Casey Braxton - Lincoln Younes

Its sad he tried to regain her memory but got let down. Sounds like he gave up in the end, believing she was with him because of a bond only in the desert.

Felt bad he was almost crying when Ricky was there and Brax just shouted at him. Seems Brax is blind with love and forgetting his brother.

• 3 weeks later...

Though my like of Casey has been very hit & miss since last year the one thing that has stopped me from completely hating the character has been the acting from Lincoln Younes. From the start he has played Casey quite well and I actually had sympathy for him, even when he made stupid choices (Pa Braxton the main one).

But I have to say that some of that acting this year has been a little... off. Am I allowed to say stuff like that here? :unsure:. It started around the time Jesus!Adam started his revenge on the whole family and has snowballed from that. It is the wide-eyed crazy facials that just leave me laughing when I shouldn't be because they seem to happen in all the serious scenes. Am I the only one noticing this? I've mentioned in the Kyle thread that Westaway has become quite a pro at using his eyes and facial expressions to get across emotion when there are no words. But it seems lately that whenever Younes tries doing that (and he excelled in it for the last 2 years!) Casey just looks like he is one step away from the mental hospital.

To be honest it reminds me of how Robbie went downhill after 18 months because of the acting choices made. Jason Smith was a very strong actor when he first came on the show and showed up Hemsworth in most of their scenes (I feel that contributed to the nickname The Plank) but as 2005 went on he adopted this shouty thing and tried too hard in keeping Robbie a geek, even when they had obviously turned away from that.

I don't think Younes comes close to that of course but this year for me the acting has felt off. But this is just my opinion of course! And chances are this is down to the writing.

I agree about the eyes. He has two expressions at the moment. Sad big eyes, and angry big eyes. The other 3 Braxton's seem more natural in their scenes but some of Casey's seem a bit forced to me. Particularly the angry ones. Maybe Lincon just doesn't have it in him to be an angry guy :)

He does have it in him. Especially when he was in Tangle.

Casey is being made to play so many emotions, sad, hurt, angry. He is only trying to add all them and when he can be happy he will.

Lincoln is a "normal" actor.. He can act but he can't act that brilliantly IMO. He tried too hard but that's just my opinion.

I'm not saying he is the greatest actor of all time but between 2011-12 he definitely managed to out-act some of the others (not the older cast) and he could manage different scenes with ease. But this year whenever Casey is supposed to be sad, hurt, angry, happy... it just comes across as pure crazy. It does come across as forced and trying too hard so I am finding myself laughing more at the serious scenes involving Casey.

I can't help it :lol:!

Casey is being made to play so many emotions, sad, hurt, angry. He is only trying to add all them and when he can be happy he will.

Lincoln is a "normal" actor.. He can act but he can't act that brilliantly IMO. He tried too hard but that's just my opinion.

I'm not saying he is the greatest actor of all time but between 2011-12 he definitely managed to out-act some of the others (not the older cast) and he could manage different scenes with ease. But this year whenever Casey is supposed to be sad, hurt, angry, happy... it just comes across as pure crazy. It does come across as forced and trying too hard so I am finding myself laughing more at the serious scenes involving Casey.

I can't help it :lol:! Agreed with you 100%. The producers obviously love Casey too much.

There's no way he is talented like the older cast. It's a disgrace that Alf, Marilyn, Irene and Roo never get their own storylines. I am fed up of the producers giving the young cast big storylines etc

Edited by jamescornish