Andy Barrett - Tai Hara

In my opinion both Josh and Andy probably should leave soon, and then we could start with fresh new characters, but there are also others that should even leave before them.. 

Kyle, for example... should never really have come into the show... It feels like he never has had a place in the Bay, and his start was far too extreme. Then he just became a "nothing" character, and the other Braxtons "dog".

Andy is nowhere like that, even if he isn't very good. 

And then we have Ricky and Hannah... who should have departed long ago... 

• Like 3

For me it is also much about the way he came into the show not the time he did it. Far too extreme. Too act like that out of jealousy, because that it was how it was written.

I need a good start and good development to invest in a character. And Kyle's start was unappealing. And after that he became a nonsense character to me, the other Braxton's overshadowed him, he was a unnecessary addition to the Braxtons and it felt that the writers meant that too, that he only was brought in for the desert storyline and cause some friction between the Braxtons. It felt like it was never Kyle's turn to shine, he was just there as the others "shadow". 

I wonder if it would have been wiser if the actor had entered the show as an another character with a better start and been allowed to become a character on his own. And now it feels too late, he has been in the show for 3 years. It would have been better to write him out. I think he and Phoebe should have left together. 

I want these to quit before Andy. I think Andy and Josh should be able to work like brothers, and probably have storyline which allow them to grow a bit before they leaves. And now they are really the only brothers on the show.  Explore the relationship between them better, writers. 

Edited by jodlebirger
  • Like 1

For me it is also much about the way he came into the show not the time he did it. Far too extreme. Too act like that out of jealousy, because that it was how it was written.

I need a good start and good development to invest in a character. And Kyle's start was unappealing. And after that he became a nonsense character to me, the other Braxton's overshadowed him, he was a unnecessary addition to the Braxtons and it felt that the writers meant that too, that he only was brought in for the desert storyline and cause some friction between the Braxtons. It felt like it was never Kyle's turn to shine, he was just there as the others "shadow". 

I wonder if it would have been wiser if the actor had entered the show as an another character with a better start and been allowed to become a character on his own. And now it feels too late, he has been in the show for 3 years. It would have been better to write him out. I think he and Phoebe should have left together. 

I want these to quit before Andy. I think Andy and Josh should be able to work like brothers, and probably have storyline which allow them to grow a bit before they leaves. And now they are really the only brothers on the show.  Explore the relationship between them better, writers. 

I agree with you over Kyle's character. I don't think he should of stayed after that desert story. After that he just became boring and seemed quite pointless. If it wasn't for Pheobe still being in the show Kyle would still feel like that to me anyway. He is quite good in this baby drama story at the moment though

I liked Andy once he moved away from Hannah slightly more and got with Charlotte I still think it was a huge cop out to have him kill Jake though.

• 1 month later...

I think the problem you have is a lot of the current cast were brought in for Braxton story lines and have just existed in the show now the Braxtons have left and are now just doing nothing when they should of been brought in for the story line only, take any for example yeah bring him in as an enermy but don't then make him best mates with them. Andy and Josh should have left when there mum was sent to prison and the storyline concluded because since he killed Jake they've done nothing but make him Heath 2. They need to ship out a lot of the dead wood associated with the Braxtons and start again.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Andy is a character I just find nothing likable about.Maybe we're meant to have forgotten and move on by now, but I refuse to let go of the fact that he's a cold-blooded murderer. Having him help old ladies across the road doesn't change that.Trying to make out he gives a damn about Josh after he spent so long trying to alienate him from the middle-class friends that could have given him a better life than the one Andy wanted for him is too little too late.They took him too far down the evil path to turn him into Heath.When he "jokingly" threatens people with violence, it feels like he means it, especially when he's seriously threatened most of them with violence.

He really is the person in town least likely to do the right thing.For every scene where we're meant to be gooing over Saint Andy being nice to Marilyn (right, she runs away from Oscar in fear but Andy she's fine with?) we get a scene of him mocking Kyle for being upset that his unborn children have died.And yes, he covered for a psycho like Hunter because they're alike, left an innocent girl like Billie who he supposedly liked to rot in jail, and as such is partly responsible for Denny's death.I really hope that gets addressed but I'm not holding my breath.

• Like 2