Summer Bay High (by Skykat) - comments

bay girl

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*sigh* Hardly anybody's reading's again. :( It's not as good as it used to be tho, is it? I shouldn't have got so over-ambitious with storylines. <_< Never mind, I'm around 1,000 words into the next chapter. I think I've got several more chapters to write yet, but I'm going to finish this fic if it kills me, writing it is like an addiction. :rolleyes:

AUTHOR’S NOTE: Like I said way, way back in this fic ONE person dies - Hayley, Martha, Kane, Irene, now Barry...? :unsure: Keep guessing.! :P

:o Not Irene and Barry, you would not be so cruel, would you?

Thank you so much for the latest chapters. I have dropped by today on the off chance of an update, as yours is about the only fic that I find time to read these days, and was so happy to find some great new chapters to read. I enjoyed them immensly. I was very moved by all of the events which as usual you have protrayed with such depth, such emotion, and such maturity. The way on which you described Gypsy's pain, while she retains her fierce independence; Will's cokiness is captured very well; and the relationship between Kim and his father is so poignant and heartbreaking. I love the relationship between Irene and Barry as you know and think you are doing an amazing job in showing how she softens him, opens him up and allows him to be the person he could have been were it not for Kerry's death.

Thanks and I look forward to reading any future installments which you choose to write.

• 2 weeks later...

AUTHOR’S NOTE: Like I said way, way back in this fic ONE person dies - Hayley, Martha, Kane, Irene, now Barry...? :unsure: Keep guessing.! :P

:o Not Irene and Barry, you would not be so cruel, would you?

No, not them please, especially Irene, bump off Hayley she was always a pain the butt :P

Great fic I enoyed it, cant wait too who gets the heave ho :P

AUTHOR’S NOTE: Like I said way, way back in this fic ONE person dies - Hayley, Martha, Kane, Irene, now Barry...? Keep guessing.! :P

Not Irene and Barry, you would not be so cruel, would you?

AUTHOR’S NOTE: Like I said way, way back in this fic ONE person dies - Hayley, Martha, Kane, Irene, now Barry...? Keep guessing.! :P

Not Irene and Barry, you would not be so cruel, would you?

No, not them please, especially Irene, bump off Hayley she was always a pain the butt

Thank you! :D Skykat and Eduardo Bearo know who the victim is and they might be open to bribes... :P I'm working on the next chapter at the moment but think it might be another week before it's ready. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, I have begun the next chapter, which looks, so far, like it's going to be Irene/Barry/Kim and maybe Cassie/Hayley :unsure: - if the chapter doesn't get too long - but could be a while before updating as I'm looking to move house. If I'm busy moving in the next couple of weeks, I'll prob write a one-shot that has been on my mind for a little while, just to keep my hand in with some writing as I really do need to get out of the fanfic writing business and back to my writing own fiction. :) Only because you can't try and sell fanfiction tho... :P

Yet again another beautifully crafted chapter Ilovemusic. It explains a great deal more about Hayley and I wonder if she and Gypsy could even bond if Hayley would let someone in. I very much like Megan and always enjoy(if thats the right word) her appearances, but am concerned as to what her vision holds for poor Gypsy.

I loved Tramps and Thieves, even though it was totally heartbreaking, and will go back and read it again when I have more time.(I am off to the Mall now or I would read it now.)

Excellent writing yet again. Keep it up. :D

Edited by Bareenfan

I just caught up with several chapters, and was very impressed. I like the way that you keep time constant for each character. Your characterization is really very effective and means I can see the people you are writing abut in my head really clearly as if they were real people. I like to be able to do that. I wont leave it so long before catching up next time.

Thanks for your lovely comments, Bareenfan. :blush: I'm quite proud of creating Megan (they don't have a big-headed Smiley emoticon, do they...? :unsure:)

Thanks, Floella. I try to be consistent with time and characterization as I can't stand bad continuity so I read through a lot but there are some mistakes. I was reading some earlier chapters today and discovered that both Barry and Irene refer to her as finishing work at the Diner and preparing to go home - when, later in the story, I explain that Irene is living at the Diner while Alf Stewart is on a long vacation! :rolleyes: And Whitelady Copse becomes Whitelady Woods over several chapters - but that's deliberate because it's better as a woods. And this story has been going on for so long that all those trees from the copse have grown and grown... :wink::lol:

• 2 weeks later...