Storylines you'd like to see again

Guest beau_t

Who changed the title?

We're lucky that there are a few old storylines on YT (some rare gems if you look hard enough) but a lot is just locked away in the vaults. I know of people who most likely have every year in their possession but don't want to share. I hope 7 Network release a compilation DVD like Neighbours - it's farcical that 7 haven't even bothered to release a DVD celebrating the 25th anniversary of the show. They're so cheap and such a joke IMO.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The title was changed as it was actually too long for the forum and got broken off mid-sentence - that was the best way to condense it into something that would fit. :P

Though also bearing in mind that we shouldn't be discussing where to find episodes to view online anyway, as per the Episode announcement in every forum, it seemed a good compromise. Not that I'm saying people would start sharing links immediately, and I'm sure that wasn't Beau's intention, but we do need to tread carefully in threads like this. Obviously it would be great to be able to list classic online episodes that have been found, but we simply have to protect the forum from any further legal issues.

Any episodes that turn up on YT are easy enough to find anyway if you search, but at least if any of them do get removed we can't say it was a result of the link being shared here and inadvertently brought to the attention of TPTB (I'm talking legal department, not the production team).

I should add that of course if you do see episodes and want to discuss the storylines, you are free to do so - after all that's what this section of the forum is about and we encourage it. Just please don't link to them. :)

I was only teasing about the title, I didn't mind it being condensed! :D Of course you have to protect the forum from over-zealous legal types.

Another storyline I thought of today that I don't think I've ever seen since it originally aired, is Saul's final kidnapping of Selina, the one where he finally managed to brainwash her (or at least, bring her round to his way of thinking) and then Terri Garner turned up and shot him.

I'd love to see the storyline again where Marilyn is blackmailed for money and death threats are made against her baby.

Ailsa's brother coming to the Bay to kill her.

Evil-Barbara

Irene's psychic storyline

Alf and Michael's feud

Kye knocking Pippa into a coma and then later her recovery.

Got all of them storylines there really good stuff.

You mean you have the episodes?

Yes. have the episodes/storylines. same difference!

I was only teasing about the title, I didn't mind it being condensed! :D Of course you have to protect the forum from over-zealous legal types.

Another storyline I thought of today that I don't think I've ever seen since it originally aired, is Saul's final kidnapping of Selina, the one where he finally managed to brainwash her (or at least, bring her round to his way of thinking) and then Terri Garner turned up and shot him.

I remember this being very well written. I loved the original Selina/ Saul story, but wasn't so keen on the "sequal". Was to melo dramatic for me. All that Comune burning down and a kidnapped baby. Casey and Liam locked in shed. Jesse being run over by car etc.Tish Tosh as Marilyn would say. But they redeemed themselves in the third part of the story. They took time with it. And made Saul a human villain with levels. Joey was upset his Dad has died, where as previously they didn't bother, Terri had an aftermath of guilt. And Selina realised she had to live a bit before getting tied down.

Tish Tosh as Marilyn would say.

LOL! I liked the melodramatic fire and all the other characters getting involved in the storyline. But I am glad they brought him back and ended the "Saul Trilogy" on a more human level.

Of course there was also his excellent appearances in Joey's head.

• 2 weeks later...

LOL! I liked the melodramatic fire and all the other characters getting involved in the storyline. But I am glad they brought him back and ended the "Saul Trilogy" on a more human level.

Although I didn't like that kidnapping story, in contrast one of my favourite stories is the one that leads the baby to Irene with the priest. The seen where Irene finds him in the church is great. I guess my me, it felt a human story and not melo drama. You haven't seen Lynne McGranger do this sort of acting for a while.

Although I didn't like that kidnapping story, in contrast one of my favourite stories is the one that leads the baby to Irene with the priest. The seen where Irene finds him in the church is great. I guess my me, it felt a human story and not melo drama. You haven't seen Lynne McGranger do this sort of acting for a while.

I remember that part of the storyline. It was great and quite emotional - I enjoyed her brief relationship with the priest too.

Archived