Time for some new foster kids?

Guest maciam

It would have been nicer to see Irene (or maybe Leah when she gets back) foster Rosie than to have it just mentioned that she had been given a foster family. Rosie is someone who ACTUALLY needs love and support. She is extremely different to any other kid Irene (or anyone else) has fostered before. I would have really like to have seen Rosie adjust the attention and living with a family and people who care. Sasha has a huge heart and is so amazing to Rosie, but Rosie still needs more. I love the way Rosie's character and storyline is written so far but I was a little disappointed because it was a great opening for a REAL fostering storyline. It would have added much more depth to her character.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^I agree with that, Rosie is the sort of character that could do with being taken in by a family on screen so we can actually see her fitting into a family environment.I've mentioned in a couple of other threads that I'd like to see her living with the Walkers, who are probably the closest family on the show at the moment.It could work her moving in with Irene, you could argue that that household is more a random collection of people than a family at the moment but then that's arguably been true of most of its history, it's the interaction between them that makes it into a family home.I have thought for a while that the best way to get Leah more involved in the show is to give her a teenager to look after(although VJ's a teenager these days, despite getting even less screentime than her)but I'm not sure a random teen she found on the street is the best way to go, I think a relative would work better.

I have to say that I agree with some of the earlier posts and was planning on posting something similiar in that I don't really have much sympathy or anything for Maddie and Spencer. We don't get what we want and they're very lucky they stumbled into Soapland and that they're not having to lie in the bed they made.

^I agree with that, Rosie is the sort of character that could do with being taken in by a family on screen so we can actually see her fitting into a family environment.I've mentioned in a couple of other threads that I'd like to see her living with the Walkers, who are probably the closest family on the show at the moment.It could work her moving in with Irene, you could argue that that household is more a random collection of people than a family at the moment but then that's arguably been true of most of its history, it's the interaction between them that makes it into a family home.I have thought for a while that the best way to get Leah more involved in the show is to give her a teenager to look after(although VJ's a teenager these days, despite getting even less screentime than her)but I'm not sure a random teen she found on the street is the best way to go, I think a relative would work better.

I think Irene's house has always been a bit random (except for Will, Hayley, Nick) Like Belle, Geoff, and Annie - was a really weird mix at the beginning but ended out amazing and made Belle's death even sadder knowing she was leaving her new found "family" behind.

I think Rosie would be a great change/ challenge for Irene! And with Bianca with heath and April at uni and managing her own life (And both of them possibly leaving soon), Irene needs a good storyline. Would also love to see scenes between Bianca and Rosie - maybe April and Bianca struggling to accept Rosie at first.

I have to say that I agree with some of the earlier posts and was planning on posting something similiar in that I don't really have much sympathy or anything for Maddie and Spencer. We don't get what we want and they're very lucky they stumbled into Soapland and that they're not having to lie in the bed they made.

I agree with this too. I'm just not enjoying the Spencer and Maddie storyline for this reason.

I think Irene's house has always been a bit random (except for Will, Hayley, Nick) Like Belle, Geoff, and Annie - was a really weird mix at the beginning but ended out amazing and made Belle's death even sadder knowing she was leaving her new found "family" behind.

I think Rosie would be a great change/ challenge for Irene! And with Bianca with heath and April at uni and managing her own life (And both of them possibly leaving soon), Irene needs a good storyline. Would also love to see scenes between Bianca and Rosie - maybe April and Bianca struggling to accept Rosie at first.

I don't think it would work because remember when Tamara was supposed to be staying there and April came back the writers decided that April needed to stay with Bianca until Tamara found a new place..... :P

I agree with this too. I'm just not enjoying the Spencer and Maddie storyline for this reason.

I suppose you could argue that they've fallen on their feet but then you could say that about any number of runaways who just happen to turn up in the world's most hospitable town and get offered a bed by complete strangers:Hey, it happens to Bobby in the pilot.I think Spencer and Maddy's main problem was that they were hiding from their parents and if they could have got to a point where they didn't have to do that anymore, they probably could have managed, they don't seem to be afraid of hard work.But of course, they're better off living in a family situation like many people before them.

As I haven't seen the episodes yet with Spencer, Maddie, Rosie.. I can't really comment on these..

But I do agree that there are kids who is treated badly at home and need a proper foster care. Runaways has choosed to leave their homes.

Don't think Harvey and Roo is the best foster parents..

Remember when there was the Sarah McKay drop-in centre? Some of these kids really needed foster care.

Remember Brodie..

I liked that she ended up with the Sutherlands..

Miss Beth. She was great.

Or in the 80's there was Viv's father who used to abuse her and her sister, and lock them in..

They were scared of their homes sometimes.

Donald was great with her.

Well, how many of the "foster kids" in the past have been actual foster kids?Has Irene ever actually fostered anyone or just had them living with her?How many of the waifs and strays Alf and Ailsa picked up were actually fostered?Tamara moved into Irene's house as a lodger and is treated as such but Spencer and Maddy are another matter.Whatever the technical status, it does seem like Roo and Harvey have taken on a parent/guardian role for them which would seem to mean they qualify.

Archived