The Beach House

Guest Perry

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh don't stop it, its great! Could you perhaps quickly tie up all the ends in one or two more episodes if you are getting tired of it?

I'm not sure whether I'm going to continue this fic... If I'm going to write for the show, I should be getting paid for it.

Oh don't stop it, its great! Could you perhaps quickly tie up all the ends in one or two more episodes if you are getting tired of it?

I'm not sure whether I'm going to continue this fic... If I'm going to write for the show, I should be getting paid for it.

I am in no way sick of it, I know where I'm going how I'm getting there I just need to write it but Im a little annoyed at the show for going into the same direction

April/Heath

I will continue it, i know you will enjoy the next chapter. but I may change my mind if Paul is introduced as a main character in the show.

• 3 weeks later...

THIRTY-EIGHT

PAUL'S STORY

When Paul opened his eyes, a bright florescent light invaded his space. He could see the shillouette of a man above his hospital bed, he moaned feeling groggy, like the hangover he had in the morning.

"What's going on?" He managed to ask the ruggedly handsome Doctor standing by his bed.

"You had seizure." Dr Walker explained to the boy as he checked him over. "You've experienced some more trauma to your head, it aggravated the old boxing injury."

"But I'm going to be okay? I mean a seizure isn't that like epilepsy or something?"

"I'm not going to lie, this head trauma it may have or could lead into something more serious we won't know until we get the CT scans back but Paul you can't keep getting into fights another blow to the head could leave you with permanent brain damage or worst."

Paul sighed. "So no more boxing?"

"No more contact sport whatsoever. This isn't news to you Paul."

"Like no footy as well? Touch footy, I just made the team?"

Sid shook his head. "What did the Doctor at Western Sydney tell you?"

"He didn't, he talked to my mum and Joe."

"And did they tell you not to play any sport?"

Paul shook his head. "They said slow it down, and that I will pick my training up when I get closer to the championships."

"Championships?"

"The Junior National Championship." Paul said it as if Sid should have known. "I'm going for seven times Junior National Champion." Paul smiled. "I can't not do this... It means... I don't what I'll do without boxing."

"Live."

Paul took the news bad, Sid felt bad for him.

"Is there something else?" Paul asked picking up on Sid's hesitation to leave.

"Yeah... We found accoral in your system."

"It's not illegal, it helps me work out, makes me stronger."

"Well for one thing it's prescription medication meaning you have to be prescribed it to take it..." Sid shook his head. "also it does not make you stronger all it does is raise your testosterone levels, damages your kidneys, makes you constipated and turns you into angry ****. Your bloody stupid if you keep taking it."

Paul turned away from the Doctor.

"Your dad and Irene are just outside."

Paul turned back around. "My dad's here?"

Barry cautiously walked into his son's hospital room. He looked at Paul unsure about what his reaction would be.

Paul looked at his father and began to cry. He held his arms out and his father ran towards him and gave his son a hug, letting him cry on his shoulder.

THIRTY-NINE

IRENE & BARRY'S STORY

Back at the Beach House, Irene paced backwards and forwards as she talked on the phone, Barry sat down on the lounge and watched with a smile across his face.

"Fin, it's me again, don't know if you got my thirty-eight other messages or not but I just wanted to let you know that your son, the boy you took care of for sixteen years is in hospital. Call me back if you want to know how he is." She ended the call and threw the phone down on the kitchen bench before grunting with annoyance.

"She can be stubbon."

"Gets it off her mother."

Bianca ran downstairs. "I'm off to Liam's wish me luck."

"Good luck." Barry smiled.

"Good luck? What for?" Irene questioned.

Bianca smiled. "Liam's got a surprise for me..." She giggled with excitement. "I think he's going to propose."

Irene hugged her. "that's brilliant love..."

Bianca pushed her away and showed her, her crossed fingers. "We don't know yet." She skipped out the door.

Irene stepped towards Barry. "Well if anybody deserves to be happy it's her."

Barry stood up and looked at Irene. "You deserve to be happy." Barry leaned in to kiss Irene but she backed off.

"What are you doing?" Irene looked concerned.

"I've wanted to do that since... Well... Since the last time."

"It was one time. A long time ago and I was a mess. I just miscarried my daughter's baby for christ's sakes, had no idea how I was going to tell her. I came to you for support." Irene started shaking. "It was a huge mistake and one I've had to live with for a long time."

"It wasn't a mistake for me Irene... I fell in love with you." Barry saw how much he was upsetting her. "I'm sorry, I'll leave."

Irene nodded. "I think that'd be best."

Barry began to head out the door but looked back at Irene. "How did you give him up? I mean knowing that he was really yours?"

"Goodbye Barry!"

Barry left the Beach House and Irene collapsed on to the lounge in tears.

Archived