Summer Bay High (by Skykat) - comments

bay girl

I've just re capped a lot here so it goes, its a great fic the way you interally introve the storylines is great, you have the gift..

Giving a piece for Frankie was, no is a woderful thing to do, she will be looking down and smiling cause you done this dedicated to her, she'll proberly say you daft sod but with a laugh of affection.

Edited by buffygirl

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^^^No no no please don't, I for one love it and I'm not exagerating when I say this is the best fan fic I've read. ever. Not just on this board but any. You're the only writer I've read who can make every single character come alive you have an amazing talent in making me feel for the characters, and you have a brilliant imagination, you've even made Irene a deeper character with her backstory. I love the way you entwine the characters present with their pasts, with what made them this way. And you can't stop yet because Gypsy and Will aren't together yet :( .

I liked this chapter, I loved hearing more about Gypsy, I'm really liking hers and Kits friendship. It was also good to read some flash backs of Barry/Kim, they always had this great father/son relationship that just wasn't explored well enough on screen.

I think I might as well stop writing this. :( Seriously. If it slips down to the bottom of the page that quickly then nobody's interested in reading it and we're all obviously wasting our time. :(

Not wishing to be rude or anything but don't you think you are being a bit melodramatic? This fic forum is popular and things can slip down the page in a matter of hours. This is one of the most popular fics there is if the viewing numbers are anything to go by. I don't look for ones on the front page and nor do lots of others, we look for the ones we like, including this one. Whether you continue is up to you, but you will disappoint a lot of people if you stop.

I enjoyed reading that and catching up. I have missed this fic, and hope you had a mega fantastic holiday somewhere exotic and wonderfully exciting :P I like your characters a lot, they are all very real and you get inside of their heads and describe them so its like we feel what they are feeling. I liked the Kim flash backs to stuff with his dad and how it all fits together. I love Gypsy who is one of my favorites, if not my absolute favorite of your characters, (which is odd cos she wasn't my fav on the show :P )

I am looking forward to what comes next.

I think I might as well stop writing this. Seriously. If it slips down to the bottom of the page that quickly then nobody's interested in reading it and we're all obviously wasting our time.

Not wishing to be rude or anything but don't you think you are being a bit melodramatic? This fic forum is popular and things can slip down the page in a matter of hours. This is one of the most popular fics there is if the viewing numbers are anything to go by.

Nope, just pessimistic. :( I don't have much confidence in what I write and convince myself it's rubbish and everybody hates it if nobody responds... :( and I suspect the viewing numbers just go a bit erratic sometimes as this fic has had about 250+ hits since the last chapter was posted - I'd like to think they did, but I doubt that many people have hit on this site in just a couple of days! <_<

Thanks for your nice comments and, princess sparkle, thanks for your lovely review too. Greatly appreciated. :D

Edited by I love music

You underestimate yourself, and the site. The site stats on the home page tell us that there are often several hundred people on line in any 30 minute period. I am sure that, like me, a lot of forum members enjoy your story very much indeed.

I was so pleased to see another chapter as I have very much missed this story. It is one of my all time favorites. I adore the way in which you describe the people in your story in such fine detail, and as Corey says it is as if we know them. They have become like friends, family even, they seem so real. Their motivations are very grounded and real, and related to events and feelings and evolve out of the story rather than are imposed upon them. I find Kim a very credible and endearing character and Gypsy's anger and vulnerability juxtapose so well. Everything fits and flows so effortlessly. Its exquisite.

I think I might as well stop writing this. :( Seriously. If it slips down to the bottom of the page that quickly then nobody's interested in reading it and we're all obviously wasting our time. :(

Why do you under estimate yourself? no reason cause you have no reason to worry!.

I'll pop in just to look here for updates it may be awile till i do but i come on to BTTb to look for you story if it's been updated.

Your last piece was woderfulley written i could feel every emotion Kim was feeling, and for Gypsy, you see thats the thing of a good author is to make your readers feel, every emotion that is going on.

• 3 weeks later...

Okay, guys, you talked me into not abandoing this fic! :D I've been working on the next chapter and it should be ready, time permitting, within a week. It's just it's 3,000 words long at the moment and I haven't finished saying everything I want to say yet. :P

Hi you see im looking :) I might be awile but i'll look forward to your updates ..i love music. ok