What Are You Afraid Of?

Guest Samantha1

Chapter 16.

Brax’s POV:

I ran out of the surf and up to where my clothing was scattered before digging my board in the sand and drying myself down with a towel.

“Hey stranger.” I turned around and grinned when I saw Charlie,

“Hey.” I replied.

“Had a good surf?” She asked.

I nodded, “Waves are good, shame you weren’t here to watch me.” I said cheekily.

“You never know, I might’ve been watching you from the distance.”

I laughed at her comment, “You working?” I asked, glancing at her uniform, she shook her head,

“Well, yeah, but I’m on my lunch break.” I nodded, “Have you got time for a coffee or something?”

I stood in silence for a minute, observing her, waiting for her to apologise for making a mistake on asking me for coffee,

“Brax?” She asked, pulling me out of my thoughts.

“Eh, coffee?”

“Yeah, you know, a drink with a friend, maybe some conversation?” She laughed, I nodded slightly, the word ‘friend’ hurting me more than I thought possible, “Eh, but if

you don’t want to, that’s fine.” She added.

“Nah, coffee sounds good, you sure you’re ready to face the music though?” I asked her, still surprised by her request.

“Yeah, can’t hide forever.” She laughed slightly.

I grinned before bending down and picking up my top before slipping it over my head, I turned back to Charlie who was laughing at me, “I don’t know what you’re laughing

at, funnily enough I don’t think Colleen would be too impressed with me walking in topless.” I stated, causing her to laugh,

“I’m pretty sure you’ve done it before.” She said smugly.

“Well yeah, but I’m a changed man.” She raised her eyebrows at my comment, “Don’t look at me like that!” I exclaimed, causing her to laugh again.

“I’m getting thirsty, you gonna keep a girl waiting?”

I laughed slightly, “Course not.”

“Afternoon lovebirds.” I turned to face Heath, not replying to the word ‘lovebirds’ as we weren’t currently together, “Anyway, getting to the point, can I borrow your board?”

He asked, pointing to my board.

“No chance.”

He widened his eyes, his attempt at the ‘puppy dog’ look, “I said no, Heath.”

Charlie laughed, “See, Buckton thinks you should lend it to me.”

I glared at her, she held her hands up defensively, “I said nothing.” She grinned, “But decide quickly, I want my damn lunch.”

I looked at Heath again who was looking at me expectantly, I rolled my eyes, “Fine, but you so much as chip it and there’ll be hell to pay.” I told him before picking up my

shoes, he grinned,

“Thanks bro.” He replied before whipping his top off and picking up the board before running down the beach, Charlie winked at me before wolf whistling at Heath who

simply waved her off, I glared at her, unimpressed,

“If you’re gonna whistle like that at anyone, please God don’t make it at Heath.” I told her, she laughed before grabbing my arm and pulling me towards the diner.

And as expected, as soon as we entered, we received numerous glares, Charlie and I both tried to ignore them as we sat on a table in the corner of the diner.

“You alright?” I asked her as we settled into our seats, she nodded silently.

“Sergeant, I’m very, very disappointed in you.” Colleen said as she stood over us, “Never mind engaging in a secret relationship, but with him, a criminal!” She yelled.

I shook my head angrily, wanting to say something back to her but knowing that Charlie wouldn’t approve and it’d make things worse.

“How many of their cases have you taken? And been lenient on him because you’ve let him in your bed-”

“Colleen, that’s enough!” Leah interrupted.

I didn’t look up to grace Leah’s presence, or to notice Colleen’s absence, I focused on Charlie, she was playing with her hands on the table, her gaze focused firmly on

them.

I sighed before glancing around the diner, people had gone about with their own business, probably seeing Colleen’s behaviour as extremely out of order.

“I’m so sorry, Charlie.” Leah said.

Charlie remained silent for a minute before looking up at Leah and smiling, “It’s fine, can we order?”

“Sure.”

“I’ll have a latte and a slice of chocolate cake please.”

“Okay.” Leah said before looking at me,

“I’ll just have a flat white, thanks.” I told her before sending her a quick smile before placing my eyes back on Charlie.

“Coming right up.” Leah said before leaving to get our order.

Charlie looked up at me and smiled nervously, “Sorry about that.” She said.

“Charlie, c’mon, you have nothing to apologise for.”

She smiled lightly before her mood lightened slightly and what was just a ‘coffee with a friend’ turned out to be a great afternoon.

Charlie’s POV:

I smiled as Brax and I parted ways, me heading back to work.

I entered the doors of the station, smiling, thinking of what I’d be doing tonight, heading over to Brax’s house and attempting to get back with Brax, the excitement causing my smile to grow, up until my conversation with Watson began in my office, which turned my whole world upside down.

I left the station again, Joyce being way too kind to me and giving me the day off due to the circumstances. Finding out about Brax and all the drug stuff simply wasn’t

doing it for me, finding out him and the Riverboys could be running a plantation, finding out he was the ringleader, according to one of the boys.

On my way out of the station I bumped into Brax being brought in, under the control of two police guards of course. He glared at me as he walked past, expecting me to be

civil towards him, I simply threw him a disgusted look before walking to the beach, the only place that could make me feel half-decent at this moment in time.

Come 3pm, Brax had text me twice now:

‘Hey Charlie, we need to talk, can you meet me later?’

‘Charlie, c’mon, you can’t avoid me forever, please.’

I sighed before throwing my phone into the sand beside me and placing my head in my hands, still refusing to cry over something and someone so stupid.

Come 4:30pm I finally decided that Brax and I needed to talk things out:

‘Meet me at the beach, the usual place, as soon as.’

He replied instantly:

‘I’ll be there.’

I tried to relax myself before Brax arrived, swearing to myself that I wouldn’t let him see me upset or angry.

“Hey.” Came Brax’s voice, startling me a little, I looked up, simply nodding, not wanting to dignify him with even a ‘Hello’.

He sat down beside me, both of us in silence before I finally spoke,

“How could you?” I asked as Brax and I faced each other.

“How could I what?”

“Don’t Brax!” I yelled angrily before the tears started, “Don’t, stop playing the smug idiot and just answer me.”

“There’s nothing to say.”

“Fine.” I replied before standing up, “If there’s nothing to say, there’s no point in me being here.” I told him before I began to walk away, Brax hot on my heels.

“Charlie, no, hang on.”

I stopped and turned around to face him, just about managing to whisper what I wanted to say through my tears, “You see what you do to me.” I replied, gesturing to my

tears, “Now if you wanna lie to me some more, you do that, but just ask yourself, do I deserve it, because in my opinion, I don’t.” I couldn’t say anymore, my voice

breaking down too much, the words obviously struck a chord in Brax, I saw the emotion in his eyes change as he studied my appearance, now he was ready to talk.

“I’m sorry.” He said quietly, his own emotions controlling his voice too.

“Sorry’s just a word Brax, it means nothing.” I spoke softly, “I just want to know why.” He didn’t reply, “Did you just want to use me? Sleep with me? Use me for sex, then find out I was a police officer and use that as a bonus to get the law onside too?”

He shook his head before anger controlled his body, “Well Charlie, you’re not entirely to blame, I mean are you stupid or something? You’re a copper, you should’ve known what we were up to.”

“Yeah, and not allowed take your cases, you told me yesterday there was nothing dodgy to worry about!” I yelled before I began to punch his chest over and over again.

“Charlie, stop, STOP!” He yelled back whilst grabbing hold of my hands, pulling them away from his chest.

I looked up into his gorgeous, yet deceptive eyes before pulling out of his grasp and stepping away from him.

“Stop apologising, and blaming me, it’s not fair.” I said before wiping the tears from my eyes, only for more to fall.

“Okay, yes, I lied to you, I’m sorry.”

“STOP APOLOGISING!” I yelled before deeply exhaling, calming myself down whilst breathing in the sea breeze, “All those times you left me, saying you had stuff to do?” I trailed off.

“Yeah, I was with the boys.”

The words hit me right in the face. “You finally admit it.” I whispered.

“But I had my reasons.”

“There are no reasons Brax.”

“There are Charlie, it’s because-”

“Oh, because what?” I spat.

“Because I love you.” He finished, looking deeply into my eyes, the breath caught in my throat and caused me to step backwards, in shock, the first time he actually said ‘I love you’, and he had to do it now of all times.

I shook my head, “Don’t shake your head Charlie, what, do you think I’m lying or something?”

I scoffed, “Do you blame me, given the current situation?”

He smiled very slightly, “I suppose not.”

“How long, Brax?” I asked as my exterior strength began to break down, leaving me vulnerable and exposed, “How long have you lied?”

“Ever since we started seeing each other.” He told me honestly, causing my heart to plummet.

“I have to go.” I replied before I motioned to turn away, Brax stopped me,

“Charlie please, just think about this, don’t throw away what we’ve got.”

My eyes widened at his words, “Nah, hang on, it’s my turn to talk now, and you’re gonna listen. There’s nothing to throw away Brax, our entire relationship has been a lie,

and you stand there, claiming you love me, but I just can’t believe you, if you love someone, you couldn’t hurt them like that, you just couldn’t, it’s not right.”

“I know, and I’m so-”

“-Don’t say it.” I interrupted him, thinking I’d slap him if I heard the word ‘sorry’ escape his mouth once more. “There is no way I’m taking you back now.” I said harshly,

knowing most of my words were just anger.

“Wait, Charlie, you trusted me, you felt more than this, you trusted me enough to tell me about your rape, now, how many people have you told about that?”

“Don’t bring that up.” I spat.

“I’m not using it to hurt you Charlie, I’m using it to make you see how much I care about you.”

“But you don’t care Brax, you can’t if you could treat me like this.” I sighed as the tears started again, “And please, please stop throwing my rape back at me as my way of

trusting you, because it’s not fair, and I don’t want to think about it, at all.”

“I didn’t want to hurt you by bringing it up Charlie, but you trust me.”

“No Brax, I trusted you, not anymore.”

I squinted lightly as I saw what looked like a tear stray from his eye, I shook my head before stepping backwards, seeing if Brax would stop me, I smiled lightly when he didn’t, meaning I had fully portrayed my anger and upset to him, I turned and walked away, heading home, hoping Ruby would be there to calm me down.

Ruby’s POV:

I sighed as I watched Charlie flop down on the couch and cry her heart out.

My heart melted at the state she was in, I knew it was all because of Brax.

“Oh Charlie.” I spoke softly before collapsing on the couch beside her and pulling her in for a hug, she happily obliged and cried into me for a solid ten minutes before she

pulled away and told me the story of what happened.

“And then you just left him on the beach?” I asked.

Charlie nodded, “Ruby, I can’t, he’s broken my heart, and it hurts so much, it hurts all the more to know that I let myself trust him, you know what I’m like with my commitment issues, Rubes, it was especially hard for me. I can’t believe I told him about Grant, that was huge for me, and yet he continued to lie about this drug stuff, I can’t believe it.”

“I know, Charlie, I know how hard this must be for you, but you’ve got to try and see this from his perspective, you’re a cop, and never mind you being his girlfriend, those boys are his family, and he was probably scared to tell you, scared of getting them in trouble, and scared of hurting you.”

She nodded slightly, “You’re too smart, y’know that baby?” She told me before gently stroking my cheek, she smiled,

“Well, I learn from the best.” She grinned, nodding towards me.

She must’ve noticed me glancing at my watch every so often, “You got somewhere to be?” She asked.

I shook my head, “No.” I replied, lying.

“Rubes, I know you better than that, where you off to?”

I laughed, “I was just meeting Case.” I told her.

“Well get going.” She stated, “Don’t leave the poor guy hanging.”

“I don’t want to leave you though.”

“Rubes, it’s a messy break-up, nobody’s died.”

I laughed at her positive outlook, “Alright, but you call if you need me, and I’ll be here.” She laughed and nodded before kissing my cheek, “There’s a big tub of chocolate

ice cream in the fridge.” I told her, she laughed,

“Oh Rubes, I love you.” She told me, I laughed before leaning forward and hugging her,

“I love you too, mom.” I kissed the top of her head before grabbing my bag and heading off to Casey’s.

Brax’s POV:

I took a deep breath before knocking on the back door of Charlie’s house, I had left it just over two hours for her to cool off, but I couldn’t bear the thought of her hating

me so much, I needed to talk to her, ASAP.

She opened the door, looking gorgeous as ever in her cream silk short shorts and vest top, wearing her purple dressing gown over the top.

I quickly became lost in her beauty. I quickly composed myself, laughing slightly as I noticed the tub of ice cream in her hand, she blushed slightly, I smiled at her

cuteness.

“Comfort food?” I asked sarcastically, hoping to lighten the mood.

She sighed, “I’m not in the mood Brax, what do you want?” She snapped.

“Please Charlie.” I begged her, “Just hear what I’ve got to say.”

The words came out before I thought about it, she raised her eyebrows, “You’ve got more to say?”

I bit my lip slightly before shaking my head, “Okay, maybe I don’t, but please, just think about this, about us.”

She laughed lightly at my stupidity, I guess that was progress, before she spoke, “Brax please, think about this from my point of view, forget about your feelings for me, do

you think what you’ve done deserved forgiveness? Leading me on to trust you like that?”

I thought about it before shaking my head. “I said I’m sorry, please Charlie, please.”

She looked down at the ice cream before looking back up at me, “What else can I do, Charlie?”

“Nothing Brax, we’re done, I’m upset, and really, really angry, I think I need time, please.”

By now I finally realised that pressuring her was doing much more harm than good,

“Okay, yeah, fine, whatever you need.” I replied before nodding, “I’ll see you around.” I mumbled before forming a weak smile and leaving her place, hoping she’d come around soon, after all, it was Christmas Day in two days, and by the way things were going, it was gonna be a pretty miserable one.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ -

Thank you for all the fabulous reviews, I hope this one was alright. (:

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LOOOOOOOVED that, especially ......

 I stood in silence for a minute, observing her, waiting for her to apologise for making a mistake on asking me for coffee,

“Brax?” She asked, pulling me out of my thoughts.

“Eh, coffee?”

“Yeah, you know, a drink with a friend, maybe some conversation?” She laughed, I nodded slightly, the word ‘friend’ hurting me more than I thought possible, “Eh, but if

you don’t want to, that’s fine.” She added.

“Nah, coffee sounds good, you sure you’re ready to face the music though?” I asked her, still surprised by her request.

“Yeah, can’t hide forever.” She laughed slightly.

 He widened his eyes, his attempt at the ‘puppy dog’ look, “I said no, Heath.”

Charlie laughed, “See, Buckton thinks you should lend it to me.”

I glared at her, she held her hands up defensively, “I said nothing.” She grinned, “But decide quickly, I want my damn lunch.”

 Charlie winked at me before wolf whistling at Heath who simply waved her off, I glared at her, unimpressed,

“If you’re gonna whistle like that at anyone, please God don’t make it at Heath.” I told her, she laughed before grabbing my arm and pulling me towards the diner.

 “How many of their cases have you taken? And been lenient on him because you’ve let him in your bed-”

“Colleen, that’s enough!” Leah interrupted.

 up until my conversation with Watson began in my office, which turned my whole world upside down.

I left the station again, Joyce being way too kind to me and giving me the day off due to the circumstances. Finding out about Brax and all the drug stuff simply wasn’t

doing it for me, finding out him and the Riverboys could be running a plantation, finding out he was the ringleader, according to one of the boys.

On my way out of the station I bumped into Brax being brought in, under the control of two police guards of course. He glared at me as he walked past, expecting me to be

civil towards him, I simply threw him a disgusted look before walking to the beach, the only place that could make me feel half-decent at this moment in time.

 placing my head in my hands, still refusing to cry over something and someone so stupid.

 I stopped and turned around to face him, just about managing to whisper what I wanted to say through my tears, “You see what you do to me.” I replied, gesturing to my

tears, “Now if you wanna lie to me some more, you do that, but just ask yourself, do I deserve it, because in my opinion, I don’t.” I couldn’t say anymore, my voice

breaking down too much, the words obviously struck a chord in Brax, I saw the emotion in his eyes change as he studied my appearance, now he was ready to talk.

 “Did you just want to use me? Sleep with me? Use me for sex, then find out I was a police officer and use that as a bonus to get the law onside too?”

He shook his head before anger controlled his body, “Well Charlie, you’re not entirely to blame, I mean are you stupid or something? You’re a copper, you should’ve known what we were up to.”

“Yeah, and not allowed take your cases, you told me yesterday there was nothing dodgy to worry about!” I yelled before I began to punch his chest over and over again.

“Charlie, stop, STOP!” He yelled back whilst grabbing hold of my hands, pulling them away from his chest.

I looked up into his gorgeous, yet deceptive eyes before pulling out of his grasp and stepping away from him.

 “Because I love you.” He finished, looking deeply into my eyes, the breath caught in my throat and caused me to step backwards, in shock, the first time he actually said ‘I love you’, and he had to do it now of all times.

 I squinted lightly as I saw what looked like a tear stray from his eye, I shook my head before stepping backwards, seeing if Brax would stop me, I smiled lightly when he didn’t, meaning I had fully portrayed my anger and upset to him, I turned and walked away, heading home, hoping Ruby would be there to calm me down.

 My heart melted at the state she was in, I knew it was all because of Brax.

“Oh Charlie.” I spoke softly before collapsing on the couch beside her and pulling her in for a hug, she happily obliged and cried into me for a solid ten minutes before she

pulled away and told me the story of what happened.

 She nodded slightly, “You’re too smart, y’know that baby?” She told me before gently stroking my cheek, she smiled,

“Well, I learn from the best.” She grinned, nodding towards me.

 “Rubes, it’s a messy break-up, nobody’s died.”

I laughed at her positive outlook, “Alright, but you call if you need me, and I’ll be here.” She laughed and nodded before kissing my cheek, “There’s a big tub of chocolate

ice cream in the fridge.” I told her, she laughed,

“Oh Rubes, I love you.” She told me, I laughed before leaning forward and hugging her,

“I love you too, mom.” I kissed the top of her head before grabbing my bag and heading off to Casey’s.

 She opened the door, looking gorgeous as ever in her cream silk short shorts and vest top, wearing her purple dressing gown over the top.

 She laughed lightly at my stupidity, I guess that was progress,

 By now I finally realised that pressuring her was doing much more harm than good,

“Okay, yeah, fine, whatever you need.” I replied before nodding, “I’ll see you around.” I mumbled before forming a weak smile and leaving her place, hoping she’d come around soon, after all, it was Christmas Day in two days, and by the way things were going, it was gonna be a pretty miserable one.

Chapter 17.

-2 days later, Christmas Day, Charlie’s still down, but she’s putting on a brave face for Ruby and everyone else, after all it is Christmas, season to be jolly!-

Charlie’s POV:

I woke up to hear people outside, obviously opening their presents, I slipped into my dressing gown and opened the door to see Ruby, VJ and Leah in the living room,

“Hey guys, Merry Christmas! Why didn’t you wake me up?” I asked them.

“We thought we’d leave you to sleep.” Leah said, knowing how little of it I’d actually had lately, “And Merry Christmas too.”

I smiled, Ruby hopped up and hugged me, “Merry Christmas mom.” I smiled again and kissed her forehead, hugging her back.

“Here you go.” She said, handing me a present, “I hope you don’t mind, but we had no idea what to get you so we split this between the three of us.” Referring to her, Leah

and VJ, although considering VJ’s age I wouldn’t have expected him to pay a cent towards it.

“Aw, thanks guys.” I smiled before quickly going into my room and handing over Leah, Ruby and VJ’s presents.

“Charlie, it’s lovely!” Ruby squealed before she gave me a hug, I smiled as I watched her put it on, I bought her a white gold bracelet with a heart pendant at the bottom of it.

“Charlie, you shouldn’t have.” Leah said as she opened hers, I bought her a locket and inside put a picture of her and VJ, “It’s beautiful.” She said softly before pulling me into a hug, I smiled before she pulled away,

“Now open yours.” She told me.

I sighed lightly as I opened the box to reveal a smaller Tiffany and co jewellery box, knowing it would’ve cost them a fortune, a huge smile formed on my face as I opened

it to reveal a silver ring with two hearts, each with a diamond in their centre.

“It’s gorgeous.” I replied before pulling them both in for a hug.

Ruby’s phone went off and she immediately got it, “Right guys, I’m heading off.” She said.

“Baby, it’s Christmas, where could you possibly be going?”

“Casey’s, duh.” She replied.

I laughed, “Sorry, give me a minute, I’ll get dressed and give you a lift.”

“Okay.” She replied.

As we neared the Braxton’s house I felt more nervous than I thought possible, knowing there was a large possibility that Brax might open the door, my grip on the wheel

tightened as I pulled up outside their house,

“Thanks Charlie, see you later.” Ruby said before hopping out of the car and approaching the house, I sighed as she left Casey’s present in the back, I cut the engine

before picking it up and heading to the door to give it to her.

Ruby’s POV:

“MERRY CHRISTMAS BUCKTON!” Heath yelled, I turned around to see Charlie at the door, she laughed at Heath, looking at the beer in his hand,

“Yeah, Merry Christmas Heath, little early to be drinking?”

Heath laughed before nudging her arm, “It’s never too early.”

Charlie laughed before reaching out to me and handing me Casey’s present, “Ah, thanks.” I told her.

“Why don’t you come in?” Heath asked her, Charlie shook her head, “Please, Brax has been all miserable for two days, c’mon Buckton, it’s Christmas, please.”

“No, I’ve got to drop off Bianca’s present.” Charlie said slowly, I knew she wasn’t dropping off Bianca’s present, she was just avoiding Brax.

“I’m gonna head off, see ya later.” She said before turning on her heels and quickly walking back to the car, just as Brax came out topless, he’d obviously just woken up,

“Was that Charlie?” He asked me, I nodded. “I’ll be right back.” He said before he advanced towards the door, only to be stopped by Heath. I knew he wanted to see her, even if it was just to say hi, she hadn’t been out much over the past two days and when she did, she made sure it’d be to places she wouldn’t bump into Brax.

“Mate, just leave it.” Heath said before pushing him back and closing the front door.

Charlie’s POV:

Ruby arrived home a few hours later with a grin on her face, she sat down beside me, “Yes?” I asked her.

“Brax said to tell you Merry Christmas.”

“Uh-huh.” I replied simply.

“He was asking after you.” She continued, I ignored her.

“He was wondering if you’re gonna be at the beach party later.”

I finally looked up from my magazine and glared at her, “Are you trying to achieve something here, sweetheart?”

“Quit it Charlie, I know you’re my mom, but hell, you two are hot together, just give in!”

“He lied Ruby, he broke my heart.”

“Yes, but he really wants to see you, and be with you, Charlie.”

I shook my head, “I’m too high maintenance for him.”

“You're not Charlie, you just find it hard separating the fun, lovely you, from the cop, but I guarantee you, Brax really likes you.”

I bit my lip slightly, she instantly picked up on it, “What?” She asked.

I looked up at her guiltily, “He told me he loves me.”

Her mouth dropped open before she began to excitedly babble, “Oh my god, you guys are so getting back together, and you’re in love, and that’s so cute, and oh my,

getting back together on Christmas Day too, how beautiful!”

I laughed at her, “Calm down will you? I didn’t say anything about us getting back together.”

She grinned at me slyly, “We’ll see.”

-Christmas party on the beach, 7pm.-

Brax’s POV:

Casey, Heath and I arrived at the beach, and immediately, my eyes were on her, her, just her.

She was wearing a short, tight fitted burgundy dress, cut above her knee, and her favourite high heeled black wedges, she had also straightened her hair.

“She looks beautiful.” I said aloud, not realising I had said it out loud,

“Mate, it’s Christmas, girls will be drinking, you’ll be drinking, don’t worry, someone will help you take your mind off Buckton.” Heath said smugly before heading towards

Bianca who was approaching us, I sighed, I didn’t want any other girl, I just wanted Charlie.

Charlie’s POV:

Ruby, Leah and I arrived at the beach party, Leah had shipped VJ off to her mother’s house so she could make the most of her Christmas night.

Bianca had come over to say hello, but quickly left again, I followed where she was going to see Heath, Casey and Brax.

Brax looked so hot, he was wearing faded black jeans, and a dark green, smart shirt, the top few buttons undone, revealing his ‘Blood and Sand’ tattoo which was so damn sexy.

I quickly looked away, not wanting to open that book again, I turned back to Ruby who had her eyes fixated on me, her eyebrows raised, a huge grin on her face,

“What?” I asked.

“I see Brax is here.” She replied smugly.

“Oh is he? I didn’t notice.”

She laughed at me dramatically, “Oh please, Charlie! I just watched you checking him out!”

“I was not ‘checking him out’!” I retorted, she laughed more,

“Awww, you two would look so cute and Christmassy together, you’re wearing red, he’s wearing green.”

“Oh shut it Ruby.” I laughed at her before quickly turning around to look at Brax again, he caught my eye and smiled, I blushed, I didn’t return the smile, instead I turned back around to Ruby,

“Oh this is ridiculous.” She said, “Your face is almost the colour of your dress, mother.” I hit her arm gently with the clutch bag I was carrying,

“Would you quit it?” I asked, she shook her head and handed me some mistletoe, I laughed, “Shouldn’t you be saving this for Casey?” I asked smugly,

“Naah, we don’t need mistletoe as an excuse.” She winked at me, I laughed,

“Well, I guess I’ll go and say hello to Brax then.” I said, she laughed,

“Sure! ‘Cause you’re just gonna be saying hello.”

I began to walk towards Brax, I turned back around at Ruby’s comment and winked at her, I held the mistletoe in my right hand, out of view so Brax wouldn’t see it, I

didn’t want to use it if things with us ended in an argument, which I hope didn’t, it was Christmas, I was lonely, and by god, I wanted him back.

I smiled as I walked over to him, he noticed me come over now and smiled back at me, Casey spoke first,

“Hey Charlie.”

“Hey Case.” I replied, he smiled before heading over to Ruby, I watched him leave before turning back to Brax,

“You look gorgeous.” He stated, I blushed slightly at his forwardness before regaining my composure,

“Thanks, you don’t scrub up too bad yourself.” I was right, he didn’t ‘scrub up too bad himself’, he looked so good, I just didn’t want to be too forward.

He grinned, “Merry Christmas, Charlie.”

I smiled, “Oh yeah, Merry Christmas to you too.”

My smile grew as he looked away from me momentarily and out towards the crowd, his eyes came back to mine again and we both laughed awkwardly.

I figured it’d be now or never, I moved my right hand out and raised it, twirling the mistletoe in front of me, Brax now having full view of what it was, he grinned at me, I

placed it in my mouth, holding my bag in my left before walking behind Brax, so I was nearest to the car park, he turned around and faced me, I held my right hand out to

him, he didn’t hesitate, he placed his hand straight in mine, we both smiled. I quickly began to walk towards his car, both of us still holding hands, eager to be with each

other again.

We reached his car, the window was open, so I threw my bag into his car, leaving me hands-free. I stood nearest the door, Brax standing in front of me, both of us silent,

he dropped my hand and moved it towards my mouth instead, I released the mistletoe from my mouth, and Brax took it in his hand, holding it above his head.

I grinned before I stepped forward and kissed him, on his cheek, I stepped right back this time, now leaning against the car door whilst biting my lip seductively.

“Oh c’mon.” He said, I grinned at him. I leaned further back into the door before hitching my dress up slightly, being a tease, I watch Brax mesmerised by such a simple

movement.

I watched as he threw the mistletoe aside, and within seconds, he was standing in front of me, his lips on mine, both of our mouths wide open, tongues down each other’s

throats. He pulled away from me and began to kiss, suck and bite my neck, I felt my whole body shiver as he ran his hand up my thigh and just under my dress.

“Mhm, Brax.” I groaned, before pulling his hand out from under my dress,

“You’re place or mine?” He asked, having pried his mouth away from my neck.

“I can’t wait that long.” I replied breathlessly, he grinned at me, he kissed my lips once more before gently pushing me inside and rooting in his pocket to get his keys out.

I laughed as he trembled whilst trying to find the car key, I grinned as I slid my arms around him and began to rub my hands all over his chest, my grin widened as I

watched him struggling quite a lot to get the car door open, I began to kiss his neck, he finally managed to get the door open.

He reclined the front driver’s seat, that would’ve probably been more comfortable than just the back seat of the car, I grinned before pushing him aside and climbing into

the car, dragging him with me, before slamming the door shut and continuing with our rendezvous.

It was probably up there with one of the quickest times we had had sex, knowing people would be wondering where we got to, I laughed as I watched Brax struggle to put

on his boxers, he quickly handed me my underwear,

“Put these on, I don’t want anyone else getting a look-in at ya.” He said before winking at me.

I laughed before slipping into them, I sat up, and watched as Brax rooted in the glove compartment for something before pulling out a small gift-wrapped box.

He took my left hand and placed the box in it, I smiled up at him curiously,

“This is your Christmas present, I bought it for you a week ago, and then everything happened which kinda, well, y’know-” I nodded, not needing him to explain any

further, I knew what he was talking about.

“Yeah I know.” He smiled at me, “You didn’t have to do this Brax.”

“I know, but I wanted to.”

I placed the box down beside me and took Brax’s hands in mine, he looked at me confused,

“I love you too, Brax.” I told him, finally saying it back.

He smiled at me so sweetly, a smile I rarely saw, he was usually giving me a cheeky grin, this smile was loving and warm, and I loved it, he leaned forward, I stopped him

and raised my right hand to his cheek, I stroked it,

“You have the cutest smile.” I said, his smile widened, and he blushed slightly at my comment, I thought I’d tease him a little,

“I see you blushing, Braxton.”

His cheeks reddened further, I grinned, he was so cute, “I am not.”

I laughed at him, “Yes you are!” I argued, before running my hand along his cheek before I pulled him closer,

He grinned at me, “Alright, I’ll stop now.” I said before I leaned forward and we shared a long kiss, Brax pulled away first,

“Now open your present!” He demanded eagerly, I smiled before I began to open it.

My heart fluttered as I opened the outer wrapping to reveal a rectangle black velvet black box with the words Swarovski on it, knowing it would've cost Brax a lot. I opened

the box to reveal a gorgeous white gold necklace, a yellow topaz heart pendant was settled at the bottom of the chain, my birthstone, with a silver arrow going through the

middle of it, a small sparkling diamond at the end of the arrow. I smiled at how much thought Brax would’ve put into the gift,

“Brax, it’s absolutely beautiful.” I smiled, I was in awe with how much of a romantic he could be, and he sure had great taste.

“Just like you.” He replied, I felt myself blush.

“It must’ve cost you a small fortune.” I added.

Again, he came back with another witty comment,

“You’re worth every penny.”

I felt my cheeks burn up insanely, Brax grinned at me, his turn to tease,

“Yeah, I see you blushing, Buckton.” I laughed, Brax soothed me by placing his hand at the base of my neck and using his thumb, he began to stroke my cheek before

pulling me in for a deep kiss.

“Can you put it on for me?” I asked as I removed the necklace from the box,

“Sure.” He replied, he took the necklace off me, I held my hair up, out of the way as he did so, he finished clasping it shut, and planted a soft kiss on my neck, sending

shivers down my spine, I let my hair go and moved on top of him,

“I know just how to thank you.” I said seductively, he was quick to brush me off,

“Oh no you don’t. People are gonna wonder where we are, we’ve got a Christmas party to get to, there’s food to eat, dancing to be done, and alcohol to drink.”

I laughed at him before nodding, “Alright then, you better be worth the wait.” He smirked before kissing my lips and putting his shirt on before putting his jeans and belt on

outside the car, me on the other hand, had to squirm my way back into my dress, in the small space the car allowed.

I left my shoes in the car, and grabbed Brax’s hand to walk back down towards the beach, he halted, I turned around and looked at him,

“Shoes?” He asked.

“I don’t need shoes if I’m dancing.” I replied smugly, he grinned at me and began to walk again, letting me lead him back towards the beach, before I stopped this time, he

looked at me questioningly,

“I have a present for you too, it’s back at my place though, so you’ll have to wait till later.” I smiled at the thought of giving it to him, I really hoped he’d like it.

He smiled, “Oooh.” He said enthusiastically, “But who says I’m coming back to yours?” He asked smugly, he started the game,

“Oh that’s fine, quite hot tonight though, isn’t it? Looks like I’ll be sleeping alone tonight, naked.”

I observed as he face changed colour slightly, but he didn’t say anything, still playing the game, I laughed before tugging on his hand and leading him back down towards

the beach.

He dropped my hand as we got closer to people, he must’ve thought I wanted to keep our relationship a secret again, I stretched my arm out towards him and entwined my

fingers in his again, we both smiled at each other before heading over to Ruby, Casey, Bianca and Heath,

Ruby grinned at me, “So, where were you two?” She asked, after seeing us holding hands, I dropped Brax’s hand this time,

“We were just talking.” I replied, nonchalantly.

“I don’t doubt it, which quickly turned into something more by the looks of your lipstick.” Ruby replied smugly, I ran my hand around my lips, attempting to get rid of the

smudged lipstick, I wonder why Brax didn’t tell me, unless Ruby was lying?

“Brax, is that a hickey?” Casey asked, as he squinted and pointed to Brax’s neck, I laughed, knowing exactly how he got it, I probably bit him a little too hard, I glanced at

Brax to see him pull up the collar of his shirt, trying to hide it,

“Bro, plus you’re belt isn’t going through all the slots, actually, I think it’s going through just two.” Heath pointed out, I burst out laughing by this point, the both of us had

just been obviously ratted out, all four of them knew what we had just done, “Where?” Heath asked eagerly, Brax shot him a look,

“Mate, really?”

Heath smirked at me, thinking I was embarrassed, I proved him wrong, “His car, the driver’s seat.” I said smugly, Heath’s smile dropped quickly, Brax laughed,

“Didn’t think ya had it in ya.” He whispered so lowly only I could hear it, I turned to him and winked.

“Brax, seriously, fix your belt.” Heath added, Brax nodded before proceeding to taking off his belt and putting it on properly,

“OH SERGEANT BUCKTON, HE’S GONNA EXPOSE HIMSELF, OH STOP HIM!” Colleen yelled, like a siren, informing everyone, thank goodness the music was so loud no-one

else heard, those 6 of us who did, ended up laughing at her,

I regained my composure, “No, no Colleen, I assure you he wasn’t, he just didn’t put it on right when he got ready earlier on.” I replied, not needing Colleen to know we

just had sex in his car or the whole world would know by tomorrow morning.

She nodded at me unsurely, “Well, being your boyfriend I think you should keep him on a tighter leash.”

I looked over at Brax who had finally done up his belt and was now trying to hold back his laughter, “Don’t worry, I will.” I winked at her, she gave me a disapproving look

before she turned and walked away.

We all laughed again before Bianca spoke, “Oooh, where’d that bling come from around your neck?”

“Oh, that’s gorgeous.” Ruby added as she inspected the necklace.

I smiled, “Brax bought it for me.” I felt Brax’s presence behind me, he snaked his arms around my waist and rested his chin on my left shoulder,

“Looks expensive.” Heath said.

I rolled my eyes at him, “And what if it was?” Brax asked, “She’s worth it.”

I smiled at the four of them before I wriggled out of Brax’s grasp and turned around to face him, I leaned closer and pulled him in for a deep passionate kiss, and of

course, Ruby interrupted us,

“Okay, as cute as you may be together, you’re my mom, and I don’t wanna see this.” She said, gesturing to me and Brax. We both simply laughed at her before I took

Brax’s hand and led him to the centre of the ‘dance floor’ created by quite a few people.

“Lipstick, really?” Brax asked, as he placed his hands on my waist, mine around his neck as our bodies moved in rhythm together, “You could’ve just topped it up.” He

added, I raised my eyebrows at him,

“Is that really coming from you, belt-guy?” I asked smugly, he grinned before we both leaned in and shared another passionate kiss, this time with no interruptions.

Brax’s POV:

Charlie came over and pulled be away from the boys,

“Charlie. I’m talking to the boys.” I protested she slipped her left arm around my neck and slid her right towards my jeans, I grabbed her hand and held onto it, pulling it

away,

“I think the boys can wait.” She slurred, she’d had a fair bit to drink, and so had I, not too much not to drive though. “I want you to take me home.” She said, I grinned at

her, the boys whistled and jeered, I let her grab my hand and quickly lead me over to Ruby,

“Rubes we’re gonna head off now, don’t be home too late.” Charlie told Ruby, referring to the time, after all it was already 2:30am, and Charlie and I both knew we’d be up

for at least another hour.

“Oh please, like you’ll even notice what time I get back, you’ll be too busy.” Ruby retorted, I laughed, so did Charlie.

Charlie tugged on my hand and began pulling me up the hill towards my car again, she stopped,

“What?” I asked, wondering why she was delaying.

She wrapped her arms around my neck, “Mr. Braxton, are you going to do dirty things to me tonight?” She asked, yup, I think it’s safe to say, she drank way more than I

did.

“That depends, have you been a naughty girl?” I asked, she nodded before biting my lip, then kissing my jaw-line, making her way up to my ear,

“Very naughty.” She whispered, I grinned before kissing her lips, and this time, it was my chance to drag her towards the car.

We arrived soon after at Charlie’s house, I wanted to win the game I’d started from earlier on,

“C’mon then Braxton, let’s roll.” She said, I laughed.

“Actually I think I’m gonna head home, I’m a little tired.” I replied, she laughed knowing what I was doing,

“Alright.” She replied before she leaned forward and planted a soft kiss on my cheek, she slipped her shoes on before picking up her bag and strutting towards her house,

being sure to shake her backside as she did so, I laughed as she failed miserably, she was so drunk she ended up stumbling all over the place, I watched in interest as she

dropped her bag to the grass, she turned around to face me with a cheeky grin on her face, the grin widened as she bit her lip and began to unzip her dress, from the side,

all the way down, I watched in awe, mesmerised by her sexiness.

I felt myself grow extremely hard, she began to peel back the dress from the top to reveal her red lacy strapless bra and I was gone, I jumped out of the car and locked it

before heading over to her. Number 1) I sucked at the games, she was so sexy she always managed to win. Number 2) She was giving the whole neighbourhood a strip-

tease, and that should only be for me, and Number 3) My jeans had become way too tight for me to handle, and I needed her, as soon as.

She grinned as I rushed towards her before picking her bag up in my left hand and picking her up in my right,

“Oooh, demonstration of strength is it? Toting me away with just one arm?” She asked, I laughed at her before placing her down so I could open the door, once I did so, I

threw her stuff down on the kitchen floor and picked her up, heading for her bedroom,

“Miss Buckton you naughty, naughty girl, you could be arrested for that! Exposing yourself in public, tutut.” I said seductively, she grinned.

“Well, what are you gonna do about it?” She asked as she threw herself on the bed waiting for me to join her,

“I’ll show you.” I replied before joining her on her bed for a night of passion.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->

Thanks for reading, hope you enjoyed this one and please review! (:

Archived