The X Factor 2011

Guest ~Zoe~

I'm pleased with the final 16

Not to fussed with the overs, so dont have much to comment on there. The groups... I do like Nu Vibe, looking forward to seeing them in the live shows. Two show's are'nt bad - they do have good voice's & harmonise well etc.

The boys again with the groups & the overs: I'm not too keen on any of the boy's either. Knew Frankie would go through (he does have a good voice, but like I said, I'm not that fussed to be fair) - he does seem to have the most support with the followers on Twitter, he has the most out of the contestants this year, over 100,000 followers.

I actually think the girls are the strongest ones this year - I am backing Amelia & Janet, loved both of their first auditions so been backing those two right from the start! :D

looking forward to the live show & seeing what this "big twist" is all about!

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have to say I really don't like this twist one bit and last night was the reason why. In my last post I mentioned how strong the girls were. I liked every single girl act and don't want any of them to go. On the other hand some of the other acts i.e. the over 25s and the groups made me think some of them shouldn't be there. I would have preferred it if they'd just had a public vote and the 4 acts with the lowest number of votes went home.

I wouldn't want to be Kelly Rowland. As I mentioned above I liked all of the girls performances but I'm almost certain she's going to keep Misha B and Janet which leaves Sophie and Amelia. And based on last night although I liked Amelia's performance and like the fact that she's different and want her to stay, I thought relative to the other three it was the weakest.

With respect to the boys I didn't think any of them were that great but I think James could be in trouble. I can't see Gary getting rid of Frankie and vocally I thought Craig and Marcus were the best out of the four.

I really, really liked Rythmx. I thought they gelled together as a group really well and hope they are in this competition for a long time. I don't think 2 Shoes were that great but do like them and find them entertaining so I hope they are still here next week (I had to crack a smile at Gary's Karaoke night in Romford remark). I don't think Tulisa's got an easy choice and apart from Rythmx don't think any of the groups are anything special but personally I would probably get rid of Nu Vibe because they impressed me the least.

I think the over 25s are the worst category out of the lot. I don't think Johnny or Jonjo should even be there and I think Terry would have given a better performance. I'm not worried about Sami at all. She'll be here next week. I'll think he'll keep Kitty too. Out of Johnny and Jonjo I think it will be Jonjo because I think Johnny has a better voice and I can't see Jonjo improving even though I don't think Johnny has a hope in hell of winning this competition.

Did I mention that I find Tulisa so annoying? Especially when Gary was criticising one of her acts and she very rudely put her hand up towards him to dismiss what he was saying. Show some respect so a man that has far more experience and put more into the industry than you have!

I forgot to mention previously with regard to last Saturday a couple of things that annoyed me. Firstly I'm not sure why some of the acts felt they had to rap in between the song rather than sing. I do like rap music (well some of the older stuff) but I felt it was unnecessary and they should have just carried on singing. It also annoyed me when the judges were trying to sway some of the other judges decisions when they were talking about their acts such as Louis with regard to Kelly and him telling her to make sure Janet was there the following week.

Anyway there were no real surprises with the acts that were eliminated except for 2 Shoes. I thought Nu Vibe were awful and even Tulisa made a remark which seemed to concur with that they didn't perform very well but I've seen other people mention it and it didn't occur to me that one of 2 Shoes is 6 months pregnant so perhaps that had something to do with it bearing in mind come Christmas time the birth of her baby will be imminent.

I was gutted for Amelia but unfortunately I was expecting that. There was no way Kelly was going to get rid of Misha (I personally think she is Kelly's favourite even though her performance was brilliant) and I think the producers would have strung her alive if she'd got rid of Janet. I still have reservations about Janet being there but have to admit she was actually quite good last Saturday. It was between Amelia and Sophie and unfortunately going on last Saturday's performances she was the weakest of the lot. It's a shame because out of the four I thought she was the most versatile but someone had to go. I didn't really like the way she just walked off stage when Kelly ran after her but given her age it was understandable.

Meh ... I don't think Frankie has the best vocals. Especially on Saturday night. It was quite poor. He has a very weak voice when singing. It depends on the song choice and style he's given. And as much as I love Gary Barlow, he is so far up his own derriere to notice the good acts in the competition and belittles everyone else but his own acts ... let's face it, the runners up usually do better than the winner anyway ...

They were both equally dreadful. TBH I was actually quite satisfied with the result. I wanted Nu Vibe to go and they did. I thought Gary was absolutely right. They didn't sound like a group but five solo artists. Tulisa should have stuck with Two Shoes. In saying that I was very impressed with how they handled themselves afterwards. Amelia could have taken a leaf out of their book. I honestly think Frankie is going to struggle. Even when he was singing tonight it looked as though he put everything into that and it was clear that he didn't have a strong voice. This is where I am in disagreement with Gary. I got the impression that Frankie was his secret weapon but I don't think so. It's hard to tell whether Gary was serious when he appeared impressed with Frankie's performance or whether he was just saying that because he was his manager.

Regarding the other acts Misha, Marcus, Craig, Rhythmx, Sami, The Risk were all good. Janet and Sophie were OK. For me personally Kitty stole the show. Her performance was my favourite and not just the singing but everything. I'm glad after getting boos last week that people voted for her. I was a bit worried she wouldn't fit the voting demographic. Also Kelly remarked that she had to try and connect with the audience.

I genuinely don't understand what the fuss is about Janet. Every time she sings the judges are act like she's some sort of Siren and are in complete awe of her. This may sound harsh but to me she seems like a bit of a one trick pony. Amelia was a lot more versatile.

Who on earth is voting for Johnny? I'm not sure whether it's him or Louis but it feels as though he is a complete joke and not taking this seriously. I was actually hoping he would be in the bottom this week along with Nu Vibe. There's still next week I suppose.

Tulisa is still doing my head in. So annoying the way she got up and clapped every time one of her acts finished as if it was some out of the world performance. Then there was the crocodile tears. What I wouldn't give to have Cheryl back.

Archived