1988 Episode Discussion

Dan F

Episode 226: Carly on a path to self-destruction with a drug-****ed Annabel, and Bobby visiting her father in jail. Classic Home And Away icon: the Bayside Diner, where in the kitchen Mr Fisher is helping Alsa set up.

........however, do you think Bobby's "father" Al Simpson looks like the one who was

living with Sophie in the 500s

?

Why is Lance away from his boyfriend in this episode? How did Lance change his mind about signing the records so quickly, only a few episodes ago he was refusing outright. Have we missed a few episodes?

Al Simpson was played by George Leppard

but was replaced by Terence Donovan in the 1990 episodes.

It was good to see Ailsa having a positive influence on Lance and that he actually listened to her. As for why Martin wasn't in the episode, well maybe he was on the list of people that he couldn't trust when it came to his wealth so it was decided that some time apart (for this episode at least) would have done the world of good. :lol:

As for missing a few episodes, I somehow doubt it but maybe some scenes might have ended up on the cutting room floor, something that happens all too often in the episodes from nowadays. :(

Whoever got the job of hooting that car horn to hurry Steven up must have enjoyed themselves. :P

So, that's the year finished. Seems a bit odd that Roo was invited to the end of year party, maybe she was just too distraught after the David debacle and how fitting that Neville should have the last audible words, almost his only noteworthy thing all year.

Had seen this episode on Youtube probably over a year ago, so knew what was coming and whilst there's obviously some continuing themes, like Bobby's parentage and Carly living in the city, a very nothing episode

Continuing as normal on Monday.

Not sure of the exact reasons behind it, but for the last 2 weeks of 1988 the show was only shown Mon-Thurs, hence why it's 2 eps behind. It was obviously planned like this though with the finale being 228.

This continued for the first 3 weeks of 1989 until the episodes matched up once again and returned to 5 days a week.

It also occurred at the end of 1989 and 1990 (with 1989 ending on 2 eps per week for the last 4 weeks)

They sure knew how to plan ahead! :lol:

Bit cheesed off to find that my 89 tapes appear to have descended - as a one - into barely playable mush just in the last 18 months. I've been so concerned with keeping up with archiving 88 to DVD I hadn't got round to 89. Now there's not much point.

Looks like I'm going to have to retape the whole damn season on 7TWO (providing they don't get taken off, of course!) :(:angry::rolleyes:

(providing they don't get taken off, of course!) :(:angry::rolleyes:

Thanks for the explanation, Dan. :) I can now archive my episodes with the correct dates. :)

Cody - surely they won´t take off the episodes now? I´m so thrilled to now have the entire 88 season archived, its brilliant! I hope we get through 89 unscathed and I´m so curious about what´s going to happen come the 1990 season but fingers crosses we´ll get that too...

I don't know what the figures are, but to me a rerun of a popular programme is certainly what digital channels should be airing. I'm sure there's one of my Freeview channels that has NZ drain unblocking on constant loop and you think that must pull in about 10 people each day.

Archived