Top 5 emotional scene

Blaxland 89

Hunter is really a Wannabe Aden heh. I loved the periord in Home and Away. When Aden, Nicole, Morag, and Roman were living together. Aden was really one of the best characters, maybe the last great Teen Character. Alot of the characters currently have potential. But back then the writing had so much depth. And they actually developed characters. 

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Ludub said:

That scene where the police burst in and arrested him was when he'd been holding his father and Rachel hostage for a number of days locked in the garage. Belle called the cops on him, and yes, I think it was Angelo that pinned him down (poor traumatised Aden screaming his head off). Aden had just discovered that his father not only knew about the abuse that he'd suffered at his grandfather's hands, but that he'd been abused as a child too. The realisation that his father had actually knowingly invited a paedophile into the house, and essentially left him to it with his children, just flipped a switch in Aden's brain. His father was clearly in a right mess from all the drinking, and injuries from his hit and run accident, and had initially insisted that he didn't want to go to hospital. Aden had been keen to get him help until Larry revealed the truth about his own abused childhood, and from that point on Aden was determined to let his father die. Rachel just ended up embroiled in the whole thing because she turned up on the doorstep sticking her nose in where it wasn't wanted.

Yes, and the annoying little brat accused him of trying to get her drunk so he could take advantage of her (lies, all lies!). That was when his unlikely friendship with Morag began and we got our first glimpse of the sensitive damaged soul that was Aden Jefferies 

I miss that, Morag being a main cast and connecting with the characters like with Romeo in 2011

Just now, Luke39 said:

Hunter is really a Wannabe Aden heh

Aden had a real reason for being messed up when he first appeared, and the things he did were much more about mental breakdown stemming from long term trauma than anything else. I think setting a house on fire with people in it is on a whole other level. Hunter didn't really have much of a reason to behave the way that he did, unless they're planning to reveal that he had a much more troubled upbringing than we've been led to believe. I actually think that Tank would have been a much better choice if they'd wanted an Aden type character development in the current show. Tank was a troubled individual with good reason. His mother was murdered and he blamed his father for it. After the assault on Josh and his period of counselling they were starting to show that he had a more sensitive side. He could definitely have become a more interesting character (something like an Aden). I really think they should have hung on to him. The thing with Aden was that he had a lot of charisma too, and you couldn't help liking him especially when he flashed that mischievous grin. Tank could have been that type of character, whereas I think Hunter is mostly a whole lot of bland.

Sorry for getting off topic...

Hmm. This is tricky. :lol:

There's so many I can think of! But these come to mind.

1. Jack's death, that was sad. When Tony learned that Angelo shot Jack at the wake, and having a go at him - that killed me. I found when Tony found Jack to be sad, also, and Martha thinking Jack came to save her in the fire that happened. Always moved me. 

2. Casey's death - Casey was one of the Braxton's I really liked. 

3. Denny being murdered - She was so excited to be going away, finally doing something she promised she would with Casey, and stepping out on her own for her to be killed by Charlotte. I liked Denny, so it really upset me that they killed her off. 

4. Dan's death - Leah's reaction... Those cries... I'll never forget. 

5. Oscar's death - That still kills me, I miss Oscar. :(

One scene that I still remember was when Sally was talking to Lance in 2000 after her non-wedding and she says 'I just hate my life so much.' A terrible thing for anyone to say - and so well delivered by Kate - especially when related to her previous self loathing storyline as a teenager. It's always stayed with me. In fact, as a previous poster said, anytime Sally cries is quite emotional. Kate was always great at the crying scenes.

3 hours ago, ZacxLeah said:

Hmm. This is tricky. :lol:

There's so many I can think of! But these come to mind.

1. Jack's death, that was sad. When Tony learned that Angelo shot Jack at the wake, and having a go at him - that killed me. I found when Tony found Jack to be sad, also, and Martha thinking Jack came to save her in the fire that happened. Always moved me. 

2. Casey's death - Casey was one of the Braxton's I really liked. 

3. Denny being murdered - She was so excited to be going away, finally doing something she promised she would with Casey, and stepping out on her own for her to be killed by Charlotte. I liked Denny, so it really upset me that they killed her off. 

4. Dan's death - Leah's reaction... Those cries... I'll never forget. 

5. Oscar's death - That still kills me, I miss Oscar. :(

Those are actually my top 5 to, plus Flynns death. The show really can move one :( 

For truly heartbreaking stuff, Meg's death is definitely up there. I would also say (in no particular order):

Dale's death. Still sends a shiver down my spine even thinking about it. :(

Donald and Bobby's scene when they realise they are father and daughter.

Flynn's death episode was very moving.

Sally's departure from Summer Bay and her final scene with Alf on the beach. :cryingsmiley:

The episode where Sally finds out that Miles is really Milco.

To be honest I don't think Hunter's actor is bland. I have seen some glimpses of great actor work. But he can't shine without good material. 

He is so much worse written than the likes of Aden, Rick, Jesse, Kane  - just to mention a few. The storyline about him and his crazy mother lacks a lot of good storytelling and some roots i reality.  And then we will never be able to connect to him the same way as we did with those I mentioned and several more. 

I have seen a lot of heartbreaking and moving scenes in H&A during the years, for examples Shanes accident, Shanes death, Charlotte Adam's death, Ruby's downfall, some scenes in the Kirsty/Kane/Danni saga, Seb loosing his mum, Flynn's funeral and many more.

But the one that stood out for me the most is also from the storyline about Aden, and is the one from 4665 were Aden and his father is both breaking down when an injured Larry is asking about his sons forgiveness, and they both are so terrible lonely in their pain (and downward spiral). A lot of kids and their alcoholic and drug addicted parents are sometimes locked up in that kind of spiral and loneliness. That scene was so real, and both actors (esp. Paul Gleeson) did a great job with it. 

Archived