1988 Episode Discussion

Dan F

Haven't posted for a while. Had a major catch-up the other day, watched about 6 episodes over 2 days.

Great episoes, I agree that it's not quite up to the standards set earlier, still some wonderful episodes though. EVERY scene with Lance and Martin has been brilliant, the 'Martin Dribble' comment was hilarious. Never a dull moment with those guys around.

Loved the Alan winning most popular student, that was really a nice scene, as was Bobby recieving her award.

So glad I got hooked on these eps.

I hope they burn those horrible racists Floss and Nev at the stake!

I thought todays was certainly a better episode, besides what almost seemed a Public Broadcast on racism in the David scenes. Carly moving out, the Fletcher's having started the year with six are down to two children and you can see the groundwork of Bobby's parentage being laid.

Oh dear. Today's ep was the first I have on tape from the previous repeat run in the late 90s/early 00s (which I watched less than 2 years ago). I watched about 10 minutes and turned it off. Just way too soon to watch 'em again, so that would seem to be that for me for now.

What a bummer. :(

I'lll try and convince you back in a year or so time that Greg is actually worth watching.

I don't think the racism storyline worked in the last episode. Whether or not Floss or Neville were clumsy or uncertain, if it was racist, at least it was well-mannered and good intenioned racism rather than antagonistic stuff.

Episode 226: Carly on a path to self-destruction with a drug-****ed Annabel, and Bobby visiting her father in jail. Classic Home And Away icon: the Bayside Diner, where in the kitchen Mr Fisher is helping Alsa set up.

........however, do you think Bobby's "father" Al Simpson looks like the one who was

living with Sophie in the 500s

?

Why is Lance away from his boyfriend in this episode? How did Lance change his mind about signing the records so quickly, only a few episodes ago he was refusing outright. Have we missed a few episodes?

Flamin' Alf is keeping the truth about Bobby's real parents under his flamin' hat. Isn't this the "ultra-dramatic cliffhanger" of 1988?

Archived