H&A vs Neighbours?

Homeandawayfan.

93 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To me the biggest Problem Neighbours has had is the bad writing and loss of actors. Of course that can be said about any series. I feel both H&A and Neighbours could benefit from hiring new Talent both well known and new?

Of course that's sometimes works and sometimes does not. as I heard from other Fans they people leaving the shows every season. I do not blame actors for looking out for their futures and its a big move to leave a series as work hard to find in the business as I always been told here in America and given Australia acting community smaller I say its even harder there.

And just because someone lives in either Sydney or Melborune does not mean they going to be a easy casting choice. Channel 7 once a few years ago tried to get a popular Neighbours to work on a series there and they didn't want to relocate which I can understand even though it would been nice to have had them do another series?

So behind the scenes it isn't as easy as we fans think and In a way I both understand and feel disappointed.

My advice will always be to cast actors who are willing to comment to a long role to allow both the show and fans to warm to them and to not write awful plots.

Then maybe we can go back to some good plots and stories that keep fans happy.

As of now H&A about the only show I support because I love Sydney and appricate my friends there.

N and H have really put Aussie TV on the map and no other Aussie soap has stood the test of time those two have. Most other Uassie soaps such as S&D, Prisoner, A Country Practise and such are long gone. N and H are still in production at 26 and 29 years respectively. I think as for continuity, there is a question, but N and H have never been known for great continuity. I think having no archivist does not help but H&A is better with character birthdays than Neighbours but Neighbours is better at referring to past events.

I have to be honest, I voted for H&A, because it's had a lot of my interest for MANY years.

But, at this time Neighbours has my most attention because I like the storylines with Mark/Kate, Paul/Rebecca... Kyle/Georgia... but always something similarities arise awhile after one has played one storyline they seem to become similar to both H&A and Neighbours. For awhile, I thought both copied but both have been continuously coming into their own right... only every now and then I seem similarities.

• 2 weeks later...

Can't believe Terry Donovan and Rebekah Elmaloglou are now in Neighbours together.

If they are both still happy to do soap, what a pity Sophie asked to come back full time in 2008 like so many were hoping. They could have now had a great storyline with her dad returing. Come on Home and Away. Take an example of Neighbours and have some continuity like you used to.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived