The Cop And The Criminal

Guest BraxandCharlie4Ever

Thanks for the support! Though Brax is -Dead-.

Chapter 12 - Need Him Now, More Than Ever.

Charlie laid on the couch clutching a pillow crying, she couldn't believe the events that happened in the past 12 hours. Brax had been dead for 10 hours now, it still hadn't sunk in. Charlie didn't sleep, she refused to sleep as there was hope in her head that Joyce was lying and that'd there'll be a call that Brax wanting to see her. But nothing happened, she thought about going to see him.

She needed him now more than ever, it was early morning when Morag turned up. "How's she doing?" asked Morag to Leah.

"Not that great, she's been on the couch all night, near the phone. She's still hoping it's a lie," said Leah.

"Well, its not," told Morag.

"You're happy about this? Your daughter in law is heart-broken and you're glad he died for someone stabbing him for moving a druggie's stash?" asked Leah.

"Well, it was only a matter of time before he did something that he wound up dead, luckily the kid wasn't born. But I am sincere about it Leah," told Morag.

"No! You aren't. I told you, you were banned from this house! Now leave!" growled Leah. Morag left.

"How dare she..." whispered Leah on her own. Ruby was behind her.

"How dare who?" asked Ruby.

"Morag! Come here and say she's pleased about Brax being dead and how lucky the kid wasn't born yet!" growled Leah.

"Unbelieveable," growled Ruby leaving the house. Ruby knew exactly where she was going.

Alf had just arrived back and Morag was chatting to him, but hadn't mentioned anything about Charlie and Brax being an item only that he's dead.

"Struth! River boy dead," muttered Alf as Ruby knocked on the door.

"Hey Ruby, how are you?" asked Alf, opening the door to let her in.

"Angry," growled Ruby, "Morag in?"

"Yeah, she's just making lunch. Care to join us?" asked Alf.

"No thanks, this won't take long. Charlie needs me," said Ruby. She then stormed into the kitchen where Romeo and Indi were smiling.

"Brax is dead, yes. Charlie on the other hand, is heart-broken. She's having his baby! They were in love! She loves him! She needs him! And you can chant how happy you are? Do you get off on other's pain?" asked Ruby. Alf just glared at Morag, "Knowing you to keep a lawyer hold on this, she's your daughter in law and you're happy! Stone the flamin' crows woman!"

"I'm sorry Ruby, it's just how I feel. This situation ended at it's time," said Morag.

"Well you think you can boss us around because you were married to Dad, then that's wrong. You can't. He died now, and I don't give a rats if you promised him you would look after us. You aren't. Charlie needs support, more so needs him. And you can't accept her love for Brax, it's unbelieveable," growled Ruby in tears. Romeo and Indi went over and comforted Ruby.

"Brax was good to her!" yelled Ruby, now crying.

She knew she had her say done. She felt both Romeo and Indi holding her, "We're sorry Ruby," said both Romeo and Indi.

Ruby just nodded and headed back to Charlie.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry I missed the last 3 chapters

Brax is dead :o I sure didn't see that twist coming very brave move as well have the Chax fans hunted you down yet? :lol:

I think he might be working uncover for the cops through or something like that :wink:

This is set five months after Brax's death and Charlie's just coming right with herself. And is 8 months Pregnant -I think-. ;) <_<

Chapter 12 - Now, The Best Friend and The Criminal!

Charlie met up with Bianca in the diner, eight months pregnant people could tell and they all knew that she was having Brax's baby, who turned out to be a boy. She had his name sorted already.

"Hey Bianca," said Charlie hobbling to her seat.

"Hey, Charlie. There's something I need to tell you," said Bianca, half smiling.

"Sure, go ahead," said Charlie.

"I know this may not what you want to hear. But I'm dating Heath Braxton," said Bianca.

Charlie nodded, "Well I hope he treats you right."

"How's you and the bubs?" asked Bianca.

"Fine, one more month until baby comes," said Charlie.

"Got a name for him?" asked Bianca.

"Yeah, Darryl Braxton Junior," smiled Charlie.

"Wonderful," smiled Bianca as Heath came in.

"Hey Heath," said Bianca as he reached the table.

"Hey girls," smiled Heath. He looked at Charlie.

"How is my nephew?" asked Heath.

"He's fine, like a football player though!" laughed Charlie.

Few minutes had passed when Charlie left. She wanted to rest.

Brax's Place in Brisbane.

Brax sat there with Inspector Joyce, "I can't believe you took me away from her!"

"It was for the best," said Joyce.

"No, not when she thinks I'm dead. I'm helping you with everything, giving you every ounce of detail, and then will I be able to go back?" asked Brax.

"I'll think on it," snarled Joyce.

They glared at each other, Brax had the inkling that Joyce had a crush on Charlie.

Archived