Post-COVID material

James Martin

5 hours ago, Dan F said:

Yeah other than the Tane/Ziggy scene it was mainly Colby/Taylor and Mac/Ari scenes that utilised it a few weeks back - and they ended up interspersed with scenes filmed at Palmy at a later date anyway.

Few caps below - all this is at the bottom of the bank in front of Summer Bay House, Colby and Taylor are sitting a few metres from where the old gate used to be with the name above it:

Hide contents

5uLSQh.jpg

uDLEsk.jpg

bvwMyo.jpg

Aqi0cJ.jpg

L9gZsQ.jpg

I do believe the path in the Willow/Amber scene and a couple of others was a new one too - the one next to the caravans was seen in the same weeks (Roo/Owen come to mind), and it's a bit more established - not quite as neat. ?

Thanks Dan. These were all scenes I wasn’t paying attention to as I was looking at my phone, I remember wondering what I’d missed when I heard that Tane was going to start working at the garage.

If I had been paying attention, although it’s really well done, that red gazebo is clearly blocking something (Summer Bay House?) from sight and the railings are a giveaway as they’re only half logs rather than full logs.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, Red Ranger 1 said:

Apparently all the actors signed agreements and have daily tests.

That sounds strange because surely if it's a government restriction you can't just wave it based on a contract to a tv show during a pandemic. I'm not complaining it does seem strange that they can get away with it. Granted in NSW restrictions have eased quite a bit but this would have been filmed 4-5months ago.

8 minutes ago, hapitoby said:

That sounds strange because surely if it's a government restriction you can't just wave it based on a contract to a tv show during a pandemic. I'm not complaining it does seem strange that they can get away with it. Granted in NSW restrictions have eased quite a bit but this would have been filmed 4-5months ago.

It was a government "suggestion". There was no legal requirement to follow it - my workplace was the same, because it was effectively impossible to socially distance.

1 hour ago, hapitoby said:

I'm not complaining it does seem strange that they can get away with it.

No stranger than contact sport continuing. UK productions would be wise to follow their example instead of following the Neighbours "No touching" model, because having cohabiting couples standing at the opposite sides of rooms just looks ridiculous.

Literally all my friends who watch the show talk about how good it is that the social distancing isn't insane like UK soaps. Of everyone's tested and safe crack on! Watching UK soaps at the moment is so distracting because you're just looking at how far the actors are and camera tricks they're using etc. 

I've noticed that the characters are wearing winter clothes (hoodies, jackets, long sleeve shirts)  which was unheard of before. Few years ago Ada said in an interview that the they're asking the producers to wear something warmer but they're refused because 'it's always sunny in the Summer Bay'). Tbh I'm glad that they started introducing winter clothes because a lot of my friends from Europe thought that we only wore bikini and tank tops.  

I can't remember who it was, but it was definitely mentioned by a cast member that they were being given warmer clothing to keep everyone healthy.

There's another upcoming scene which is quite fun, which the UK obviously won't be seeing until next year. Characters filmed sitting on the fake beach, with a reverse shot from behind (filmed later on) showing them overlooking the real beach.

Archived