Are the current producers ruining Home and Away?

JamesC10

I did my monthly activity of giving the current show I try. I lasted a record of 30 second. First VJ out an stag night. I think even if the writing and stories dramatically improve I don't think I will ever be able to get past this and Olivia's age in the current show. She was born over 3 years earlier!!!!! Imagine if Sarah Lou and David platt swopped ages when they had their recast. Corrie would be a laughing stock. I don't know why home and away get away with these things. 

The next scene involved a man threatening Brodie with violence. Nice. Same old thing again. That's when I turned over

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Blaxland 89 said:

I did my monthly activity of giving the current show I try. I lasted a record of 30 second. First VJ out an stag night. I think even if the writing and stories dramatically improve I don't think I will ever be able to get past this and Olivia's age in the current show. She was born over 3 years earlier!!!!! Imagine if Sarah Lou and David platt swopped ages when they had their recast. Corrie would be a laughing stock. I don't know why home and away get away with these things. 

The next scene involved a man threatening Brodie with violence. Nice. Same old thing again. That's when I turned over

If make you feel better I heard other complaints on Facebook about others shows as well. I think some are burned out and do now know what to do anymore. that is all the staff behind the show.

2 hours ago, Blaxland 89 said:

Well he was getting married. So guys who get married, do have Stag nights. Are you saying VJ shouldent have a stag night? It's a pretty common thing for guys who are getting married, for their friends to throw them a stag night. I actually liked that storyline. I thought it was funny how they all pranked him, that he hurt his arm. In any case I don't know who Sarah Lou or David Platt is. But Olivia is 19 from what I recall. I don't think her age is that different originally. In any regards. It's fine to selectively look at the bad storylines H and A did. And make a judgement on the overall status of the show. But I don't think it's fair.

Because imo they did some really good storylines too. Loved the Billie Storyline. Was really strong. Regardless of you agree with What Billie was doing. It had viewers hooked. The Duncan Home coming. Tied the legacy of the show together again, which is the Stewart's. And I enjoyed the Olivia stalker storyline. Played out terrifically by Rochelle. And I also enjoyed the latter half of the year the development of Matt and Evie's relationship. The potential for a younger teen crowd with ELLY and Raffy, and Darcy. So while theirs violence still in the show. Their was a better balance by the end of the year. But that's jmo. 

Olivia was born in mid 1998. VJ was born in the last episode of 2001. This is not represented in the current show as there ages don't match this. Yeah all soap do the age up thing but as said, for me it is something I am finding hard to get past and personally, I still think the actor playing VJ is inapproiate for the role. As many did when he was first cast. 

I know very little of many of the stories you talk of, so it would be unfair of me to comment on them. However I'm just expressing that an occasions I try to give it ago but it's not long before I have to switch over as it won't be long before I see things that made be stop being a regular viewer in the first place. 

I was also drawing a comparison to two characters from a British soap that where both recast around the same age and if they messed around with the age gap it would have made the show look very silly. 

Seems to be too much interest on Violence and making many character Bogans

I like to see what happen years ago when CH 7 tried to get some stars to Sydney.  Although many shows are not open not as they were back then Its still a sound policy trying to cast popular or known actors into new roles.

Do most ppl watching notice age gaps? I diddnt even realise their was a three year age gap between Olivia and VJ. Then again I had no idea Olivia was a pre existing character when she first arrived. But of course I agree, Matt Little while he's grown into the role. Is still way too inappropriate for the role. Would of been good as another character. I do think the show had better balance and pacing by seasons end. I don't think theirs too much violence. I mean it's a lot more spread out then it was with the Braxtons. At least Tori and Brodie particularly contribute to society. I just think they need better balance with depicting Aussie life. 

3 hours ago, Luke39 said:

Do most ppl watching notice age gaps? I diddnt even realise their was a three year age gap between Olivia and VJ. Then again I had no idea Olivia was a pre existing character when she first arrived. But of course I agree, Matt Little while he's grown into the role. Is still way too inappropriate for the role. Would of been good as another character. I do think the show had better balance and pacing by seasons end. I don't think theirs too much violence. I mean it's a lot more spread out then it was with the Braxtons. At least Tori and Brodie particularly contribute to society. I just think they need better balance with depicting Aussie life. 

Agreed. I don't like how the second the recast happened VJ completely changed.

On 26 January 2017 at 9:28 PM, Blaxland 89 said:

I still think the actor playing VJ is inapproiate for the role. As many did when he was first cast.

He had already been SORASed so I guess I wouldn't have been too offended if they'd chosen an 18-year old actor who looked like he could be 16. The fact they chose someone who already looked 25 felt like rubbing salt in the wounds, VJ was a legacy character. I can't take any of his or Leah's scenes seriously now. I feel like we skipped his teenage years.

Archived