Could they re-cast and bring back Angel?

Guest beau_t

I'm not sure. I'd love it if Melissa came back as Angel, probably not for good (because knowing the current format, it could probably take the shine off such a memorable era/character) but for a few episodes perhaps. But if Melissa wasn't in the role, I don't want Angel to come back.

Imo there are just some characters you can't ever recast. Long gone family members you can get away with, mainly because it doesn't make sense for the character to be away for so long (Roo) - but characters like Marilyn, Angel, Fisher, Shannon, Selina etc. those who made a real big impact, I just don't think you can recast.

I'd love to hear Maz mention Angel at some point. They were best friends in 95-96.

• 2 weeks later...

Personally, I think they could recast her but I don't see why they'd bother.If Angel had any connection to Summer Bay or reason to return, maybe.(They could probably recast Irene's children and bring them back, although I wouldn't really want them to.)But the only reason they'd bring her back is because she was an iconic character from a past era and the casting was part of what made her iconic, so bringing in a new actress and calling her "Angel" would be a bit pointless.

(Actually, I heard that during the Shane and Angel era, Neighbours considered recasting Scott and Charlene and bringing them back as a kind of retaliation.Thankfully, they realised the fans would hate it and thought better of it.)

• 4 weeks later...

Archived