Are the current producers ruining Home and Away?

JamesC10

There's several people, on both sides of the argument, who keep repeating the same things over and over in here - when anyone dares to point it out, others come out of the woodwork to stir things up by saying we're censoring opinions.

Can't win either way.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What is wrong now? there alot of blame to go around all ALL levels. This is not only for HOME & AWAY but All of Aussie production.

Here in the States we had some Stars bring back Aussie Culture I use to love. Margot is hot here and the Former Kate Ramsey doing quite well on TBTB getting some screen time. Josh Thomas made a name for himself as Please like me was well liked yet the PIVOT network gone and they decided NOT to go for a 5th season.

I understand  the old days are gone Yet as much as I like the shows there just no one who stands out like a Kylie anymore. even though I love to see a Nicole Dickson or Beth Buchanan on TV again. Bobby was so cool. I miss alot of talent yet like in life people move on. Yet I also hurt and disappointed in others. and things have changed over the years and standards and feelings have changed.

1. Problem one. Fan mail I remember a time when the shows were so good at helping the fans. I cant speak for the last few years as I gave up on it and I think you should know why. 1. I had so much bad luck with replies only getting 1 of every 4 letters sent out and with that level of rejection I lost interest. and worse was hearing fellow fans online say how lucky they were getting replies. and I noticed female fans get more responses, 2nd was I asked a source if they would forward mail to someone and they told me they didn't accept anything from fans . I come to accept that here in the USA not from Down Under. To be fair I did hear said actor signed a magazine for a fan so sadly sometimes who have to be in person anymore to be that lucky. Yet I do not like hearing of any fan not getting a reply. I do think the shows do a great job at sending fans cards yet only one bad issue plus a few disappointments had made me think Down Under become as bad as the USA.

2  Problem 2 Trust As I told other fans DO NOT believe everything you read online having talked to people in New York, Sydney and Melbourne I know how the PR game is played by the shows and stars. I do think they have a right to promote their projects as I asked a source years ago why someone wasn't online and have this is an OFFICIAL email from Neighbours. "She only hopes people enjoy her work and that her private life be kept private? and I was told by someone else they have Twitter Instrgram and " "Her Only official Page" on Facebook  which goes against what I was told yet another fan told me " They must have told her to get online for promotional reasons as that the way to promote people projects  Another fan showed me emails from her and I asked my source which told me the PR (agent) guy was doing that which after seeing those pages I agree you can usually tell if its a star or an paid agent doing the replying. I was told by a source NOT to contact a star agent which I heard the same in the USA. Makes me wonder what they being paid for!

3  Problem 3 Good Aussies vs Bad Aussies I sure we talked about when Melissa George made some unkid comments about her time on H&A and she end up saying how sorry she was. Although I feel she has a right to express her dislike for what happen in the past H&A helped make her so she could have said it better. What upset me is there other Aussies who said worse. My worse story I was told is one star who could have ANY ROLE she wanted and was happy to leave as she "loathe her time on the show" dealing with people even though the cast and network treated her like a princess. I know fans are sometimes demanding yet we accept when stars move on like many have to other projects yet when you want things both ways like an actor told us here at a con. He worked on a hit series and the actor bragged how popular he was yet wanted Nothing to do with the fan base and didn't do fan mail One reason I loved H&A and Neighbours and other Aussie shows they at a time put USA actors to shame with their being more open and friendly with only a few exceptions. Sadly some I talked to down under in the last few years have become so rude and almost disrespectful. I was told this by someone not long ago. "Let it go already Mate" when I told him why I didn't like one of his favs.

There are good actors who treat you like a friend if you come up to them I been told, yet some actors do have some issues among the horror stories I heard were

1. One star mum made the comment " Some people do not know the meaning of personal space'

2  As I told a bloke when a star gets married  it changes everything. I know of actors here in the USA and Canada who had jealous mates and sadly so does Down under.stars suffer the same which affects how they act which I was told by someone who knew a star before they got married "Oh he wont interfere" Yea right!

3. As a Fan in the UK said "Not doing fan mail going too far" I read only "very responsive to messages!" ( Ha) Thats been discussed.

I could go into 6 years of details yet I lost friends and sources and got banned and threaten

I end this rant  by defending CH 7 and 10. they want to make their shows succeed I lost my close source in Melbourne because CH 7 tried to lure a Neighbours to Sydney to work and I posted their name on the forum in 2010. That's was the official POV as the actor didn't want to relocate yet that wasn't the only reason!

What could have been if stars stayed and people would come in and commit to more than a season or two,

I love the old Aussie days. they are attempting to redo that by bring back past character to Ramsey Street and making Summer bay into Blue Heelers lite. As of now They trying to be like the USA and with more reality shows and acting like us gives me second thoughts anymore.

I love to see some good stories and icons working as some are yet things could be better.

10 hours ago, Dan F said:

There's several people, on both sides of the argument, who keep repeating the same things over and over in here - when anyone dares to point it out, others come out of the woodwork to stir things up by saying we're censoring opinions.

Can't win either way.

What Dan said. Totally agree.

In fact I find this thread tedious to read.  I can't remember the last time something genuinely new was posted here.

I still don't think it benifits the conversation. By comparing H and A to Neighbors. I know that's easy to do. I find myself drawn to the storylines In Neighbors more atm. Dee/Tyler and Piper. I prefer the character driven drama H and A used to be. Can we go back to 2010 and stop the Braxtons arriving lol? Are they completely responsible for the current format? Yes and No. Mostly no. From what I've read executives make the decisions when it comes to the content. Based on what Dan Bennett said it's not up to him when it comes to diversity. Up to 2008 H and A was the superior show. Since then it's been Neighbors. Neighbors is the best it's ever been. But it took them a few years to get back to that place. Just like it we'll take H and A a while to reclaim. 2015 was the beginning. 

But I still prefer H and A. I think the show needs better balance and pacing. We could go around in circles in this thread for the next Two Years. But until it happens. So Yes I agree both sides are just saying the same thing over and over lol. Me included. Overall I think the show needs to portray Aussie life better. I do find the H and A characters more compelling then Neighbors. I just think they need to return to driving the show through their characters.

11 hours ago, cadyctslover said:

Are any of the mods monitoring this? Not just the repetitive nature of the posts, but also the appalling spelling and grammar.

Literally this entire thread for a long time has had the theme of repetitive posts. It's not just unique to Luke lol, everyone here does it.

On 12/03/2017 at 0:58 AM, Luke39 said:

From what I've heard from majority of Neighbours viewers. They are Hating the Dee Storyline. Tbh Tyler and Piper are the only characters I find compelling in that show ATM.

5 hours ago, Luke39 said:

I still don't think it benifits the conversation. By comparing H and A to Neighbors. I know that's easy to do. I find myself drawn to the storylines In Neighbors more atm. Dee/Tyler and Piper. I prefer the character driven drama H and A used to be.

So do you actually prefer Neighbours or Home and Away?  You say that you only find two of the characters in Neighbours compelling yet you find yourself more drawn to the storylines than H & A even though presumably you find that almost all the other characters in Neighbours aren't compelling.

I believe that both Home And Away and Neighbours are well past their use-by dates. Why they have to drag them on and on forever seems to me they're just doing it to try and be the longest-running series no matter how boring it has become now, especially with today's mind-numbing style and doubly mind-numbing music.

Archived