Friendships on Home and away

Guest maciam

I particularly like friendships between older and younger cast members. Alf's friendship with and support of Romeo was a great example of this as was Brax's friendship with VJ. I hope April and Sid develop a friendship through the issues of Dex's accident and recovery.

As I've said before the Surf Club and the Diner provide marvellous opportunities for these interractions and I'd like to see more opportunities taken up.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The problem with friendships now is they are very random. We get few scenes of people having a good old conversation and I hate it when characters have nights out (Marilyn/Leah/Natalie) when they aren't even friends. The writers have chances to develop friendships so they're believeable but they don't seem to focus on doing so which is a great shame. Max & Colleen was one of the best friendships in the history of H&A as they had loads of scenes and we saw their friendship develop but the current writers couldn't pull something like that off now IMO.

I wonder why Alf & Irene NEVER have any scenes together? They're both of a similar age and they've lived in the town longer than most and have been through a lot together so I thought they could be really good friends. Irene could just pop over to Summer Bay House and have a chat with Alf etc.

Ailsa and Bobby's on-going friendship, particularly during the earlier years. Shannon and Selina, Curtis and Jack. Damo and Shane, Angel and Sarah. Marilyn and Bobby. Marilyn and Angel. Judith and Donald (even though Don felt more towards her). Lance and Martin, Lance and Sally. Sally/Shauna/Leah. Teigen and Justine. Shannon and Sally. Ailsa and Fisher. Alf and Fisher. Pippa and Angel. Gypsy and Peta. Matt and Adam.

I can't really think of any friendships in recent times that seem genuine and develop on screen like those mentioned above.

Archived