The X Factor 2011

Guest ~Zoe~

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gary Barlow 'X Factor' deal 'worth £1.5m'

Gary Barlow will reportedly make £1.5 million from his deal to join The X Factor.

The Take That star was widely tipped as a possible replacement for Simon Cowell on the judging panel. Speaking at the first auditions for the upcoming US version, Cowell revealed that Barlow was the "first person confirmed" for the eighth series.

"Gary is not exactly a D-list celebrity so hiring him comes with a cost," an insider told The Sun. "With Cheryl (Cole) and Simon out of the picture there was some decent cash to hire big names.

"But it's not about the money for him - he is genuinely interested in bringing on new talent."

Cowell will be joined by Cole on the US show, while Dannii Minogue has also announced that she will not return to the panel.

The Australian mentored Matt Cardle to victory last year, but told fans that she had quit due to a schedule clash with her role on Australia's Got Talent.

N-Dubz's Tulisa Contostavlos could join the ITV1 show in a deal alleged to be worth £500,000.

"This is a dream come true for Tulisa. This will catapult her to a household name," a friend told the paper. "She is being talked about as the new Cheryl."

Louis Walsh is expected to continue his judging role, with auditions originally due to begin in Manchester today postponed to next month.

Cheryl Cole 'replaced' as judge on US X Factor

Cheryl Cole has reportedly been dropped as a judge on the US version of television singing contest The X Factor.

Celebrity websites TMZ.com and Us Weekly quoted unnamed sources as saying Cole, 27, was being replaced in the new Fox television venture created by Simon Cowell.

Fox said it had no information and representatives of Cole, Cowell and the show's producers did not return calls for comment.

The much-hyped X Factor, created by former American Idol judge Cowell, is the highlight of Fox's fall TV schedule. It reunites Cowell with his old Idol sparring partner Paula Abdul and offers an unprecedented $5 million (£3m) prize to the winner.

The judging panel was finalised just three weeks ago.

TMZ.com, quoting sources close to the production, said Cole was dropped because producers were worried that her strong northern English accent would be too difficult for American audiences to understand.

Cole is barely known in the United States, despite being a household name in Britain and a judge on the UK version of the hit television contest. But she had been one of Cowell's top choices.

A source close to Cole told Us Weekly; "it's true. She isn't on the show anymore. Everyone is gobsmacked. This came out of nowhere. She had already been tested countless times. Simon had nothing to do with it. This is the network's doing."

TMZ said Cole will be replaced by former Pussycat Dolls singer Nicole Scherzinger, who was previously hired to co-host the show when it makes its debut in the fall of 2011.

Tulisa, Kelly Rowland, Gary Barlow confirmed for 'X Factor'

Kelly Rowland, Louis Walsh, Gary Barlow and Tulisa Contostavlos have been confirmed as the judges for The X Factor 2011.

Cheryl Cole will not be returning to the ITV1 talent show, despite reports of last minute talks between producers and the Girls Aloud popstar. Fox dropped Cole from the X Factor USA lineup last week, fuelling speculation that she could return to the British show.

ITV's press centre tweeted this afternoon: "The X Factor (UK) judges will be: Gary Barlow, Tulisa Contostavlos, Kelly Rowland & Louis Walsh."

The first auditions with the all-new judging panel begin on Wednesday in Birmingham.

Walsh is the only judge who remains from last year's panel, following Simon Cowell's departure for the US and Dannii Minogue's withdrawal earlier this month.

Take That songwriter Barlow will serve as a replacement for Cowell and audition dates have been rescheduled around his group's summer 'Progress' tour dates.

Destiny's Child star Kelly Rowland has frequently spoken about her desire to work on the show, while N-Dubz star Tulisa will be the youngest judge, aged only 22.

• 4 weeks later...

^ At first I did think it would seem strange without the likes of Simon, Cheryl and Dannii. (At least Dannii left on a high, winning last year's series with Matt Cardle ect) & even I was'nt sure what to make of the new judging line up, but I am looking forward to watching the new series when it starts in August what with Gary Barlow on the panel, as I think he's a great singer/songwriter & the fact that I've been a Take That fan for a long time.

I think this year's X Factor will not be as big as previous years. Most people I know have said they wont watch it and whether you loved them or not, the judges were a big part of the reason why people watched. I've never heard of Tulisa, know nothing about Kelly Rowland and cannot stand Gary Barlow who always comes across as quite arrogant so I think I'll be giving it a skip.

• 1 month later...

Archived