Friendships on Home and away

Guest maciam

I miss the kind of friendships between Matt, Adam and Marilyn.

Colleen and Max was also great.

I think Leah nees a new friend, now that both Sally and Rachel is gone.

Would like to see more friendships between the young and the older cast.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Friendships are just not a focus now. Which is a pity.

Leah should be friends with Bianca and Charlie but the only time we really saw all three together just having fun was the night we met the River Boys.

There should be more scenes with Marilyn and Irene as they have always been good friends. But Irene wasn't there for Marilyn through the whole baby George thing and we've only seen one scene were Marilyn has been there for Irene since the cancer.

On the other hand we have Roo being the person who is able to support everyone. People have complained about this but it just that there are no proper friendships.

Miles and Elijah had a great friendship before Leah came between them both.

As for friendships between younger and older cast one of the best friendships ever was between Collen and Max

My top favourite friendships have been the following.

1. Nick and Seb (I wrote a slash fanfic on them once. :lol: )

2. Max and Colleen

3. Dani and Hayley

4. Justine and Tiegan

5. Robbie and Kim

Most of these were pre-2006, which I think shows where the shows focus has shifted to. One thing I hated about friendships in general in the bay, is that they all seem to not only fade away, but die completely after one of the characters leave. I would love it if Colleen ever head from 'her little Maxie' every once in awhile.

• 4 weeks later...

Yeah I miss friendships. Bianca & Charlie had a great one before it got ruined. Leah & Charlie had a great one too.

I'd say Ruby & Dex have been good friends and have not had any romantic interests in each other. I also think Marilyn & Roo are having a great friendship atm.

But of the past I'd say:

Kim/Robbie/Tasha

Nick & Seb

Miles & Elijah (Before it got ruined)

Colleen & Max

Belle/Drew/Mattie/Ric/Cassie - that group was always fun I think (even though Cassie annoyed me)

Leah & Rachel

I think the best friendships were from the the show pre-2005. From 05-2012 most of the friendships have been quite poorly written, where characters hardly spend any time together on screen as friends and so we have to just imagine it all - which is boring and stops me from believing some of the stuff they come out with...

... Such as Leah going on about how Charlie was such a friend - we hardly ever saw them talk to each other as friends, instead just acquaintances - so it doesn't ring true. Compared to say Leah and Sally, where we actually saw them as friends all the time - a big difference.

Blaxland 89 - I liked all of those friendships, pretty much for the reason I just gave - we saw them all as friends on screen, being there for each other, hanging out all the time, having each others 'back' so to speak.

• 2 months later...

One friendship that materialised and then disappeared equally quickly was between Romeo and Xavier.

They suddenly became friendly in late 2009 leading to the hilarious scene where Romeo pretends to be Rosie (a girl who likes Xavier) so that he can practice telling her he's not interested. However John overhears their role play and thinks they are having a lovers tiff :lol: .

They remained friends early in 2010 during the introduction of Mink, and when Xavier was trying to look after the money left to him by Hugo. They fell out when Romeo tried to convince Gina to give John another chance to keep him away from his own mother. They made up afterwards, but the friendship sort of disappeared :unsure: .

For a while I thought they were quite a funny twosome, similar to Martin and Lance in a way, and so it's a bit disappointing that it's not really been followed through. Friendships are definitely an area the writers always seem to 'overlook'. Anyone else agree this was a good friendship?

Archived