Top 5 emotional scene

Blaxland 89

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After Jacks body was found and the scene where Martha imagines she's talking to him when he's actually dead and she comes out crying and Tony comforts her :( And the scenes afterwards where Tony is grieving, I've never been moved by anything that's non acting that much before :(

I've blocked out a lot of bad memories from this show so I'm having to dig a bit :P The ones that immediately come to mind are:

- Casey's death

- Barry telling Kim that his mother drowned his baby brother in a bathtub

- Robbie sitting alone and having flashbacks to turning off his grandfather's life-support

- Aden getting arrested for some reason (can't quite remember what) quite soon after we learned about his sexual abuse, and being pinned down, screaming, on a mattress by the cop (possibly Angelo) *shudder*

- Kim hearing Zoe "die" over the phone. That one's a bit random, but the absolute horror and helpless of the situation (if it had been real!) has always stayed with me. Plus, my baby was so scared :(

Now I feel all cold inside...

Probably Casey's Death. That was Brutal. Belle dieng in Aden's arms is also up their too. I thought when Sasha left Matt, and he Skateboard off that moved me haha. When Flyyn died. I felt sorry for Indi when Romeo left her in the lurch, and thought Samara did a great job portraying someone who was left in a false sense of security. 

For me, Aden had some of the most emotional scenes in the show and will probably always be my all time favourite character as a result. The scene where Aden has just found out that Belle was dying and locks her out of the house, crying hysterically in Nicole's arms, has always stayed with me. The anguish on his face and the pure visceral pain of that scene was just incredible. That was absolutely heartbreaking! The scene where he confronts his father about the abuse and they end up fighting is another one for me because it was just so raw, and despite the fact that they had to keep it very sanitised for the time of day that it was shown, they still managed to get across just how serious the abuse obviously was, and how emotionally scarred Aden was by it. His scenes at his trial were also extremely emotional when he had to tell the court what his grandfather did, saying it out loud in public for the first time. Just heart-wrenching!  It was very brief but I remember being quite struck by that scene where Rachel is determined to see Aden go down for his crimes but then sees the haunted expression on his face at the police station. It was a very powerful scene. There are actually so many Aden moments for me that it's hard to narrow it down. The show did a very good job with Aden in terms of character development, and that whole abuse storyline, and he was a very strong actor who delivered time and time again when given the opportunity. I miss him so much and I think the show really lost something when he left.

A lot of others spring to mind...Tony finding Jack's body, Casey dying, Ric attending his father's funeral (battered and bruised), Andy saying goodbye to Josh when they were going to turn the life-support machine off, Brax breaking down in the prison cell...

One scene that has always stayed in my head for some reason is the scene between Sally and Flynn, just before he died, where they've been out to Beth's birthday party the night before. Sally starts talking about what they'll do for Ric's birthday in a couple of weeks and suddenly realises that Flynn is going downhill so fast it's unlikely that he'll be there to see it. It's so gut-wrenching and yet it was done in such a sensitive and understated kind of way. They were both such good actors. Flynn's whole death scene episode was heartbreaking of course, but I just really liked the subtlety of that scene, with all the little glances and awkward body language. It was very well judged.

6 hours ago, emmasi said:

I've blocked out a lot of bad memories from this show so I'm having to dig a bit :P The ones that immediately come to mind are:

- Casey's death

- Barry telling Kim that his mother drowned his baby brother in a bathtub

- Robbie sitting alone and having flashbacks to turning off his grandfather's life-support

- Aden getting arrested for some reason (can't quite remember what) quite soon after we learned about his sexual abuse, and being pinned down, screaming, on a mattress by the cop (possibly Angelo) *shudder*

- Kim hearing Zoe "die" over the phone. That one's a bit random, but the absolute horror and helpless of the situation (if it had been real!) has always stayed with me. Plus, my baby was so scared :(

Now I feel all cold inside...

Wasnt he arrested because they though he made Annie drink alcohol? I agree tho that these scenes are sad :( No show has ever touched me so emotional like Home and Away

7 hours ago, emmasi said:

Aden getting arrested for some reason (can't quite remember what) quite soon after we learned about his sexual abuse, and being pinned down, screaming, on a mattress by the cop (possibly Angelo) *shudder*

That scene where the police burst in and arrested him was when he'd been holding his father and Rachel hostage for a number of days locked in the garage. Belle called the cops on him, and yes, I think it was Angelo that pinned him down (poor traumatised Aden screaming his head off). Aden had just discovered that his father not only knew about the abuse that he'd suffered at his grandfather's hands, but that he'd been abused as a child too. The realisation that his father had actually knowingly invited a paedophile into the house, and essentially left him to it with his children, just flipped a switch in Aden's brain. His father was clearly in a right mess from all the drinking, and injuries from his hit and run accident, and had initially insisted that he didn't want to go to hospital. Aden had been keen to get him help until Larry revealed the truth about his own abused childhood, and from that point on Aden was determined to let his father die. Rachel just ended up embroiled in the whole thing because she turned up on the doorstep sticking her nose in where it wasn't wanted.

24 minutes ago, Jacklost said:

Wasnt he arrested because they thought he made Annie drink alcohol?

Yes, and the annoying little brat accused him of trying to get her drunk so he could take advantage of her (lies, all lies!). That was when his unlikely friendship with Morag began and we got our first glimpse of the sensitive damaged soul that was Aden Jefferies 

Archived