Friendships on Home and away

Guest maciam

Yes, I liked the Romeo/ Xavier friendship, they are really funny together. You're right cadyctslover, the 'lovers tiff' scene was one of the most hilarious scenes I can remember.

In fact Xavier is funny with anyone- Dex, Casey, John...

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I also really liked Romeo and Xavier's friendship. In fact it was one of the few things I liked about the show a few years ago. And like everything else I enjoyed about the show, it was scrapped around the time the Riverboys came along and I stopped watching.

• 6 months later...

It's been a while since anyone posted in this thread! I really wish that friendships were focused on more in the current show. Why does Irene never pop round to SBH for a chat with Alf or Marilyn or have Leah over for a coffee at her house? In the 90's and 00's it was normal to see such scenes and weas the audience could believe that characters were genuinely friends. Nowadays random characters who have barely had scenes together go out for nights out and act like they are best friends! It really shouldn't be that hard to focus on friendships more - I really miss it :( Obviously for Louise Bowes it isn't something she cares about. She'll keep on focusing on her precious Braxtons.

This is my take on the matter of friendships, in relation to whats already been said...

As you say, HomeandAwayFS, those friendship scenes are great, but the point is, they don't include them enough with certain characters. For example, if Irene and Sid had developed some sort of friendship onscreen over the years, we could have had some great scenes recently focusing on how Sid feels about Dex and Irene relating his situation to her own past, drawing the scene to some sort of poignant conclusion, whereby their friendship has further developed, at the same time as contributing to the storyline.

As it stands currently, they might include a scene like that, but if the friendship hasn't been developed onscreen, it comes across as meaningless and contrived. Friendship scenes don't mean drinking coffee over pointless conversations about nothing.

[...] Two people sitting around drinking coffee is boring. Sure friendship scenes are good but if they don't contribute a storyline then why on earth would they show it.

I just want to see realistic friendships again and see the show portray real life in a realistic way. I miss how it used to be able to do just that.

[if] you want it to go back to what it was like in the 90s and it never will because if it does it wont last longer then 3-4 years. I've said it before. If they don't change then they can't compete with with other shows. Real life portrayed in realistic storyline wouldn't work any more because people have realized that realistic story lines alone are not interesting and who the hell said that home and away isn't showing realistic storylines any way. The Sasha/Stu storyline was realistic, Dex's accident storyline was realistic, Lisa's SL is realistic, Roo's wedding, Leah's stalker, I could go on. The Braxtons storylines may not be realistic but they are what get most people tuning back in. They are the unrealistic storylines that comes with all soap operas now a days.

Ouch. I really agree with people on the friendship topic though, if maybe Marilyn, Leah & Roo had a better relationship - seeing as the all work together? They're all women in a working environment, in and out of relationships - think that would make some great comedic scenes!

P.S I am finding as a newbie to the forum, and an avid H&A fan, there seems a lot of arguing in these forums, and people spending time correctings others. :(

I am new so drop me a message if you'd like to talk more! :D

While we recognises that not everyone is going to agree on the focus of the show and how the characters interact and their role in the show - nor do we expect you to - please can we keep in mind that posts should not become personal. Let's not attack each other for voicing what we believe. Remember that the tone of your post is important.

If you disagree with someone's opinion you are more likely to get your point across if you are calm and make your point without singling out others.

Note: Posts have been edited/deleted from this thread in the hope of keeping to the topic of the thread, rather than a battle ground. Carry on.

• 1 month later...

Archived