Who knew Rhiannon Fish smoked?

Guest lozlovesh&a

543778_10151200165516161_199278895_n.jpg

Reece Mastin has shocked some of his young fans this week, after being photographed smoking with his girlfriend Rhiannon Fish in Queensland.

The couple are holidaying in Broadbeach at the moment, taking time to relax in between Reece’s gigs for his Summer Nights tour.

They were spotted looking tired and a less glamorous than we are used to seeing them, presumably because Rhiannon had hosted a night at Vanity nightclub in Surfer’s Paradise the night before.

She spent the evening promoting the venue and meeting fans throughout the night.

Now even though it’s a little bit disappointing to see people we admire smoking, we have to remember that Reece is 18 and Rhiannon is 21, so they are both more than old enough to make decisions about their health.

Given that they are role models for a very young audience though, do you think they should be taking the influence they have on their fans a bit more seriously? Do you think they might influence teenagers to smoke?

http://www.take40.com/news/37246/spotted:-reece-mastin-+-girlfriend-rhiannon-fish-smoking-on-the-gold-coast!

Why do people think smoking is cool? I don't understand that concept at all.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I couldn't really care less what Rhiannon gets up to. If she wants to smoke, I'm not going to take the moral high ground and call it 'outrageous'.

Also, a picture can explain a 1000 words. Maybe she's only a social smoker, and not a regular smoker, but anyway does it really matter?

I doubt it'll influence teenagers to smoke. That's like saying if drugs are legal tomorrow, it means we're all going to use them, even though this isn't the case.

It doesn't surprise me that they smoke. I hate smoking personally, but if they know it can cause death, aging, ugly looking skin and cancer, and choose to do it anyway, so be it. I tend to see all smokers as ignorant when it comes to the health and aging risks, but I smoked for a few months while at school too, purely social smoking... it's dumb, but I think a lot of people will try it, especially if a partner is a smoker.

Drugs, smoking, alcohol... it's all over the place so nothing surprises me. At one stage I would have said the cast should show a good example due to the gentle nature of the show and how younger viewers could be influenced, but now I think it's more a case of people are just disappointed when they see their favourite's selling out to smoking, taking drugs...etc

It doesn't surprise me that they smoke. I hate smoking personally, but if they know it can cause death, aging, ugly looking skin and cancer, and choose to do it anyway, so be it. I tend to see all smokers as ignorant when it comes to the health and aging risks, but I smoked for a few months while at school too, purely social smoking... it's dumb, but I think a lot of people will try it, especially if a partner is a smoker.

Precisely. A lot of teenagers are aware of the dangers of smoking, but they're also curious of it as well. I'm going to be the first to admit that while I was a teen, I used to smoke socially, but it was at a time where I did go through a family tragedy so I didn't give a stuff about the dangers. After a while though, I grew out of it and I've never smoked again.

Archived