Home And Away actors who have been in H&A and Neighbours.

Homeandawayfan.

Over the years due to both shows being almost 30 years old as of 2015, many actors have been in both of the 2 longest running Aussie soaps of all time. Famous ones have been Craig McLachlan and Guy Pearce but I have drawn up a list of actors who have been in both shows.

Actors who were in H&A before Neighbours.

Benjie McNair aka Mal Kennedy played Alan in 1993 for 2 episodes I think.

Kip Gamblin of course.

Rebekah Elmaloglou went from St Sophie to Terese Willis.

Never appeared but twice was shortlisted for Pippa was Jackie Woodburne.

Roger Oakley play a minor role in Neighbours about 2008.

Actors in Neighbours then going on to H&A.

Craig McLachlan went from Henry Ramsay to Grant Mitchell.

Guy Pearce went from Mike Young to David Croft in H&A.

Melissa Bell aka Lucy Robinson played a minor role in H&A in 1996.

Darius Perkins went from Scott Robinson Mark 1 to Gary Samuels. So two of the Robinson siblings actors have been in H&A.

Elaine Smith went from Daphne to a role in H&A.

Same for Moya O'Sullivan.

Alex Pappas was in Neighbours in about 1987 before H&A.

Gwen Plumb went from Neighbours in 1985 to H&A.

Jessica Noad went from Edna Ramsay to Coral King. Madge's mother to Pippa's mother.

Fletcher Humphreys aka Jake Pirovic was in Neighbours years before.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Eve Morey who plays Sonya in Neighbours played a guest character on Home and Away called Paige who was connected to Cam Reynolds back in 2007.

Scott Major who played Lucas in Neighbours also played a guest character in Home and Away who robbed the diner back in 1998.

Bernard Curry who played Luke Handley in Neighbours played Hugo Austin in Home and Away.

Alin Sumarwata who played Vanessa in Neighbours played May Stone in Home and Away back in 2009.

Bobby Morley played Drew Curtis in Home and Away from 2006 to 2008 and played Aidan Foster in Neighbours from 2011 to 2013.

Tim Phillipps played Archie Maddock in Home and Away in 2009 and currently plays Daniel Robinson in Neighbours.

Charlie Clausen played Jay Duncan in Neighbours in 2008 and currently plays Zac MacGuire in Home and Away.

Josef Brown played Dale Canning in Home and Away in 2012 and currently plays Matt Turner in Neighbours.

Richard Norton and Richard Grieve both started out with regular roles on Neighbours as Ryan McLachlan and Sam Kratz respectively before switching to Home and Away to play Simon Fitzgerald and Lachie Fraser.

Didn't Ben Guerens (Toby Mangel #2 on Neighbours) have a role on Home and Away? I wasn't watching during that era though, but I remember reading articles in TV Weeks etc and I think he was involved with Martha?

Listing every character who's had a guest role (or even just auditioned for) both shows is going to take a long while but here's the major ones I could think of that haven't been mentioned already:

Jane Hall, the original Rebecca Fisher in 1989, played Rebecca Napier in Neighbours

Danielle Carter, the second Rebecca Fisher from 1994, had a guest role in Neighbours in 1989

Paul O'Brien (Jack Holden) had a guest role in Neighbours as Eric Edwards in 2013

Bruce Samazan, Mark Gottlieb in Neighbours, appeared as guest character Brad Cooper, Chloe's boyfriend/rapist, from 1996 to 1997 and had a smaller role in 1989

Anthony Engelman, Stonefish in Neighbours, had a guest appearance in Home and Away in 1997

Rhiannon Fish (April Scott) had a recurring role in Neighbours as a friend of Summer from 2003 to 2006

Ivor Kants, Barry Hyde in Home and Away, had a recurring role in Neighbours as the Gottliebs' father in 1994

Terence Donovan, Doug Willis in Neighbours, was the second actor to play Al Simpson in Home and Away, in 1990

Mat Stevenson, Adam Cameron in Home and Away, had been a baddie in Neighbours in 1988 and 1989

Beth Buchanan, Gemma Ramsay in Neighbours, had a recurring role in Home and Away's first year as a classmate of Carly, Roo et al

Antoinette Byron, Natalie Nash Mark 2, was in the very first episode of Neighbours as one of Des' fiances

John Adam, Home and Away's Luke Cunningham, had a guest role in Neighbours in 2013

Robert Mammone had a guest role in Neighbours in 2009, shortly before being cast as Sid Walker

Tessa James was the Timmins' lost daughter Anne Baxter in 2006 and 2007 in Neighbours, shortly before playing Nicole Franklin

Luke Mitchell had a guest role in Neighbours in 2008 before playing Romeo Smith

Sandy Winton, Michael Williams in Neighbours, had a guest role in Home and Away in 2009

Simone Robertson, Phoebe Bright in Neighbours, had a guest role in Home and Away in 2001

Chris Hemsworth, Home and Away's Kim Hyde, was in about 2 episodes of Neighbours in 2002

Christian Clark, short-lived Neighbours regular Will Griggs, probably spent longer in Home and Away guest role Penn Graham in 2010

Jordan Patrick Smith, Neighbours' Andrew Robinson, was in 2 episodes of Home and Away in 2008 as a friend of Xavier's

Lincoln Lewis (Geoff Campbell) had a guest role in Neighbours in 2012

Ben Barber, Neighbours' Rhys Lawson, was in two episodes of Home and Away in 2011 as a River Boy

Brett Blewitt, Brett Stark from Neighbours, was in one episode of Home and Away in 1993

Erin Mullally, Declan Napier Mark 2 in Neighbours, was in one episode of Home and Away in 2012

Louise Crawford, Home and Away's temporary Selina, has had at least two guest roles in Neighbours, as Toadie's secretary in 2007 and as a detective in 2013

And a photo of Frank Lloyd (Neville McPhee) was seen in Neighbours in 1985.I wonder if he gave permission...

And a photo of Frank Lloyd (Neville McPhee) was seen in Neighbours in 1985.I wonder if he gave permission...

In what context? :blink:

Peter Bensley (Andrew Foley) also had a guest appearance in 1986 as an ex boyfriend of Zoe Davis.

Turning the question around, is there any ex Neighbours stars you'd love to see in Home and Away or vice versa that haven't done so yet? And who would they play?

A few of mine:

Alex Blais or Danny Raco as a nephew or brother of Terese Willis

Judy Nunn as Sheila's sister - I would love to see her as the complete opposite to Sheila and I could imagine Judy playing an upper-class/snob-like character.

Beau Brady, Stephen James King, Aleezta Wood and Bree Desborough in any capacity. Perhaps Bree or Aleezta could play Amy Robinson.

Archived