Time for some new foster kids?

Guest maciam

I suggested this to neighbours as well. I wouldnt mind of they brought in an exchange student from the UK or USA. they could lose their family in an accident as ask to stay? I would like to see maybe a new teen or preteen girl be the new arrival or maybe a Billie Piper like English girl moves to Summer bay for awhile.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would prefer an Aboriginal character introduced over a UK/USA or character from anywhere overseas.

In regards to the fostering element, I've said it before - if they do it, they need to wait until some of the current teens leave, otherwise there will be too many. Also it has to be done realistically Imo - the adult character have to actually want and have a passion for fostering otherwise it just ends up being contrived like it was with Miles and Melody or even Sally and Flynn, whereby to me Ric and Cassie felt more like house mates sharing with an older sister.

Isn't that something that's quite hard to replicate. If you take it back to the begining with Tom, Pippa and the original kids, you have their friends Alf and Ailsa, more Ailsa, inspired to take in needy kids and you've got Fisher, who has always usually had kids welfare at heart take in a few every now and again (Am I right in thinking he only ever takes care of 4 characters [Viv, Shane, Angel, Casey]), excluding Sam and Seb as family and with Irene, who became friendly with Pippa wanting to make up for being a poor mother.

If you look at the current cast, with the exception of Irene, any character who takes an interest in fostering will always feel contrived and possibly two of the three you could you think perhaps it might work in Marilyn and Roo don't own a house, they effectively rent a room at SBH.

As head of Summer Bay high, I think that would put Gina in the perfect position to take in any waifs and strays who might perhaps lose their parents, or get kicked out of home or something like that. She's a reasonably compassionate woman and then maybe the child/teen could strike up a sibling type relationship with Xavier. It would be fun to see how John would react too.

I would like to see more kids at SBH. Not to make it an H20 yet a teen group would be nice. If they could find another Bobby that would be cool. yet Nicole Dickson was so great those are big shoes to fill!

An Aboriginal Teen moving to Summer bay good idea. another is instead of an exchange student one of the Summer bay kids goes to the USA and attends a GLEE like High school and comes back with exciting stories and a love interest.

• 3 weeks later...

Pippa could make a return, she could move back into the house and adopt kids, I know for sure she'd be best friends with Gina etc.

Pippa would be great for a return in my opinion.

As for foster kids, a Justin Bieber-like kid would be nice, make the kid grow up poor, then bang a couple of years later he's a Summer Bay teen superstar! I would love to see a story line in Home and Away like Justin Bieber's it would pull more viewers to the show and it would actually be worthwhile watching (the storylines now are quite boring).

Pippa could make a return, she could move back into the house and adopt kids, I know for sure she'd be best friends with Gina etc.

Pippa would be great for a return in my opinion.

As for foster kids, a Justin Bieber-like kid would be nice, make the kid grow up poor, then bang a couple of years later he's a Summer Bay teen superstar! I would love to see a story line in Home and Away like Justin Bieber's it would pull more viewers to the show and it would actually be worthwhile watching (the storylines now are quite boring).

I second Pippa return.

If they could get a justin like kid who could sing that would do as you wish.

Archived