2018 Season - UK Episode Discussion

Dan F

Stone the flamin' crows -  Alf, John and Marilyn went OTT with their calling Colby a (super)hero, anyone would think he'd taken the whole of the River Boys singlehanded instead of alongside Mason tackling just two of them Leah and Irene then turn up and after learning the news laud him as well, hope it doesn't go to his head. :innocent:  If he is an ex city cop I can see his caution about accepting a freebie which could be seen as the first step to bribes/backhanders but highly unlikely with Irene/Leah! I have read the criticisms of Kat but she was a good cop in between her bad errors of judgement, she was a local cop and cared about her friends and neighbours. She was wrong not to say anything about Josh being Charlotte's killer right away, but he didn't do a runner did he?  Her heart ruled her head over Robbo and it was her who persuaded him to turn himself in. Jack Holden was also a law unto himself - sorry - always off investigating without letting anyone else know what he was doing - it got him killed. Now it may be Leah genuinely forgot Colby's name but from the way she asked 'Colby isn't it' when she and Jasmine went to the station the next day made me wonder, it was only the day before she was introduced to him. Change of direction in shooting in the station, they're off to the side instead of being opposite the front door.

So far Colby does seem a like good cop who just happened to get chosen to be senior constable in a small coastal town, maybe good to have that experience on your CV.  We all know it's not going to be an easy ride, not just stray dogs, writing speeding tickets etc. He's certainly found that out and he's only been in the bay two days!  He dealt with Jasmine's case very professionally and with kindness, as she didn't have the papers on her he was right to want to check exactly what it did say on David Cantrell's AVO.  First thing I'd do Jasmine love  is change your mobile number and just give your new one to people you can trust.

I don't think  the Morgan's can help themselves, they like to help people in trouble. Robbo did snatch back Raffy from that young yob  a while back so they kind of owe him.

Tori did try and reconnect with Ash on the beach and at Salt, but he was too fixated on what the RB's were up to to properly take it all in.  It did give him a jolt to find out two of them had been arrested for beating up Mason and the new cop. Mason has properly recovered from his back injury don't you think by the way he was being flung about.

Certainly got a bit crowded and tense at the Morgan's Tori trying to stop Robbo from dying, when did she steal drugs btw,:unsure: she is going to have to explain why she is taking so many though. Justin's comment was valid, 'only thing worse than having a criminal in your garage is a dead criminal'. Ash turns up and she has to act all nonchalant, then Colby turns up with the necklace which I thought Robbo had brought Kat, I know he couldn't ask him, but awkward asking her ex I would have thought. Ash then spins out of control and demands to know where they found it not that Colby knew and couldn't say if he did. Got a bit hairy when Ash chased Colby round the back to the police car parked very close to the garage with Justin close on his heels.  Colby did what he had to and nicked Ash, Robbo watching from behind the curtain.

Poor Maggie and the rest of the family too.  Lovely scene with Ben & Maggie on the sofa, her admitting she was nervous and him just hugging her as sometimes words are inadequate. Belle was an outsider who caught cancer.  Good that Roo was there for Maggie when she had her panic attack and Tori was back in doctoring mode long enough to go and see Maggie personally.  Cancer isn't Tori's field of expertise so I don't know if that is why she dodged Maggie's question if she was going to die. It's going to depend on what stage the non-Hodgkin's lymphoma is at before any answers can be given.

When I read what happens this coming week I thought 'not again' :rolleyes:  Also if what I've seen written in a certain TV mag  is true Alf makes one hell of a confession!!!!!!:o

• Replies 987
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was surprised how Alf greeted Colby in the Diner given that he didn't seem particularly impressed when McCarthy arrested him for fighting with the River Boys.  If I didn't know better I'd swear he fancies Jasmine.  I know there is an issue of evidence but there is a facility on the iPhone to block certain numbers so you don't receive calls or texts and am surprised Jasmine didn't use it.

Justin's right that Ash won't forgive Tori if he finds out about Robbo but I actually think that would be a good thing as she could do so much better than him.  Whilst I think what she is doing is bordering on craziness I can't help but admire her dedication to a patient.  She's taking a hell of a risk though and she could potentially lose her career and freedom.  Given his attitude towards Colby I was glad that Ash got arrested, especially in that manner.

I was probably always going to find the cancer storyline with Maggie hard to get into as she's not my favourite person (although I have quite warmed to Ben).  It also doesn't help that it has been done to death to the point where I'm somewhat desensitised.  I thought she had a panic attack previously or something similar, virtually at the same spot when Raffy broke into the school last year.

1 hour ago, H&Alover said:

Well Red, Colby does have a secret - of course he does - which is revealed next week!:o  Any guesses people?

23 minutes ago, christine king said:

Colby has more secrets than you think, that was just the first :wink:

14 minutes ago, pembie said:

I already know what it is and boy it had me rolling my eyes :lol:

Well how about the three of you not discuss it at all or at least have the courtesy to use spoiler tags.  Yes, I know it's not strictly a spoiler in the truest sense of the word but it's definitely a teaser and they shouldn't be allowed either IMO!

2 hours ago, H&Alover said:

We're not discussing it, just guessing at what it/they could be.  Nothing wrong with teasers gets the old grey matter working.

But some people don't even want teasers - that's why any of that, if anyone feels the need to do so, should be contained in spoiler tags.

It's one thing saying "he has a secret" if that's been made clear in the episode, and to discuss genuine ideas as to what it could be without knowing in advance (which doesn't seem to apply to any of those posts)... but to specify it's being revealed next week, and for those who clearly watch at Aussie pace to then come in and start teasing further details, is where it becomes frustrating.

If any UK viewers want to get hints at what to come then they know exactly where to look, others don't need to come in and do it for them.

I'd love to spray Ash with something itchy that would irritate his skin. I can't stand him. Does Tori seriously see herself having a future with a guy whose temper is so volatile? She'd never have peace with him, there would always be something to set him off.

Ben's a lot nicer now than when he first arrived.

It's a shame that the big stunt that they've been trailing for about a week and given a made-up episode title to (which, as with naming an episode The Crash when nothing crashed in it, seems vastly inappropriate although at least it was the cliffhanger) is dependent on two whopping great plot coincidences that had me groaning "Oh come on!" First, Justin stealing a car which I guess we're meant to assume was actually Robbo's car, complete with a photograph that sends him onto the astral plane.(Given how long Robbo's been in town, I'm guessing it's been there a lot longer than the two months Alf claims.Unless maybe Novak left it there?) Second, the news of Robbo's whereabouts coming through at the exact moment for Ash to hear it, with Colby's competence taking a huge dent already with his handling of the situation.Letting Ash go with a telling off is, I guess, what Dixon of Dock Green would have done (ask your grandparents), but just letting him drive off like that when he's meant to have him in custody..? Mind you, he also managed to just appear out of nowhere when the gas explosion happened, so points for that I guess.So, another disaster that's wholly down to the illegal actions of our main characters, partly Ash but also Robbo, Justin and by extension Tori, all of whom seem to think they're above the law and yet I imagine we'll get a load of fresh air as consequences.Part of me thinks Justin should have just walked away and let Ash do what he wanted to Robbo, at least then it'd only be the criminals getting hurt instead of the innocent bystanders.

Maggie's cold behaviour is believable but doesn't make her particularly sympathetic, while Ben trying his best to be practical felt a lot more admirable.I can't help thinking he was using the wrong argument for telling the girls, especially since his claim that they'll act normal doesn't even make sense.Coco has been killing herself with worry waiting for the news, scared they're keeping something bad from her, and Maggie promised her they'd tell her when the results came.Yes, the news isn't exactly going to make her happy, but deliberately keeping her in a limbo of hell seems cruel.

I'm guessing from the promo and the big close-ups of the clock that screamed "Look at this because it's going to be important!" that instead of carrying on next episode we're going to get one of those "leap back in time to see what everyone else has been doing in the meantime" episodes. What fun.

Archived