H&A vs Neighbours?

Homeandawayfan.

93 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

On the subject of Neighbours I have completed a wiki of stub articles of every episode ever made from March 1985 to January 2014, which is where we are now. It took a while to make pages for every episode ever made and to have a link to prev episode and next episode but it is finally done.

I think the 7000th episode will be towards the end of the year and then it is the shows 30th anniversary. But I still think H&A will outlive Neighbours even if both have several years in them yet.

Great job mate :)

Can you link the wiki. I'd love to see it!

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

H&A is darker than Neighbours at the minute with the Braxxies thinking they are The Aussie Mafia but once upon a time both shows had their right balance. I never found H&A darker than Neighbours in the 1980s and 1990s, it was topical but was not depressing, the topics were handled with care. In some senses Neighbours is more depressing than H&A. In 1988 Neighbours becmae more topical I think.

Both shows are still with us after almost 30 years each so have outlasted shows like The Sullivans, S&D and Prisoner.

H&A is darker than Neighbours at the minute with the Braxxies thinking they are The Aussie Mafia but once upon a time both shows had their right balance. I never found H&A darker than Neighbours in the 1980s and 1990s, it was topical but was not depressing, the topics were handled with care. In some senses Neighbours is more depressing than H&A. In 1988 Neighbours becmae more topical I think.

Both shows are still with us after almost 30 years each so have outlasted shows like The Sullivans, S&D and Prisoner.

I think you're wrong when it comes to the Braxtons being a part of the mafia. Sure they have underworld links but I don't think they're a part of the underworld as such which consists of much more dangerous and powerful people.

I think they're a more of a beach gang than being a part of the underworld in my opinion.

What annoys me is when people say they dont watch the modern Neighbours and Home And Away but still slate the show and comment on it saying the acting is rubbish and storylines are. Sorry I dont agree and I watch both shows and find they have some good acting in them even if they can have OTT storylines.

I dont watch Hollyoaks but I never slate the show as I dont know if it has good or bad acting in it.

What annoys me is when people say they dont watch the modern Neighbours and Home And Away but still slate the show and comment on it saying the acting is rubbish and storylines are. Sorry I dont agree and I watch both shows and find they have some good acting in them even if they can have OTT storylines.

I dont watch Hollyoaks but I never slate the show as I dont know if it has good or bad acting in it.

I can't speak for anyone else, but when I say I don't watch the show - I mean I don't watch the show regularly or follow it, but I dip in and out for a couple of weeks every few months to see how things are and if I see any improvements. I base my opinion on what I see when I tune in.

I think H&A has become the more iconic show in Australia. Neighbours might be known by everyone and I'd have said it was more iconic ten/fifteen years ago, but it's just faded into the background over here these days.

Perhaps Neighbours would be viewed as the more iconic show in the UK.

Yes the UK had very devoted N fans. Where as H&A appeals to the locals. What's not to love about Sydney and "Summer bay"

It depends on the cast and stories?

Sydney? :puke: Melbourne is better despite not receiving as much attention outside Australia :D

Neighbours is still quite popular in the UK as opposed to Australia. Home and Away is more popular down under obviously.

Archived