Rosie Prichard - Terri Haddy

• 2 weeks later...

I think Rosie was one of last year's great missed opportunities.An instantly engaging and empathetic character, managing to lighten even the darkest moments with her innocent optimism, given a load of high profile storylines that set up a lot of the potential for the future.And then she abruptly leaves, seemingly to make room for the Spencer/Sasha pairing even though she was the glue that bound them together and they didn't work nearly as well without her.Such is life.It'd be nice to catch up on how she's coping with motherhood at some point but I guess she'll just join the long list of forgotten guest characters.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

I think Rosie was one of last year's great missed opportunities.An instantly engaging and empathetic character, managing to lighten even the darkest moments with her innocent optimism, given a load of high profile storylines that set up a lot of the potential for the future.And then she abruptly leaves, seemingly to make room for the Spencer/Sasha pairing even though she was the glue that bound them together and they didn't work nearly as well without her.Such is life.It'd be nice to catch up on how she's coping with motherhood at some point but I guess she'll just join the long list of forgotten guest characters.

She left long ago, but I do agree with you. I was thinking about this afternoon that 2013 was a better year that 2014 has been so far (april 2014 eps), and Rosie was one of the reasons.

I think that Rosie had so much potential, not only because she was empathetic and bright, but she had a good backstory which could be developed and used better. Why on earth was she placed with foster parents? We never really saw the foster parents (just a scene by the end), she should have been placed with Irene. She needed guidance and support and it would have been great to see her get that. She was a typical character Irene would have been good with. We should have seen her real parents, and we should have seen her grown into a more secure woman. A lot of potential storylines there.

I don't think she had to leave to make room for Spencer/Sasha.. I wonder if she was written out to give room for the twins. But the writers could have cut down the repeating triangles (Tamara, Kyle, Casey) a instead. And Rosie was a far better character than the twins.

I wasn't a fan of her pregnancy and the rape storyline, but they could still have written her as a young mom, or just adopt the baby away. She was too young and immature to be a mum.

Edited by jodlebirger
  • Like 1

• 5 months later...