Are the current producers ruining Home and Away?

JamesC10

13 minutes ago, Bobby Forever Missed said:

So haters can't have an opinion? that too is a broken record someone criticises the show and others in this thread moan and whinge about it

Yes I know how you feel I disagreed with an Aussie on Facebook yesterday and his reply was "Let it go mate!"  Some people need to have an open mind and listen even if they disagree. Slade your getting into an area I use to here in America about Die hard fans. Yes every show has them. and when you pick and choose who a "perfect" fan then it creates hard feelings among fans. Who to say what a perfect fan is?

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Bobby Forever Missed said:

So haters can't have an opinion? that too is a broken record someone criticises the show and others in this thread moan and whinge about it

Read my post properly!  I never said haters can't have an opinion.  In fact in my post that you've quoted I said I didn't like the idea of censoring people.  My point wasn't that these people were "hating".  It was that these opinions are repetitive because the same things are being mentioned over and over by the same people.  So it's not the criticising of the show that I have an issue with but the rehashing of the same points.

Just now, Slade said:

Read my post properly!  I never said haters can't have an opinion.  In fact in my post that you've quoted I said I didn't like the idea of censoring people.  My point wasn't that these people were "hating".  It was that these opinions are repetitive because the same things are being mentioned over and over by the same people.  So it's not the criticising of the show that I have an issue with but the rehashing of the same points.

But those ARE the main points wrong with the show! so in a way telling us not to discuss them IS censoring!

2 minutes ago, Bobby Forever Missed said:

And those of us who don't like the crime/teens jumping into bed crap are allowed to say so no matter how many times okay? good glad that's sorted

I'm not banning you from saying anything. I'm criticising. There's a difference.

But those ARE the main points wrong with the show!

In your OPINION.

so in a way telling us not to discuss them IS censoring!

I'm not telling anyone not to discuss anything.  I'm saying that it's repetitive. This isn't a case of criticising something once or twice.    I'm pointing out something that I suspect quite a few people are already thinking.  Since the threads inception the criminal element and character development in particular have been mentioned continuously.  Now I accept these are legitimate points to make but I do believe some of these people are aware that nothing is going to change anytime in the foreseeable if at all yet they still bring up these points.  Now that's their right but even in Dan Bennett's quote he acknowledges that the "die-hard fans" are a minority so what do the producers have to gain by changing the current format of the show to suit them? So again I'm not telling anyone not to criticise the show.  That's down to the individual poster but if people are allowed to bring up the same points then surely the comments should be available for criticism which includes pointing out that they are doing this. BTW there is actually a rule against this "14) No spamming is to be tolerated in ANY part of the forum. What we define spamming as:.....Posts that for some reason don’t add anything to the ongoing discussion (i.e. posts that express the same opinion repetitively in various topics)".  I do think it's grey area because if someone hasn't watched the show in months, watches an episode and they still don't think anything has changed then that's understandable.

Archived