Summer Bay High (by Skykat) - comments

bay girl

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone SERIOUSLY want me to continue with this? :unsure: Only I personally thought the last chapter was pretty poor quality and the fact no one has reviewed in a week backs me up on this. I don't know if the chapter is bad because I couldn't do any writing at all for about three or four weeks (being away on holiday and then computerless) or if I've lost my way with the fic or if it's because I had loads of other stuff to do inbetween writing little bits of it...or if I'm just not as good at writing as I thought I was... :(

The ball's in your court. But please don't reply if you're just being nice or feel sorry for me, I'd rather know the truth.

Does anyone SERIOUSLY want me to continue with this? :unsure: Only I personally thought the last chapter was pretty poor quality and the fact no one has reviewed in a week backs me up on this. I don't know if the chapter is bad because I couldn't do any writing at all for about three or four weeks (being away on holiday and then computerless) or if I've lost my way with the fic or if it's because I had loads of other stuff to do inbetween writing little bits of it...or if I'm just not as good at writing as I thought I was... :(

The ball's in your court. But please don't reply if you're just being nice or feel sorry for me, I'd rather know the truth.

Okay, I guess the answer is no then. To be honest, I've suspected that for a long time. But seeing as I wrote my first H&A fanfic six years ago I think it's well past time I called it a day and concentrated on more original work. If anyone does want to continue reading I have begun the opening paragraph of the next chapter (because I hate leaving stories unfinished) :rolleyes: ..........

Gypsy Nash never stopped talking. Or singing or dancing. She couldn’t help it. The bright yellow light of the sun that laughingly stole in to wake her each morning drew her to life as though it were her own personal spotlight and the whole world her very own stage. From the age of three or four, sometimes even before the birds had had time to organise conductor and choir for the dawn chorus, Gypsy would fling back the bedclothes and, lisping snatches of nursery rhymes, toddle off to her parents room, where (with difficulty and determination, for she could barely reach it) she would turn the round brass handle, fling the door dramatically open and happily announce, “MOOORRRNNNING!” .

........but I'll be asking for this to be moved to The Vault and anyone who's interested enough can carry on reading later chapters on fanfiction.net. :)

Its the holiday season - and I have been very busy at work so sorry for not replying earlier. Wherever you decide to continue this I will read it!!! I love it :D

Thank you! :D I am now a thousand words into the next chapter and in my mind thousands of miles away in Hong Kong when Gypsy Nash is still only eleven. These are the Nashes next door neighbours:

Mr Chang and Mrs Chang lived next door with their teenage son and they and the Nashes often babysat for each other when the children were younger. Their offspring no longer needed babysitting these days, Kuan-Yin, more commonly known by his English name of Michael, had turned eighteen, and Tom who was a sensible fourteen-year-old was considered old enough to be trusted to look after his little sister. The Changs were a great deal older than Natalie and Joel, but despite the age difference they had become good friends.

Ivy Chang was a small, busy woman who had been born in poverty in a small village in China, her orphaned unmarried mother shunned by all until she stowed away with her baby to Hong Kong where she was eventually taken in by a kindly elderly couple...

I'm damned if I know why I have to go into so much detail about the Nashes next door neighbours tho... :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...