Who knew Rhiannon Fish smoked?

Guest lozlovesh&a

I too always find it bizarre when I hear about people my age and younger getting into smoking, when it's disgusting, makes you look like a moron, and the dangers are well-known.

I think I read during the recent articles about Esther Anderson's return that it has now been 12 months since she quit smoking. Then I thought back to all of the articles I had read about her previously, and the not infrequent mentions of her healthy lifestyle, regular exercise and good diet. And it took her to 30-something to realise that giving up smoking would also be a good idea?

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I too always find it bizarre when I hear about people my age and younger getting into smoking, when it's disgusting, makes you look like a moron, and the dangers are well-known.

I think I read during the recent articles about Esther Anderson's return that it has now been 12 months since she quit smoking. Then I thought back to all of the articles I had read about her previously, and the not infrequent mentions of her healthy lifestyle, regular exercise and good diet. And it took her to 30-something to realise that giving up smoking would also be a good idea?

Well that's a joke! I always find it funny and again ignorant to the health risks when celebs talk about their 'beauty secrets' and go on about drinking water (which scientifically has nothing to do with keeping the skin youthful) and excersise, yet they smoke.

I thought she sounded like she had a cold, but maybe it has something to do with this habit.

I know someone who smokes and I think they're really ignorant. They now have problems with asthma but it's their own fault, they knew the risks and still smoked. I've no sympathy when it comes to this topic. However, if people want to smoke then it's their life, their body, let them get on with it.

• 2 weeks later...

This is pretty much the truth. This isn't the fifities and sixties anymore where there was scant evidence that smoking could do considerable harm to your body. There really is no excuse for going in blind today when it comes to smoking. Fact of the matter is though a lot of young people especially those in the entertainment industry do tend to smoke. Over the past several months I've been surprised to find out the several entertainers that I would've never pegged as smokers actually do at least casually partake in the habit. Learning that Esther Anderson smoked for so long was a bit of a revelation but not a major one as strange as it may seem smoking still seems to be very vogue with models to this day and Esther as many of us know modeled for many years prior to persuing acting.

As for Rhiannon? She's what twenty-one, twenty-two? It's her life but if it's anything other than just an occasional social smoke, the chances of it coming back to bite her later in life unfortunately is quite great.

Archived