Are the current producers ruining Home and Away?

JamesC10

5 hours ago, Dan F said:

It was a triple episode, and finding 90mins for H&A on a Thursday evening is bit of a commitment for a lot of people. That's the fault of the schedulers, not those who work on the show.

That's probably part of the reason why more and more are instead opting to watch it online, where it's top of the charts for on-demand figures.

I see that trend to continue as a friend here in America admitted online would become the number one way people watch now.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Dan F said:

It was a triple episode, and finding 90mins for H&A on a Thursday evening is bit of a commitment for a lot of people. That's the fault of the schedulers, not those who work on the show.

That's probably part of the reason why more and more are instead opting to watch it online, where it's top of the charts for on-demand figures.

I know Home and Away is really a drama now more than a soap, but part of the reason people watch soaps is that they're easy to lose yourself in the small bitesize chunks and mostly you know when they're on. Seven are lucky people are moving online as they could quite easy alienate a lot of viewers, or at least the last of the long time viewers, or maybe that's the plan, if they get rid of those who've watched Alf & Irene for years then they can get rid of Ray & Lynne and cut the cast bill significantly. I rule out Ada as she seems quite a personality in Australia, or at least she was a year or two ago.

1 hour ago, c120701 said:

I know Home and Away is really a drama now more than a soap, but part of the reason people watch soaps is that they're easy to lose yourself in the small bitesize chunks and mostly you know when they're on. Seven are lucky people are moving online as they could quite easy alienate a lot of viewers, or at least the last of the long time viewers, or maybe that's the plan, if they get rid of those who've watched Alf & Irene for years then they can get rid of Ray & Lynne and cut the cast bill significantly. I rule out Ada as she seems quite a personality in Australia, or at least she was a year or two ago.

I would not suggest that move yet i wouldn't rule it out?

I think Home & Away is better then it has been in the last few years but still needs a lot more improvement. I think the Billie dying storyline made a lot of people angry because viewers are sick of the depressing and sad storylines. No one is ever happy.

For me, Neighbours is a lot better right now because they are not afraid to use the roots of the show to bring back the viewers. So many people tuned into the show this year when they brought back Dee and most people are still on the edge of their seats with that storyline. I cant remember a storyline in Home & Away recently that has made me so excited to watch, like Neighbours has this year.

The reason the golden years of Home & Away were so exciting is because they werent afraid to develop the characters and make the viewers want to watch them. Right now I simply don't care about the characters. The character of Ash is a good example. How many people has he punched in the show or gotten with? It's ridiculous and it has made his character not interesting to watch.

9 minutes ago, greg098 said:

I think Home & Away is better then it has been in the last few years but still needs a lot more improvement. I think the Billie dying storyline made a lot of people angry because viewers are sick of the depressing and sad storylines. No one is ever happy.

For me, Neighbours is a lot better right now because they are not afraid to use the roots of the show to bring back the viewers. So many people tuned into the show this year when they brought back Dee and most people are still on the edge of their seats with that storyline. I cant remember a storyline in Home & Away recently that has made me so excited to watch, like Neighbours has this year.

The reason the golden years of Home & Away were so exciting is because they werent afraid to develop the characters and make the viewers want to watch them. Right now I simply don't care about the characters. The character of Ash is a good example. How many people has he punched in the show or gotten with? It's ridiculous and it has made his character not interesting to watch.

Yes make the fans happy.

On Friday, 3 March 2017 at 10:42 PM, Light of the Bay said:

Why not go back to good old-fashioned 30 min eppy's Monday to Friday? :lol:

This is something that's been on my mind for the longest time, why aren't the episodes aired normally for five days a week? As far as I remember, we only had two episodes on Thursdays because of the footy. But with 7mate being a thing and the footy being shown there, why doesn't the show go back to being shown on Fridays? Surely Better Homes and Gardens being pushed to 7:30 won't hurt its ratings.

^ It's likely because viewership for the show was already lower on Friday's.

By showing Thursday and Friday's episodes on Thursday both can receive better figures because people are more willing to sit down and watch H&A on a Thursday evening.

Then the overall average viewing figures are higher. It's why they can still claim to be one of the highest ratings shows on C7.

14 minutes ago, cadyctslover said:

^ It's likely because viewership for the show was already lower on Friday's.

By showing Thursday and Friday's episodes on Thursday both can receive better figures because people are more willing to sit down and watch H&A on a Thursday evening.

Then the overall average viewing figures are higher. It's why they can still claim to be one of the highest ratings shows on C7.

Fridays are also a bad night here for shows as well. Given a Friday time slot is not a good thing.

On 3/11/2017 at 2:46 AM, greg098 said:

From what I've heard from majority of Neighbours viewers. They are Hating the Dee Storyline. Tbh Tyler and Piper are the only characters I find compelling in that show ATM. The Billie storyline, well she tell VJ. Was compelling for a period of time. Like Charlotte in 2015. The Dee storyline while compelling. It's not sitting well with the traditional Neighbors fans.

Online viewership seems to be more prominent With this show. Plus 7 is very popular. And caters to an audience. Who are up busy to sit down and watch it on tv. The Mon-Thu episodes most likely still continue. Because Viewership is low on Friday. I don't mind the 3 episodes on Thursday. It really allows things to develop. Story wise. But some times Mon-Fri seems more suitable.

For Home and Away to in its era be great. It Doesent need to go back to its roots. A lot of what's more compelling about H and A compared to Neighbors. Is the set designs. It feels like a show In 2017. Neighbors is stuck in the nineties. Tbh. I think H and A love the Ott drama. Neighbors seems more character driven drama. I just think H and A just needs better balance that's all. The format is fine. Just need to start portraying Aussie life better. 2017 is an improvement though.

On 7/30/2016 at 1:43 AM, Luke39 said:

But I feel like I am watching a show in 2016. With Neighbors, they have seemed to assasinate its history. And I Feel like the Set Designs are stuck in the 90's.

On 8/30/2016 at 6:42 AM, Luke39 said:

At least Home and Away feels like a show in 2016. With the modern sets. Neighbors set designs, still feel like the 90's to me. To me I think Home and Away has progressed so much in the present, it has forgot its past. While Neighbors, is too much in its past. 

On 9/24/2016 at 11:27 AM, Luke39 said:

Neighbors is darker. Story wise it is better. But I dunno I Still prefer Home and Away. Home and Away has seemed to move forward in terms of set designs, it feels like I am watching a show in 2016. Neighbors is still stuck in the nineties. I well say Neighbors is in the past too much, and Home and Away does not respect its past enough. Just my two cents. 

On 10/23/2016 at 11:15 PM, Luke39 said:

People say its more Modern then Neighbours. Because of it's set designs, and beautiful setting. It feels like your watching a show in 2016. Neighbours is stuck in the nineties with its set designs.

On 11/2/2016 at 1:39 AM, Luke39 said:

IT is 2016, things change. So I like the show in terms of set designs, feels like your watching a show in 2016. Neighbours kinda bores me lol, sorry.

On 12/20/2016 at 4:15 AM, Luke39 said:

It could Be Neighbors. And abandon its roots completely. Or it could have set designs that look like the show is stuck in the 90s. I prefer the way they are doing it. It looks like a show in 2016.

On 12/25/2016 at 9:15 PM, Luke39 said:

H and A with the set designs. Does feel like a show in 2016/2017.

On 1/9/2017 at 11:15 PM, Luke39 said:

But for a show in 2017, I Think H and A is realistic. Unlike Neighbores where it feels its stuck in the nineties, its almost unwatchable. 

On 1/15/2017 at 10:23 PM, Luke39 said:

I still maintain I prefer a H and A that feels like it's a show in 2017. A lot to do with that. Is the set designs and the environment. Compared to Neigh Bores. Where it feels in terms of its set designs. Are stuck in the nineties.

14 hours ago, Luke39 said:

A lot of what's more compelling about H and A compared to Neighbors. Is the set designs. It feels like a show In 2017. Neighbors is stuck in the nineties.

Are any of the mods monitoring this? Not just the repetitive nature of the posts, but also the appalling spelling and grammar.

Archived