Post-COVID material

James Martin

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tbh I don't think the cast is social distancing at all. The producers faced public backlash because on the photos taken of filming after COVID break there were H&A couples hugging and kissing. Those episodes are airing now, and I don't know about other viewers but I can't really see the difference (beside the fake beach). 

8 hours ago, Lila_Q said:

Tbh I don't think the cast is social distancing at all. The producers faced public backlash because on the photos taken of filming after COVID break there were H&A couples hugging and kissing. Those episodes are airing now, and I don't know about other viewers but I can't really see the difference (beside the fake beach). 

Are you watching in Aus? 

Definitely still seeing the actual beach here in UK as it stands. 

As a matter of interest has there been any mention of Covid 19 by the cast in the show?  Do we have the interesting situation where the real world of Covid 19 hasn't intersected with the fictional world of Summer Bay.

2 hours ago, John said:

As a matter of interest has there been any mention of Covid 19 by the cast in the show?  Do we have the interesting situation where the real world of Covid 19 hasn't intersected with the fictional world of Summer Bay.

In an interview Lucy Addario said that they considered including Covid19 storylines, but because the show is filmed in advance they decided not to do it as they couldn't tell what's going to happen by the time episodes are aired.

42 minutes ago, Lila_Q said:

In an interview Lucy Addario said that they considered including Covid19 storylines, but because the show is filmed in advance they decided not to do it as they couldn't tell what's going to happen by the time episodes are aired.

Anyway I hear about that crap everyday already 

The British soaps which are more gritty and real I get, but Home and Away is supposed to be more escapist, so to be honest I think not bringing Covid into the Summer Bay universe is a good call.  From what I hear, international travel in and out of Oz is off until 2022.

• 2 weeks later...

I think them not including covid makes sense, given how in advance they film it and the fact it airs multiple eps a week. I know a few dramas have included or are including it like This Is Us, Grey's Anatomy, Chicago Med and its a bit jarring to see on-screen in a 'fictional' setting.

Archived