Jodi Anasta ponders Bay return

Guest Mishyy

JODI Anasta says her Home and Away character Martha is still in the witness protection program.

But she could come out of hiding if given the nod from producers.

Ahead of former co-star Kate Ritchie's return to the popular Seven soap, Anasta said she would consider a return to Summer Bay, but hadn't been invited back to the set yet.

"You have to tackle that one when you're asked," she laughed. "I'd have to see, but I think it's amazing that Kate's doing that."

The 28-year-old actress recently returned from a working trip to Los Angeles and says she's auditioning for projects in Australia and the US. Her last acting job was playing Kylie Keogh in Nine's 2012 series Underbelly Badness. "It's one of those things where you have to see what opportunities come up and take it as it comes," she says.

In the meantime, the gorgeous wife of rugby league player Braith Anasta is keeping herself very busy as the ambassador of Nike She

Runs 10k, a women's only running event being held in Centennial Park in May.

The former model says she keeps fit with Pilates and walking, so a long run is slightly daunting.

"I've roped in my two best friends so I'm hoping they'll stick with it," she says. "I've been trying to build up my fitness and Braith's been giving me tips."

Source

Argh i hope she doesn't return, she gave me the irrates in the last year of her being on the show.

BTW since when was she in witness protection??? I though Hugo and Martha were on the run???

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jodi Anasta??? Has she got married???

Well, I think it would have been great for the show if she returned. Alf hasn't been Alf since her departure. He does not have the same onscreen chemistry with Roo.... I really believed in Alf as a grandfather for Martha. And I really liked Martha with Morag... It would have been great to see Martha with Roo, to see them connect with each other. That could have been a good storyline. I think that H&A really missed a good opportunity of writing a good storyline, when these two weren't onscreen at the same time. Roo should have come into the show much earlier.

But.... I don't think she will return... I don't think the producers want her too.... and maybe it's for her own good too.... reading how the media treated her... awful.

I'm not so sure she wants to return either... Probably the journalist has twisted what she said.

http://www.throng.com.au/2013/03/jodi-anasta-to-return-to-summer-bay/

It would make sense if she did return since Roo is around now but it says Jodi hasn't been asked yet, so not to sure what to make of this but thought I'd post it since you never really know what could happen.

I'd love to see Martha back, and it would be really great to see her with Roo.

Reading that article I found it odd that she said that Martha was still in Witness Protection? I thought Martha and Hugo were on the run from the authorities and were somewhere in the United States.

It would be great to see her with Roo, as we've never seen them interact together on-screen.

Reading that article I found it odd that she said that Martha was still in Witness Protection? I thought Martha and Hugo were on the run from the authorities and were somewhere in the United States.

It would be great to see her with Roo, as we've never seen them interact together on-screen.

Yeah I did find that odd as well as she is on the run.

My life would be beyond complete if Martha made a return! :P It would be so cool to see her onscreen with Roo.

Isn't there some bad blood Jodi and channel 7 though ?

Another slice of H&A history would be amazing after we already have Sally returning!

I found Martha to be a bit of a shallow character for the first few years, probably because I disliked most of her storylines and Jack and Martha were apart of the 2005-crew, where the show was very events driven and little thought went into follow through. They were also one of those 'super couples' that didn't develop very well Imo and seemed shallow, to be forced on the audience until they were 'shipping' them.

I did grow to like her after Jack's death though, they seemed to flesh her out a lot more and I think Jodi really settled into the role nicely. I didn't like the Hugo/Martha/Year Long Mystery storyline though. I think I'd be really indifferent to her coming back. It would be great to see her with Roo and more family for Alf would be good too though.

Archived