What Are You Afraid Of?

Guest Samantha1

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OMG! Brilliant update Samantha!!

Firstly, Colleen (had to be mentioned) hilarious! haha, her comments really made me laugh.

Don't know where to start with Charlie and Brax...made up they are back together. The gift he bought her was so sweet, and their entire flirting/sex in the back of the car/getting back together was just fantastic!! Loved that Heath and Ruby pulled them on it. Really funny chapter!

Cant wait for the next update :D x

Hey guys, sorry for the little delay, this chapter isn’t so great but I hope you enjoy it, sorry if there’s any mistakes, I just uploaded as soon as. (:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 18.

Charlie’s POV:

I woke up beside Brax, my body entangled in his, although he was laying on top of me, squishing me, “Brax.” I groaned, slapping him, trying to wake him up, he didn’t stir.

“Brax, BRAX!” I yelled, he moaned slightly,

“Mhm, what?”

“Can’t...breathe.” I wheezed dramatically, he quickly rolled off me,

“Oh god, I’m sorry.” I laughed before rolling on top of him,

“That’s alright, baby.” He smiled before wrapping his arms around my waist and kissing my lips lightly. “Oh, you’re present!” I squealed before reaching across to my

bedside drawer and pulling out the envelope for two tickets to Bali. They would’ve cost a fortune but thank goodness Watson’s sister works for the travel agency so I got a

great deal.

A huge smile covered his face as he opened the envelope, “Charlie, this is way too much.” I smiled before touching the necklace he bought me and saying,

“And this wasn’t?”

I squealed as he flipped me over and lay over me, “You’re the best girlfriend ever.” He said before pecking my lips, I giggled, “And we’ll have a great time.”

“No.” I told him sternly before pushing him off me and sitting up,

“No?”

“Yeah, you always spoke about how Bali would be a good surf trip, so don’t take me, take a surfer.”

“But I wanna take you.”

“Take me if you want by all means, waste my money then.” I said cheekily, trying to guilt-trip him before crawling out of the bed and putting on some underwear and my

dressing gown,

“You’re cruel, y’know that?”

“Love you.” I said cheekily before winking at him and heading outside, “Oh, and you better go home and get packing, your flight leaves tonight, babe.”

I smiled lightly as he appeared from my bedroom in his boxers, “Heath.” He said, I smiled lightly, “Although, it’s a four-day trip, not sure if I’ll be able to live with that.”

I laughed before kissing his lips, “I’m sure you can manage.”

-Airport.-

“I’m gonna miss you.” I told Brax as my arms hung around his neck, he smiled down at me before kissing my forehead,

“I’m gonna miss you too, babe.”

I returned his smile before pulling his head towards mine as we indulged in a passionate kiss, “Oh guys, give it a rest.” Said Heath, “C’mon Brax, Bali awaits.”

Brax and I smiled against each other’s lips before parting, “You gonna get home okay?” Brax asked sweetly, I laughed at him,

“I should think so.” I grinned before kissing his lips again, “You two lovebirds enjoy yourself.” I winked before giving Heath a quick hug and kissing Brax again before

leaving and heading back to my car.

-Next day, Day 1 without Brax.-

I woke up to an empty bed and instantly the feeling hit me, I missed Brax so much already and he’d only been gone for a night. I sighed heavily before grabbing my phone and texting Bianca,

‘Boyfriend’s away, so is your love interest, wanna meet up?’

I got an instant reply, laughing at it, ‘Excuse you, Buckton, Heath Braxton is not my love interest, I’ll have you know, we’re just friends, but yes, let’s meet up, I’m bored!’

‘Pfft, you keep telling yourself that, and diner, 1 hour?’

‘See you then.’

I smiled before putting my phone back down and heading off to get ready to meet Bianca.

“Ah, hey there stranger!” She greeted me as I sat down opposite her at the table, “Beginning to forget what you look like.” She teased.

“Shut up, you only saw me the other day at the Christmas party.”

“Uh-huh, and what did you do on Boxing Day?”

“Nothing, it was a lazy day.” I informed her quietly.

“Lazy day spent in bed?” She kept going, I nodded, “Not much of a lazy day if you spent most of it having sex.”

“Bianca!” I screeched before hitting her arm, “And not the whole day I’ll have you know, because Brax had to leave for a bit to go and pack.”

“Whatever, majority of the day then.” She corrected, I nodded.

“You’re just extremely jealous of my sex-life.” I teased her, she blushed, “Is there something you’re not telling me?”

She bit her lip, “Bianca Scott, you talk to me, now.” I demanded.

“Alright, there might be a slight chance, an absolutely tiny one, that Heath and I are more than friends, just a little.”

I raised my eyebrows as my mouth dropped open, “What on earth did you get up to on Boxing Day?”

“Nothing, it was more Christmas Day.” I laughed at her, “But I don’t really know where things stand with us.”

I laughed at her, “Well, you can find out when they get back.”

I grinned as my phone buzzed, hoping it was a certain something,

‘Oh Buckton, we miss you so much, mwah mwah mwah, smooch, smooch.’

I sighed as I knew Heath had taken Brax’s phone and text me from it, “Who’s that?” Bianca asked.

“Your idiot lover.” I told her before showing her the text to which she laughed.

-Day 2 without Brax.-

I woke up at 4am to a text from Brax;

‘Sorry babe, that was Heath messing around x’

I groaned before throwing my phone across the room and falling back to sleep.

I woke up at 11am this time and picked my phone up, sending a message to Brax:

‘You idiot, I think you forgot about the time difference, waking me up at 4am, and this is the only text you’re getting because texting to a fricken Indonesian island is gonna

cost me a bloody fortune.’

:( thought I’d be worth at least two texts, but I see how this is, and I bet you weren’t sleeping anyway, you’ve been missing me too much ;)’

‘Maybe ;) yeah, well, you see, your girlfriend has particular needs that have to be satisfied, so you hurry home and sort those.’

‘Just got back to the hotel, surf was amazing, don’t worry, can’t wait to get back to you, Heath’s disgusted, not many hot chicks out her for him to get his claws into.’

‘Glad you’re enjoying it, ah yes, speaking of the muppet... Him and Bianca.’

‘What? When?!’

‘Christmas Day, she said.’

‘Interesting’

‘Yeah, listen babe, this really is gonna be costing us so much so I’m gonna go and do something productive with my life, like take a nice hot shower...naked.’

I grinned as I awaited his reply, ‘You are SUCH a damn tease, god are we gonna be busy when I get back, bye.’

I smiled before rolling over in my bed and drifting off to sleep again, my day spent catching up on some much needed sleep.

-Day 3 without Brax.-

A day not well-spent, used for getting through movie boxsets.

-Day 4, he’s coming home!-

I grinned as I glanced at my watch ‘5pm’, they were due to board the plane soon, my phone started ringing and a huge smile covered my face as Brax’s name flashed across the screen,

“Hey you!” I buzzed as I answered the phone, he groaned, “What’s up?”

“Babe, there’s a problem over here, all flights are cancelled, I mightn’t be home for another good few days.”

My heart sank, “W-what?”

“I’m sorry baby, I won’t be home for a while.”

“But I miss you.” I moaned.

He laughed a little, “I miss you too.”

“Does that mean you won’t be back for New Years?”

“I don’t know, babe, I hope I will.”

“Okay, well, ring me when you are coming home, I love you.”

“Will do, love you too.”

I sighed before hanging up and slumping on the couch, I was barely coping without him for four days, let alone another god knows how many.

I sighed again before going into my room and collapsing onto my bed.

-2 days later.-

I entered the house, sighing once again, it’s all I seemed to do these days, well, because I missed Brax, and it really didn’t look like he’d be home by tomorrow, and

tomorrow was New Years Eve.

“Ah, hello mother dearest, it’s about time you got back.”

I smiled as I sat down on the couch next to Ruby, “It’s not that late, Rubes.”

“Eh, it’s half 9, Charlie, you’re not normally out that late.”

“Hm, okay.”

“Anyway, time to stop sulking, we’re having some mother/daughter time, involving a DVD marathon, so, go and get your jammies on then get back out here.”

I grinned before kissing her forehead and hurrying off to get changed.

I walked back into the living room, Ruby sending me funny glares, “Okay, I said jammies, not skimpy underwear.”

I laughed at her, “Ruby, it’s shorts and a top, they may be silk, but hey.”

“Obviously for Brax’s benefit.” She winked.

“Yeah, but he’s not here now.” I replied before pulling my dressing gown around myself tighter,

“You okay?” She asked as I sat down beside her, I nodded,

“I’m fine, I just miss him, that’s all.”

“I know you do, that’s what tonight is for, to take your mind off it.”

I smiled before kissing her cheek as we began watching the movies.

An hour or so later there was a knock on the door, we both groaned, we had gotten very, very comfortable and didn’t want to move, “You go.” Ruby moaned.

“No, you go.” I told her.

I sighed before getting off the couch and heading towards the door, I squealed at the sight I saw before jumping right into his arms, he instantly supported me as I wrapped my legs around his waist, he grinned as I planted kisses all over his face, he laughed and placed me down on the kitchen counter, standing in between my legs,

“Well hello to you too.” Brax said.

“I missed you so much.” I told him before pulling him into a hug.

He laughed before kissing my neck, “I can tell, and I missed you too, hence why I literally just dropped Heath off, and came straight here.”

I smiled up at him as we parted and stared into each other’s eyes, “Go on then.”

“What?”

“Kiss me.”

He grinned before lowering his lips on mine and slipping his tongue into my mouth, showing me just how much he missed me.

Brax moaned slightly as we parted, “What’s up?” I asked him.

“I’m exhausted babe, flying really takes it outta ya.”

I smiled lightly, “Don’t be expecting any leniency from me, we’ve got a reunion to be had.”

He grinned before kissing my lips lightly, “I wasn’t expecting any.” He said cheekily, just as Ruby walked in, she had changed.

“I’m gonna go.” She announced,

“Where Rubes? It’s late.”

“I’m gonna stay at Casey’s tonight, I don’t want to hear your reunion.”

I laughed as she scurried out of the house.

“I see you’re wearing the necklace.” Brax grinned, pointing to my neck, I nodded and grinned,

“Yeah, I love it.” A smile covered his face as he kissed my lips again, I parted and bit my lip as I untied my dressing gown to reveal my ‘skimpy’ underwear as Ruby said,

but it wasn’t, his eyes widened slightly before he quickly shut the front door and turned back to me,

“Mr. Braxton, I recon you should take me to bed.”

“I recon I should too.” He said cheekily before taking me in his arms and carrying me into my bedroom.

Great couple of updates! Really love the humour and relationships you show. Written so well and always eager for next update!

Liked how you wrote the days apart as well...nice update and obviously loved all their conversation and interaction and eagerness to see eachother when Brax returned. Great update :wub:

ADORED those 2 chapters !!!!!, especially …..

 “Here you go.” She said, handing me a present, “I hope you don’t mind, but we had no idea what to get you so we split this between the three of us.” Referring to her, Leah and VJ, although considering VJ’s age I wouldn’t have expected him to pay a cent towards it.

 As we neared the Braxton’s house I felt more nervous than I thought possible, knowing there was a large possibility that Brax might open the door, my grip on the wheel tightened as I pulled up outside their house,

 I looked up at her guiltily, “He told me he loves me.”

Her mouth dropped open before she began to excitedly babble, “Oh my god, you guys are so getting back together, and you’re in love, and that’s so cute, and oh my, getting back together on Christmas Day too, how beautiful!”

I laughed at her, “Calm down will you? I didn’t say anything about us getting back together.”

 Casey, Heath and I arrived at the beach, and immediately, my eyes were on her, her, just her.

She was wearing a short, tight fitted burgundy dress, cut above her knee, and her favourite high heeled black wedges, she had also straightened her hair.

 “Awww, you two would look so cute and Christmassy together, you’re wearing red, he’s wearing green.”

“Oh shut it Ruby.” I laughed at her before quickly turning around to look at Brax again, he caught my eye and smiled, I blushed, I didn’t return the smile, instead I turned back around to Ruby,

“Oh this is ridiculous.” She said, “Your face is almost the colour of your dress, mother.” I hit her arm gently with the clutch bag I was carrying,

 “Oh c’mon.” He said, I grinned at him. I leaned further back into the door before hitching my dress up slightly, being a tease, I watch Brax mesmerised by such a simple

movement.

 It was probably up there with one of the quickest times we had had sex, knowing people would be wondering where we got to, I laughed as I watched Brax struggle to put

on his boxers, he quickly handed me my underwear,

“Put these on, I don’t want anyone else getting a look-in at ya.” He said before winking at me.

 “Lipstick, really?” Brax asked, as he placed his hands on my waist, mine around his neck as our bodies moved in rhythm together, “You could’ve just topped it up.” He

added, I raised my eyebrows at him,

“Is that really coming from you, belt-guy?” I asked smugly, he grinned before we both leaned in and shared another passionate kiss, this time with no interruptions.

 She wrapped her arms around my neck, “Mr. Braxton, are you going to do dirty things to me tonight?” She asked, yup, I think it’s safe to say, she drank way more than I

did.

“That depends, have you been a naughty girl?” I asked, she nodded before biting my lip, then kissing my jaw-line, making her way up to my ear,

“Very naughty.” She whispered, I grinned before kissing her lips, and this time, it was my chance to drag her towards the car.

 I watched in interest as she dropped her bag to the grass, she turned around to face me with a cheeky grin on her face, the grin widened as she bit her lip and began to unzip her dress, from the side, all the way down, I watched in awe, mesmerised by her sexiness.

I felt myself grow extremely hard, she began to peel back the dress from the top to reveal her red lacy strapless bra and I was gone, I jumped out of the car and locked it

before heading over to her. Number 1) I sucked at the games, she was so sexy she always managed to win. Number 2) She was giving the whole neighbourhood a strip-

tease, and that should only be for me, and Number 3) My jeans had become way too tight for me to handle, and I needed her, as soon as.

 “Miss Buckton you naughty, naughty girl, you could be arrested for that! Exposing yourself in public, tutut.” I said seductively, she grinned.

 -Next day, Day 1 without Brax.-

 “Lazy day spent in bed?” She kept going, I nodded, “Not much of a lazy day if you spent most of it having sex.”

“Bianca!” I screeched before hitting her arm, “And not the whole day I’ll have you know, because Brax had to leave for a bit to go and pack.”

 -Day 3 without Brax.-

A day not well-spent, used for getting through movie boxsets.

 “Ah, hello mother dearest, it’s about time you got back.”

I smiled as I sat down on the couch next to Ruby, “It’s not that late, Rubes.”

“Eh, it’s half 9, Charlie, you’re not normally out that late.”

 I walked back into the living room, Ruby sending me funny glares, “Okay, I said jammies, not skimpy underwear.”

I laughed at her, “Ruby, it’s shorts and a top, they may be silk, but hey.”

“Obviously for Brax’s benefit.” She winked.

“Yeah, but he’s not here now.” I replied before pulling my dressing gown around myself tighter,

Thanks for the lovely reviews, hope you enjoy this one(:

x-x

Chapter 19.

Brax’s POV:

Charlie and I both walked tiredly into the diner, after all, we didn’t get much sleep last night, we spent into the very early hours of the morning doing...stuff.

She grinned as I took a seat opposite her, “Oh yeah? What’re you grinning at?”

“You look so tired.” She teased before gently stroking my cheek.

“I am.” I moaned before kissing her hand as she withdrew it and placed it back on the table.

“Well, let’s just say, you can sleep when you’re dead, you can’t do what we were doing when you’re dead.” She grinned, I nodded,

“But I don’t plan on dying anytime soon, so I might have to get some shut-eye before then.”

“Yeah, I recon you should go home, take a nap before tonight, after all, it’s New Years’ Eve.”

“I suppose, wanna join me?” I asked, innocently.

She scoffed, “Brax, I couldn’t possibly take any more this morning.”

“Jesus, what do you take me for? I need a break too! I meant just sleeping in the same bed, woman!”

She laughed, “Babe, the two of us sharing a bed without doing...stuff. I don’t see it happening.”

“Yeah, me either.” I laughed as Leah came over to take our orders.

“Morning lovebirds.” Heath grinned as he leaned over our table.

“Morning.” Charlie and I groaned.

“Aww, if I didn’t know any better, I’d say the two of yas were up late last night, having a good catch-up in the bedroom.”

“Glad you know better then, Heath.”

He winked at me before kissing Charlie’s cheek, “What was that for?” She asked.

“A thank you for the trip, Buckton, and, if you ever get tired of Brax, I’ll have you, and you can shower me with plenty of trips to Bali.” He said cheekily.

“Unlucky for you she’ll never get tired of me, eh?” He smirked,

“Oh, says who?” Charlie grinned.

“Please babe, you’ll never get tired of this sex-bomb.” I told her before gesturing up and down my body, causing her to laugh.

Heath kissed my cheek too, “And what was that for?” I asked him.

“Thanks for taking me on the trip, babycakes.” Charlie laughed at his stupidity, “Well, I’ll leave you two lovebirds to it, catch yas later.” He saluted us before heading out of

the diner.

“I never actually asked, Brax, how was the trip?” Charlie asked.

“It was amazing, thank you so much.” I smiled before leaning across the table and kissing her lips,

“Good surf?”

“Great surf.”

“Nice hotel?”

“Great hotel.”

“Nice girls?” She said subtly before glancing away, I laughed,

“Nah, you’re the only girl for me.” I winked before kissing her hand, causing her to blush.

x-x

Ruby’s POV:

I laughed as Charlie stepped out of her room, gently tugging her dress down as she did so, “What?” She asked as she left her room.

“Someone’s out to impress.” I grinned as I looked down at her outfit, she was wearing black stilettos, smoky make-up, her hair was done up in a neat bun and she was

wearing a navy blue dress, tight around her bust but flowed into a loose skirt, Brax’s favourite dress no doubt.

“I am not.” She defended, “You ready to go?” She asked.

“Yup.” I winked before we both left the house.

x-x

Charlie’s POV:

I smiled as I walked into Angelo’s for the New Years’ do, it was jam-packed already and it was only 8pm. My smile deepened as I caught a glimpse of Brax behind the bar,

he looked up and smiled as I walked towards him.

“Wow, this place is booming.” I told Brax before leaning over the bar and kissing his lips,

“I know.” He grinned as I sat down on the bar stool and looked up at him, “Gotta love your daughter for coming up with the idea eh.” I nodded, “She’s a clever child,

wonder where she gets that from?” Brax questioned teasingly.

“Hmm, yeah so do I.” I grinned.

“Yeah, must be from her Dad eh.” Brax’s face registered remorse as soon as the words left his mouth, I silently bit my lip before looking down, “I’m sorry Charlie, I eh, I

didn’t mean anything by that.”

“No, no, it’s fine, I know you didn’t.” I smiled up at him,

“I’m sorry.” He said again before reaching over the bar and holding out his hands, I placed my petite hands in his large ones,

“Stop apologising, babe, I know you didn’t mean it.”

“Good, because she obviously gets it from her mom, because her mom is smart and beautiful too.”

“Is she now?”

He grinned, “Yes she is, and she’s all mine.”

“Oh really? Really?” I asked teasingly, the grin on his face widened as he dropped my hands and walked around the bar so he was standing right in front of my stool,

“Hell yeah she is.” He said confidently before placing his hands on my waist as he pulled me in for a passionate kiss.

“Woah, hey, hey, hey!” Bianca interrupted us, we parted and rested out cheeks against each other’s as we glared in her direction, wondering what the interruption was for,

“Guys, it’s not 12am yet.”

“And what?” Brax grinned before pulling me off the stool and sitting down, lifting me onto his lap, Bianca groaned, “You’re so jealous.” Brax teased before kissing my

cheek.

“I am not, I’m perfectly happy being single.” Bianca frowned as Brax and I grinned at her, “And what are you both grinning at?”

“About that...” I began.

“About what? Charlotte Buckton, you tell me what you meant right now.” She demanded, I grinned.

“Oooh, Charlotte, it’s getting serious now.” Brax teased her.

“Shut up, Darryl!” She demanded.

“Hey, hey, hey, there’s no need for that.” Brax told her, I laughed before loosely wrapping my arm around his neck and pulling him closer to me.

“Come on then, tell me what you’re referring to.” She directed at Brax and I, I nudged him, giving him the signal that he had to tell her,

“You and Heath.” He winked.

“CHARLIE!” Bianca squealed, “You told him?!”

I bit my lip before nodding, “He’s my boyfriend, Bianca, he gets these things outta me.” I defended.

“Oh I bet.” She sighed.

“Plus, he’s Heath’s brother, he was gonna find out soon enough.”

She nodded, “I suppose.”

“Hey dudes.” Heath grinned as he approached the three of us,

“Heeeeey Heath.” I grinned, he looked at me suspiciously,

“How much have you had to drink already?”

“I have had nothing I’ll have you know!” I informed him, feigning offence in my voice.

“Oh sure, this one’s gonna have fun with you tonight.” Heath smirked nodding at Brax,

“Please, we have fun every night.” I informed him, Brax grinned,

“Oh yeah.” He added before kissing my cheek. “I better get back to work.” Brax said before easing me off his lap and standing up,

“I’ll help.” I announced, receiving odd glares from Bianca, Brax and Heath.

“You are going to help me work?” Brax asked in disbelief.

“Yes.” I replied before dragging his hand and walking off, managing to catch something Heath said before we left,

“Looks like we’re being left alone.” I turned around and caught Bianca’s eye, I winked at her before turning back around.

I smiled as Brax and I left them both to it.

x-x

I smiled lightly as I stepped onto the balcony at Angelo’s, the breeze immediately hitting my face as it glided through my hair.

I jumped as Brax wrapped his arms around my waist, he kissed my neck once before resting his chin on my shoulder, “What’s up with you?” He asked softly.

“Nothing, just wanted a bit of air.” I turned around and smiled up at him, he placed a small kiss on my nose,

“You look very hot tonight.” Brax grinned as he gently pushed me back into the railings, moving his body as close to mine as possible,

“You don’t look too bad yourself.” I winked before closing the gap between us and kissing his lips.

He groaned as he pulled away, “Do you know how hard it is to resist you right now?” He whispered,

“Don’t resist me then.” I whispered back, causing him to laugh lightly.

“Come with me.” He said as a cheeky grin covered his face, he took my hand and walked back through Angelo’s and into his office.

I squealed as we stepped into his office, Brax slamming and locking the door shut behind us before placing me down on his bare desk, which he had already cleared, as if

by magic, either that or he knew he’d attempt to seduce me at some point tonight, and then have his wicked way with me on his office desk.

x-x

“Well, that was an interesting turn of events.” I smirked at Brax as I finished putting my underwear on before slipping into my dress and stilettos,

“It most certainly was.” He smiled as he buttoned up his shirt, “How’d you recon the two lovers outside are going?”

“I have absolutely no idea, but I recon come 12am, they’ll be eating each other for breakfast.”

Brax laughed as I attempted to tuck away the stray bits of hair, I squealed as he slapped my backside as I unlocked the door and headed back outside, pulling on his hand

as he followed close behind me.

x-x

-Almost 12am.-

Brax and I both laughed as we saw Heath and Bianca kissing in the corner of Angelo’s in one of the booths, well, when I say ‘kissing’ I mean eating the faces off each

other.

“Shouldn’t you be waiting till 12?!” Brax yelled over at them, I laughed as Bianca removed her hand from Heath’s face to show him the finger before she went back to

kissing Heath.

I grinned as Brax turned around to face me, both of us eagerly waiting for 12am to arrive.

“10.” Everyone began, “9...8...7...6...5...4...3...” I laughed as Brax lifted himself off the ground and quickly hopped over the bar, landing right in front of my stool, “2...1...”

My smile grew as Brax had pulled me off the stool and into his arms upon the announcement of ‘1’, I looked up into his deep green eyes,

“Happy New Year, sexy.” He said before pulling my body into his.

“Happy New Year, you.” I managed to tell him before the both of us became locked in our passionate New Years’ kiss.

Archived