Summer Bay High (by Skykat) - comments

bay girl

I've just read this all the way through and I've got to say I absolutely love it! Your characterisation is brilliant and incredibly in depth. I love Gypsy and her and Kit's friendship in the 'the enemy of my enemy is my friend' way is great. Please, please, please get Gypsy and Will back together! Looking forward to the next installment- please make it soon :)

I can't take the credit for that, it was Kat's idea (as was the idea for this story). As she put it, Kit and Gypsy aren't actually friends but they share a mutual dislike of Hayley

Kase, I'll do some Noah/Kit fluff soon as I have some more information about their backgrounds from Kat. :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You serious? I loved that chapter! I'm getting a little worried though- I'm begining to fall for Jack/Gypsy, but I'm supposed to be a huge Gypsy/Will fan :huh: , plus I can't help feeling that some how Jack will run off back to Martha :angry: and then I'll be totally gutted. Brilliant chapter though- update soon :D

Sorry I took my time in reviewing.

Firstly :o cliffhanger! Even though I know what's going to happen that line still came as a huge shock and was very well done. I loved the descriptions of Megan, I think everyone knows someone like that.

Today she wore a floppy green hat, an old-fashioned green blouse with high collar and puff sleeves, long, thick green beads and unflattering baggy black trousers that put Kim in mind of actresses in second world war movies. It was hard to tell whether she had bought the outfit specially, hired it from a fancy dress shop or raided the wardrobe of some distant elderly relative. And only Megan, Kim thought, could have got away with wearing several cheap bracelets that rattled whenever she moved her arm, green, gold-flecked nail varnish and heaps of green eye shadow without being the talk of the school.

I could just see her in my minds eye. Superb description.

Kim is so innocent and naive and I love the new side you've given him.

Kit and Noah, just a brief mention but god I love those two together. Its just so sweet and the way you write them, it's like they're just meant to be.

I'm falling in love with Gypsy and Jack, Gypsy is so self loathing, I have so much pity for her and Jack's so cute with her. I know the JM fans will be screaming noooo but I really think their pairing works.

Gypsy shrugged. “It’s okay. I’m used to it. You know how it goes. Throw out the garbo, someone. Oops, there goes Gypsy Nash! Ah, well, same difference.”

Gypsy returned the smile tinged with sadness. It wasn’t about Hayley now. It was about...well, she didn’t know what it was about anymore. Like life had dealt her a brand new deck of cards and told her to go ahead, Gypsy, pick a card, any card, and, wow! Look what you got there, Gyps, Jack of Diamonds!

It just makes me see things from inside Gypsy's head. Very effective. :)

I know I'm going backwards :P but:

An enormous amount of dialogue was packed into Martha “Mac” McKenzie’s one small word as she pressed the mobile phone to her ear without bothering to look at the caller’s name flashed on the screen. It was a snappy, impatient hello, the kind that said I’m incredibly busy right now with far, far better things to do than talk to you, if you value your life and your family then rack off immediately and stop wasting my time or this could get very, very nasty.

Fantastic opening, really set the scene for Martha's anger and Cassie defending him, Hayley thinking of herself and Adam Kerr trying it on, the reactions were spot on in this first scene. :)

I thought this was a fab chapter and you'd be a fool to think otherwise, sorry I haven't been aroiund to tell you that sooner.

Just one error, it's Cassie Turner not Parker but if I'd have been around to proof read I'd have told you that so I take the blame. :wink:

• 2 weeks later...

It will be a little while before this is next updated as, to take the story along the lines Kat and I have planned, the earlier chapters needed a little bit of editing. They won't be edited on here, but for anyone who wants to catch up fanfic.net is now up to chapter 5 and I'm working on 6.

Don't blame me for the shock twists :ph34r: in this tale tho (you have no idea what's going to happen, you poor innocent people :wink: ) blame Kat, she's the one who came up with the ideas! :P

Thanks for your patience. :)

Ohh! I liked it! I did, I did. I just must've missed it when you updated. I've read a few fics that I've been meaning to review once my exams are done (tomorrow...YAYYY) and I'll add this one to the list. Sorry ILM!! BTW I love Megan...I was wondering if she was an older character that was in H&A before I started watching as you are mixing them all up. But like Kat said, everyone knows somebody like her! She's great. Reminds me a bit of Luna Lovegood actually :P And thank you very much for that Kit/Noah fluff!! :wub:

anyway...to be continued...

Edited by kase

Ohh! I liked it! I did, I did. I just must've missed it when you updated. I've read a few fics that I've been meaning to review once my exams are done (tomorrow...YAYYY) and I'll add this one to the list. Sorry ILM!! BTW I love Megan...I was wondering if she was an older character that was in H&A before I started watching as you are mixing them all up. But like Kat said, everyone knows somebody like her! She's great. Reminds me a bit of Luna Lovegood actually :P And thank you very much for that Kit/Noah fluff!! :wub:

anyway...to be continued...

(/quote]

No. I didn't watch H&A way back, I ony watched it regularly during the Kane Phillips era. Kat created Megan as an original character and I just added to it in the last chapter because I had this picture of her in my head that wouldn't go away. I had to do a google search to find out who Luna Lovegood was, but if we're creating characters similar to those created by J K Rowling we must be doing something right! :D

I'm trying to edit the previous chapters as quickly as poss on fanfic.net (so that Kat and I can get our background stories straight :P ) but had a v.busy week last week so only managed to update one more. (Working on chapter 7 now.)

Thanks for your nice comments, everyone. :)

I had to do a google search to find out who Luna Lovegood was, but if we're creating characters similar to those created by J K Rowling we must be doing something right!

You're definitely doing a lot right! It was more the demeanor of Megan that I found familiar with Luna. Not so much what she wore, but the quirkyness and not caring what others think of their appearance...and the fact they believe there is more than what meets the eye! Megan was brought in really well, I think mostly because she has a distinct personality.

“Don’t even think of going there!” Martha stood with both fists on her hips, glaring at Cassie, and feeling like a rotten bully. But if bullying was what it took to make her best friend understand she was the victim here, then she’d bully without mercy.

I love Martha/Cassie's friendship, I really do. And I'm loving Martha's personality. I'm not usually a Martha fan but she is so down to earth and strong in this fic. Hayley is just....hmm. Hayley! :rolleyes: She is really aggravating but I'm sure that's what you were after!

I agree with Kat, even though the Noah/Kit fluff was short it was very sweet. They do seem so stable. But...stable enough to be separated by an impending death?? :unsure: very, very soon eh? I wonder who it is...and how!! What a teaser!

Gypsy shrugged. “It’s okay. I’m used to it. You know how it goes. Throw out the garbo, someone. Oops, there goes Gypsy Nash! Ah, well, same difference.”

“That’s not funny.”

“Wasn’t meant to be.” Gypsy gave a mixed message, smiling brightly and yet talking in a choked voice.

Awww I'm starting to turn to Gypsy/Jack too! I think everyone is...Even despite the popular Jack/Martha pairing and how awesome Will/Gyps are. I agree with Kat about Gypsy's character, she's so self-loathing that Jack is great for her.

Still no reaction from the Martha/Kane call...eep more suspense! More reason to anticipate the next chapter!! Well done ILM on a brilliantly written chapter and great work Kat, I love your characters/ideas and the story that is unfolding.