The Beach House

Guest Perry

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...

WARNING: Readers may find this chapter disturbing, it contains themes of miscarriage.

THIRTY-SEVEN

APRIL & HEATH'S STORY

Heath watched as Xavier walked out of April's hospital room and moved closer to him as he sat down next to Dexter in the waiting room.

"How was she?" Dexter asked.

"Fine, she's just getting a sist removed." Xavier responded. "I also apologized for the way I've been acting like the stalkering behavior."

"Did she apologize for doing your head in?"

"Not so much..."

Dexter stood up. "Well I'm going to tell her that she should, she can't get away with treating you like this." Dexter started heading towards her hospital room.

Heath stood up and rushed over to the door, Dex tried to go in but Heath stood in his way.

"What are you doing?" Heath asked as if he was a Door-man at a popular night club.

"Just going to see April." Dexter responded nervously.

"No you're not. She's resting." Heath stared down at Dex who quietly walked away. Heath then looked through the little window on the door to see if April was asleep. She wasn't, she was staring up at the ceiling.

Dexter sat back down next to Xavier.

"What happened?" Xavier asked.

"I couldn't get past security." Dex pointed to Heath. "Why's he care about April anyway?"

Xavier shrugged. "He's been hanging out with Paul though, maybe it has something to do with him. Speaking of I better go see how he is." Xavier got up and disappeared down the corridor.

Ruby and Casey walked into the reception area, Ruby looked to see which room Paul was in and held her boyfriend's hand as they walked towards the rooms.

Heath spotted his brother and Ruby and walked over towards them. "What are you guys doing here?"

"I've got to see Dr Walker.... I think I might know what's wrong with Paul." Ruby answered almost in a panic.

"Well I told Paul's old lady that you were with April, I need you to cover for her."

"Why?" Ruby questioned. "Where's April?"

Ruby walked into April's hospital room, April looked at Ruby and rolled her eyes.

"Heath told me what happened." Ruby stood just above her friend. "I'm so sorry."

"It wasn't your fault." April sat up in the bed.

"Does Bianca know?"

April shook her head. "I don't want her to find out." April began to cry. "I've been acting like an idiot."

"You're not an idiot, you're like the smartest person I know."

"Still not smart enough to not act like an idiot." April shook her head. "Fourteen weeks pregnant and I had no idea. That's when you start to show and it's ok to start telling people and I had no idea it was existing inside of me until it was too late."

Ruby unable to think of anything to say gave April her hand to hold.

"Where's Heath?" April asked trying not to depress her friend or herself too much.

"He's waiting just outside, he seems very concerned."

"He's been amazing, I seriously don't know how I would have coped this afternoon without him."

Ruby smiled. "Everyone has this preconceived idea that the River Boys are nothing but trouble."

"Especially Heath." April added.

"But once you get to know him..."

"He surprises you." April smiled.

"Oh my God." Ruby giggled. "You have a crush on Heath Braxton."

"I don't have a crush on Heath Braxton." April looked disgusted.

"No because you're fully in love with him."

April playfully hit Ruby. "I'm not in love with Heath Braxton."

Ruby smiled. "Oh you so are and you know what? I think it's pretty cool."

April shook her head.

"Don't worry you're secret's safe with me."

April began to cry again, she held her tummy.

"I'm sorry..." Ruby hugged April. "...I was only joking."

"It's not that." She pulled the covers off her and more blood was coming out. "I think the baby is coming out right now."

Archived