Homecoming Part 6

Summer's Bay

Thanks for reading :)

Chapter 545

Simpson Residence- Summer Bay

Background music- Frank and Bobby’s theme

Bobby slowly walked down the stairs. It was still very early, and she didn’t want to wake anybody up. She gently unlocked the front door, stepped outside the house, and slowly closed it behind her.

Marilyn opened her eyes as she heard the door close. She wasn’t asleep. If she was honest with herself, she didn’t sleep much last night. Not because she wasn’t tired, but because she was feeling guilty about the way she felt about Frank. It was taking her by surprise. She never expected to fall for him. She couldn’t believe that she was so bold to ask him to the valentines day dance. She was trying to stop herself from falling for him, but the guilt she felt was because she wasn’t sure if she wanted to She remembered Bobby telling her once that she still had feelings for Frank, but she also seemed happy with Greg. Marilyn sighed. Bobby had been a really good friend to her, almost like a sister, so she didn’t want to do anything to jeopardize that relationship but she also still wanted to be happy. Marilyn sighed again and turned over to her side. She still had two hours before she had to get up for work, so she closed her eyes and let her mind drift to spending time with Frank.

Caravan Park- Summer Bay

Flashback

Bobby- Can you believe that we are going to get married tomorrow?

Frank- I know, been taking forever

Bobby- Are you still sure that you want to do this..I mean get married?

Frank- Why? Are you having doubts?

Bobby- No, I just want to make sure that you are not having doubts

Frank- No, I wish we can get married right now

Bobby- I know, me too

Frank- So why did you ask?

Bobby- I dunno…just wanted to make sure you know what you’re in for

Frank- Whatever it is, I know that marrying you is going to be worth it

Bobby- I love you Frank, forever

Frank- I love you Roberta, forever

Flashback ends

Frank sighed as he stared at the ceiling of the caravan. If he was honest with himself, he never paid much attention to today’s date. Of course, he remembered that today is the day that he and Bobby got married three years ago, but then after a few minutes, he would carry on with his life, with work, and with loving Roo, however, this year was different. Being home made it seem like everything happened yesterday. He remembered standing at the alter, he remembered carefully taking off Bobby’s dress before they made love for the first time. He remembered all the hopes and dreams they had, he remembered their honeymoon in Singapore, and how they were so excited for the future. He never expected things to end up so different…

Beach- Summer Bay

Bobby ran as fast as she could then she began to slow down. It had been a long time since she had a good run. She took off her shoes as her breathing stablized and sunk her feet into the warm sand. The beach had always been a place where she found comfort, and today was no different. She didn’t sleep much because there were so many different things going on in her mind. Seeing Marilyn and Frank together yesterday, and today being, what would’ve been her and Franks’s third wedding anniversary, she felt so claustrophobic being in the house and needed some space to breathe.  Bobby stopped walking and sat down on the sand and stared into the water. Even though it was early, she could see two surfers getting ready to go in and begin surfing. Bobby smiled to herself and sighed

Flashback

Bobby- I’m glad we waited

Frank- Yeah me too

Bobby- Will it always be like this

Frank- What do you mean?

Bobby- Like it is right now, this is the happiest I have ever been in my life. I finally have my own family

Frank- Well, your happiness is in my hands now, so I promise that it will always be like this

Flashback ends 

Before Bobby could stop herself, tears welled in her hers and one fell down her cheek. Bobby wiped her cheek with the back of her hand. When Frank left, she always pushed today to the back of her mind because she knew that he wasn’t coming back. Every year it seemed to get easier. She never completely forgot him, but it didn’t hurt as much, but this year is different. With Frank around, it felt like everything was happening again, today. Bobby sighed. At times she wished that he never came back, but then again, if he never came back, they wouldn’t have Sophie whom she loved very much. She wished that she could stay on the beach by herself and just let the day pass, but she knew that wasn’t a reality. Bobby inhaled deeply, picked up her shoes, stood up, and began walking. Frank was a single man, he can see anyone he wants. She had Greg and Sam in her life now, and she didn’t want to do anything to jeopardize that. They were her future, even the fortune teller said so. With every step that Bobby took on the beach, she reminded herself of the happy times that she and Greg were going to have in the future. As Bobby walked along the beach she could hear someone crying. She turned to her right and noticed someone sitting on the sand. She began walking toward the person and as she got closer, she noticed that it was Emma.

“Emma, are you alright?” Bobby said. Emma looked up with a shocked look on her face as tears ran down her cheeks

“I’m fine” Emma said as she cried

“No your not, otherwise you wouldn’t be crying” Bobby said as Emma stood up and wiped her face with David’s scarf as Bobby watched her.

“Its nothing, I’m fine. Please don’t tell Aunt Ailsa that you saw me crying” Emma said as Bobby looked at her

“Please promise that you wont,” Emma said and Bobby nodded

“Ok, I promise,” Bobby said begrudgingly 

“Thanks,” Emma said and she walked away as Bobby watched her confused. 

Background music ends

Caravan Park- Summer Bay

Frank lifted the kettle from the stove before it began to make noise. He poured the water into his cup and put the kettle back on the stove. He picked up the teaspoon, began to stir the contents of his cup, and smiled. Today was bittersweet, he was taking Sophie to watch Playschool live. He remembered when he was younger, he wanted his parents to take him, but they always made excuses. That was around the time that their drinking and gambling got worse. He knew that was the reason why his parents never had any money. He was always jealous when he heard schoolmates talk about going, and always promised himself that he would take his own children when he had money, and today it was happening. At least he would be away from Summer Bay for the day.

“You couldn’t sleep?” Finlay said as she put her arms around Frank who pushed her away

“What are you doing? Frank said almost spilling his coffee on the floor. Frank put the coffee cup on the table and reached for the towel and wiped his hands and the table where a small amount of coffee had spilled. 

“I heard you go out, and I assumed you couldn’t sleep. Do you want some company?” Finlay said as she began to kiss Frank’s neck. Frank pushed her away and she looked at him

“I’m in love with you Frank…and I know you feel it too” Finlay said and she forcefully put her arm around Franks’s neck and began kissing his neck again. For a split second, Frank didn't stop her. Hearing someone tell him that she loves him was the comfort that he needed especially today with his feelings being in a knot. He lifted his head as Finlay kissed under his chin “I knew you felt the same way about me..I want you so much” Finlay said then reality set in and Frank pulled her arms from around his neck and gently pushed her back.

“I told you already, we can’t do this,” Frank said and he walked away as Finlay smiled to herself. She knew that Frank wanted her, because he didn’t deny it.

Phone ringing

Finlay smiled as she walked towards the phone and picked up the receiver “Hello, Summer Bay Caravan Park” Finlay said with a smile then a few seconds later, her smile disappeared

“I told you not to call me on this number…What do you want?” Finlay said and sighed..

Harris Residence- Kiama

Greg was woken by the sound of the toilet flushing. He rubbed his eye then picked up his watch on the bedside table and looked at the time and sighed. He had intended on leaving an hour ago. He got out of bed and grabbed his shirt that was on the chair at the end of the bed. He began buttoning the shirt when Fiona opened the bedroom door, and closed it behind her.

“Scott awake?” Greg said

“Yes,” Fiona said and she made the bed

“I didn’t realize it was so late,” Greg said

“I wanted to wake you, but you looked so peaceful sleeping,” Fiona said and smiled

“I guess I have to go out through the window?” Greg said as Fiona walked over to him

“Sorry, its just that I don’t want Scott getting the wrong idea” Fiona said as Greg put his arms around her

“I had a great night last night,” Greg said 

“Me too,” Fiona said and she rested her head on Greg’s chest. She was in love with him.

“I better get going,” Greg said 

“When will I see you?” Fiona said

“I dunno, we got a lot of work on today,” Greg said

“Ill call you later,” Greg said

“Ok, ill be waiting,” Fiona said and she looked at Greg he gently kissed her on her lips and winked and opened the window, and climbed out trying not to fall again. As Greg walked to his car the usual guilt crept in and he sighed. He knew what he was doing was wrong, but things had gone to far with Fiona. He had to admit that he liked her, but it was Bobby that he loved. He knew that he can turn things off with Fiona, but he had to admit that he didn’t want to do that right now. Greg started the engine of his car and drove away thinking of the great night that they had. 

Marilyn jumped as Grant came into the kitchen

“Sorry, I didn’t mean to make you jump” Grant said 

“Its alright, its not your fault” Marilyn said as Grant looked at his watch

“Bit early for you to be going to work” Grant said 

“I wanted to get in early and do some inventory checks,” Marilyn said trying to avoid Grant’s gaze. It was a lie. She didn’t want to be here when Bobby got back. 

“Is there something wrong?” Grant said

“No nothing, why? Marilyn said as she put the toast she made on the plate and smiled. Grant stared at her and Marilyn sighed. 

“Is it that obvious?” Marilyn said and Grant nodded and Marilyn walked over to the dining table and put her plate down and sat down. Grant sat opposite her. 

“Grant I don’t know what to do” Marilyn said 

“Its about Frank, isn’t it?” Grant said and Marilyn looked at him surprised

“How did you know?” Marilyn said 

“I have a sixth sense for these things,” Grant said and smiled as Marilyn sighed

“You feel something for him, and you’re not sure because of Bobby,” Grant said and Marilyn nodded then they heard the door opening

“Please don’t say anything,” Marilyn whispered and Grant nodded as she got up

“You can have my toast, I’m not hungry,” Marilyn said. Bobby sighed silently as she saw Marilyn sitting at the table with Grant

“I better get going, see you later, bye Bobby,” Marilyn said with a big smile on her face

“Yeah, see you later ” Bobby said faking a smile as she walked into the kitchen and put the kettle on. 

“You’re up and about very early” Grant said

“Yeah, I went for a run” Bobby said and looked at the clock on the wall and realized that she had to get Sam and Sophie up soon. Frank was coming to pick Sophie up to first take her to the psychologist’s appointment and then onto Playschool live. 

“Everything alright boss” Grant said as he leaned on the kitchen counter

“Yeah, fine” Bobby said in a low tone as she put a teabag in the cup. Grant watched her as she put some milk in the cup and stared at the kettle. Bobby looked up and noticed that Grant was staring at her

“Nothing gets past you does it?” Bobby said and Grant shook his head no. Bobby sighed and leaned on the counter. 

“Three years ago today, I was getting ready to become Mrs Frank Morgan” Bobby said and folded her arms

“Sorry” Grant said

“Nothing to be sorry about. It was probably the worst mistake I made in my life” Bobby said and Grant looked at her.

“I guess it doesn’t help that he’s around” Grant said 

“No, it doesn’t. Sometimes I wish he never came back” Bobby said 

“If he never came back you wouldn’t have Sophie,” Grant said

“That’s probably the only good thing that came out of him coming back” Bobby said and she poured the water into the cup.

“Anyway, it doesn’t matter, I’m just being silly. I have Greg and Sam in my life. No need to look back when all the best times are ahead of me” Bobby said and smiled as she walked out of the kitchen. Grant walked back to the dining table and sat down and sighed. 

Background music ends

Army Barracks- Brisbane

Background music- Carly’s theme

Martin waited until the other officers were out of the room and he closed the door. He took the piece of paper out of his pocket and sighed. It took him half an hour to explain to his mum why he needed Carly’s number and made her promise not to tell anyone that he asked for it. Martin picked up the phone receiver and began to dial. He looked at the clock on the wall. It was a bit early, but this was the only time that he had to make the phone call. He listened as the phone rang “Come on Carly” Martin said under his breath. When he heard the pick up he was about to speak when he heard a mans voice. It was Lt Lucini. He put his hand over the mouth of the receiver as Lt Lucini said hello a few times then eventually he put the phone down. Martin sighed then he put the receiver down. 

“Stupid idea” Martin said to himself. What did he expect was going to happen if he called Carly at home. Then he remembered, Lance said she was the manager of the diner at night. Lance picked up the phone and began to dial.

“Mum its me..I need you to get me another number” Martin said and smiled to himself. He had to get to Carly. One way or another he was goint to get Lt Lucini. He promised Sarah, and he had no intention of breaking that promise.

Background music ends

Great chapter

emotions running high between Frank and Bobby

Greg you need to stop with Fiona now what if Bobby found out?

Frank taking Sophie to see Playschool.

Martin trying to call Carly I hope he can get her away from Ben

Update again soon  :)

• 4 months later...

Sorry for the delay in updating. Been really busy. Thanks for reading :)

Chapter 546.

Wellness centre- The City 

Dr Murphy sat down at the small table and chair opposite Sophie as Frank stepped out of the room. She stared at Sophie who coloured in the frog with the green pencil. She was impresses with the way the little girl was concentrating on not colouring outside the line.

“Sophie do you like school? Dr Murphy said and Sophie nodded without looking up. Do you like living with your new family?” Dr Murphy said and Sophie nodded while concentrating on coloring in the frog. “ Frank said he is taking you to see playschool live. Are you excited?” Dr Murphy said and Sophie looked up and nodded. Dr Murphy noticed that Sophie’s eyes lit up when she mentioned Frank, but that is not what she wanted. She wanted Sophie to open up more, so she could assess the extent of her emotional trauma.

Sophie…do you remember when you lived with your other dad? Dr Murphy said and Sophie immediately put the pencil down and grabbed her teddy bear, and burst into tears.

“It’s ok Sophie, you don’t have to talk about it if you don’t want to” Dr Murphy said. She felt a bit guilty for asking that question, because she can clearly see that Sophie has made progress since her visit. “Here, take this tissue and wipe your face” Dr Murphy said and Sophie gently took the tissue and wiped her cheeks. “I’ll ask Frank to come back in ok? Dr Murphy said and Sophie nodded. Dr Murphy sighed and got up from the table. This was part of her job that she didn’t like, seeing children cry when she brought up their past. “Frank you can come back in now” Dr Murphy said after she opened the door and popped her head around the corner. Frank immediate got up from the chair and followed Dr murphy into the office. Sophie immediately got up and rushed over to Frank. He picked her up and she hugged his neck tight.

“What happened?” Frank said concerned. “I’m sorry, that was my fault. I want to assess the extent of Sophies trauma, and I asked her about her experience living with her biological father, and it upset her” Dr Murphy. “She’s obviously not ready to talk about it” Frank said annoyed as he gently stroked Sophie’s hair

Yes I see that” Dr Murphy said 

“Look, I think these meetings might be a waste of time, you can see that Sophie’s alright” Frank said as he looked at Dr Murphy with an annoyed look on his face.

“Sorry that you feel that way, but I just want to help” Dr Murphy said and Frank sighed

“Yeah I understand” Frank said 

“Sweetheart” Frank said and Sophie looked at him. “Dr Murphy only wants to help, that’s why she’s asking you questions. Do you want to talk to her?” Frank said 

“Daddy I don’t want to” Sophie said in a soft voice

“Alright, you don’t have to” Frank said and Sophie put her head on his shoulder and hugged his neck tight. Frank looked at Dr Murphy

“I think Sophie has had enough today. Based on what you have said and what I have observed, I think Sophie has made great progress. How about we give her a few months, and meet again in three months?” Dr Murphy said. Although Frank felt the meeting was a waste of time, he wanted the best for his daughter. 

“Ok” Frank said

“Good. Have a great time at Playschool Sophie” Dr Murphy said

“Ok” Sophie said softly as they left the office. When they stepped out of office the weather was beginning to warm up. “How about we go and get some lunch before we go to playschool?” Frank said “Ok daddy” Sophie said

“I love you sweetheart, you were a brave girl today” Frank said as he kissed the top of Sophie’s head

“I love you daddy” Sophie said and closed her eyes and thoughtabout all the good times she had with her new mum and dad. 

Newton Residence- Moruya, New South Wales

Viv put glasses of lemonade on the table and sat next to Sandra

“I’m so glad you both came, I’ve really missed you both” Viv said

“I know, letters and phone calls are not the same” Sandra said and smiled. Viv was really her best friend, and she was happy to visit her, even though she wished she was back home with her boyfriend. As Viv told him and Sandra about school, Steve’s mind drifted. He would be leaving in a few weeks, and was probably not going to see either of them again if he was honest with himself.

“What do you think?” Viv gently kicked Steves foot under the table to get his attention. 

“Sorry, I was miles away, what did you say?” Steve said 

“I was just asking if you wanted to go to the beach later” Viv said 

“Yeah, fine” Steve said 

“Is everything alright? Viv said and Steve sighed. 

“I guess you’re going to find out soon enough..in three weeks I’m moving to England to live with my aunt” Steve said it as Viv and Sandra looked at him shocked. 

Army Barracks- Brisbane

Martin looked at his watch as he walked back to his office. He had 10 minutes left on his break. He and Sarah had sandwiches at a local park, and made plans to see each other later. He really liked her. She was different from any other woman he had gone out with before. Martin walked into the office and closed the door. He pulled the number out from his top pocket and and sat down at the desk and dialed Carly’s number.

Background music- Carly’s theme

Lucini Residence- Summer Bay

Carly opened her eyes as the phone rang in the background. She had a headache and looked down to see that she was still holding the bottle of vodka in her hands. This was her reality these days. When she wasn’t at work, she spent most of her time asleep of drinking. The only good thing was that Ben didn’t hit her, but that was only because she warned him that she would tell Frank what he had been doing to her. However, that didn’t stop him from using words that cut just like a knife. Carly sighed as the phone continued to ring. She opened the bottle of vodka and drank the last gulp. She closed the bottle and closed her eyes and drifted off back to sleep. 

Army Barracks- Brisbane

“Maybe she’s at work” Martin said to himself as he put the phone receiver down when he didn’t get an answer. He picked up the phone receiver again then dialed the second number on the piece of paper.

Bayside Diner- Summer Bay

“Hello Bayside diner” Shannon said

G’day, is Carly there?” Martin said 

“No, she doesn’t start work until 6. Can I give her a message?” Shannon said

Army Barracks- Brisbane

“No, I’ll try again later” Martin said and he put the phone down. He didn’t know who answered the phone, but he was not willing to leave any messages that might mess up his plan. He wrote down 6 o’clock on the paper with the numbers and put it back in his pocket. He promised Sarah he was going to make Lt Lucini pay, and that is exactly what he was going to do. 

Background music ends

The Bistro- The City

“Thank you” Sophie said softly as Narelle put some sandwiches and juice in front of her. Narelle smiled and walked over to Frank as Sophie ate her sandwiches and watched a small tv that Narelle brought out from Matt’s office. 

“Oh Frank, she is a sweet little girl” Narelle said and Frank smiled and took a sip of his coffee. 

“I cant believe that you and Bobby are her parents, who would’ve thought that after everything you two have been through” Narelle said as she sat down next to Frank

“Yeah, I know. Things have a strange way of working out” Frank said “Yeah like me and Jeff Samuels” Narelle said and she got quiet

“Are you ok?” Frank said 

“Yeah…I just cant believe I was sooo stupid” Narelle said

“You wasn’t stupid…you were in love” Frank said

“And look were that got me” Narelle said

“Me an’ all…two marriages down the toilet” Frank said 

“He wrote to me you know…after he got sentenced” Narelle said

“I hope you didn’t write back, the bloke is scum” Frank said

“I didn’t…but I wanted to..you know” Narelle said

“Well the important thing is that you didn’t…how long did he get anyway?” Frank said 

“three years” Narelle said

“I guess its better than nothing” Frank said 

“Suppose” Narelle said and looked down at the table

“You still love him don’t you?” Frank said and Narelle looked at him and sighed then she nodded her head “Even after everything he did to me” Narelle said feeling silly. 

“What are we going to do with you eh?” Frank said in a joking tone and put his arm around Narelle and she smiled and wiped the lone tear that escaped her eye.

Bayside Diner- Summer Bay

Bobby stood by the door to the office and stared as Ailsa cute a slice of chocolate cake and put it on a plate for a customer as her mind drifted.

Flashback

Carly- I cant believe it…in a few short hours you will be married.

Bobby- I know…its like a dream come true

Carly- Bobby..I know that I’ve said some mean things about you in the past, but I really am happy for you and Frank

Bobby- Yeah, you have, and you wouldn’t be my bridesmaid if I didn’t forgive you.

Carly- One day I hope I have what you and Frank have

Bobby- You will…look at me, I never expected to have what me and Frank have

Carly- Do you regret not going to uni next year?

Bobby- Never. Being Mrs Frank Morgan is everything I want

Carly- Well we better get a move on, so you wont be late

Flashback ends

“Earth to Bobby” Greg said

“Sorry Greg, I was miles away” Bobby said as she quickly turned around and wiped a stray tear from her cheek.

“What are you doing here?” Bobby said as she turned around

“I thought I would come by and have lunch with my beautiful girlfriend” Greg said and he kissed Bobby’s forehead. If she was honest with herself, she wasn’t in the mood considering what today is. That’s sweet of you but I have a lot of work to do” Bobby said as she walked back into her office

“Ailsa, can you spare Bobby for an hour?” Greg said and Bobby silently sighed

“You two love birds taking off? Ailsa said

“Yes, I wanted to take Bobby out to lunch” Greg said 

“Go on, we have enough hands here” Ailsa said and smiled as she walked back towards the counter

“That’s settled then” Greg said and winked at Bobby.

Beach- Moruya, New South Wales

Steve sat on the sand as he watched Sandra, Viv and Tammy play ball with Mr Mitchell. Steve sighed. Realty was starting to sink in. In three weeks he would be leaving Australia, probably for good. He knew it was the right thing to do. He couldn’t live with the guilt he felt every time he saw Frank.

“You not coming to play?” Viv said as she sat next to Steve

“Nah, maybe later” Steve said as Viv threw the ball to Sandra

“Is everything alright?” Viv said

“Yeah, why?” Steve said

“I dunno, you been really quiet..is it because you are leaving?” Viv said

“No, I think I’m probably tired. With all the tourists its busy at the caravan park” Steve said

“Don’t take this the wrong way, but I know what its like to run away from a problem” Viv was interrupted

“I’m not running away, I told you I’m going to live with my mum’s sister” Steve said trying to convince himself. 

“I didn’t say you are, but this all seems really sudden” Viv said 

“Well its not, I made the decision a long time ago” Steve said 

“I’ll miss you, but if this is really what you want, I hope everything works out. Keep in touch” Viv said as Steve looked at her

“I will” Steve said and smiled

“Hey are you two coming to pay?” Grant shouted and they both got up and ran towards the others. 

Playschool Live- The City

Frank watched as Sophie danced and sang along to the playschool songs. He smiled. Even though the day was being overshadowed by the fact that today is his wedding anniversary, this was still a dream come true. Taking his own child to playschool was something he always promised himself he was going to do. After a few more songs, all the children began lining up to take photos with the presenters. Frank know that Sophie liked the presenter Alex Papps, and he watched as Sophies face lit up when Alex gave her a little doll, and posed for a photo with her. Frank smiled as Alex shook his hand and they waited in line to get their photos. He knew that today was going to be a day that Sophie would never forget, and it was definitely going to be a day that he would never forget.

Sands Resort- Summer Bay

“Thank you, bye” Marilyn said as the customer closed the door. Marilyn looked at the clock on the wall. She had been going nonstop since she got to work, and realized it was time for a lunch break. She smiled to herself and she thought at going to the diner and getting some sandwiches and taking lunch to Frank. Then she realized that today is Wednesday, and Frank had taken Sophie to see playschool live. Marilyn went to the back to get her bag, and when took her purse out, she noticed the flyer for the valentine’s day dance, and smiled to herself as she remembered asking Frank to go with her. Then immediately a wave of guilt washed over her and she sighed as she walked towards the salon door. She turned the sign to close and locked the door and walked out of the diner. As she walked towards the entrance the guilt continued. She knew that she shouldn’t be feeling anything for Frank because of Bobby, but she was alone. As she opened the resort door and stepped outside she noticed Greg and Bobby walking towards the beach. They appeared to have lunch in their hands then they stopped and shared a kiss. Maybe she didn’t need to feel guilty after all she though to herself and smiled as she walked to the diner. 

Background music ends

Barnett Residence- Summer Bay

Shaunna stepped out of the shower and grabbed a towel from the rack and dried herself. She smiled as she remembered the great day she had at the beach today. With the tourists around, the big was packed, but the highlight was teacher the junior lifeguards, especially Haydn. He had completely changed and was even being nicer to Mrs Ross. Shaunna walked the short distance to her room and closed the door. She looked at her watch on the bedside table and realized she had 30 minutes to get ready because she was going over to dinner at the Ross house. Shaunna sat down and opened the draw of the bedside table. She pulled out the folder looked at all the photos and newspaper clippings that she had taped to the pages. She put the folder down and rushed over to her bag, and from the front pocket, she took out a folded newspaper clipping and went back over to the bed and sat down. She unfolded the newspaper clipping and looked at the photo “Pippa Fletcher, Walter Bertrum and John Farnham she said as she read the caption under the photo. When Mrs Ross told her about Mrs Fletchers involvement with John Farnham, she rushed to the library to find out more information. Shaunna stared at Pippa Fletcher in the photo, and gently caressed her face with her finger and smiled. She knew it was her, it had to be her. Just thinking about it gave her butterflies. She had to find a way to tell her….and soon. 

Frank sighed and smiled as he put the car into park. He looked over in the passenger seat at Sophie’s teddy bear. He got halfway home when he realized that Sophie had left her bear in the car. He remembered a time when he left his lunch at home and Tom left work to go home, pick it up, and bring it to him at school. Frank pick up the bear and shook his head then he got out of the car and walked the short distance to Bobby’s front door and knocked.

Sam rushed to the front door when he heard the door knock.

“SAM DON’T OPEN THAT DOOR” Greg said annoyed, but he was too late.

“Uncle Frank, Sophie’s crying” Sam said as he opened the door to see Frank standing there. Frank’s smile immediately disappeared as he slowly walked into the house and he looked around. He noticed Greg kneeling down and wiping what looked like food on the floor. 

“Where is Sophie?” Frank said as he slowly walked towards Greg

“Under the table being the spoiled brat that she is” Greg said annoyed as he picked up bits of broken plate from the floor.

Frank immediately dropped to his knees and lifted up the tablecloth to see a crying Sophie huddling in the corner.

“Sweetheart” Frank said and Sophie opened her eyes. She didn’t go to her dad at first because she was so afraid. 

It’s ok sweetheart, you can come out” Frank said and Sophie sighed and and rushed over to her dad. Her eyes were red , as if she had been crying for a long time and her face looked as if she had been hit. Frank picked her up and she hugged his neck really tight and continued crying.

What did you do to her?” Frank said standing up and trying not to get annoyed as Grant walked into the house. Greg didn’t respond. 

I SAID WHAT DID YOU DO TO HER?” Frank said, and Greg sighed

“Look it was an accident” Greg said 

“What’s going on here?” Grant said

“WHAT DID YOU DO TO HER?” Frank said and Grant got in between them

“His little brat wouldn’t do as she was told” Greg said and immediately regretted it as he looked at how red Sophies face was. 

“That’s it, I’m taking Sophie out of here” Frank said as he walked towards the stairs

“You’re not even her legal guardian, you can’t just take her” Greg said.

“Try and stop me” Frank said as he walked up the stairs. As he got closer to Sophies room he got angry. He couldn’t believe that Bobby would be so irresponsible by leaving Sophie with Greg. First thing in the morning he was going to ring Mrs.Malloy, and tell her what was going on, and see if he could get Sophie permanently with him. He sat Sophie on the bed and she wiped her cheek with the back of her hand

“I’m taking you to my house ok” Frank said and Sophie nodded. He picked up her school bag and began to pack some clothes into it then he pickup up Sophie and left the bedroom.

“Bye” Sam said as he walked over to the couch to watch cartoons. 

Frank made eye contact with Greg then he walked out of the house and slammed the door. Frank was so angry as he walked to the car. He put Sophie in the back seat and put her seatbelt on.

“Nobody is ever going to hurt you again” Frank said and he kissed Sophie on the head

“I love you sweetheart” Frank said 

“I love you daddy” Sophie said in a soft voice. Frank closed the passenger door, got into the drivers seat and drove away. 

Greg sighed. He just finished explaining to Grant what happened. “I just lost it you know….I dunno, I guess everything has been building up…this whole situation with Frank, and Sophie being here doesn’t help. I didn’t hit her, it really was an accident Grant. I went to bend down and she was in the way and I accidently elbowed her, it really was an accident” Greg said and sighed. “Maybe its for the best, Frank taking Sophie..give everyone a chance to cool down” Grant said as he sat opposite Greg at the dining table. Greg looked at him. He wasn’t sure how Bobby was going to react. “It really was an accident, I didn’t mean to hurt her” Greg said as Grant looked at him. “Hopefully Bobby will understand” Grant said and he got up and gently put his hand on Greg’s shoulder and walked away to his bedroom.

Background music ends

Bayside Diner After Dark- Summer Bay

“Hello Bayside Diner After Dark”  Colleen said as she answered the phone

“You want to speak to who?....oh Carly…she’s not here yet. Would you like to leave a message..alright then…bye” Colleen said and hung up the phone.

“Oh Carly, you just missed a call” Colleen said 

“Who was it?” Carly said 

“He didn’t leave his name” Colleen said

“I guess it wasn’t important" Carly said as she walked away. 

Caravan Park- Summer Bay

“This looks great Pippa…I’m starving” Steve said as he sat at the dining table. He just got back home. 

“Well there should be enough for leftovers for tomorrow night when me and Sally are gone. Are you sure you don’t want to come with us to see Alex?” Pippa said as the door opened. She looked up to see Frank and Sophie.

“Sophie is staying here tonight” Frank said as he walked into the house. He put Sophie’s bag on the couch and sat her on the chair next to Sally. Pippa could see that Sophie’s eyes and face were pink, like she had been crying. She followed Frank into the kitchen. She could tell that he was angry.

“Did something happen?” Pippa said

Background music- Frank and Bobbys theme

“Sophie left her teddy bear in the car after I dropped her home. I took it back and when I got there, Sam told me that Sophie had been crying. Pippa, I found her under the table crying her eyes out. Greg hit her” Frank said

Are you sure?” Pippa said concerned. “She was afraid to come out to me, her dad, and her face was red. IHe said it was an accident. I had to get her out of there before I strangled him” Frank said as he clenched his fists. Pippa sighed

“Where was Bobby?” Pippa said

“That’s another thing, she wasn’t even there. First thing in the morning, I’m phoning Mrs. Malloy to get Sophie out of there permanently. Even if she has to be placed in your care, I don’t care, she isn’t going back to that house. Not as long as Greg is around” Frank said annoyed then he picked up two plates and walked out of the kitchen as Pippa sighed.

“I’m back” Bobby said as she closed the backdoor and put her keys on the table.  She walked over to the couch where Greg and Sam sat watching cartoons

“Uncle Frank took Sophie away” Sam said as Bobby looked at Greg

“What does he mean Frank took Sophie away?” Bobby said confused and Greg sighed

“There was a bit of an accident…Sophie accidently knocked the plate of food on the floor. I admit I was a bit annoyed” Greg was interrupted “And?” Bobby said annoyed

She was turning and I accidently elbowed the side of her face, but it really was an accident and when Frank turned up, Sophie was hiding under the table and crying he got some of her clothes and took her” Greg was interrupted

“And you let him take her?” Bobby said annoyed and began walking away

“Bobby I’m sorry, it was an accident” Greg said as he pulled Bobby’s arm. Bobby pulled away and grabbed her keys and rushed out of the house. 

Background music ends

great chapter.

16 hours ago, Red Ranger 1 said:

It's not particularly good that Sophie's still that withdrawn and Frank ignoring the problem won't help.Bit meta with him meeting himself!

I agree with RR1 poor Sophie.

Let’s hope Bobby and Frank can sort it out for Sophie’s sake 

Update again soon :)

Edited by Kristen

Chapter 547

Stewart Residence- Summer Bay

Emma put each plate down carefully as she set the table for dinner. She could hear Sandra talking but she wasn’t listening to what she was saying. 

“What do you think?” Sandra said as Emma put the knives and forks on the table

“Emma!” Sandra said and Emma looked at her

“What?” Emma said 

Did you hear a word of what I said?” Sandra said

“What?” Emma said

“I said Viv invited us to come and visit again. Stay for the weekend” Sandra said

“I don’t know” Emma said 

“Why not, it will be fun, they have a big house and they live a few minutes from the beach like here” Sandra said

“I’ll think about it” Emma said 

“What’s there to think about, its not like you are doing anything else” Sandra said and Emma looked at her

“Just leave me alone” Emma said and rushed out of the kitchen and into the bathroom. She closed and locked the door behind her just before she burst into tears. 

Caravan Park- Summer Bay

“Sweetheart, you sure you don’t want your dinner” Frank said as Sophie hugged him tight. He could feel her shaking her head no. She immediately stopped talking again. He was so angry with Bobby. He couldn’t believe that Greg hit Sophie, or why Bobby would leave Sophie in his care. Finlay stared at Frank as he held Sophie. He was such a good father, and she couldn’t wait for him to be a dad to their kids one day. Finlay gently tapped Franks foot with hers and he looked at her but didn’t react. After what happened this morning, she knew he wanted her. 

Pippa looked up from her plate and could see the look for anger on Frank’s face then they both looked at the door when they heard a key opening the doors lock. Frank locked eyes with Bobby then she turned around and closed the door behind her. 

“Hi” Bobby said and Finlay silently sighed and rolled her eyes. 

“Hello Sweetheart” Pippa said as Bobby went over and sat next to Frank

“Hi Frank” Bobby said and Frank ignored her

“Hi Sweetheart” Bobby said and Sophie opened her eyes. Sophie was about to go to Bobby when Frank got up.

Let’s watch some cartoons ok?” Frank said and kissed Sophies forehead as she nodded. He walked over to the couch as Bobby looked at Sophie. 

“Sal go upstairs and pick your clothes” Pippa said

“But I want to watch cartoons too” Sal said 

“You can watch cartoons later” Pippa said

“Ok” Sally said reluctantly and walked up the stairs

“How are Viv and Tammy?” Bobby said 

“Yeah, fine..I’ll just go upstairs..ill wash the dishes later” Steve said and Pippa nodded. Bobby got up and walked over to the couch and sat next to Frank and Sophie. She gently caressed Sophie’s cheek.

Ill take Christopher upstairs and change him” Finlay said

“Thank you” Pippa said

“Frank” Bobby was interrupted

“Not in front of Sophie…in the spare room..sweetheart you sit here, and Ill be right back ok” Frank said and he gave Sophie her teddy bear and covered her with a blanket that was on the couch. Frank got up from the couch and Bobby followed him into the spare room while Pippa watched concerned.

Frank turned the light on and closed the door behind Bobby. “What the hell was you thinking?” Frank said annoyed

Frank I don’t know what happened. I just left for a few minutes to go to the resort and when I got back, Sam told me you took Sophie” Bobby said 

“I tell you what happened, your boyfriend hit my daughter” Frank said annoyed

“He said it was an accident” Bobby said

“You wasn’t even there, so how do you know if it was an accident or not?” Frank said 

“I know Greg, he wouldn’t hurt Sophie on purpose” Bobby said

“I cant believe you are defending him” Frank sand shaking his head

“I’m not defending him” Bobby was interrupted

“Yes, you are. He just undid all the progress Sophie has made. Do you know she’s gone back to not talking again” Frank said and Bobby looked at him and sighed. 

“You might as well find out now, first thing in the morning, I’m ringing Mrs Malloy. I’m going to tell her about what happened then file to have Sophie removed from you, and that animal” Frank said and he opened the door and left the room. Bobby sat on the bed and sighed. She couldn’t believe this was happening. She knew Greg. Sometimes he made comments, but she knew he would never intentionally hurt Sophie.

“Can I come in?” Pippa said and she walked into the room when Bobby nodded

“I’m sure you must’ve heard the shouting”  Bobby said and sighed as Pippa sat next to her

“What happened?” Pippa said

“I don’t know, I was home then I got a call from the resort, so I had to go and take care of something. I told Greg that Frank was bringing Sophie home, and he should give the kids their dinner and I would be back soon..thats all…and now Frank is going to tell Mrs Malloy that I am a bad mother” Bobby said as her voice broke and a tear ran down her cheek

“You’re not a bad mother” Pippa said as she put her arm around Bobby

“Frank thinks I am” Bobby said as she wiped her cheek with the back of her hand

“Sweetheart, I know there has been tension between Frank and Greg” Pippa was interrupted

“Yes, but Greg wouldn’t hurt Sophie to get back at Frank. He knows that would hurt me too” Bobby said

“What did he say happened?” Pippa said

“He just said that Sophie was turning and he accidently elbowed the side of her face. He swore up and down that it was an accident” Bobby said 

“What do you think?” Pippa said and Bobby sighed

“I don’t think he would hurt Sophie on purpose, he knows how much she means to me, but Frank doesn’t believe that..he said Sophie stopped talking” Bobby said

“Well that makes sense. She will retreat back into that place anytime something reminds her of what she has been through” Pippa said and bobby sighed

So I am a bad mother” Bobby said as tears ran down her cheeks

“No, sweetheart your’re not. Sophie loves you, she calls you mummy” Pippa sad

“So why does Frank want to take my daughter away from me?” Bobby said and she started crying

“Oh sweetheart” Pippa said as she hugged Bobby

Background music ends

Bayside Diner After Dark- Summer Bay

Carly stared at Ben as he sat in the booth and ate his dinner with one of his so called friends. Carly had never seen him before, but as always she had to pay for both meals. Carly walked into the toilet and closed the door. She took out the small bottle of vodka from the pocket of her apron and drank it and closed her eyes. The burning of the liquid didn’t bother her anymore just like all the insults from Ben…nothing hurt anymore because this was her life and she had become used to it. 

“Hello Bayside Diner After Dark” Lance said when he answered phone

Dibble Residence- Brisbane

Martin put his hand over the receiver. Lance answered the phone. He heard Lance say hello a few times then he eventually put the phone down. Martin did the same and sighed. He had to find a way to get to Carly. He looked at the calendar on the wall. He had leave in three weeks. He had no choice but to go back to Summer Bay. He closed his eyes and prayed that it wouldn’t be too late.  

Greg walked down the stairs to see Grant mopping the floor

“Sam asleep?” Grant said

Yeah…You didn’t have to do that; I was coming to do it” Greg said

Its alright” Grant said

“Bobby not back?” Greg said

“No” Grant said as he poured the mop water outside and rinsed it clean and put it away

“It really was an accident..this thing with Sophie. I would never hurt her intentionally. Ok, I admit that I cant stand her “so called dad”, but I would never hurt a child” Greg said as Grant looked at him. He could tell he was sincere, but it wasn’t him that he needed to convince.

“You believe me, don’t you?” Greg said

“What I think doesn’t matter” Grant said 

“Yeah, you’re right…well there is nothing I can do tonight, I’ll see you later” Greg said and Grant watched him leave the house. 

Caravan Park- Summer Bay

You want to sleep in mummy’s bed? Frank said as he got to the bedroom with Sophie. She nodded. She had been in her mummy’s old bedroom before. Frank helped Sophie climb into the bed and pull the covers up to her waist.

“Now what story would you like?” Frank said as he help two books up then he looked at the door as he heard a knock

“Is it alright if I come in to say good night to Sophie?” Bobby said. Frank didn’t respond. She kept out of his way by doing some cleaning and washing the dishes.

“Hi sweetheart, did you have a good day?” Bobby said as she sat next to Sophie and put her arm around her. Sophie missed her mum today and gave her a big cuddle. Bobby sighed and closed her eyes to prevent tears from forming because her daughter still loved her. 

“Sweetheart which story would you like?” Frank said and Sophie pointed at the Cinderella story

Sophie snuggled under Bobby’s arm as Frank read her the story. Regardless of anything that had happened today, here they were on the night of their anniversary, with their daughter. Finlay turned the bathroom light off and closed the door. She was about to go into her room when she noticed that the light was still on in the next room. She gently pushed the door open to see Frank reading to Sophie and she smiled. Everyday she was falling in love with him more. What happened between them this morning let her know that he wanted her. It was just a matter of time before they were together. Finlay smiled and quietly went to her room.

Kiana

Nick yawned as he slowed the car down at the red traffic light. It had been a long day, and he hated going to these mandatory training sessions, but at least it got him off patrol for the day. He looked at his watch. He was only fifteen minutes away from home, but he was hungry so he made a note to stop off at the pizza place. As he thought about the toppings he wanted on his pizza he noticed a familiar car turning into the road and parking in at the opposite house. He saw a familiar figure get out of the car and knock on the door. A few seconds later he saw a familiar figure come to the door and kiss the man. Nick looked on shocked then the honking of a car behind him alerted him of the traffic light change then he drove off. 

Marilyn smiled as she saw Grant gently playing his guitar as she closed the front door.

G’day” Grant said as he strummed a melody

“Hi, it has been a long day” Marilyn said as she put her bags down and took her shoes off. 

“I thought I would treat myself and get a new dress for the valentines dance” Marilyn said and she pulled a dress out from a bag

Valentines dance?” Grant said 

“Yes, the resort is having a dance for Valentine’s Day for charity”. Marilyn said and she took the flyer out of her bag and showed it to Grant. He didn’t stop playing the melody on his guitar but looked at the flyer and smiled. 

Oh here I am going on about the dance, and I didn’t ask you how your day was” Marilyn said 

“No worries, it was fine. Nice to get out of Summer Bay for a while” Grant said as Marilyn looked at her watch. “Has Frank been here?” Marilyn said 

“Yes, he was here earlier. He took Sophie with him” Grant said

“Oh, why?” Marilyn said 

“Greg accidently hit Sophie and things got out of hand. I think it was a good idea that he took her so everyone can calm down” Grant said 

“Oh no, maybe I should go over there, to see if she is alright” Marilyn said as she put her shoes back on.

“Bobby is over there” Grant said and he saw the look of disappointment on Marilyn’s face

“Yes, of course she would be there..well I better get to bed then…good night” Marilyn said and faked a smile. Grant sighed as he watched Marilyn go upstairs. She closed her bedroom door and put the bags on the chair opposite her bed then sat on the bed and sighed. Then she got up and reached for the bag with the new dress and took it out. She stood in front of the mirror and looked at herself. 

Flashback

Sales assistant- You look perfect, this is the dress

Marilyn- You think so?

Sales assistant-Absolutely

Marilyn-Whoever he is, is going to fall in love with you at first sight

Flashback ends 

“I hope so” she said out loud before twirling around in the dress and smiling to herself.

Caravan Park- Summer Bay

Steve stared at the ceiling.  Even though his family knew, telling Viv and Sandra made it feel real. He was really leaving Summer Bay in three weeks. Steve sighed then he turned on his side and closed his eyes to try and get to sleep before Frank came into the room. 

Bobby looked down and she could see that Sophie had fallen asleep. She gently lay Sophie’s head on the pillow and kissed her on the forehead then she got up from the bed. Frank kissed Sophie and tucked her teddy bear in next to her and pulled the covers up to her shoulders and sighed. He walked over to the window and stared at the view of the caravan park. He was feeling so many different emotions right now. 

“Frank” Bobby said as she stood behind him. Frank turned around and looked at Bobby. “I know you probably hate me right now, and you have every right” Bobby said in a low voice as Frank sighed and sat on Carly’s old bed.

“I wasn’t defending Greg. I know he hit Sophie, there is no excuse for what he did” Bobby said as Frank stared at her. “What you said about Mrs Malloy…she’s my daughter too Frank, and this hurts..please don’t take her away from me” Bobby said as tears formed in her eyes. Frank sighed. He knew he over reacted, and deep down he knew he wouldn’t do anything to hurt Bobby, or Sophie. “I guess I overreacted” Frank said and Bobby wiped her cheek and sat next to him on the bed. “You’re her dad, you had a right to react that way” Bobby said 

“Look at us, what a way to spend our wedding anniversary” Frank said and Bobby sighed. 

Background music ends

Stewart Residence- Summer Bay

“It’s not right Ails” Alf said as he opened the curtain to see Revhead’s car parked outside the house.

“We can’t keep her tied up in the bedroom” Ailsa said as Alf walked away from the window. 

“I know, but he’s far too old for her” Alf said

“And if we stop her from seeing him, shes just going to do it behind out backs and you know how that will end up” Ailsa said

“That’s what I’m, trying to avoid” Alf said and sighed. Surprising that the wild one is tucked in her room while the quiet one is out” Alf said as Ailsa rolled her eyes. 

Sandra and Revhead pulled away from kissing each other. “Your eyes are beautiful” Revhead said as Sandra blushed “You think so?” Sandra said

“Yeah, I do” Revhead said 

“Let me take you out on Saturday night. We have a new cinema opened at the Yabbie Creek” Revhead said

Ok..but I have to be home by 11” Sandra said and looked down disappointed

Whats wrong?” Revhead said 

“I sound like a kid, “I have to be home by 11” “ Sandra said mimicking her voice

“There is nothing wrong with that, your foster parents are right to give you a curfew” Revhead said

“Yeah I know, but I am sure your other girlfriends didn’t have to be home at 11” Sandra said

Shhh I’m with you, and that is all that matters” Revhead said and Sandra felt butterflies in her stomach. She was in love with him, and soon she was going to show him.

Caravan Park- Summer Bay

Frank opened his eyes. Somehow he was lying on the bed and Bobby was lying in front of his. The last he remembered was he and Bobby sitting side by side. It didn’t matter, she was lying in his arms on their anniversary. Frank kissed her ear then the side of her face. Bobby began to move and she opened her eyes and realized that she had fallen asleep in Franks arms. She felt him kissing her ear and neck. She didn’t stop him, and turned around to face him as they began to kiss. It felt so right being here with him on the night of their anniversary. She didn’t stop him as he took of her t-shirt as they continued to kiss slowly but passionately.

Finlay opened her eyes. She couldn’t sleep. The room was too hot. She got out of bed and opened the window then decided to go downstairs and get some water. She quietly opened the door and was about to go downstairs when she heard some noises from one of the bedrooms. She gently pushed the door open and her heart fell to the floor as the moonlight from the window illuminated Frank and Bobby kissing and in the process of taking each others clothes off. Finlay slowly closed the door, and went back into her room before a tear ran down her cheek. 

Harris Residence- Kiana

Greg kissed Fiona with urgency as he entered a place he knew very well. After leaving Bobby’s this is the only place he wanted to come to. Fiona wrapped her arms around Greg. It was not a secret anymore that she was in love with him. A love she never expected, but a love she wanted to hold on to.

Caravan Park- Summer Bay

Bobby kissed Franks chest as she helped him take his t-shirt off. Being here with him felt so right…Frank kissed Bobby’s neck then made his way down to her bare chest where he began to devour her breast. Bobby quietly exhaled and gently ran her fingers through Frank’s hair as her body voluntarily responded to Frank’s touch. Being here with him felt so right. It felt like no time had passed at all…like this was meant to be. Bobby closed her eyes as Frank continued to make her body feel good…then reality began to set in. Bobby opened her eyes and gently pushed Frank away

Frank we cant do this” Bobby said in a lowered voice

“Sophie is sleeping” Frank said in a lowered voice before kissing Bobby on her neck

“Frank, we cant” Bobby said as she moved her neck away

“Let’s go down to the van” Frank said and he pulled Bobby close to him and kissed her. Every part of his body was aching for her right now. Bobby managed to pull away

“Frank no…this is not a good idea” Bobby said and she got up from the bed and grabbed her bra and began to put it on. 

“Wait…I need you right now” Frank said and pulled her towards him

“I can’t do this..we cant do this..I need to go” Bobby said and she pulled herself away from him and put her t-shirt on Frank sighed. He slowly got up from the bed and pulled the blankets down to tidy the bed. He picked his t-shirt up from the floor and put it on just as Bobby kissed Sophie on the head again and left the bedroom. Frank followed Bobby and stood at the top of the stairs and watched her leave the house. He leaned against the door frame and ran his hands over his face. A few seconds later he heard Bobby shut and lock the front door. She was gone. A few seconds later he heard a door open. He turned around to see Finlay by the door. She held her hand out to Frank. He looked at her then at her hand and took it as she led him into the bedroom and closed the door…

Background music ends

Great chapter

I hope Bobby and Frank have sorted things out

Greg you need to stop with Fiona now.

Bobby and Frank getting it on only for her to push him away and Finlay to take the opportunity to make a move.

Update again soon :)

Edited by Kristen

• 3 weeks later...

Chapter 548

Caravan Park- Summer Bay

Finlay opened her eyes. A cold draft made her shiver as she reached out her arm and touched the empty space next to her. She pulled the covers over her shoulders and closed her eyes….

Frank sighed as he leaned on the wall and allowed the water to run over his body. The events of yesterday ran though his mind. He felt like such a failure, and began wondering if he had made the right decision to come back, because nothing is how he expected it to be, and everyday things were getting worse…

Nick lay on the bed and stared at the ceiling. It was really none of his business, but all he could replay in his mind was seeing Greg and Fiona. Bobby was a mate when he needed one. He hated being stuck in the middle even though technically he wasn’t. He felt like he had to do something, but he wasn’t sure what he had to do. 

Beach- Summer bay

Flashback

Carly- I’m going to fall

Matt- No you’re not just hold on to me

Carly- Matt I’m going to fall

Matt- No you’re not, just look ahead, don’t look down

Carly- Ok, just don’t let me go

Matt- I won’t ever let you go

Flashback ends

Carly wiped the tears from her cheek as she remembered the time when Matt was teaching her how to surf. It felt like such a long time ago…a different lifetime…a time when she was happy. A time when she was with someone who loved her. Now none of that mattered, this was her life now.. She probably deserved it Carly though to herself as she got up from the sand and made her way back home. 

Background music ends

Beach- Summer Bay

Shaunna stopped swimming and ran out of the water and along the beach. Eventually she stopped, looked at her watch and smiled. She was 30 seconds faster than her personal best. She picked up the towel on the sand and began to wipe her face, neck and arms. She began walking back to the surf club as she thought about the great dinner she had with Mrs. Ross and Haydn. Last night Mrs. Ross was showing her photos of Bobby and Franks wedding, and told her how Bobby ended up being her niece. 

“Oops, sorry” Shaunna was brought back to reality when she realized that she almost bumped into Shannon. “No its my fault, I was miles away” Shaunna said. 

No it really was my fault, I should’ve been looking where I was going…well I’ll see you later” Shannon said and began to walk away. 

“Hey is everything alright?” Shaunna said and Shannon sighed

It’s nothing, I don’t want to bore you with my problems” Shannon said 

“As they say, a problem shared is a problem halved” Shaunna said and Shannon smiled

“I’ll keep that in mind” Shannon said

Do you want to grab a coffee or something? Shaunna said 

“I have to get going to my parents’ house…maybe another time?” Shannon said 

I’ll hold you to that” Shaunna said and Shannon smiled

“Absolutely” Shannon said and smiled as she walked away. 

Greg whistled as he wiped his body after he got out of the shower. He had a great night with Fiona that made him forget what happened yesterday. He threw the towel into the dirty towel bin and grabbed his t-shirt and trousers. He put them on then opened the bathroom door.

G’day” Greg said as he saw Shane

what’s good about it?” Shane said and he left the house as Greg laughed

“Someone is in a bad mood” Greg said as Nick briefly looked up at Greg then continued to read the paper and drink his coffee. 

“Hey I was thinking, maybe we should have a blokes night out this weekend. After the week I have had, I need it” Greg said as he poured some cereal into a bowl. “There is a new club open in the Yabbie Creek..what do you reckon?” Greg said as he poured some milk in his bowl and sat opposite Nick. Nick sighed then he got up from the table and walked into the kitchen as Greg looked at him.

“Is there something wrong? Greg said confused

“No” Nick said as he washed the cup and put it on the side

“Are you sure? You haven’t said two words to me” Greg said as he put some cereal in his mouth. Nick looked at Greg eating and sighed. “There is nothing wrong” Nick said and he walked out of the living room. Greg shrugged his shoulders then continued eating his cereal. Nick turned and looked at Greg before he went into his room. He usually kept out of the business of other folks but Bobby was a mate, and he hated that Greg was cheating on her. Now he had to decide if he was going to do something about it. 

Beach- Summer Bay

Background music- Greg and Bobby’s theme

Bobby sighed as she walked along the beach. It felt like déjà vu. She was here yesterday, and now she was back here again. Bobby sighed and stopped walking. She threw her shows on the sand and sat down and stared at the water. The water was still clear and blue. As Bobby stared at the water she started going over what happened yesterday with Greg hitting Sophie, and what she almost did with Frank and started feeling guilty. Being with Frank always felt so right, and her body always reacted to his touch, but she knew what would’ve happened if she let it. She would be potentially ruining everything she had worked for, and she wasn’t going to do that. Greg and Sam were her future. Bobby inhaled deeply then she exhaled and looked at her watch.She had to get home soon to get Sam ready for the creche.

Flashback

Bobby- This is lovely Greg, thank you.

Greg- Every time you look at it, I want you to remember that I love you, and every tick of the clock is me counting down until when I can see you again

Flashback ends

Bobby smiled as she looked at the watch and pressed it up to her chest as she thought of that special time at Christmas when Greg gave her the watch. She knew she wanted to be with him, and she realized that she needed to stay away from Frank if that was going to happen. As Bobby began to walk back to the beach house, she once again saw a familiar face sitting on the sand. She walked over to Emma and the closer she got, she realized that she was crying again

“Emma, this is the second time I’ve seen you like this what’swrong?” Bobby said as she knelt infront of Emma.

“Oh Bobby…please help me” Emma said as she burst into tears and held on to a confused Bobby.

Greg washed the breakfast bowl and put it in the rack next to the sink as Nick came out of his room

I’ll ask Adam and Ben if they are up for a night out” Greg said as Nick turned his back to him

“Look if I’ve done something mate, at least tell me. We live under the same roof” Greg said and Nick turned around and looked at him

“I don’t like to get involved in other people’s business, but Bobby is a mate, so I have to say something…I know about you and Fiona” Nick said as Greg stared at him with a shocked look on his face. 

Background music ends

Caravan Park- Summer Bay

Pippa opened the front door to see Marilyn smiling at her

“Good Morning Mrs. Fletcher, I hope I didn’t wake you” Marilyn said

Good Morning Marilyn. No, we are all awake” Pippa said

“Is Frank home?” Marilyn said 

Yes, he is, come in” Pippa said and She opened the door for Marilyn to enter the house

Oh, there he is” Frank said as he came into the living room.

I’ll go up and help the girls get ready” Pippa said as she went upstairs.

G’day” Frank said 

“Hi, I hope you don’t mind me coming over, I heard about what happened yesterday, and I wanted to see if Sophie was alright” Marilyn said 

Physically she’s fine, but shes back to no talking again” Frank said and sighed

Oh that is a shame. She was doing so well” Marilyn said

Background music- Have you ever been alone

“Yeah I know. Lets go outside” Frank said 

“ok” Marilyn said as she followed Frank outside and they sat on the bench near Marilyn’s car

“Are you ok?” Marilyn said after a short uncomfortable pause

It just hurts to see your little girl cry you know” Frank said and sighed

“I know…I’m sure that Sophie knows that you love her” Marilyn said 

“Yeah, but I wasn’t there when she needed me” Frank said

Oh Frank, don’t beat yourself up about it. What’s important is that she knows that you are there now and that you love her” Marilyn said as she put her hand on Franks arm. 

“Yeah, you’re right…thanks” Frank said and smiled

“You’re welcome” Marilyn said and looked at her watch. “I better get going, I don’t want to be late for work” Marilyn said 

“Thanks for coming” Frank said 

“That’s quite alright” Marilyn said as she got up and walked towards her car

“Hey you were saying something about a dance?” Frank said as Marilyn smiled to herself and turned around and looked at Frank

“Yes, the valentine’s day dance at the resort, but it’s alright, with everything going on ill understand if you don’t want to go” Marilyn said as she got into her car

“Why not, I wouldn’t mind a night out” Frank said 

“Great…well I’ll see you later. Have a good day” Marilyn said as she started the car engine

“Yeah, you too” Frank said and he walked back into the house as Marilyn drove off smiling. 

Finlay watched as Marilyn drove away then she closed the curtain and walked out of the bedroom. 

Background music ends

G’day” Grant said as Bobby came into the house with Emma

“Hi” Bobby said

“Is everything alright..how is Sophie?” Grant said 

“She’s fine. She’s going to stay with Frank today” Bobby said 

“Oh right…anyway, I better get to work before the boss fires me” Grant said and smiled

“Ok..see you later” Bobby said as Emma went to sit on the couch

“Can I get you anything?” Bobby said as she walked over to Emma who shook her head then she burst into tears again.

Background music- Sophies theme (Which is now Emma’s theme)

Bobby picked up the tissue box and handed Emma some tissues

“Are you going to tell me what’s wrong?” Bobby said as she sat next to Emma who wiped her face.

“Bobby I didn’t mean for this to happen, I know I’m going to get into a lot of trouble” Emma said

“I’m sure whatever it is, Alf and Ailsa will understand” Bobby said as Emma shook her head no

“No, they wont. I’ve already caused so much trouble for them” Emma said as she cried

“I know them, they love you that’s why they welcomed you into their home” Bobby said

“Not after this, I know what happened the last time, ill be all alone. They will send me away. I know what happened to Roo” Emma said

“What do you mean?” Bobby said confused and Emma looked at her

“I’m pregnant” Emma said and Bobby looked at her shocked. 

“Bobby I’m so scared…you are the only person I’ve told” Emma said and she cried. Bobby put her arm around her and Emma cried on her shoulder. Bobby now understood what Emma meant and her mind went back to when Roo went to live with Morag. Bobby listened as Emma told her that she only had sex twice and she felt silly for not using protection, but she was so in love that she felt that it didn’t matter. 

“They will send me away, I know they will” Emma said and Bobby looked at her

“Well I don’t think it’s a good idea to make assumptions, but I do think you need to tell them” Bobby said 

“I cant” Emma said

“What about the father…does he know?” Bobby said 

“No” Emma said 

You’re going to have to tell Alf and Ailsa, I mean they will find out eventually” Bobby said and Emma sighed. Bobby was right. She had to get this over and done with. 

“Yeah, I suppose. Will you come with me to tell them?” Emma said as she looked at Bobby. Bobby sighed. She wasn’t really on good terms with Alf, and didn’t want to get involved, but Emma trusted her enough to  tell her, so she felt she had to.

“Ok, I will” Bobby said

“Thank you” Emma said

“You’re welcome” Bobby said and smiled

“You look really tired, how about I go and get Sam up, you can have a nap and ill fix us some breakfast?” Bobby said and Emma nodded her head and smiled

“That will be great, thanks” Emma said as she took off her shoes and stretched out on the couch. She was so tired. Bobby covered her with a blanket.

“Sam and Sophie are lucky to have you as their foster mom…I wish you were mine too” Emma said and smiled. Bobby gently caressed her cheek as Emma closed her eyes. She was tired but for the first time in a long time she felt some relief. She knew that she made the right decision telling Bobby. She put her hand on her stomach and drifted off into sleep. 

Background music ends