The X Factor 2011

Guest ~Zoe~

Danni Minouge has quit The X Factor due to the auditions clashing with Australia's Got Talent

http://www.mydaily.co.uk/2011/05/14/exclus...s-the-x-factor/

^ She's also removed the Team Minogue From X Factor, on her Twitter, & posted the link.

So thats Simon Cowell, Cheryl Cole & now Dannii Minogue gone. Louis Walsh is expected to return.

The only confirmed new judge for the UK X Factor is Take That's Gary Barlow.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm more inclined to believe that Dannii was pushed out of the show rather than decided to leave due to clashes. It's so sad for her and I can't say that I have any reason to watch this year. I was glad to be rid of Cheryl Cole and Simon but with Dannii gone the panel will have a totally different feel.

I've heard rumours they're replacing her with Tulisa from NDubz :o

Aww no Dannii :( I am also more inclined to believe that she was pushed out rather than decided to leave. I don't really care that Simon won't be there, but I did like Cheryl. Can't make Louis leave? Nope? Okay.....Gary Barlow....hmm okay, pretty sure I read Robbie being mentioned at one point, and I'd rather it was Gary than him, but Tulisa from NDubz, seriously? I really hope not.

Glad Konnie Huq wont be returning to Xtra Factor. Worst presenter ever!!

Dannii missed all of the auditions last year due to her pregnancy with Ethan, so I seem to think she's been pushed out too rather than leaving on her own accord.

They changed the audition schedule to allow Gary Barlow to attend in between the Take That concerts and the dates clashed with live performances of AGT. Therefore they chose one judge over another. Also they didnt give her the option of skipping the auditions in order to appear on AGT for the duration of the clashes.

Dannii was my favourite judge last year. She was honest and gave constructive criticism, and I often agreed with what she said (this used to be the case with Simon, but he disappointed me last year - Katie Waissel/Cher bias etc)

I'm, gutted she won't be on the show this year, but I can't help feeling at least she went out on a high - as the most popular judge, style queen and winning mentor. Maybe it was the right time for her to go?

I just hope the Tulisa rumour isn't true and I hope we get a decent panel

I'm glad Konnie is not on Xtra Factor this year either, she made so many mistakes last year, it was embarrassing to watch at times.

Apparently Simon said at the American auditions that Gary Barlow is a confirmed judge for this year's series.

Sinitta: 'Dannii X Factor departure is madness'

Sinitta has despaired at Dannii Minogue's decision to quit The X Factor and described her shock departure as "madness".

The 'So Macho' singer shared her fears about the UK show's future on Twitter following Minogue's announcement last night, which came little over a week after Simon Cowell and Cheryl Cole stepped down to join its US counterpart.

She said: "Ok, just read Sista D's statement saying she not doing XFUK.. Hell to the NO!!!! No tweedy-pie NO simey, NO sista D! ... Just loulou...???! (sic)

"I say we all start packing sun block, shades and the big trunks and head out to LA- "yoo hoo, simey!"...so many changes at once wow!...but Seems she has the other show to do! Madness!"

She later added: "I can't reach [simon],no doubt he is dealing with this and Super stressed.all we can do is wait to hear from him. Seems she has made up her mind.

"We have to be positive as much as we hate change- look at Mike and Hoff on BGT-genius casting..I need a cup of tea..Collect thoughts, chill."

The 44-year-old also mused about her own role as assistant judge on the ITV show, tweeting: "its not looking good for me either, looks like every one new.. Ugh."

However, Sinitta soon decided to embrace the latest X Factor shake-up and began listing her dream picks for the refreshed judging panel.

"Why don't we think about who we would love to see as a Judge- I say [Victoria] Beckham, Rihanna, Katy Brand, of course my Heroes Madonna +Oprah [Winfrey]!"

She continued: "Robbie [Williams] and Gary [barlow], Beckham and Geri [Halliwell]... Now THAT would be a Competitive Panel!! Me as referee!"

After finally getting to speak to Cowell about the show's future, Sinitta further hinted to her followers: "S, says to tell you- You Will Not Be DiSAPPOINTED! ... Whatever that means!!! I say keep thinking caps on, it aint over til the fat lady..."

Gary Barlow is the only person confirmed for The X Factor judging panel so far, though recent reports have named N-Dubz star Tulisa Contostavlos as a replacement for Minogue.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/s103/the-x-...is-madness.html

I am not going to get involved in whole reason why she left but she's gone. I am not sure if its a good thing or not? I just know that I just dont want Louis to come back. He is so grumpy all the time.

The sound of Gary sounds good :)

I'm really disappointed that Dannii will not be on the judging panel this year, i was hoping it would be Dannii, Louis, Gary Barlow & Lily Allen but not Dannii's gone, Lily has said she won't be doing it & Louis hasn't signed a contract yet either he says. At this rate when auditions begin later this month it will be Gary by himself judging. I just hope they don't bring back Sharon Osbourne :angry:

I do feel that Dannii may have been pushed though as she does Australia's Got Talent around the same time every year so they knew the dates that she was contracted to it before they set them for the XFactor auditions.

I think Dannii was definitely pushed out, she has missed a few auditions in the past due to AGT and it didnt matter and missed all the auditions last year and it didnt matter then either. ITV were able to arrange the auditions around Take That's tour so why not around AGT? They know she does it every year so to use that as an excuse at the last minute just doesnt cut it.

I think The X Factor is definitely doomed this year. With Simon and Cheryl gone, Dannii was the only saving grace for the show. She was the best judge, gave the best advice and the viewers loved her. She even won a Best TV Judge poll last year, even beating Simon. She has won countless awards for her role on the show. I for one wont be watching now. I can't stand Gary Barlow and had never even heard of this Tulisa person before last night. I think ITV should have fought tooth and nail to keep Dannii, surely they must realise that the show is going to suffer.

I dont think it's all bad news for Dannii though. She can concentrate on Project D, she is rumoured to be bringing out new music, she is the face of M&S, and she had two other shows last year that did well - ITV's Ultimate Movie Toons and ITV2's Style Queen so I am in in doubt that she will be back on TV before long. Also, dont forget the whole publicity stunt involving Louis' departure from the show in 2007, maybe history might repeat itself and save The X Factor!

I dont think Dannii was all that on X Factor (I will probably get mobbed for saying that) because okay fair enough she won with Matt Cardle who was a fanastic contestant but thats it. I think that the best thing at the moment for X Factor is to start with a brand new panel and bring the show back to where it was when it began because at the moment, I dont like the directiont that it is going in. The sound of introducing Gary Barlow sounds fantastic! I really want him to be in the show and the fact that I love Take That sweetens the deal :)

Archived