Time for some new foster kids?

Guest maciam

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Who would you like to see foster some kid/s?

It's been awhile since we last saw some.

I think Roo would be perfect to do it. Or Gina and John.

For John and Gina to be foster parents, they'd actually have to get some screen time, which they've sadly been lacking in. They were completely wasted last year but giving them a foster kid would actually give them something to do, other than Gina wandering around sipping coffee since the school got ko'd. Gina can be a bit overbearing as a mother, but John has actually improved in that area since he's been with Gina.

Irene is another option once she gets back to full health or for a laugh, a long lost relative of Colleen's turns up and she takes him/her in.

I think it'd be great if they had foster kids, but if 2011 was anything to go by, then they have little interest in the history of the show and prefer to take it in a completely different direction - Underbelly. For some reason, TPTB seem to think that portraying violent, drug trafficking criminals as great guys is actually reflective of society and is what a family show should be about and as long as they have that attitude, I can't see them returning to what the show is supposed to be about.

With the lack of families and stability of the characters, there's not a whole lot of options for foster parents, which says a lot about how this show has been written in the past few years.

Sadly, I can't see foster kids becoming a focus of this show any time soon unless they were River Boys.

I agree, Gina and John have been lacking screentime. I Have always liked them together.

Now that Xavier is almost adult, they need somwone more in their family I think. Either bring back Brendan for awhile, ( she seems to have forgot all about him) or have a foster kid.

At first I thought that the Wlaker family would have Sasha's brother Felix living with them, but it's not look likes he will retun anytime soon.

He would also be a good friend of VJ's, who clearly needs someone in the Bay around his own age.

At the moment I think Irene's too ill for even thinking of have more fosterkids. Maybe late though..

Maybe Alf could have some teenager to take care of? With both Martha and Ric gone, and Colleen beeing the only family at the moment..

Roo is good with kids, maybe she can take on someone?

They need to bring back the family/fostering theme instead of all the gang/violence that has been going on lately.

I think I've mentioned in a few places that I think Roo would be good in that role:She's already got the house and it needs to be turned into a family home again rather than a place to park all the senior castmembers.

In the past I've been dead against Gina being a foster parent, since I find her maternal abilities somewhat lacking at times, but now she's with John it might actually be bearable.

I think I've mentioned in a few places that I think Roo would be good in that role:She's already got the house and it needs to be turned into a family home again rather than a place to park all the senior castmembers.

In the past I've been dead against Gina being a foster parent, since I find her maternal abilities somewhat lacking at times, but now she's with John it might actually be bearable.

But I think Gina being a foster parent would give her and John a purpose on the show if Xavier leaves.

If Xavier leaves, I would like Gina and John to have 1-2 fosterkids to take care of. + I would like to at least hear her mention Brendan sometimes.

Has she completely forgot about him?

I think the Summer Bay house needs some kids different ages, not only Alf, Marilyn and Roo. With Miles gone it needs something new.

The house is used to have kids there.

Maybe they feel they have done the fostering to death and to keep having more and more people fostering would make it more contrived.

The early eps of Home and Away weren't just about fostering. More about Tom and Pippa and the family as people. That were I feel they need to concentrate on.

And rather than bringing in more teenage characters just to give Gina and John something to do, I would rather the script writers put in more imagination and created storylines for them themselves.

Although I adore the older eps, I would hate to see them same stories being repeated by a new wave of troubled teens over and over again. This was starting to happen in the early noughties and thats why I think the show has changed direction.

I do feel though, the show need a massive injection of humour and warmth in it.

It would be nice, but at the same time it would perceivably lead to the same problem in that we'll have poorly written stories with different characters. There's no point having new characters entering the show, essentially to try and revitalise the show or create new avenues to follow and then give them the same stories that have made certain characters so unpopular to certain sectors of the audience.

Archived