Top 5 emotional scene

Blaxland 89

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 18. juli 2016 at 2:36 AM, Luke39 said:

OH Phoebe was Rich. Basically ignored him for months, when he was a choice choose some idiot over him. But oh now Phoebe is the centre of attention, she thinks she has the right to say goodbye to KYle, you were the one love of my life. No Phoebe you are the one love of your life, the quicker you realize that, the happy you well be :lol:. It's funny who is Meg and Blake? I only started watching this show prob when I was 11 in 2001, so I don't have a very good memory. Prob remember more from 2004 onwards, is when I started watching reguarly. A recent moment that I Felt was Sad, was Maddy leaving Matt. I knew their run wasen't so popular around these quarters :D. But I shipped them, and felt really bad for Matt. 

Heh? Rich? I though she seemed nice to him

On 18. juli 2016 at 7:26 AM, SunnyG12 said:

Meg and Blake were played by Cathy Goldbold and Les Hill. Les was a regular character for a few years and Meg was only around for six or seven weeks in 1992, so it was before your time. She had leukemia.

I'm pretty sure the final scenes are on YouTube.

Even now, they're known to be one of the most well crafted scenes Home and Away has produced.

Cathy and Les were both highly capable actors and it was the first time leukemia was handled as a storyline by the soap.

Was Blake that character that was married to Sally's friend Sophie? I remember seeing some episodes where they where visiting and Flynn got stuck in a mountain walk or something 

There are loads, both old and new I could mention. I think the most recent one was Tony finding Jack's bloodied body, mainly because the acting was just so good.

However, my all time favourite is from 1988, when Mr Bertram confronts Pippa in her home, explaining how he's been made an outcast due to his disability, then asks "are you afraid of me too?". It's one that probably has to be seen in context, but it was a real gut-punch for me when I first saw it.  

On 20/07/2016 at 4:09 PM, -Andrew- said:

However, my all time favourite is from 1988, when Mr Bertram confronts Pippa in her home, explaining how he's been made an outcast due to his disability, then asks "are you afraid of me too?".

I remember this one, though I've not seen it since it originally aired. If I remember rightly Pippa asked if Walter if he wanted to hold baby Christopher, but Walter said "no" in case he might drop him.

I'm not sure what it says about the current state of the show, or maybe my selective memory, but even though I've seen pretty much every episode, I can rememeber a lot more clearly the emotional scenes from 10 or 20 years, nearly 30 years ago, than those which have happened in the past 5 or so years.

On 16. juli 2016 at 5:02 AM, emmasi said:

I've blocked out a lot of bad memories from this show so I'm having to dig a bit :P The ones that immediately come to mind are:

- Casey's death

- Barry telling Kim that his mother drowned his baby brother in a bathtub

- Robbie sitting alone and having flashbacks to turning off his grandfather's life-support

- Aden getting arrested for some reason (can't quite remember what) quite soon after we learned about his sexual abuse, and being pinned down, screaming, on a mattress by the cop (possibly Angelo) *shudder*

- Kim hearing Zoe "die" over the phone. That one's a bit random, but the absolute horror and helpless of the situation (if it had been real!) has always stayed with me. Plus, my baby was so scared :(

Now I feel all cold inside...

On 16. juli 2016 at 11:48 AM, Jacklost said:

Wasnt he arrested because they though he made Annie drink alcohol? I agree tho that these scenes are sad :( No show has ever touched me so emotional like Home and Away

No, I think emnasi meant the scene where Aden had his breakdown and held his father (and tried to kill him) and Rachel as hostage, and Angelo and other police officers ran into the shed and pinned Aden down the floor and arrested him. It was straight after the olympic cliffhanger episodes in 2008 (which were aired in Norway in 2010). 

Aden was never arrested for giving Annie alcohol, he was only charged. 

Archived