that’s better” Shaunna said and winked

“Whatever it is, it will work out” Shaunna said

“Yeah, I hope so. I should be asking you what you are doing out so late” Shannon said

“I went to dinner at the Ross’s place, I’m just on my way home. Hey, didn’t you used to live around here?” Shaunna said

“Yeah, years ago. My dad used to be one of the councilors until his term ended and we moved to Waldorf creek” Shannon said

“So you know the fletchers when they moved here?” Shaunna

“Sort of. Bobby and Carly where in my cousin Matts year, so they were older than me. Carly used to go out with Matt, so sometimes she would come to parties and stuff” Shannon said

“But you knew Bobby from before they fostered her?” Shaunna said

“Not really, I just used to see her around, but as I said she was older than me. She did babysit me one time which was cool” Shannon said

“Bobby babysitting” Shaunna said and started laughing

“Why are you laughing?” Shannon said

“I dunno, I just cant imagine her doing that. Mrs Ross said when she was younger she used to always get in trouble” Shaunna said

“maybe she was having a good day that day” Shannon said and they both laughed…

Simpson Residence- Summer Bay

“That was amazing Bobby” Greg said as he put his knife and folk down

“Thanks” Bobby said and smiled. “Sam, Sophie, I think its time for the two of you to get ready for Bed” Bobby said as Sam and Sophie sat in front of the TV watching a repeat of playschool. Sophie liked the presenter with the black hair because he looked just like her dad. Her dad was taking her to see playschool soon.

“Ok” Sam said and he and Sophie marched up the stairs

“So when are you writing that cook book?” Grant said and Bobby rolled her eyes

“Yes Bobby, that really was nice. I missed lunch, so I was really hungry” Marilyn said as Bobby took her plate and Gregs plate into the kitchen.

“You better leave those dishes alone. I’m doing them” Grant said as he got up and walked into the kitchen

“Are you sure?” Bobby said

“After that meal you cooked, that’s the least I can do” Grant said

“I will dry” Marilyn said as she walked into the kitchen with her plate

“Don’t even think about it” Grant said and he took the plate and playfully ordered Marilyn out of the kitchen

“So Marilyn..maybe we can have a double date” Greg said as Bobby drank some water from her glass

“What do you mean?” Marilyn said as she sat down at the table and drank the wine in her glass

“You know..me Bobby, you and Frank” Greg said and Bobby felt her stomach drop. She didn’t understand what Greg was talking about

“Frank and I are just friends” Marilyn said and smiled wishing the ground would open up and swallow her up

“I don’t know…at the boatshed, you looked like a lovely couple if you ask me. A girlfriend bringing her boyfriend a picnic for lunch” Greg said as Grant looked behind him at Marilyn

“Oh no, I was just thanking Frank for fixing my car, I know he saved me a lot of money” Marilyn said and smiled as she tried her hardest to avoid looking at Bobby who by now must’ve figured out that she lied to her earlier.

“Thank you for dinner Bobby, I’m going to run myself a bath before bed” Marilyn said and smiled while avoiding Bobby and took her glass of wine and quickly went up the stairs

“Marilyn and Frank ey, who would’ve thought it” Greg said as he drank his beer.

“Would you like some tea?” Bobby said as she walked into the kitchen

“No thanks” Greg said as he followed Bobby into the kitchen. Grant looked at Bobby as he watched her fidgeting with the kettle.

“Frank and Marilyn..they kept that one quiet” Greg said

“Marilyn said they are just mates” Grant said as he put a washed dish on the dishrack

“I’ll help you dry” Bobby said and she picked up a cloth and began to dry a bowl

“Nah, I think its more than that, what do you think Bobby?” Greg said

“I don’t know, its not my business who they go out with” Bobby said as Grant looked at her

“Well the sooner he gets his own girlfriend, the sooner he can leave mine alone” Greg said and he put his arms around Bobby

“You know there is nothing going on between me and Frank” Bobby said and she loosened her grip from Greg and put the dishes she dried in the cupboard.

“I know, I know…I just love you that’s all” Greg said and pulled Bobby close to him

“I love you too” Bobby said and smiled then her and Greg kissed and she laid her head on his shoulder and locked eyes with Grant…

Stewart Residence- Summer Bay

“I’ll get it” Emma said as there was a knock on the door. They had all just finished dinner, and she was not feeling very well, and wanted to go and lie down

“What are you doing here” Emma said surprised as she saw Shane at the door

“I just wanted to see if you were alright…you know after today at the beach” Shane said and he was telling the truth.

“WHO IS IT LOVE” Ailsa shouted from the kitchen

“JUST SOMEONE FOR ME” Emma said and she closed the front door and walked out of the house

“I’m fine” Emma said as she walked away from the house and folded her arms

“People don’t cry if they are alright” Shane said as he walked beside Emma

“Look, just get off my case ok. I said I am fine, you don’t need to come around here again” Emma said and she began to walk back to the house

“Fine, you stuck up Sheila, I was just trying to be nice to you since you were a mate to me. Now I wont bother” Shane said and he walked away. Emma turned around with the intention of saying something then she felt a sharp pain in her stomach and she stopped. She didn’t know what it was but it hurt. She walked slowly back into the house and closed the door. She could still hear them all in the dining room. She quietly snuck into her bedroom and laid on her bed. She pulled Davids scarf from under her pillow and and wrapped it around her neck and pulled the cover over her and hoped she would see David in her dreams…

Simpson Residence- Summer Bay

Background music- Frank and Bobby’s theme

Bobby was just about to climb the stairs when she heard voices. She climbed a few more. She knew it was Frank and Marilyn, but she couldn’t hear what they were saying then she heard footsteps and quickly rushed down the steps and pretended to be reading a letter

“Sophie is asleep. She is so excited about going to see playschool on Wednesday. Is that still alright?” Frank said as he got to the bottom of the steps

“Yeah, why not” Bobby said not looking up from the letter. She also knew that Wednesday would’ve been their wedding anniversary

“I’m pretty excited myself, I always wondered what it would be like to take my kid to one of those lives shows” Frank said and he smiled

“Yeah” Bobby said as Frank noticed that she still didn’t look up

“Is something wrong?” Frank said and Bobby looked up

“No nothing” Bobby said

“Do you want me to see if I can get the day off tomorrow to look after Sophie?” Frank said

“No, its alright, Ill see if she will go to the creche tomorrow, if not she can just stay with me” Bobby said

“Alright then, well I better get going” Frank said as he heard footsteps and looked up to see Greg coming down the stairs

“Right..night” Bobby said

“Oh before I forget” Frank said and he took some money out of his back pocket and gave it to Bobby

“Thanks” Bobby said and she put the money in her pocket and watched as Frank left the house

“Why is he giving you money? Greg said

“For Sophies keep” Bobby said

“When did he start doing that?” Greg said

“He has always done that” Bobby said

“Why didn’t you tell me? I should be giving you something for Sam” Greg said

“You don’t have to, its not a competition” Bobby said

“Yeah I know, but I want to” Greg said and Bobby sighed as Greg yawned

“Someone is tired” Bobby said

“Yeah its been a long day. I have an early start tomorrow” Greg said

“Sounds like you need to get to bed soon” Bobby said as Greg tickled her

“I’ll see you tomorrow” Greg said as he kissed Bobby and she smiled

“Will you dream about me?” greg said and Bobby laughed as Greg tickled her

“Ok ok I will” Bobby said and laughed then Greg kissed her again

“Me too…goodnight” Greg said as he opened the door then turned around to kiss Bobby and walked away. Bobby smiled as she locked the front door and turned the light off. As she walked up the steps, her smile began to disappear. She turned and looked at Marilyns room then went into her room and closed the door. She wondered how long her and Frank had been creeping around behind her back then she remembred that it didn’t matter. She had Greg and she had Sam, and she was not going to do anything to jeopodize their future. As Bobby walked into her ensuite bathroom and turned the light on, she made a mental note to call Mrs Malloy to follow up on Sams adoption approval. She couldn’t wait for her Sam and Greg to be a real family, and that is all that mattered.…

Greg indicated right as the traffic light turned from red to amber. He had to make one more stop before he went home. He smiled to himself as the light turned green made the turn and drove away...

Background music ends

Dibble Residence- Brisbane

“Geez its raining cats and dogs. I know the floors are all going to be muddy tomorrow” Jessie said as he looked out of the window then he looked down at Martin who was staring at the wall

“Martin” Martin looked up when he heard his name

“Are you alright, you’ve been pretty quiet which is not like you” Jessie said and Martin smiled

“I’m fine, just been a long day” Martin said as he picked up the remote control and changed the channel a few times as Jessie yawned. “Well I’m off to bed. The sound of the rain helps me get to sleep quicker” Jessie said as there was a knock on the door

“Who’s crazy enough to be out in this weather?” Jessie said as he walked out of the living room and towards the front door. Martin sighed. Today had been a long day, he hadn’t been able to focus on anything since he got back from the coffee shop. He got up from the chair and limped into the kitchen to make himself some coffee hoping that would help to relax his mind

“You got a visitor” Jessie said

“Who is it” Martin said as he took the milk out of the fridge

“Me” Martin turned around when he heard a females voice and his eyes widened as he saw Sarah standing next to Jessie wearing her wet raincoat

“Im off to bed” Jessie said and he looked at Sarah and Martin and walked into his room and closed the door

“I hope you don’t mind me coming over like this” Sarah said

“No not at all, here let me get your coat” Martin said as he limped over to Sarah and helped her take her coat off and hung it on the back of the door

“Sorry, I got water everywhere” Sarah said

“No its fine. I was just about to make some coffee, can I make you some?” Martin said

“Yes please” Sarah said as she pulled the sleeves over her hands and folded her arms

“Please have a seat” Martin said and he pointed to a dining table chair that sat in the corner of the small kitchen area. Sarah looked around the flat as Martin made the tea. The flat was small, but neat and tidy. It reminded her of one she had known before as her mind started to wonder . The sound of the cup being placed on the table in front of her brought her back to reality.

“I didn’t know how you like it” Martin said as he put some kind and sugar on the table

“Black with one sugar is fine..thanks” Sarah said and smiled as Martin put soe sugar in her coffee cup. Sarah silently exhaled. Even though she was here, she still wasn’t sure if it was a good idea. As Martin made his own coffee, Sarah thought about the day she had. How she was upset that she had missed him, but able to make it to the hospital without the matron seeing her. She thought about how all she thought about was Martin for the whole day. She remembered wondering if she had made a mistake by looking up his address, and waiting in the car outside his house for an hour. However, none of that mattered now, she was here. He was here. Sarah picked up the cup and drank some of the hot coffee then she put the cup down and pulled her sleeves over her hands and folded her arms and looked up to see Martin looking at her. Martin didn’t expect to see her again, not after she stood him up at the coffee shop. That didnt matter, because she was here now. He knew she was beautiful, but tonight she took his breath away. They both began to speak at the same time then they both stopped

“Ladies first” Martin said

“I owe you an apology…I didn’t mean to stand you up. When I got to the coffee shop, you had already gone” Sarah said

“I know that I hurt you, I just wanted a chance to say sorry..for whatever I did” Martin said and Sarah sighed and felt guilty. She felt guilty because she knew that Martin didn’t do anything

Background music- emotional romance theme

Sarah breathed in deep then she vocally exhaled. “A few years ago, I went out with a bloke..an army bloke. The hospital warns us against going out with army blokes, and to keep things professional, and I did that..until I met this one bloke. He was everything I thought I wanted. He was charming and swept me off my feet. This was my first job out of nursing school, and I  couldn’t believe I got a job and the man of my dream all at the same time.

“Lt Lucini?” Martin said and Sarah looked at him and bowed her head done then nodded. An uncomfortable silence filled the room. Martin wasn’t sure what he was about to here, but he could feel Sarah’s vulnerability. She seemed like she was scared, and he wished he could hug her, comfort her and tell her not to be afraid.

“You don’t have to talk about this if you don’t want to” Martin said and Sarah looked up at him with tears in her eyes

“No, I want to” Sarah said as she wiped a stray tear from her cheek with the back of her hand that was covered with her sleeve.

Everything was going ok, but then the pushing and choking started” Sarah said as her voice trembled. And she looked into the coffee cup. “ I was convinced that it was my fault, that I wasn’t a good girlfriend. Then things stated getting worse, and I was always trying to find excuses to explain why I had a black eye or a bruise on my arm. I think my best excuses was when he pushed me down the stairs. I said I tripped over my laces chasing my cat. The other nurses were so jealous that I had a great caring boyfriend who took care of me” Sarah said still not looking up from the cup. By this time we were living in his flat, and he would always destroy my things when he got mad at me. I cant tell you the amount of broken plates I had to clean up” Sarah said as she wiped her cheek with the back of her hand

“You don’t have to say anymore, I can see this is upsetting you” Martin said  and Sarah shook her head

“No, I want to tell you this. One time he got into trouble at work for something and when he got home, he took it out on me. I tried to fight back. That made things worse. He beat me up and threw me across the floor. I don’t remember what happened after that. Only that I woke up in the hospital. I was in a coma for a few days because there was a swelling on my brain. One of the nurses at the hospital sort of figured out what was going on, and she reported Ben to his superiors. He was supposed to get disciplinary action. I tried to stop it because I know that it would only make things worse, but it was too late. He was ordered to stay away from me.  When I got out of the hospital and went back to the flat, he had destroyed all my belongings, tore up all my clothes and disappeared” Sarah said and sighed

“Now he’s living in Summer Bay and married to a mate of mine like nothing ever happened” Martin said and sighed. Sarah looked up at Martin. “I feel so embarrassed by all of this” Sarah said

“Hey, none of this was your fault. How were you to know that you fell in love with a dirtbag” Martin said

“Now you understand why I freaked out when you mentioned you saw him. I thought you were his friend or something. I thought that maybe this was going to happen all over again” Sarah said. Martin sighed

“I promise you, I am not like him at all” Martin said and he gently put his hand on Sarah’s hand. She looked into Martins eyes and could tell that he was being honest.

“I am sorry that you had to relive this all over again” Martin said as he found himself getting angry. Sarah wasn’t his girlfriend but he felt like he had to protect her then he remembered something…Carly. Now it all made sense. When he went home he noticed that Carly had completely changed. Nobody else appeared to notice, but he couldn’t figure out why. He remembered Lt Lucini from his time as a new recruit. He had a terrible reputation of making new recruits do extra workouts and making them feel afraid of him.

“I better go..its late, and I have to go to work tomorrow” Sarah said and she stood up

“Wait” Martin said and got up and limped over to her

“I’m sorry for what you went through, that guy was a jerk, and I promise you, I am going to make him pay for what he did to you” Martin said and Sarah looked at him. His eyes felt so comforting and before she knew it she was hugging him. It felt good. She felt so protected even though she didn’t know him

“I’m going to make him pay..I promise you” Martin said and he kissed the top of Sarahs head as she closed her eyes. He wasn’t sure how he was going to do it, but he owed it to Sarah if it was the last thing he was going to do

Background music ends