Are the current producers ruining Home and Away?

JamesC10

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pity then that 5 have no creative input even though they are a big investor. If I was a exec at Channel 7 I would bring in diversity. Seems they are very right wing and want H&A to be all straight and white people which is wrong in today's world. If the H&A team could bring in LGBT characters then they would probably be more like Neighbours which has diversity.

2 hours ago, Edward Skylover said:

Thanks Dan.

I definitely think it's high up executives at Channel 7 who are blocking diversity.

They won't be able to do that forever. Channel 5 is H&A's main investor and I imagine probably a much larger channel than Network 7, so I think eventually they'll have to intervene and the producers will finally have freedom to do what they want. It just depends how long the blatant homophobia goes under the radar.

If Australia ever gets marriage equality. Which i hope will be sooner rather than later (and considering how much Turnbull is on the nose in the electorate, it might be at the next election) That might be the time for people to let their feelings be heard and let 7 know.

17 minutes ago, dee123 said:

If Australia ever gets marriage equality. Which i hope will be sooner rather than later (and considering how much Turnbull is on the nose in the electorate, it might be at the next election) That might be the time for people to let their feelings be heard and let 7 know.

True. I also feel H&A/the Australian gay community (and minorities in general) are in the lucky position that they have international support behind them, especially from the UK, where I presume based on this it is ahead in terms of equality in the entertainment industry.

• 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, Homeandawayfan. said:

I watch Neighbours then I start watching H&A and it just reminds me that Neighbours is closer to H&A than H&A itself. Neighbours is everything H&A used to be, warm, friendly, funny, with a smidgen of shade. H&A is mainly shade with a smidgen of light relief.

I really Feel sorry for Channel 7 & 10..................Really without getting into leaking spoilers They have tried to improve both the hit soaps.,

One thing they need to accept is they NEVER going to be another Kylie........................YEt its human nature to recreate what worked in the past.

Oh the "what could have been" My god I wished people would have taken roles................Yet actors are human beings and they have their priorities.

I agree with you. Ramsey street seems to have more humor........good group of people I only had one bad encounter and the same with Summer bay. As I told Facebook they do not need to bring back Blue Heelers both have!

Watching the current episodes You had a death in the bay while on Ramsey street you having amusing conflict between Neighbours so which is more enjoyable at the moment.

38 minutes ago, Edward Skylover said:

It is a sad day, and I feel quite emotional, but I am starting to wonder if 2017 is the year I give up modern Home and Away. I know it may sound sad the show is just so terrible now.

As someone in Sydney once told me "Nothing last forever" I know I have find memories of past seasons yet in the past years with other shows there  nothing that interests me now. It be great if they could get Rebecca Gibney or Lisa McCune to guest yet as long as Shows Down under and here in America want to make Reality stars and allow bad writing  both shows and fans are going to suffer.

23 hours ago, Edward Skylover said:

It is a sad day, and I feel quite emotional, but I am starting to wonder if 2017 is the year I give up modern Home and Away. I know it may sound sad the show is just so terrible now.

Very true. Seeing as this thread is over 3 years old, in that time nothing has improved, apart from a brief period in late 2015.

1988-2008 was the best years. It has declined since 2009.

9 minutes ago, Homeandawayfan. said:

Very true. Seeing as this thread is over 3 years old, in that time nothing has improved, apart from a brief period in late 2015.

1988-2008 was the best years. It has declined since 2009.

I very much enjoyed Duncan and Caroline Stewart, and Irene's brief relapse into alcoholism but I haven't enjoyed anything else since 2013. I love Roo but the decent older characters don't do enough to make me love the show.

Archived