Summer Bay High (by Skykat) - comments

bay girl

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did, very much, and I am sure that those who keep coming back to read it like it very much as well.

In this chapter I particularly liked how you you got inside the mind of four year old Kim, seeing the world and his father through his eyes, his confusion and his attempts to make sense of his fathers behaviour. Barry's feeling that he should not fall in love again, did not deserve to perhaps, was also well drawn and clearly described. I know you have said you find him hard to writ for, but I think you are doing just fine with him, more than fine in fact. The chapters you write are always worth the wait so I am sure that the next one when ever it comes will be. I hope you have a good holiday and are going somewhere really exciting. :D

That was another superb chapter ILM which I really enjoyed. I thought the care taken with little Kim and the Daddy crying scene was excellent, and I could actually see it in my head when I was reading it. I also liked Irene and Barry's first encounter and Barry's discomfiture was well described when he realised he had a date that night. I am looking forward to hearing how it went. The whole thing blended together perfectly and Will going off to get help whilst Kim was rescusitating Barry willing him to live after their previous difficult encounter was very moving.

Have a pleasant holiday, but don't keep us waiting too long :P

Thanks for your comments. I think only Irene and Barry fans are following now. LOL Maybe I should forget about all the other characters and write exclusively about Irene and Barry! :P Or, better still, I could just write about Aden and Belle... :rolleyes::lol:

Well, despite being a huge Irene and Barry fan I also enjoy reading about all of the other characters who you write for as well, so it would be a shame if you confined yourself to just them. I have just caught up with this story and was very moved by what I read. You never fail to move me with the power of the emotions you describe and the way in which you are able to get inside the heads of all of your charcters whether they be four year olds or 50 year olds. That is a rare gift. I always saw Barry as someone who, because of Kerry, felt he did not deserve to be loved and I think you got that pretty much on the nail in this last chapter. Well done.

I have been following this for some time. I like all fo the different story lines. I don't often comment as its sometimes hard to find the words as its so so good that saying something like "Wow that is soooo awesome" which is often what I feel, seems a bit inadequate, so I end up saying nothing. :P I really really liked that last chapter and it made me want to cry, and I am not a cryer. I want to know what happens next and I want to hear the rest of the story for all of the characters, that is if you feel like writing it. :P:D

I have been following this for some time. I like all fo the different story lines. I don't often comment as its sometimes hard to find the words as its so so good that saying something like "Wow that is soooo awesome" which is often what I feel, seems a bit inadequate, so I end up saying nothing. :P I really really liked that last chapter and it made me want to cry, and I am not a cryer. I want to know what happens next and I want to hear the rest of the story for all of the characters, that is if you feel like writing it. :P:D

:lol: LOL. I know, that's usually my excuse whenever I have writer's block!!!!

Thanks for your comments, everyone. This will be the last time I'll be online now for at least two weeks, maybe longer, depending on when I get a new computer after I get back from hol. I'll start work on the next chapter soon as that happens. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Well, back from hol (we had lousy weather and it's beautiful this week! :( ) but won't have internet connection for at least two weeks, maybe four. I'm using the library at the moment but only have an hour. Be warned, if you ever change your internet provider they make it as difficult as possible for you to leave and delay it for ages - so don't go with supanet, who are being very bolshy because I want to change to BT and who are delaying the whole process on purpse. :angry:

I need to refer to previous chapters so I can carry on wth SBH and it's driving me mad that I can't gain access to what I've already written. Will get back to writing asap but it's going to be another 2-4 weeks before I can get back to beginning a new chapter. :(

• 2 weeks later...

Just in case anyone's still following after the long delay in updates :unsure: I should finally have internet connection back on Thursday. I have occasionally checked in online at a couple of friends but only for a short while and can't log on at work. I'm at the library today again for a while tho.

I've managed to write quite a bit more of the next chapter anyway so it should be ready to post in about a week. :)

I'm finally back on line! :D Unfortunately, I won't have any time to do any writing tonight and I'm out tomorrow night but the next chapter is more or less finished so should be ready to post by Sat or Sun.

By the way, I realised this fic was begun way back in Sept 06...which means Hayley's party has now been gong on for 2 years 9 month :blink::rolleyes: Some party, huh?!!! :lol: