Look to the Future (by Red Ranger 1) - comments

Ludub

Amazing chapter, Red! Loved it! :) Liked that Alf didn't blow a gasket and talked to both Roo and Frank in a civilised way... and that he was basically happy for her because he could see that having the baby and the husband is what she wants. He was a good dad here. Absolutely adored the scenes with Heath and April (again, very surprised by this because of my long-lasting dislike of her but she was great in these scenes). Loved how you wrote Heath and Cheryl in that scene at Chez Braxton. "You'll do" :lol: I always loved Cheryl as a character. Great fun. VJ with the baby was sweet too. It does take a lot of work to keep a person alive. I don't envy him that. And finally, Brody and Indi? I approve :wub: Looking forward to the next chapter x (are we nearing an ending here, I feel like we probably are???)

Great chapter 

so glad Alf didn't go off at Roo for getting pregnant.

Frank and Roo getting married third time lucky.

I didn't like April and Heath in the show but they are growing on me in this story.

update again soon :)

8 hours ago, Ludub said:

Absolutely adored the scenes with Heath and April (again, very surprised by this because of my long-lasting dislike of her but she was great in these scenes). Loved how you wrote Heath and Cheryl in that scene at Chez Braxton. "You'll do" :lol: I always loved Cheryl as a character.

7 hours ago, Kristen said:

I didn't like April and Heath in the show but they are growing on me in this story.

Thanks, peeps! I think that's the first time I've actually written for Cheryl, it was surprisingly fun to do.

8 hours ago, Ludub said:

Looking forward to the next chapter x (are we nearing an ending here, I feel like we probably are???)

Yep, the next chapter will be the last one.I'm hoping it'll be satisfying, have to wait and see...

Cheryl has a way with words (So you doing each other) :lol: Heath's responses to the way he felt about April were priceless untill he admitted he loved her :lol:

Alf must have soften in his old age he didn't blow a casket over Roo and Frank :)

Things are about to get steamy for Brody and that's not just in the kitchen

Look forward to your last chapter of this story.

• Like 1

Makes sense for Roo and Frank to get engaged and I’m REALLY not sure about Brody/Indi …..but that’s only cos I like Brody and don’t like her.

Also, LOVED these exchanges ……

April looked him up and down.Surprisingly for someone whose wardrobe mostly consisted of boardies, he’d managed to find a proper set of trousers and a green shirt that actually had sleeves.“You’re making an effort.”

Dexter watched them from the other side of the room.Lottie noticed his gaze.“Do you want to make out with me so she knows you’re not bothered?”she asked.

Dexter considered the question and the potential pitfalls of various responses.“I want to make out with you but not for that reason?”he came up with at last.

Lottie smiled.“Right answer,”she confirmed and kissed him.

6 hours ago, pembie said:

Alf must have soften in his old age he didn't blow a casket over Roo and Frank :)

Things are about to get steamy for Brody and that's not just in the kitchen

2 hours ago, JosieTash said:

Makes sense for Roo and Frank to get engaged and I’m REALLY not sure about Brody/Indi …..but that’s only cos I like Brody and don’t like her.

Thanks, guys! Yes, things seemed to work out okay between Roo and Frank.For some reason, when I was wondering which past character Brody could end up with, Indi just sprang to mind.

Great chapter!

Surprised at how quickly Roo and Frank have moved. But it makes sense if they're having a baby and love each other. Hope it lasts! (and with one chapter left it looks promising)

Liked Brody and Indi. And liked that both Cheryl and Darcy have seemingly accepted April and Heath.

Looking forward to more! :) 

7 hours ago, ~JarlieFanEver~ said:

Frank and Roo getting married. I never watched them together on the show years ago because I was a little girl, lol. I just watched old H&A video clips of them.

4 hours ago, KittCatt said:

Surprised at how quickly Roo and Frank have moved. But it makes sense if they're having a baby and love each other. Hope it lasts! (and with one chapter left it looks promising)

Thanks, guys! I didn't watch Frank and Roo the first time round either but I saw it all in the repeats. Hopefully get the last chapter up by tonight!

• Like 2

Great ending! You've certainly paired everyone off! Except Irene and Alf it seems...

Really liked that Maddy came back for Roo's wedding. Liked Oscar and Maddy's chat, though I still find it a bit cruel that Evie doesn't know her twin is actually alive.

Sid and Tori sounds like a good idea, though now Brody has to add his sister and his girlfriends father to the flow chart.

And I'm so glad Roo's wedding went smoothly. Sounds like a happy ending for everyone! :) Thanks for sharing :)