Post-COVID material

James Martin

10 hours ago, Lunar said:

I think them not including covid makes sense, given how in advance they film it and the fact it airs multiple eps a week. I know a few dramas have included or are including it like This Is Us, Grey's Anatomy, Chicago Med and its a bit jarring to see on-screen in a 'fictional' setting.

Also "The Resident" has made mention of Covid in at least one of their last episodes screened during Season 3.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The new "Beach set" has made it on screen here in UK. Looks to be done quite well! However its all I can look at!! I've just had to rewind a scene because I didn't pay any attention to the dialogue I was looking at the et instead!

I think it’s great they are not mentioning Covid. It’s an ever changing world and mentioning it or any rules could look dated by the time it gets to screen. Look at Eastenders for example. They had all good intentions by making Covid part of Albert Square life and are always mentioning it  but nobody wears masks anywhere so it seems weird. 

32 minutes ago, ter06 said:

I think it’s great they are not mentioning Covid. It’s an ever changing world and mentioning it or any rules could look dated by the time it gets to screen. Look at Eastenders for example. They had all good intentions by making Covid part of Albert Square life and are always mentioning it  but nobody wears masks anywhere so it seems weird. 

I agree, and Home and Away is a little escapism, which we have never needed so much!!! 

On 06/11/2020 at 23:54, ter06 said:

Perhaps the level of adherence to mask wearing depends on where in the UK you look and how affected by Covid that area currently is, but here (Swindon) I'd say nobody wearing masks is unfortunately pretty true to current reality, so if I was still watching Eastenders it wouldn't seem particularly weird to me (I gave up on Eastenders to concentrate on Classic Corrie, but then switched again to the early years of Home and Away on Prime).

On 02/11/2020 at 19:49, 630si said:

The new "Beach set" has made it on screen here in UK. Looks to be done quite well! However its all I can look at!! I've just had to rewind a scene because I didn't pay any attention to the dialogue I was looking at the et instead!

Has it? They were on Palm Beach in today’s episode.

13 minutes ago, c120701 said:

Has it? They were on Palm Beach in today’s episode.

It wasn't used for very long apparently. There was a few scenes the other week (the one where Ziggy and Tane spoke about him quitting Salt springs to mind, and one between Colby and Taylor) where they seemed to be in a part of the beach we'd never seen before and the camera angles didn't show the water, so I'm guessing that was it.

1 minute ago, Red Ranger 1 said:

It wasn't used for very long apparently. There was a few scenes the other week (the one where Ziggy and Tane spoke about him quitting Salt springs to mind, and one between Colby and Taylor) where they seemed to be in a part of the beach we'd never seen before and the camera angles didn't show the water, so I'm guessing that was it.

I noticed a scene with Willow & Amber on the “beach path” at the park, but we’ve seen that before.

Yeah other than the Tane/Ziggy scene it was mainly Colby/Taylor and Mac/Ari scenes that utilised it a few weeks back - and they ended up interspersed with scenes filmed at Palmy at a later date anyway.

Few caps below - all this is at the bottom of the bank in front of Summer Bay House, Colby and Taylor are sitting a few metres from where the old gate used to be with the name above it:

Spoiler

5uLSQh.jpg

uDLEsk.jpg

bvwMyo.jpg

Aqi0cJ.jpg

L9gZsQ.jpg

I do believe the path in the Willow/Amber scene and a couple of others was a new one too - the one next to the caravans was seen in the same weeks (Roo/Owen come to mind), and it's a bit more established - not quite as neat. ?

Archived