What Are You Afraid Of?

Guest Samantha1

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chapter 9.

-Three months later: Charlie and Brax have been secretly seeing each other for all this time, Leah remains to be the only one who knows about the couple-

Charlie’s POV:

I glanced at my phone and read the message from D.B:

‘Hey gorgeous, I’m picking you up at 7pm so we can have some alone time together ;)’

I grinned before replying;

‘I can’t wait’

I checked the time on my phone ‘1pm’, great, I’d have to wait another 6 hours to see him. I sighted before I placed my phone down on the unit before heading off to get ready. I emerged from my room a little later, my make-up was kept fairly minimal, I was sporting a natural look, I had opted for my yellow summery dress, it was still quite mild outside, I walked out to the front porch and collected the mail before heading inside, a particular envelope had my name printed on it, the way in which it was written struck me, and so I opened it first.

As my eyes scanned over the letter my heart started beating faster, I dropped the glass of water I was holding, it fell to the ground and smashed, my memory flashed back to that day, I felt sick and ran off to my bedroom, in tears.

Brax’s POV:

I walked towards the pathway to Charlie’s house, wearing a red and grey chequered shirt, black jeans and some trainers, my heart began to beat faster with the excitement of seeing her again, it seemed to be the longer we were together, the harder it was to keep our relationship a secret and spend time with each other.

I approached the open front door and knocked on it,

“CHARLIE!” I yelled, there was no reply, I stepped in the door quietly, I saw the mail scattered all over the table before noticing a glass of clear liquid smashed on the floor.

My heart started beating faster again, this time with nerves.

“CHARLIE!” I yelled, louder this time, again, no reply.

I headed into the lounge, I heard the shower running, I headed to the bathroom door and knocked on it,

“Charlie.” I said again, no reply, I opened the door, it wasn’t locked, Charlie was sitting under the shower, letting the water run over her, she was in her lemon coloured dress, she was fiercely rubbing her hands over her body, now she was hugging her knees.

I shut and locked the bathroom door behind me, before heading over to the shower, Charlie didn’t look up at me once, I opened the separator door and closed it before I sat down next to her, not caring if I got soaked or not, she needed comfort, it was a tight squeeze, but we both managed to fit.

“Charlie?” I questioned as I glared at her, she looked up at me, her sparkling blue eyes, glazed over with tears, she forced a smile for me as we stared into each other’s eyes, the water continuing to rain over us.

I glanced over at her skin before looking back into her eyes, “Baby, your skin’s red raw, what’d you do?”

I wasn’t expecting her to answer me, but she did, “I just felt- I remembered, and I felt d-d-di-dirty.”

I placed my arm around her waist and pulled her closer to me, she nestled her head into my chest and I kissed the top of her head.

“Why dirty? Charlie, what happened?” I asked softly. She wasn’t ready to tell me yet, I felt her shake her head against my chest before she replied weakly,

“Nothing.” She stretched out her left arm and wrapped it around me, holding me tightly, I tightened the grip my arm had around her waist, I used my right arm to reach up, I twisted the knob and turned the shower off.

The water stopped falling, she pulled away from me and wiped her eyes, I kept my arm around her waist, I placed my right arm underneath her legs, she winced slightly, I was about to withdraw my hand but she smiled at me, as if wanting me to go on, I lifted her up, she pushed open the shower separator door, I walked over towards the bathroom door, I unlocked and opened it before I carried her into her room, her head tightly tucked into my chest. I walked into her bedroom, gently kicking the door shut behind me before placing her down on her bed, I lifted her dress up over her bed and threw it on the floor, before walking over to her wardrobe and withdrawing her purple silk dressing gown, I walked back over and handed it to her, she slipped it on. She reached out for my hand and gestured for me to sit down beside her on the bed, I did so,

“Thank you.” She said, before resting her head against my shoulder, I smiled to myself before placing my arm around her and gently rubbing her back,

“Do you want me to stay the night?” I asked, just wanting to comfort her.

She pulled away from me, “No, could you please leave before the others get back?” I smiled and nodded.

“Alright.” I replied, she leaned forward and placed a soft kiss on my lips before gently stroking my face with her hand, I got up and kissed her forehead before leaving her house.

As I left the house, I kept thinking to myself what the imposed feeling was that overcame my body every time I was around Charlie, it seemed to get stronger and stronger each time I spent time with her. I shook the thought from my head and continued on my journey home.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->

This chapter was short for suspense! Not to worry, next update will be longer to make up for it! Thanks for reading, even bigger thanks to those of you who review. (:

Thanks so much for all your awesome reviews so far, they’re lovely to read. Hope you enjoy this next one. (:

Chapter 10.

Charlie’s POV:

The following morning I didn’t feel so great, I hadn’t slept well the night before, truth is I did want Brax to stay, but I couldn’t risk anyone else catching us, I definitely wasn’t ready for that yet. Leah had gone out of town with Miles and VJ, and Ruby spent the night at Casey’s, if I knew she was going before, I would’ve let Brax stay over, because I needed him.

I sighed as I crawled out of bed, feeling cold from having slept with my hair soaking wet, I tied my hair into a loose bun and headed out into the kitchen, I picked the mail up off the floor including the letter that I scrunched up and brought it all into the dining table inside before I headed back outside to clean up the smashed glass.

I went inside and took a deep breath as I sat down and read the letter again, this time with a more rational head on my shoulders:

Charlie,

I’m sure you know now it’s been a year since my husband’s death, a year since your father brutally murdered him, and 17 years since what he did to you. Ironic isn’t it? How your father killed him on the anniversary of your rape.

I can’t imagine what it’s like to be raped, but I can’t imagine Grant being the type to rape somebody either, it’s simply not in his nature, or was not in his nature should I say. And I’ll never forgive you or your father for destroying our family and leaving our three children, fatherless.

I apologise if this letter has made you feel uncomfortable, it honestly wasn’t my intention, but I needed you to know just how bitter I still remain over his death.

Zoe Bledcoe.

I sighed as I looked at the attached picture Zoe had placed in the card, it was a picture of their family, all happy and smiley.

Truth is, I probably should feel guilty for ripping apart a family, but I didn’t, my Dad killed him because of what he did to his little girl, and I am forever grateful for my Dad for finally doing that, and making me feel completely safe again.

The reason why the letter freaked me out so much yesterday I don’t know. It was probably mainly due to the fact that I had become so infatuated with Brax over the past few months that it was just him that seemed to consume my mind. Because of Brax, he made me completely forget about the anniversary of my rape and the anniversary of Grant’s death, and I had him to thank for that too. No matter how much I wanted to, I definitely wasn’t ready to tell Brax yet.

My thought process was interrupted by Ruby,

“CHARLIE!” She yelled whilst snapping her fingers in front of my face, I tore my eyes away from the photo and looked up at her,

“What’s up?” She asked, I shook my head absentmindedly before handing her the letter and photo as she took a seat opposite me, whilst she did so, I checked my phone,

1 message, D.B, I smiled to myself before opening it:

‘Hey Charlie, just checking you’re okay after last night? If you need anything, just ask.’

I smiled before glancing up at Ruby, seeing she was still engrossed in the letter I began to type:

‘Hey you. I’m fine now, and thanks.’

I put my phone down as Ruby’s anger required my attention,

“HOW DARE SHE!” Ruby yelled, “Charlie, she can’t do this to you.”

I shook my head, “Sweetie, that was my reaction the first time I read it, I ended up sitting in the shower for almost 2 hours afterwards, but I just need to forget about it and move on, she’s still grieving, and that’s understandable.”

“But she’s still denying he raped you when, when-”

Her voice began to break down and I placed my hand on hers, “Sweetheart, it’s fine, imagine how you’d feel if the father of your three children was murdered? A man you never thought would ever have been capable of doing such things, of course you’d still be upset and angry about it.”

She nodded, I stood up and gave her a hug, she hugged me back, “You’re too nice, you know that.” She told me, I laughed before I kissed her forehead and headed back into my room to get dressed before I went for a walk.

Brax’s POV:

I had re-read Charlie’s text message 6 times now, each time, me believing her less and less that she was ‘fine’ as she put it, she was an absolute state last night, and I wanted her to tell me why. I smiled as I saw her enter Angelo’s, it was only 10:30am, no one had started working yet, it was just me, and her.

She sent me that gorgeous smile, that made her eyes light up insanely which made her look even more beautiful than usual, I came out from behind the bar and met her,

“Hey.” She said softly,

“Hey you.” I replied, her smile widened as she placed her hands on my waist and kissed me softly on my lips.

I felt a huge smile form on my own face as she pulled away. I sat down on the nearest bar stool, inviting Charlie to sit on my lap, which she did,

“So.” I started.

“Thank you for last night.” She said sweetly, the gratitude evident in her voice.

“It’s alright, I should’ve stayed with you though.”

She shook her head and entwined my fingers in hers, “I wanted you to, it’s just, well, I didn’t want anyone to end up catching us, again.”

“So what happened?” I asked, eager to know why she was so upset and why she felt ‘dirty’.

“I just got a bit of bad news.” She replied shortly, I knew she didn’t want to talk about it.

“Well, if you ever need to talk, you know I’m here.” I said before I gave her hand a gentle squeeze.

She smiled at me, I returned the smile before I leaned forward and kissed her cheek, “Anyway.” She said more cheerfully. “I was thinking, if you’re free tonight, we could reschedule our date?” She asked.

I smiled, and could feel my face light up, “Yeah, I could do that.” I replied,

“Great.” She said before jumping off my lap, “Well, I better get going, see ya later.”

“Bye.” I replied before we both leaned in and shared a very long kiss. She smiled before she turned around and left, I laughed as I watched the way she seductively

walked out, on purpose of course, before I tried my best to focus and get back to work.

Charlie’s POV:

I grinned as I stared down at the text from Brax, it’d just gone 6pm now:

‘Beach, usual spot at 8.’

I smiled before I headed off to have a shower and get ready.

-Beach, 8pm.-

I strolled along the beach, looking out for Brax, I was wearing a coral summery dress, whilst carrying my sandals in my hand, I smiled deeply when I saw a figure, sitting on a blanket, with several candles lit, I laughed as one fell over and I heard Brax curse, I quickened the pace and walked up behind him, placing my hands on his waist,

“Boo!” I yelled at the same time, before my antics, he was bending over trying to relight the candle, me scaring him made him fall over, causing me to end up in hysterics of laughter.

He quickly jumped back up and faced me, his cheeks had gone bright red, causing me to laugh more,

“Aww, come here.” I said to him as I linked my arms around his neck and pulled him closer, pulling him in for a deep passionate kiss.

He pulled away, this time with a satisfied grin on his face, I leant my head against his chest as I observed the scene in front of me, there was a hamper basket, a blanket, the candles, and of course, Brax, what more could a woman want?

I looked up at him and smiled, my arm loosely around his waist, “Who knew Darryl Braxton did romance?” I asked, quite surprised at all the effort he’d gone through, just for me.

“Don’t go telling anyone now.” He replied, causing me to laugh, I sat down, pulling him down with me, perhaps a little too hard as he completely fell on top of me,

“Owwww.” I moaned from underneath him.

He quickly rolled off me and sat up beside me, glaring down at me, I stayed there, lying down for a while before I gradually got up and turned to face him,

“Your fault.” He said.

“I didn’t know you’d fall on me like an elephant!” I yelled back sarcastically, covering my mouth as sudden realisation dawned on me, that I did in fact, just call him an elephant.

He plastered an offended tone all over his face, I could tell it was sarcastic, “Oh, elephant am I?” He asked.

“Nono, I didn’t mean it as in fat.” He glared at me, “Am I just digging myself a bigger grave here?” He nodded, before pouting, “Aww.” I said as I straddled him, causing him to grin ever so slightly, “I meant sexy, and very, very muscular.”

“Oh what? So I’m a sexy elephant now?” I laughed before I slapped his chest, causing him to laugh too,

“No, you idiot!” I was about to move away from him but he gripped my waist, not letting me move,

“I was just messing with you.” He said before he gently squeezed my cheek, I laughed before he leaned forward and kissed me, quickly growing more passionate and before I knew it, I was fully on top of him, his hands already sliding up my dress, I quickly pulled away and rolled off him,

“NO!” I yelled, “Brax, we’re gonna eat, save that for later.”

“But you made me, y’know.” He said, gesturing to his trousers, I laughed,

“Aww, I’m sure I can ‘make you y’know’ later as well.” I replied seductively before I winked and planted a kiss on his cheek as he began to remove the food from the hamper.

-Charlie’s place, 10:15pm.-

I had taken Brax back to mine for, desert let’s say, and to think him for a lovely dinner. I’d left him in bed momentarily while I stood in the kitchen, drinking my water, wearing my green silk shorts and a matching vest top. I stood with my back against the counter and smiled as Brax joined me in the kitchen,

“Jeez, do you wanna hurry up in here?” He asked, causing me to laugh, I put my empty glass in the sink before turning back to him. His hands found their place on my waist, mine on his shoulder blades as his lips instantly met mine and our tongues found their ways into each other’s mouths, he lifted me up onto the kitchen counter, I opened my legs around him, letting him stand in between them, the kiss deepened as I did so.

I heard sudden knocking on the back door, causing me to jump, I pushed Brax away from me and jumped down before opening the front door and looking back at Brax, he instantly shook his head,

“No friggin’ way.” He immediately said.

“Brax, come on!” I moaned, having no idea who it was, Ruby was staying at Casey’s and the others were still up the coast.

I grabbed him and began pushing him towards the door, “Charlie, no, babe c’mon, I’m just in my boxers, it’s freezing outside.” I grinned before I kissed him and shoved him out the door, he blocked it, “You don’t even know who it is, what if it’s a burglar, and he-he kills you?!”

I laughed at him, “Then you can give me the kiss of life.” I replied before slamming the door shut and running to the back to get it, I unbolted and opened it to be met by Ruby,

“Rubes, I thought you were staying at Casey’s?” I asked.

“Yeah I am, I just forgot my bag, sorry were you asleep?”

I bit my lip before replying, “Eh, yeah.”

“Oh sorry!” She replied,

“No, it’s okay, have a good night.” I called after her as she left,

“Yeaah, bye!”

I quickly shut and bolted the door again before running back to the front, I walked outside, “Brax.” I whispered, “BRAX.” I said louder this time.

I didn’t hear him jump out of the bushes behind me, I jumped when I felt his arms around my waist, I screamed,

“Shhh, I thought you wanted us to be a secret.” He whispered, I soon relaxed into his grasp, although he was freezing cold, he kissed my neck softly before I turned around and faced him.

I kissed his lips as his hands made their way to my waist and he gently pulled my body into is as he swayed both of us, I pulled away from him and smiled up at him,

“I hope you weren’t seen by the neighbours.” I said.

“So what if I was?” He asked, “They’d just be extremely jealous that you had a very attractive man running out of your house, in just his boxers.”

I laughed at his response, “Is that so?” I asked as I pushed my body against him, causing us to walk backwards into the house, I shut the door behind us, and placed my hands back in their place on Brax’s shoulder blades,

“I’m so cold.” He said as he laid his forehead on mine,

“Aww, I know just how to warm you up.” I said seductively, before I kissed him and took his hand, leading him back to my bedroom.

I've been waiting for an update for this and it was well worth the wait! Just perfect!! :wub:

Firstly...the letter! Omg, that woman has a nerve! How dare she send Charlie something like that :( poor Charlie...

Secondly, Charlie and Brax were just gorgeous together. Definitely a few of my favourite Chax moments in this chapter. The beach scene was so romantic (and Charlie is right, what more could you want?!?) And the whole scene in Charlie's made me laugh. Her pushing him out of the house in just his boxers was brilliant!!

Really well done Sam. :) can't wait for your next update!!! X

THREE awesome updates !!!!!, especially ......

 I woke up next to Brax, darn it, we’d both fallen asleep after a rather intense and long love-making session last night. I smiled as I remembered how amazing it was, my thoughts were interrupted by Brax.

 there was a knock on the door again,

“Charlie!” Leah called,

“Yeah just a sec!” I called back before shoving Brax onto the floor, he kissed me quickly before crawling under the bed.

I quickly sat up in bed, covering myself with the duvet to mask the fact that I was naked.

“Come in.” I called, Leah entered and immediately burst out laughing, “What?” I asked, confused.

She bent down on the floor and picked something up, then dangled it in the air, Brax's shirt, “Looks like someone had some company last night.” She said smugly, I blushed slightly before laughing,

“Brax!” I laughed as he crawled out from under the bed,

“Hey.” He said awkwardly to Leah,

“Omg, you!” She said shocked, “Charlie! You and Brax.”

“Shhhh!” I told her, not wanting Ruby or anyone else in the house to find out

 glanced down at his boxers, noticing his bulge, I looked back up at him,

I raised my eyebrows, “That better not have been for Leah.”

He laughed before replying, “Don’t worry baby, it’s all for you.”

 I opted for wearing a dark green thick strapped loose-fitted dress, with a pair of flat sandals, my hair was usual and wavy and my make-up was done it’s normal way,

 I tore my eyes away from him and glanced at Leah who was busily laughing away to herself, probably at me and Brax, I kicked her from under the table, well I thought it was her,

“OW, CHARLIE!” Miles yelled, I felt my face go pale,

“I’m so sorry.” He looked at me questioningly, “Leg spasms.”

 , Ruby and Casey were pretending like there was no one else in the restaurant except for the two of them

 I laughed, “Are you complaining?” I asked, he shook his head, “I’m in dire need of saving, you see, I think you should ban PDAs in this restaurant.”

He laughed, “Why’s that?”

“Leah and Miles are too touchy-touchy at the table, and don’t even get me started on your brother and my daughter okay, I didn’t even know it was possible that your tongue could go that far down someone else’s throat.”

 “Please.” I pecked them again, “Hurry.” And again. “With.” And again. “Our.” And again. “Pizzas.”

 “Yeah, we’ve been waiting ages.” Casey added.

“Oh please, like you even noticed.” Brax retorted, Ruby blushed, “Yeah, no PDAs of that intensity in my restaurant please.” He said smugly before he winked at them and turned away.

 I opened the door and stopped dead at what I saw.

Charlie, in her sexy underwear, he dress draped over the table, she was sitting in my office chair, her legs crossed and resting on the table,

“I thought you left.” I said, finally managing to find my voice due to the fact I was so in awe by her beauty.

 As my eyes scanned over the letter my heart started beating faster, I dropped the glass of water I was holding, it fell to the ground and smashed, my memory flashed back to that day, I felt sick and ran off to my bedroom, in tears.

 Charlie was sitting under the shower, letting the water run over her, she was in her lemon coloured dress, she was fiercely rubbing her hands over her body, now she was hugging her knees.

 I wasn’t expecting her to answer me, but she did, “I just felt- I remembered, and I felt d-d-di-dirty.”

 Charlie,

I’m sure you know now it’s been a year since my husband’s death, a year since your father brutally murdered him, and 17 years since what he did to you. Ironic isn’t it? How your father killed him on the anniversary of your rape.

I can’t imagine what it’s like to be raped, but I can’t imagine Grant being the type to rape somebody either, it’s simply not in his nature, or was not in his nature should I say. And I’ll never forgive you or your father for destroying our family and leaving our three children, fatherless.

I apologise if this letter has made you feel uncomfortable, it honestly wasn’t my intention, but I needed you to know just how bitter I still remain over his death.

Zoe Bledcoe.

 Because of Brax, he made me completely forget about the anniversary of my rape and the anniversary of Grant’s death, and I had him to thank for that too. No matter how much I wanted to, I definitely wasn’t ready to tell Brax yet.

 “HOW DARE SHE!” Ruby yelled, “Charlie, she can’t do this to you.”

I shook my head, “Sweetie, that was my reaction the first time I read it, I ended up sitting in the shower for almost 2 hours afterwards, but I just need to forget about it and move on, she’s still grieving, and that’s understandable.”

“But she’s still denying he raped you when, when-”

Her voice began to break down and I placed my hand on hers, “Sweetheart, it’s fine, imagine how you’d feel if the father of your three children was murdered? A man you never thought would ever have been capable of doing such things, of course you’d still be upset and angry about it.”

She nodded, I stood up and gave her a hug, she hugged me back, “You’re too nice, you know that.” She told me, I laughed before I kissed her forehead and headed back into my room to get dressed before I went for a walk.

 He quickly rolled off me and sat up beside me, glaring down at me, I stayed there, lying down for a while before I gradually got up and turned to face him,

“Your fault.” He said.

“I didn’t know you’d fall on me like an elephant!” I yelled back sarcastically, covering my mouth as sudden realisation dawned on me, that I did in fact, just call him an elephant.

He plastered an offended tone all over his face, I could tell it was sarcastic, “Oh, elephant am I?” He asked.

“Nono, I didn’t mean it as in fat.” He glared at me, “Am I just digging myself a bigger grave here?” He nodded, before pouting, “Aww.” I said as I straddled him, causing him to grin ever so slightly, “I meant sexy, and very, very muscular.”.

 I was fully on top of him, his hands already sliding up my dress, I quickly pulled away and rolled off him,

“NO!” I yelled, “Brax, we’re gonna eat, save that for later.”

“But you made me, y’know.” He said, gesturing to his trousers, I laughed,

“Aww, I’m sure I can ‘make you y’know’ later as well.” I replied seductively before I winked and planted a kiss on his cheek as he began to remove the food from the hamper.

 his lips instantly met mine and our tongues found their ways into each other’s mouths, he lifted me up onto the kitchen counter, I opened my legs around him, letting him stand in between them, the kiss deepened as I did so.

 I grabbed him and began pushing him towards the door, “Charlie, no, babe c’mon, I’m just in my boxers, it’s freezing outside.” I grinned before I kissed him and shoved him out the door, he blocked it, “You don’t even know who it is, what if it’s a burglar, and he-he kills you?!”

I laughed at him, “Then you can give me the kiss of life.” I replied before slamming the door shut and running to the back to get it, I unbolted and opened it to be met by Ruby,

Archived